Author Topic: Liberal Media Bias  (Read 166904 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Liberal Media Bias
« Reply #250 on: April 28, 2015, 11:50:43 AM »
The MSM giving liberals cover again.  Typical.

CNN Tries to Distance Hillary From Blaming Benghazi Attack on Anti-Muslim Video
By P.J. Gladnick | April 28, 2015

Despite what you probably think, then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton did not really blame an anti-Muslim video for the American consulate attack in Benghazi on September 11, 2012. What? You're sure you heard her make that claim? Well, according the proposition of CNN Correspondent Elise Labott, quoting a Clinton aide, Hillary is absolved from blaming the video for the attack because she did not use the word "spontaneous." I kid you not.

See, it was UN ambassador Susan Rice making her rounds on the Sunday morning talk shows who used the somehow taboo S-word, not Hillary. Therefore the latter didn't really blame the attack on the video because of the lack of that one word:

The emails relating to Benghazi are a fraction of all those Clinton has handed over to the State Department since leaving office. In December, she released 30,000 emails -- about 55,000 pages -- to the agency, which State Department officials say are still being reviewed.​ The State Department has the emails Clinton voluntarily handed over. But she kept private the server that housed them and has since wiped it clean.

...Then-ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice's appearances on Sunday morning talk shows became a lightning rod for Republicans, who criticized Clinton at the time for avoiding public statements on the controversy. Administration officials had said at the time that Clinton was exhausted after a grueling week.

On the talk shows, Rice described the attack as a protest over an anti-Muslim video, which erupted spontaneously into violence. Clinton never made that characterization, and after intense Republican charges of downplaying the attack, administration officials began to call it a "terrorist attack."

Emails between Clinton and her aides in the days following Rice's appearances and first reported by The New York Times expressed relief that she had not gone as far as Rice did in her language describing the attacks.

In an email to Clinton two weeks after the attack, Jake Sullivan, Clinton's director of policy planning and chief foreign aide at the State Department, said he had reviewed her public remarks since the attack and found she never used the language Rice did.

"You never said 'spontaneous' or characterized their motivations," he wrote to Clinton.

Although Hillary did not actually use the word "spontaneous," her speech on the Benghazi attack which was carried by CNN on September 13, 2012 clearly shows she blamed the attack on the anti-Muslim video.

The video circulating on the internet that has led to these protests in a number of countries...

But, hey, she didn't use the word "spontaneous" so in Elise Labott's world, Hillary is home free.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/pj-gladnick/2015/04/28/cnn-tries-distance-hillary-blaming-benghazi-attack-anti-muslim-video#sthash.uFaq4jc3.dpuf

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: May 05, 2015, 11:01:28 AM »
Networks Downplay 2016 Presidential Announcements of Republicans Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina
By Curtis Houck | May 4, 2015

Following the announcements from Republicans Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina that they will each be running for president, the “big three” of ABC, CBS, and NBC showed no interest in giving extensive time to either candidate during their Monday evening newscasts with a combined one minute and 10 seconds of news briefs devoted to the new 2016 candidates.

Clocking in with the least amount of time was the CBS Evening News with a scant 20 seconds on the entrance of Carson and Fiorina into the GOP field. Anchor Scott Pelley reported that “[t]wo non-politicians joined the growing field of Republican presidential candidates today” with Carson doing so “in Detroit, where he was raised.”

Citing his background as a neurosurgeon, Pelley capped off the eight seconds of coverage on Carson by touting him as “fierce opponent of ObamaCare.” Pelley then used the remaining seven seconds to highlight Fiorina as “a former CEO Hewlett-Packard and a harsh critic of Democrat Hillary Clinton.”

After Fiorina announced her candidacy on ABC’s Good Morning America, ABC’s World News Tonight made no mention of Fiorina’s appearance there and instead played a clip from one of her campaign videos. All told, World News Tonight offered the most time of the three networks at 29 seconds. Broken down for each candidate, 16 seconds went to Fiorina with 10 seconds for Carson (after a five-second introduction).

