Author Topic: Liberal Media Bias  (Read 168052 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Liberal Media Bias
« Reply #450 on: February 06, 2018, 05:33:12 PM »
Networks Censored 75 Percent of Dow Record Highs Since Start of 2017
By Julia A. Seymour | February 6, 2018

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/julia-seymour/2018/02/06/networks-censored-75-percent-dow-record-highs-start-2017

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #451 on: February 27, 2018, 10:00:46 PM »
Why Is CNN’s Approval Rating For Trump 15 Points Lower Than Rasmussen’s?
ROBERT DONACHIE
Capitol Hill and Health Care Reporter
02/26/2018

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/26/cnn-skewing-polling-data/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #452 on: March 08, 2018, 07:25:36 PM »
TV vs. Trump in 2018: Lots of Russia, and 91% Negative Coverage (Again!)
By Rich Noyes | March 6, 2018
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2018/03/06/tv-vs-trump-2018-lots-russia-and-91-negative-coverage

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #453 on: March 26, 2018, 12:24:08 PM »
The Liberal Media’s Brazen Double-Standard on Sex Scandals
By Rich Noyes | March 26, 2018
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2018/03/26/liberal-medias-brazen-double-standard-sex-scandals

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #454 on: May 31, 2018, 11:21:06 AM »
WATCH: New York Times Columnist Declares 'You Must Vote Democrat In 2020'
"... the man sitting in the Oval Office today is the greatest threat to our democracy ..."
ByJACOB AIREY
May 30, 2018

Throwing off all pretense of objectivity, New York Times columnist Tom Friedman appeared on Tuesday's edition of "Morning Joe" where he practically begged the MSNBC audience to pull the lever for Democrats during the 2018 midterm elections and, presumably, the 2020 presidential election. The reason for voting straight Democrat, he explained: stopping Donald Trump, "the greatest threat to our democracy."

"Look, these midterms are soon to be upon us and I only have one piece of advice for people," Friedman said. "You have to vote for a Democrat."

He tried to offer his capitalism credits before diving back into his desperate plea for voting straight ticket Democrat Party.

"I have a lot of very conservative leanings on a lot of issues," he claimed. "I'm for free trade. I'm a pro-globalization, pro-business but the fact is, John, the worst Democrat running for Congress or the Senate today is better than the best Republican because the best Republicans except those who are tragically dying or retiring simply will not stand up to this man."

He got an "amen" from "Morning Joe" co-host Mika Brzezinski who said, "Right," as he gave his diatribe.

Friedman continued: "And if you see the norms that he is violating. The way he is trashing some of our most cherished institutions. Things like the FBI, the Justice Department. The spreading of conspiracy theories from the bully pulpit of the White House that is a threat to the very fabric of our society and the very fabric of our democracy."

Of course, Friedman did not criticize MSNBC or anyone in the media for peddling the Russia-collusion conspiracy theory targeting President Trump.

Friedman then went on to downplay hot button issues as distractions from the Trump Administration.

"So I'm approaching this election coming up unlike any other election. I care about these issues but for me it's not about gun control, it's not about abortion, it's not about high taxes and low taxes," he said. "It's about whether you can get a lever of power that can restrain this man for the next two years because the man sitting in the Oval Office today is the greatest threat to our democracy, and I will just add one other thing which people need to remember."

He declared that there will be a crisis in the United States, which we will of course only be saved from if the viewers do not vote Republican.

Friedman opined, "We have not had a crisis yet. We've not had a real crisis except the crises Donald Trump has created. Wait till we have a real crisis and you have a president who cannot be believed sitting in the Oval Office. Then you will really see the true impact of all of this line all of this undermining of institutions."

You can watch the interview below:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/31222/watch-new-york-times-columnist-declares-you-must-jacob-airey

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #455 on: July 10, 2018, 01:09:37 PM »
MSNBC Kavanaugh Coverage: 27 Guests, ZERO Conservatives
By Richard Howell | July 10, 2018

On Monday night, MSNBC prime-time shows spent the vast majority of their time discussing President Trump’s pick for the Supreme Court. Of the 27 guests which appeared over the four-hour block from 8:00 p.m. to midnight ET, not a single conservative was given time to speak about the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh.

Among the guests were progressive activists brought on to discuss the significance of the nomination. Nancy Northup, president of the Center for Reproductive Rights, Cecile Richards, former CEO of Planned Parenthood, and Neera Tanden, president of the Center for American Progress, all got screen time.

Each expressed deep concern about Kavanaugh, and Northup in particular argued that “this nomination really is a threat to all of our rights.” Conservative activists, such as representatives from the Heritage Foundation or Federalist Society who helped pick Kavanaugh and could offer a more positive evaluation, were conspicuously absent.

Moreover, three elected officials were interviewed: Democratic Senator Richard Blumenthal from Connecticut, Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, and, appearing across two different shows, