Author Topic: Do you believe in Jesus?  (Read 55356 times)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: Do you believe in Jesus?
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2011, 03:13:55 PM »
More proof that it was all created by man based off stories.

8)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2011, 03:18:13 PM »
Especially when the closest writing to Jesus' actual life was 25 years after his death... Yes, it's "non-sense".

::)

Not just plain "non-sense" but "uttor non-sense".

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2011, 03:18:52 PM »
Not just plain "non-sense" but "uttor non-sense".

True... Jesus doesn't help anyone spell any better, does he?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2011, 03:21:13 PM »
Quick , Somebody call National Geographic! The great minds of Getbig have concluded that Jesus never existed!

While I do believe that Catholicism way back in the beginning was developed to consolidate power and the concept of Hell was develop to scare people into following, and the decision to omit certain books like The Book of Enoch, which talked of various dimensions and karmatic endings,
there has yet been no proof that he NEVER existed.

If you look objectively and honestly , it's VERY hard to prove that Jesus existed. NOT one word in the new testament is by Jesus , it's by his followers and we know next to nothing about these people  and none of it was written at the time of his supposed life only decades later and entertaining he did live the miracles are all fairy tales , they honestly can't even say there was a Nazareth at the time of his supposed life , they don't know the exact time of birth or death , honestly there are way to many holes in that story

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2011, 03:23:38 PM »
There is a place called Israel, there is a city named Jeruselem.  If you were to trace back the historical events of the life of Jesus, it is solid.  As I mentioned before, you may not believe who he claimed to be, or his teachings, or Who sent him, but the evidence that, at the least, Jesus of Nazareth existed.  They hated him then, and they hate him now.  No one in the history of human kind has impacted people like Jesus.  Why do we call it the year 2011 AD?  Time was rewritten because of him. 
x2

no one has left a 2000+ year impact and gained such a following whether for good or bad reasons.

religious or not you can't deny this.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2011, 03:27:23 PM »
x2

no one has left a 2000+ year impact and gained such a following whether for good or bad reasons.

religious or not you can't deny this.

The time thing urks me... AD has nothing to do with Jesus.

It's Anno Domini and since it was done for Easter purposes by the church, of course it's going to have a religious overtone... It was made 500 years after Jesus was supposedly to have died.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2011, 03:28:03 PM »
If you look objectively and honestly , it's VERY hard to prove that Jesus existed. NOT one word in the new testament is by Jesus , it's by his followers and we know next to nothing about these people  and none of it was written at the time of his supposed life only decades later and entertaining he did live the miracles are all fairy tales , they honestly can't even say there was a Nazareth at the time of his supposed life , they don't know the exact time of birth or death , honestly there are way to many holes in that story

People that persecuted the Christian before Constantine never denied the man existed but had tremendous hatred for the man, they didn't like it that he was being worshipped so they tried to get people to disbelieve he was the son of God, think about it, would it not be easier to just say he did not exist?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2011, 03:30:48 PM »

It's Anno Domini and since it was done for Easter purposes by the church, of course it's going to have a religious overtone... It was made 500 years after Jesus was supposedly to have died.

It is based on Christ's date of birth and Christ only, everyone knows this.............so..... ...WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT WILLIS?
can someone post the youtube video 8)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2011, 03:33:29 PM »
It is based on Christ's date of birth and Christ only, everyone knows this.............so..... ...WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT WILLIS?
can someone post the youtube video 8)

What are you talking about?

It's based on a supposed birth and was again determined 500 plus years later since the previous calendar method was created by some evil doer or whatever and it was supposed to date EASTER... You know... A christian thing.

I'm not saying it's not "supposed to be"... I'm just saying that even THAT is much ado about nothing.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2011, 03:37:28 PM »
Believe? No.

But I wanted to.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2011, 03:42:51 PM »
Yes I believe in Jesus. I feel a great comfort when I'm going to church and spending time reading my bible. People bitch about modern woman so much well find a good christian girl you don't have the same problems with good christian woman. They wont cheat on you, they aren't confused about gender roles, they will have your back in the worst and best of times, they will stand by you through thick and thin. Of course there's exceptions to the rule but if you find a good one they will make you very happy!

The bible lays it out perfectly how the relationship is suppose to be between man and woman. The bible lays out how you're suppose to treat your fellow man, how you should live your life if you want to be successful. I really don't understand all of the hate. The world would be a much better place if more people followed his teachings!

The whole premise of the bible is to love your neighbor, treat people with kindness and respect. What is wrong with that?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2011, 03:46:20 PM »
I really don't understand all of the hate. The world would be a much better place if more people followed his teachings!

No hate. And I agree, we would be better off.

But I just don't believe.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2011, 03:46:41 PM »

that's even better. a 2512 year legacy is unmatched.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2011, 03:48:55 PM »

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2011, 03:49:04 PM »
that's even better. a 2512 year legacy is unmatched.

Doesn't really make it any more real though.

Greek Gods and their mythology was about that long.

And no, it's not 2500 years... It's 2000, they just retrofitted it around what would be year 540AD.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2011, 04:00:54 PM »

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2011, 04:03:06 PM »
5 more pages before this thread becomes cliche'

keep it going

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2011, 04:04:06 PM »

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

SHOW SOME FUCKERS RESPECT   Jesus Fucking Christ!!!!!!!!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2011, 04:17:08 PM »
More proof that it was all created by man based off stories.

8)
And what or who were these stories based off of?
I don't think it was a, "Hey there is that rebel rouser who lives in a tent down by the river with his ex whore 'friend', let's make some stories up about him."

Tu, Hey-Sus was also thought to be a trouble starter...

Then 25 yrs later it's,  "Hey, this dude either was smoking some good "burning bush", or he really was on to something.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2011, 04:22:04 PM »

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2011, 04:24:26 PM »
Yes I believe in Jesus. I feel a great comfort when I'm going to church and spending time reading my bible. People bitch about modern woman so much well find a good christian girl you don't have the same problems with good christian woman. They wont cheat on you, they aren't confused about gender roles, they will have your back in the worst and best of times, they will stand by you through thick and thin. Of course there's exceptions to the rule but if you find a good one they will make you very happy!

The bible lays it out perfectly how the relationship is suppose to be between man and woman. The bible lays out how you're suppose to treat your fellow man, how you should live your life if you want to be successful. I really don't understand all of the hate. The world would be a much better place if more people followed his teachings!

The whole premise of the bible is to love your neighbor, treat people with kindness and respect. What is wrong with that?

This is what I was talking about. "Chaste" women are hard to come by, and it is only fair that you treat them as they treat you. In other words: No cheating or screwing around.

They won't leave you, but they don't deserve to be hurt either. And why would you hurt a woman like this? Because it's easy?

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2011, 04:29:49 PM »
ronnie coleman says that faith in god is the number one key to success in the cult of bodybuild

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2011, 04:31:39 PM »
If Biblical Jesus exists, why would he answer some prayers and totally plug his ears to others? The suffering he allows on a daily basis is incomprehensible, and it happens to good Christians, too.

Un-fucking-forgivable.

It makes more sense to believe that there just ain't anyone there listening.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2011, 04:39:22 PM »
Beware of any Fear based "Gods". Beyond evil. The kids on who's smarter than a 5th grader could tell you how fuked up the people at the Vatican are. That's one creepy ass place.