Anchor David Muir began by informing viewers of “the new faces joining the race for 2016” with Fiorina having “never held elected office.” In introducing the clip from Fiorina’s campaign, Muir noted that she “came out swinging at Hillary Clinton.”

On Carson, Muir correctly mentioned that he’s “the first African-American candidate for 2016” and is known as being both “a well-known neurosurgeon” and someone who’s “critical of President Obama's health care reform.”

Meanwhile, NBC Nightly News clocked in with a measly 21 seconds of airtime on the new candidates. Of those short seconds, 11 of those were devoted to Fiorina’s announcement as Holt brought up the fact that she previously ran for one of California’s seats in the U.S. Senate in 2010 and her being “the first official female GOP candidate for 2016.”

With only five seconds left, Holt transitioned to Carson by stating that “retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson also announced that he is joining the Republican field.”

In contrast, when Hillary Clinton announced her candidacy on April 12, ABC’s World News Tonight and NBC Nightly News combined for a whopping eight minutes and 47 seconds of coverage gushing over the former First Lady’s decision to run for the White House (with the CBS Evening News not airing on the East Coast that evening).

The transcript of the brief that aired on the CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley on May 4 can be found below.

CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley
May 4, 2015
6:39 p.m. Eastern

[ON-SCREEN HEADLINE CAPTION: Campaign 2016]

SCOTT PELLEY: Two non-politicians joined the growing field of Republican presidential candidates today. Ben Carson announced in Detroit, where he was raised. Carson is a retired neurosurgeon and fierce opponent of ObamaCare. Carly Fiorina is a former CEO of Hewlett-Packard and a harsh critic of Democrat Hillary Clinton.

The relevant portion of the transcript from ABC’s World News Tonight with David Muir on May 4 is transcribed below.

ABC’s World News Tonight with David Muir
May 4, 2015
6:41 p.m. Eastern

[ON-SCREEN HEADLINE CAPTION: In the Race]

DAVID MUIR: And now to the new faces joining the race for 2016, starting with former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina. Vying for the Republican nomination, she’s never held elected office and came out swinging at Hillary Clinton.

CARLY FIORINA [in campaign video]: She doesn't have a track record of leadership or trustworthiness. She's not the woman for the White House.

MUIR: Another Republican contender making it official now, Ben Carson. The first African-American candidate for 2016. A well-known neurosurgeon, he has been critical of President Obama's health care reform.

AD FEEDBACK
The news brief from May 4's NBC Nightly News is transcribed below.

NBC Nightly News
May 4, 2015
7:09 p.m. Eastern

[ON-SCREEN HEADLINE CAPTION: In the Running]

LESTER HOLT: The Republican side of the race for president got more crowded today with two more candidates jumping in. Carly Fiorina, the former CEO of Hewlett-Packard, who ran a race for Senate in California in 2010, became the first official female GOP candidate for 2016 today and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson also announced that he is joining the Republican field.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/curtis-houck/2015/05/04/networks-downplay-2016-presidential-announcements-republicans-ben#sthash.0IrysB1g.dpuf

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #252 on: May 05, 2015, 12:11:35 PM »
To be fair, what's there to say about Carly Fiorina's announcement? "In other news, Carly Fiorina, who was fired from HP and has been consistently ranked among the top 10 worst tech CEOs ever, has decided she will run for the Republican nomination. This isn't Mrs. Fiorina's first foray into politics, having previously failed in her bid to replace Senator Barbara Boxer."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: May 05, 2015, 12:49:56 PM »
To be fair, what's there to say about Carly Fiorina's announcement? "In other news, Carly Fiorina, who was fired from HP and has been consistently ranked among the top 10 worst tech CEOs ever, has decided she will run for the Republican nomination. This isn't Mrs. Fiorina's first foray into politics, having previously failed in her bid to replace Senator Barbara Boxer."

I guess if we're talking about fairness, then maybe they give a somewhat equal amount of coverage? 

We could make similar comments about what a lousy job Hillary did as Secretary of State, but she got substantially more coverage.  It's a pattern. 

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: May 05, 2015, 12:59:38 PM »
I guess if we're talking about fairness, then maybe they give a somewhat equal amount of coverage?

