Author Topic: Do you believe in Jesus?  (Read 55288 times)

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
Re: Do you believe in Jesus?
« Reply #225 on: October 25, 2011, 09:15:50 AM »
Paki goes up to heaven and is greeted by St.Peter at the Pearly Gates. "What's your name son?"
"Abdul Ahmed from Bradford.", replies the paki. "Sorry son, no muslims allowed in here mate"
"But St.Peter, just last week I gave 2 grand to Christian Aid!"
"Hmm, let me go and see the Big Man, see what I can do."
Half an hour later St.Peter reemerges through the Pearly Gates, "Here's you 2 grand, now fuck off!"

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #226 on: October 25, 2011, 10:05:51 AM »
Every few months a jesus/bible/god/creation thread hits this forum like a 20rep squat workout...

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #227 on: October 25, 2011, 10:10:28 AM »
Every few months a jesus/bible/god/creation thread hits this forum like a 20rep squat workout...

Time for a Jomanda appreciation tread, Dutch?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #228 on: October 25, 2011, 10:14:45 AM »
You must be young...Ronnie is from the Deep South, and if you understand anything about peoples down there...GOD comes first...also among Black Americans, God offered HOPE, and as my mother said, if you just have a tiny grain of sand of "hope", then hold you onto it. And that is what kept many black folk alive, and persevere thru the toughest times...whereas other people (like during the Depression) were offing themselves.
It's why when you see those real old school black people, that they have that regalness to them. They have been thru some shit, but they had God in their lives, they had hope.

Now as far as him  knocking women up...was he married? And that is truly between him and GOD. But, what's funny, is that you can hardly find anybody that has a bad thing to say about Ronnie. His belief, his faith in his belief is his armor, and maybe we all can learn from him in that regard.
Because it seems that the people on here who have no faith (whether it be in God, or themselves), are the ones who are the most crankiest, the most pessimistic, and are always complaining--like they are Grumpy Carebear...

Yeah people from the deep-south had that religion forced onto them by their slave owners , who actually used the bible as proof that slavery was justifiable , it offered them hope that the afterlife would be better than what they were forced to do in this one.

breakmore

• Getbig III
« Reply #229 on: October 25, 2011, 10:28:26 AM »
Time for a Jomanda appreciation tread, Dutch?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #230 on: October 25, 2011, 10:32:50 AM »
Sylvia was a lovely woman...

~RIP~

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: October 25, 2011, 10:44:05 AM »
We are all just random occurances of the universe. When we die, we die. Nothing more to come.

Why is this so troubling for so many? Are you truly this egocentric?! Your existence doesn't matter a hill of beans. But why give a shit? Do folks need to feel their life means something? It doesn't. Just do what you want, and if you cross the line with someone and get your ass handed to you, that's the way it is.

In the purest sense, there is no right and wrong. The universe doesn't care what you do. Only you can care what you do.

I am consistently amazed with all the believers who are SO frightened and conceited that they'll not consider just how much of a massive load of crap all this religion bullshit truly is.

The absurdity of believing in bearded men in the sky and some dude walking around saying he is the son of "god" ... and then people falling for the horseshit is staggering to the concept of reality and reason.

I love the people who suggest those of us who do not believe "don't have proof that he doesn't exist". REALLY?! Is it not obvious how plain stupid this is?

There's no one out there (well, likely there are other life forms) fitting any description of a god. Praying is wasting one's time. You'd be just as served praying to your stove.

I am mortified with the state of my species, as it exists in the year 2011. Such weakness and susceptibility to fairy tales and fear of their own mortality.

Get over yourselves.

You have been brainwashed and will believe whatever satisifies your cowardess and apprehension about death.

Flakes, all.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #232 on: October 25, 2011, 10:48:30 AM »
We are all just random occurances of the universe. When we die, we die. Nothing more to come.

Why is this so troubling for so many? Are you truly this egocentric?! Your existence doesn't matter a hill of beans. But why give a shit? Do folks need to feel their life means something? It doesn't. Just do what you want, and if you cross the line with someone and get your ass handed to you, that's the way it is.

In the purest sense, there is no right and wrong. The universe doesn't care what you do. Only you can care what you do.

I am consistently amazed with all the believers who are SO frightened and conceited that they'll not consider just how much of a massive load of crap all this religion bullshit truly is.

The absurdity of believing in bearded men in the sky and some dude walking around saying he is the son of "god" ... and then people falling for the horseshit is staggering to the concept of reality and reason.

I love the people who suggest those of us who do not believe "don't have proof that he doesn't exist". REALLY?! Is it not obvious how plain stupid this is?

There's no one out there (well, likely there are other life forms) fitting any description of a god. Praying is wasting one's time. You'd be just as served praying to your stove.

