Author Topic: Imbecile Man Dies From Caffeine Overdose  (Read 18054 times)

suckmymuscle

Imbecile Man Dies From Caffeine Overdose
« on: October 23, 2011, 01:51:54 AM »
  This moron took two tea spoons of anydrous USP grade caffeine powder, the equivalent of more than 70 shots of espresso at once and died. This idiot had no idea of the amount of caffeine he was taking. He forgot that this was USP grade caffeine, meaning that there were no excipients in the powder. It was caffeine at the least 99.9% pure(which is the minimum for it to be regarded as USP). A dose of caffeine of as little as one gram can cause a cardiac arrest in those susceptible. A single teaspoon has over 5 grams! To give you an idea what this dose of caffeine is, take into consideration that a can of soda has about 45 miligrams of caffeine. So swallowing two tea spoons of anhydrous USP grade caffeine is the equivalent of ingesting the amount of caffeine of 220 cans of soda at once!

Caffeine is a very toxic substance. People don't understand just how little caffeine it takes to cause the stimulant properties it has. The desirable effects of caffeine, such as increased mental alertness, caused by inhibbition of adenosine receptors in the brain, and increased elation and pleasure-seeking, caused by the release of dopamine in the pre-frontal cortex and to a lesser extent the the nucleus accumbens, increases to doses of no more than about 100 miligrams. That is a dose equivalent to a grain of sand. The undesirable effects of caffeine start with doses as low as 200 miligrams. In high doses(200+ miligrams), caffeine results in excessive stimulation of the sympathetic nervous sytem, resulting in restleness, tachycardia and anxiety. In extremely high doses(1,000+ miligrams), caffeine also stimulates the parasympathomimetic nervous system, resulting in brachycardia, sudoresis, meiosis and salivation. In fact, the effects of these extremely high doses of caffeine are undistinguishible from those of organophosphate poisons used in agriculture to kill pests.

Now because of this imbecile, are you guys willing to bet that politicians will try to use this to ban coffee, caffeine powder and soda?

http://www.google.com.br/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=caffeine%20powder%20deaths&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-1324722%2FParty-goer-killed-2-spoonfuls-caffeine-powder--equivalent-70-Red-Bulls.html&ei=qNCjTqSJHNGbtwfHmfymBQ&usg=AFQjCNFF-cDuB9Dvt_WgUkvoyxOyV4dT1w

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Imbecile Man Dies From Caffeine Overdose
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 01:56:01 AM »

"...if he had known it was going to kill him he wouldn't have taken it, but it has and there's nothing we can do about that."

;D

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 01:56:48 AM »
If Johnny Falcon reads this thread, you may have saved his life.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 02:02:34 AM »
If Johnny Falcon reads this thread, you may have saved his life.

When these people buy USP grade caffeine, are they even aware that it has no added fillers or excipients and that all of it is caffeine ??? The next time you go to the beach, grab a grain of sand. That is the amount of caffeine in a cup of coffee. Now imagine swallowing two tea spoons of it! :-\

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 02:04:14 AM »
I've been reviewing a lot of pre-workout supplements lately and for the past month I think I hit 100-200mg of caffeine on probably half the days.  Normally I would consider that a lot but my reasoning is that if pregnant women are allowed 200mg daily throughout the entire course of their pregnancy, there shouldn't be any problems with an adult male getting less than that and not even every day.  To be honest, I think the extra caffeine has helped lean me out a little.  I didn't really realize how well it works for fat loss until this past month as I've always been one of those permabulkers who gets nowhere.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 02:04:40 AM »
 This moron took two tea spoons of anydrous USP grade caffeine powder, the equivalent of more than 70 shots of espresso at once and died. This idiot had no idea of the amount of caffeine he was taking. He forgot that this was USP grade caffeine, meaning that there were no excipients in the powder. It was caffeine at the least 99.9% pure(which is the minimum for it to be regarded as USP).

I have USP grade, 0.1 of a gm is 100 mg - I have 0.00 lab scales in the kitchen. Would not take it without them.