Why should the media be fair?

We could make similar comments about what a lousy job Hillary did as Secretary of State, but she got substantially more coverage.  It's a pattern. 

Yes, such comments could be made. And they have, actually, been made. You make it sound as if every media outlet is treating Hillary's pursuit of the nomination as a fairy-tale.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: May 05, 2015, 01:03:19 PM »
Why should the media be fair?

Yes, such comments could be made. And they have, actually, been made. You make it sound as if every media outlet is treating Hillary's pursuit of the nomination as a fairy-tale.

You mentioned fairness.  I was just providing the other side of the coin.

I'm making it sound like exactly what is happening.  She has been skating and will likely continue to do so until the election.  The media's liberal bias is really obvious.  A plethora of examples.  It's sort of like the 12th man on the field for Democrats. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #256 on: May 05, 2015, 01:57:09 PM »
lol the same people on here brag that fox news gets the highest ratings and nobody watches cnn or msnbc and everyone listens to repub radio and no one listens to left wing radio.but in the end they seem to influence the people to vote for a democratic president. sounds like your no better than the left for blaming bush for everything  :D

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: May 05, 2015, 02:23:16 PM »
You mentioned fairness.  I was just providing the other side of the coin.

I used the figure of speech "to be fair" not to suggest that we be fair, but in a more colloquial sense. And forgive me, but the other side of the Hillary Clinton coin isn't Carly Fiorina.

I'm making it sound like exactly what is happening.  She has been skating and will likely continue to do so until the election.  The media's liberal bias is really obvious.  A plethora of examples.  It's sort of like the 12th man on the field for Democrats.

Remind me, what is the problem with the media having a bias?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: May 05, 2015, 02:34:03 PM »
I used the figure of speech "to be fair" not to suggest that we be fair, but in a more colloquial sense. And forgive me, but the other side of the Hillary Clinton coin isn't Carly Fiorina.

Remind me, what is the problem with the media having a bias?

The other side of the coin is showing how a deeply flawed candidate received substantially more air time when she made her presidential announcement.

Media bias impacts what people think and ultimately how they choose to vote, especially those who don't follow politics closely, which unfortunately is a sizable part of the voting public.  Those biased stories, reports, emphasis, lack of emphasis, etc. allows, for example, good people like Romney to be portrayed as a tax cheat.  I talked to more than one voter who refused to vote for him because of those tax stories.  Democrat candidates do not get the same scrutiny.  Remember Christi's bridgegate scandal?  Wall-to-wall coverage.  That creates an uneven playing field for GOP candidates. 

Happens all the time.  Numerous stories in this thread that show just how pervasive it is.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #259 on: May 05, 2015, 02:41:24 PM »
or maybe the repubs just run shitty presidential candidates ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: May 05, 2015, 02:44:44 PM »
or maybe the repubs just run shitty presidential candidates ;D

Both parties do, but that really has nothing to do with how the MSM covers them.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #261 on: May 05, 2015, 02:51:12 PM »
Both parties do, but that really has nothing to do with how the MSM covers them.

so the number one in news fox sides with the dems too ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: May 05, 2015, 03:03:48 PM »
so the number one in news fox sides with the dems too ;D

Nah.  They just try and level the playing field a bit. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #263 on: May 05, 2015, 06:17:05 PM »
Huckabee on the kelly file,talk about playing softball :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #264 on: May 05, 2015, 06:33:22 PM »
Nets Hype GOP Vaccine Comments, Ignored Similar Obama & Hillary Remarks in 2008
By Kyle Drennen | February 3, 2015

Here you can see a 2008 NBC article which shits all over the claim networks "ignored" obama saying it in 2008.
http://www.today.com/news/president-obama-measles-you-should-get-your-kids-vaccinated-2D80467430

ANd look, 2008 NY Daily talking about hilary's positions. 
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/obama-hillary-questioned-vaccines-2008-elections-article-1.2102004

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: May 05, 2015, 06:37:06 PM »
Here you can see a 2008 NBC article which shits all over the claim networks "ignored" obama saying it in 2008.
http://www.today.com/news/president-obama-measles-you-should-get-your-kids-vaccinated-2D80467430

ANd look, 2008 NY Daily talking about hilary's positions. 
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/obama-hillary-questioned-vaccines-2008-elections-article-1.2102004

The board's biggest liberal here to provide cover for liberals.  It's a full-time job. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: May 05, 2015, 06:38:40 PM »

lol @ resorting to personal attacks when I facefvck your argument.  Ah, getbig gets fun on political board as elections arrive!

