Author Topic: Bent over pullover  (Read 2284 times)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Bent over pullover
« on: October 23, 2011, 03:18:58 PM »
What do you think about this exercise? So you bent over, take a dumbbell in your hand and close the angle to your torso with a straight arm. You can use more weight than in the lying pullover and for me it feels so much better in my shoulders.

You can't find much info for this bent over variety on the net.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Bent over pullover
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 05:24:10 PM »
No comprende` !!  :(

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 08:30:51 AM »
Agreeing with Wes...WTF?

And there is a very good reason you can't fine much info on it.  Good Luck.
F

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 01:37:12 PM »
-The starting position is like a barbell bent over row, back parallel to the ground or fairly close to it, arm facing straight towards the floor.
-The final position is the same as with a tricep kickback. Your arm is by your side and of course it remains straight the whole time.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 07:44:42 PM »
OK, if I understand your correctly, that is primarily a triceps exercise (an a old one at that).  I guess your doing it as a triceps exercise, but it also hits the rear delts a bit. Seen this done standing or even face down on a bench/incline bench. Both short backwards movements.

If that works well for you, than great. But I might prefer the DB triceps kickback as hitting the triceps with a harder contraction. Can also do kickbacks while lying ( face up) on a bench. Starting from a bent arm full stretch position, just kickback the bar out and away from the head.  Good Luck.
F