PT
Growth/noob loves me

breakmore

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 02:05:06 AM »
But, i think on multiple occasions i take more then 1gr of cafeine a day. I'm still good, time to up the dose.  :)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 02:08:43 AM »
But, i think on multiple occasions i take more then 1gr of cafeine a day. I'm still good, time to up the dose.  :)

That is 25 cans of soda. This is a lot but not dangerous in a 24 hours period. Taken at once, it might be lethal although most grown men would need to take about 3 times more than that to die for sure. 3,000 miligrams at once will almost certainly kill you or damage your heart muscle forever.

SUCKMYmUSCLE

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 02:11:09 AM »
"...if he had known it was going to kill him he wouldn't have taken it, but it has and there's nothing we can do about that."

;D

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 02:12:09 AM »

Are you drinking x25 cans of sada a day?? Do you have teeth  left??

PT
Growth/noob loves me

suckmymuscle

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 02:17:15 AM »
  Anydrous, USP grade caffeine at over 99.9% purity. The amount of caffeine seen in this picture can kill all Getbiggers several times.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

breakmore

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 02:45:32 AM »
Are you drinking x25 cans of sada a day?? Do you have teeth  left??

PT

I don't drink soda, i take 500mg in the form of 2 tablets upon awakening, the rest i make up with coffee throughout the day.  :)

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 02:48:27 AM »
I don't drink soda, i take 500mg in the form of 2 tablets upon awakening, the rest i make up with coffee throughout the day.  :)

500mg in the morning?? what do you weigh, 200kg  :o
Shit, can you stop talking for the next x2 hrs??

PT
Growth/noob loves me

breakmore

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 02:53:54 AM »
500mg in the morning?? what do you weigh, 200kg  :o
Shit, can you stop talking for the next x2 hrs??

PT

No, i weigh about 90kg. But the thing is i think you develop a higher threshold fast with caffeine, i dunno. (broscience  :) )

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 02:59:28 AM »
No, i weigh about 90kg. But the thing is i think you develop a higher threshold fast with caffeine, i dunno. (broscience  :) )

True, i don't feel 200mg at all.  ;D

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 03:08:05 AM »
I previously said caffein is poison, many dont realise. Suckmymuscle is a intruiging poster.

Feel like an imbecile myself because i have trouble pronouncing many of the words listed, lol

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 03:16:21 AM »

So why is such a powder made, yet sold to general people   ???

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 03:16:51 AM »
I previously said caffein is poison, many dont realise. Suckmymuscle is a intruiging poster.

Feel like an imbecile myself because i have trouble pronouncing many of the words listed, lol

I would have said the same for many years and said the same for alcohol as well but I do believe they are both fine if you stay within a certain amount per body weight.  If caffeine was really so bad we would see people getting sick from their morning coffee.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 03:25:05 AM »
Likes a strong coffee then

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 03:32:25 AM »
So why is such a powder made, yet sold to general people   ???

Because not every-one is a fucking idiot.
people get enough medication in x1 prescription to kill them if not taken as advised (strong pain killers, etc)
Over-dose. It helps weed out the morons before they get a chance to reproduce

PT
Growth/noob loves me

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 03:49:54 AM »
people get enough medication in x1 prescription to kill them if not taken as advised (strong pain killers, etc)

PT
:D

Xerxes

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 03:50:10 AM »
How long does it take to build up tolerance with caffeine? I really enjoy it's good effects but I don't want to be "one of those" coffee addicts...

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 04:06:18 AM »

PT

LOL, yeah that's obvious but where you use that strong powder at home conditions ?

Someone seriously putting 1/100 of tea spoon of this powder in their drink or sumthin' ?  HAHHA, wouldn't it be just easier to buy caffeine tablets that contain certain mg's of coffee...

Spicoli

• Getbig III
  • People on luds should not drive
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 04:10:50 AM »
Does the USP grade caffeine have any taste to it? Is it granual or chalky? Any getbigger ever snort it or use it for cut?
Team Schering Oss NL

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 04:21:05 AM »
LOL, yeah that's obvious but where you use that strong powder at home conditions ?

Someone seriously putting 1/100 of tea spoon of this powder in their drink or sumthin' ?  HAHHA, wouldn't it be just easier to buy caffeine tablets that contain certain mg's of coffee...

Post x5 genius

I have USP grade, 0.1 of a gm is 100 mg - I have 0.00 lab scales in the kitchen. Would not take it without them.

PT
Growth/noob loves me