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #267 on: May 05, 2015, 06:52:36 PM »
lol @ resorting to personal attacks when I facefvck your argument.  Ah, getbig gets fun on political board as elections arrive!

it all bush's fault i mean the msm fault :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: May 05, 2015, 07:30:38 PM »

What I'm trying to say is that every time something unflattering or negative is said about a liberal, you pipe in to try and deflect attention away from liberals.  The DNC should put you on their payroll. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #269 on: May 06, 2015, 01:49:34 PM »
Nah.  They just try and level the playing field a bit. 

LOL 

I'll bet you actually believe that horse shit

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: May 14, 2015, 10:23:07 AM »
And this dude was a presidential debate moderator?  Good grief. 

Clinton Foundation without disclosing it, apologizes
Published May 14, 2015
FoxNews.com

ABC News chief anchor George Stephanopoulos never disclosed to his network -- or viewers -- $50,000 in contributions he made to the Clinton Foundation in recent years, even as he waded into covering Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign and foundation controversies.

Stephanopoulos apologized Thursday, Fox News has learned, and said he should have revealed the contributions.

The anchor is a former Bill Clinton spokesman and aide, and his ties to the former first family are well-known. However, as first reported by Politico, he made a $25,000 donation to the foundation in 2013 and 2014 -- and while the donations can be found in the organization's records, Stephanopoulos did not disclose them to viewers as he covered the Clintons.

Even when he interviewed the author of "Clinton Cash" -- the high-profile book examining potential conflicts of interest behind Clinton Foundation funding -- on ABC's "This Week," Stephanopoulos did not disclose his own contributions.

Stephanopoulos said in a statement on Thursday: "I made charitable donations to the Foundation in support of the work they're doing on global AIDS prevention and deforestation, causes I care about deeply. I thought that my contributions were a matter of public record. However, in hindsight, I should have taken the extra step of personally disclosing my donations to my employer and to the viewers on air during the recent news stories about the Foundation. I apologize."

The Washington Free Beacon said Thursday that Stephanopoulos confirmed the donations to Politico only after the Free Beacon asked ABC News for comment.

Meanwhile, ABC News said they stand behind their star anchor.

A statement from the network said: "As George has said, he made charitable donations to the Foundation to support a cause he cares about deeply and believed his contributions were a matter of public record. He should have taken the extra step to notify us and our viewers during the recent news reports about the Foundation. He's admitted to an honest mistake and apologized for that omission. We stand behind him."

As of noon ET on Thursday, however, the ABC News website included no acknowledgement of the apology or the network's statement on the ethics issue.

Rich Noyes, research director for the conservative Media Research Center, said the contributions also weren't discussed when Stephanopoulos interviewed former President Bill Clinton in recent years -- but at least should have been disclosed when he interviewed "Clinton Cash" author Peter Schweizer.

"It's especially egregious that he did not talk about this [then] ... That was the time he needed to come clean," he said.   

In that interview, the host of "This Week" posed tough questions to Schweizer, pressing him on whether he really had any "smoking gun" showing wrongdoing by the Clintons in their dealings with foundation donors and in Hillary Clinton's actions as secretary of state.

Noyes said such tough questions would be expected, but viewers might see them differently had the host disclosed his donations. Noyes said he hopes ABC News addresses the issue on air.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/05/14/abcs-stephanopoulos-gave-50g-to-clinton-foundation-without-disclosing-it/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: May 14, 2015, 03:40:27 PM »
And this dude was a presidential debate moderator?  Good grief. 

donations are tricky like that, when it comes to presidential candidates.

some would argue that Bill-O donated to an idiot Dem candidate because he wanted to undermine the other dems in the race.