I am mortified with the state of my species, as it exists in the year 2011. Such weakness and susceptibility to fairy tales and fear of their own mortality.

Get over yourselves.

You have been brainwashed and will believe whatever satisifies your cowardess and apprehension about death.

Flakes, all.

lol

if 'god" doesnt cause the universe to develop and improve life, if "god" doesnt sustain energy and matter, if "god" doesnt maintain the physical laws that make everything function..

then what does ?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: October 25, 2011, 10:50:50 AM »
lol

if 'god" doesnt cause the universe to develop and improve life, if "god" doesnt sustain energy and matter, if "god" doesnt maintain the physical laws that make everything function..

then what does ?

Electricity? Dark matter? Hell, who knows?! But it isn't some "god".  

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #234 on: October 25, 2011, 10:52:13 AM »
Electricity? Dark matter? Hell, who knows?! But it isn't some "god". 
electricity ? dark matter ? where did those things come from? what causes them to act in such a way to sustain the universe ?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #235 on: October 25, 2011, 11:01:58 AM »
Funny how many people go to prison and get religion then as soon they get out start doing the same ole shit that got them in there.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: October 25, 2011, 11:06:47 AM »
Funny how many people go to prison and get religion then as soon they get out start doing the same ole shit that got them in there.

It's like the old cartoon of the "Born Again" Bible Thumping Inmate who tosses the bible in the trash on his way out of jail and states, "I won't be needing this anymore"

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: October 25, 2011, 11:07:32 AM »
electricity ? dark matter ? where did those things come from? what causes them to act in such a way to sustain the universe ?

Why does everyone believe something has to have a beginning or a maker? Sure, such thinking makes sense in our own TINY arena of life and understanding, but what exactly is so difficult about the concept that perhaps some things just are?

I have a tiny brain like all the rest of those of my species, but I do accept that the "keys to the universe" are so beyond my grasp of any relateable science that it's not worth an attempt to understand.

And certainly not to conjure make-believe gods.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #238 on: October 25, 2011, 11:45:15 AM »
Why does everyone believe something has to have a beginning or a maker? Sure, such thinking makes sense in our own TINY arena of life and understanding, but what exactly is so difficult about the concept that perhaps some things just are?

I have a tiny brain like all the rest of those of my species, but I do accept that the "keys to the universe" are so beyond my grasp of any relateable science that it's not worth an attempt to understand.

And certainly not to conjure make-believe gods.

so you think that the universe just is, nothing caused it to happen, nothing causes anything to happen, it all just happens.. the laws of physics have no origin and nothing to sustain them.. they just are.. and everything that has ever happened is purely by chance, with no meaning whatsoever ... ? thats what you think ?

can you see why some people would think that there must be some kind of divine attribute to the universe, guiding it forward, sustaining its laws, and giving it its potentialities ?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #239 on: October 25, 2011, 12:09:33 PM »
Yeah people from the deep-south had that religion forced onto them by their slave owners , who actually used the bible as proof that slavery was justifiable , it offered them hope that the afterlife would be better than what they were forced to do in this one.

Yep, sure didn't work for the Amerindians and Native Americans---they just gave up and died or were exterminated...

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #240 on: October 25, 2011, 12:40:24 PM »
whether I believe in a higher power or not doesn't stop the fact that this thread will be a ten page copy/paste fest involving tbombz and some other 2 dudes by the end of tommorow

I'm pretty amazing, huh

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #241 on: October 25, 2011, 01:09:06 PM »
I'm pretty amazing, huh
Almost as clairvoyant as Sev!  ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #242 on: October 25, 2011, 01:55:15 PM »
I'm pretty amazing, huh
except ive never copy/pasted anything in one of these thread once.. 

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #243 on: October 25, 2011, 01:57:32 PM »
lol @ people arguing with tbomz, he is trolling, all religious people are basically trolls. WHen an athiest argues with a christain the atheist always loses, because he is deceived. The christian does not actually believe in god ok, only fucking cray people do

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #244 on: October 25, 2011, 02:01:19 PM »
lol @ people arguing with tbomz, he is trolling, all religious people are basically trolls. WHen an athiest argues with a christain the atheist always loses, because he is deceived. The christian does not actually believe in god ok, only fucking cray people do
 nope.. of course this discussion can really never have an end.. but i find it very disconcerting that so many intelligent people are outspoken atheists...  when reality strongly suggests creation/supernatural processes...    i have a big appreciation for intelligence and enjoy seeing smart people become wise people..  which is why i always partake in these threads.. to bring some depth to the shallows.. 