O'Reilly gave $25K to Al Sharpton's charity
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/08/oreilly-gave-k-to-al-sharptons-charity-170663.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: May 14, 2015, 04:06:10 PM »
donations are tricky like that, when it comes to presidential candidates.

some would argue that Bill-O donated to an idiot Dem candidate because he wanted to undermine the other dems in the race.

O'Reilly gave $25K to Al Sharpton's charity
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/08/oreilly-gave-k-to-al-sharptons-charity-170663.html

The board's biggest liberal here to provide cover for liberals.  It's a full-time job. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: May 29, 2015, 11:13:02 AM »
Gotta push the narrative.  Two Hispanic guys, a black guy, and a female don't fit the narrative.

New Yorker June 1 Cover Shows Excludes Black, Female GOP Candidates
By Tom Blumer | May 28, 2015

Old stereotypes die hard — especially the ones which have long been false.

The June 1 cover of The New Yorker Magazine depicts the Republican Party's current crop of declared and undeclared 2016 presidential candidates as pretty much a white-boys affair (only Rubio looks a little ethnic), showing seven of them in different locker-room postures, with Hillary Clinton peeping in through a window. How is this possible, you ask? Where are Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina? Obviously, presenting a segregated, chauvinistic image of the GOP is more important than dealing with reality (HT Patterico):

NewYorkerMagGOPcover0601 15

As Dana at Patterico's place noted, Carson and Fiorina are declared candidates, while "Chris Christie and Jeb Bush have not even officially announced."

The narrative explaining the cover drawing is also predictable (two paragraph breaks added by me; bolds are mine):

How many Republicans are running for President? It’s a trick question. (No it's not. — Ed.) Some of those who are clearly running—Jeb Bush, for example—are still pretending that they aren’t, mostly because declaring would change the fund-raising rules. And if you counted everyone who, against all evidence, takes himself (or herself) seriously as a candidate, the locker room depicted in Mark Ulriksen’s “Suiting Up,” this week’s cover, would look as crowded as the departures hall at Penn Station, and almost as disconcerting. (If Penn Station is "disconcerting," that sounds like a problem far-left Mayro De Blasio should be, but isn't handling. — Ed.)

As it is, Ulriksen presents seven contenders with seven varieties of preening. Maybe it’s hard to tell a vision for America from a delusion of grandeur, at least until the debates and primaries get under way. Until then, Marco Rubio’s got his phone, Rand Paul his comb, and Huckabee his Bible. Ted Cruz’s eyes flit between his copy of the Constitution and his mirror, while Scott Walker seems on the lookout for unionized gym attendants. Bush is wearing his dynasty-logo boxers and Chris Christie his put-me-in-now pout.

And yet, somehow, one of these seven men is almost certainly right about his chances for the nomination. The primary campaign may look like a pickup game about to descend into a brawl, but there’s a national candidate somewhere in the lineup.

Behind these Republicans, there is a face in the locker-room door’s window: Hillary Clinton, peeking in. Once they’re done with their intramural shoving match, they’ll mostly likely have to play against her. Some other Democratic candidates might emerge, ones tougher to beat than Bernie Sanders, but at the moment Clinton doesn’t really have to share. She may be the real subject of the picture—she is the big game.

Never mind utter unimportance of their perceived chances over seven months before the first meaningful primary contest — but if one insists on knowing, Ben Carson is currently polling in fifth place and Fiorina is in 13th. Carson's polling would justify his inclusion over Christie, while Fiorina's feistiness with media hacks like Andrea Mitchell merit her inclusion.

In fact Fiorina should be at the window, telling Hillary to get her jollies some other way or she'll call the cops — who might then come into Mrs. Clinton's home and retrieve her server for forensic analysis.

Oh, and if readers want to see what a virtually all-white club looks like, they can always go to this historical roster of New Yorker cartoonists. As best I can tell, the compilation identifies one African-American in its many hundreds of listings — and that gentleman last worked there in 1942.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2015/05/28/new-yorker-june-1-cover-presents-whites-only-2016-gop-presidential

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: June 05, 2015, 12:43:36 PM »
Seriously? 

NYT's Big Scoop: Rubio Has 4 Minor Traffic Violations in 18 Years

Image: NYT's Big Scoop: Rubio Has 4 Minor Traffic Violations in 18 Years  Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., and his wife, Jeanette. (Joe Readle/Getty Images) 
Friday, 05 Jun 2015
By Sandy Fitzgerald

The New York Times is being ridiculed by pundits and the Twitter-verse alike for publishing a lengthy story Friday detailing how Sen. Marco Rubio was cited four times in 18 years for minor traffic violations, while his wife received 13, as a conservative site reveals the paper's information may have come from a liberal research firm.

"This NYT story may have been meant to be light-hearted, but that’s not really an excuse for it," The National Review's Ramesh Ponnuru said. "Troubles behind the wheel? The man has gotten four traffic citations in 18 years, based on the Times' exhaustive reporting."

The story, a detailed examination of the Rubios' past as revealed in the Miami-Dade and Duval County court records, dating back to 1997, show the couple has a combined 17 citations, reports the Times. But, Rubio, who is a top hopeful for the 2016 GOP nomination, only had four citations during those 18 years.

On Friday, just after the Times' "scoop" came out, The Washington Free Beacon reported the information for it was obtained by the liberal firm American Bridge, and not the reporters, Alan Rappeport and Steve Eder, whose bylines were on the article, or an additional researcher, Kitty Bennett.

Instead, the Miami-Dade County court records were pulled in person by American Bridge representatives on May 26, photos of the docket entries on the county's website and reported by The Free Beacon show.

The Times reporters did not reply to The Free Beacon for comment on the information from the county's dockets about Rubio or his wife, Jeanette Dousdebes.

"Senator Rubio's license has always been in good standing," his attorney, Alex Hanna, said in a statement provided by the Rubio campaign to the Times. "This matter was resolved by the court system and at no point was the license suspended by the D.M.V."

Twitter revved up quickly to ridicule the story as well, and a new hashtag, #RubioCrimeSpree, is gaining traction:

"13 tickets were wife's though. Why do you hate women?" asked a tweet from Instapundit.com.

Jeff Dunetz tweeted: "BREAKING SCANDAL FROM NY TIMES: In Kindergarten Marco Rubio Stole a green crayon from a kid named Tommy."

From Emily Zanotti, who posted several examples of Rubio's "crimes": ‏ "Once put the toilet paper roll on backwards so the paper came off under the roll."

"Sure, my wife & I drive a lot & get tickets. Now if I'd a chauffeured limo for 30 years like the Clintons," wrote David Jack Smith.

And a tweet identified as coming from Tennessee state Sen. Frank Niceley read: "The same media so breathlessly taken aback by taking a swig of water on TV. Does he #hydrate while driving?"

The Times report notes that the Rubios received tickets for violations that include speeding, driving through red lights, and careless driving. Rubio in 1997 was charged with careless driving by a Florida Highway Patrol officer and took voluntary driving classes.

He returned to traffic school in 2009 after he was pulled over for speeding in Duval County, and in 2011 was alerted that his license was facing suspension when a traffic camera caught him running a red light. Hanna paid a $16 fee to delay the suspension, and that case was dismissed.

His last violation, in 2012, was a ticket for failing to obey a stop sign that was dismissed.

Dousdebes faced suspension three times for speeding and careless operations charges, and sat in traffic school several times. She was charged with lacking insurance documentations once.

After Rubio was elected to the Senate in 2010, the couple started handling their tickets differently, hiring Hanna, a Miami lawyer to handle traffic violations. Hanna has helped get the senator's last two citations dismissed and seven of his wife's last eight cleared.

His wife, a former Miami Dolphins cheerleader, was also involved in a fender bender this year after sideswiping a Porsche while driving Rubio's Ford F-150 truck to a donor event in Miami Beach. The Miami Herald reports the police did not make a report, calling the incident "minor."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rubio-wife-traffic-citations/2015/06/05/id/648983/#ixzz3cDbPuFQm