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #245 on: October 25, 2011, 02:07:39 PM »
lol, see... discussion never ends, suggests this or that, this is all pointing it all being rhetoric to him. Religious people are trolls, plane and simple, the religious establishment exploits people's tendecy to worship. When a group of social animals gerts together a heirarchy is formed, plane and simple, organisms at the top control the resources and use this as leverage to occupy real estate in other organism;s brains. This is called power. To be an atheist, to look at the world and figure it out and fill ur head with ur own ideas is to reject the power of people who control resources. You have to be self sufficient to do this, you have to have no fear, you gotta have confidence in putting plate on ur own table. THis is why when drug addicts hit rock bottom they submit to god, it's a relief to say think that now because you give people power over you those people will reward you. Tbomz is like this, he understands that to have integrity is a disadvantage socially, that to be an athiest takes courage. WHy risk the anxiety of going against authority? In the end the organism does what it can to survive, giving up integrity is one of those things

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #246 on: October 25, 2011, 02:21:26 PM »
lol

thats pretty much what moth atheists believe is the truth

and there is alot of truth in it.. a large amount of people who "believe in god" have never really put any thought into their belief, they just have faith that their life isnt meaningless and when they think about death they prefer to imagine life after.. these are simple people.. and they make up about 90% of the world

atheists are generally very smart people... they think for themselves and reject tradition when they see no logic behind it. religion, the various bibles, the history of mankind, and the existence of "evil", "pain", and "suffering" are all very strong arguments for the free thinker to deny god.  why should he believe..    the world is far from perfect, good people have bad things happen to them.. if god is all powerful and perfect and good, why do these things exist? of course he doesnt..   religion has always been an obstruction to progress in the world... and the stories contained in religious doctrine about creation and the history of the earth are obviously false.

so why would an intelligent person ever believe in such an obviously false idea? theres no proof a god exists, and everything contradicts his existence... right?

i cam to this conclusion at a very young age, as early as i could remember. i never bought into the concept of god. even though both my parents are believers, though not religious, and i never knew any atheists personally.  i always saw that belief and religion were just a way for people to get over their fear of death. its was quite simple to see.

why do i believe now ?  you think it was because i hit rock bottom as a drug addict..   no. although many drug addicts do use religion/god as a crutch to get them off their addictions. they simply trade one addiction for another. drugs for worship.  however thats not the case with myself.  in rehab i strongly rejected the idea that i need to submit to some kind of higher power. and i never did.  it was almost two years ago now that i became a "believer". well, not really a believer per se but mre so a believer than a non believer or an agnostic. i really cant say anything for certain but things seem pretty clear to me when i meditate upon them.  so what caused me to abandon my old opinion? well, for one, i can say i never would have been able to if i still connected god to religion. i think that is key, being able to think outside the box.. being able to imagine that all the religions, all the bibles, all the stories of god found here on earth are completely false... but yet god could still possibly exist.   but that is something that allowed me to think of the issue differently than most people, most atheists can.  the actualy thing that made me into a believer was LOGIC. the princple of causality.  a certain line of questioninng that when you actually take a moment and consider it will drop down on your head like a 10 ton boulder and crush all of your preconceptions. that line of questioning pertains to the origin and cause for all things. where did everything come from ? what caused everything to happen ?  ... these questions do not prove god exists.. but they make you understand that if there is an answer to those questions, the only possible answer is god.  and with that knowledge you can then build upon it.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #247 on: October 25, 2011, 02:26:13 PM »
except ive never copy/pasted anything in one of these thread once.. 

That's a serious LIE! During your discussion with Lovemonkey about particles without mass (speed of light discussion) you came with the "confession" that you copy pasted some physics stuff to "prove" that God was the cause.
Too bad that I can't find that thread anymore.

Xerxes

« Reply #248 on: October 25, 2011, 02:27:34 PM »
Please God, if you're out there

make this thread die

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #249 on: October 25, 2011, 02:29:19 PM »
That's a serious LIE! During your discussion with Lovemonkey about particles without mass (speed of light discussion) you came with the "confession" that you copy pasted some physics stuff to "prove" that God was the cause.
Too bad that I can't find that thread anymore.
no no no no no

that was a discussion about physics

it was in one of these threads but the actual discussion was on a scientific subject, and it had nothing to do with proving god was the cause...   it was a debate on a particular issue. i believe lovemonkey had tried to say that massless particles exist. and i was trying to explain to him that was impossible, but my explanations lacked sufficient conciseness so i found a post from another forum where a more eductaed individual explained my point with references to scientific ideas that made my contention easily understood.  

i dont claim to prove anything i only point out the fact that science is incapable of answering the questions "where did it come from" and "what caused it to happen", and that if an answer does exist that answer is necessarily "god".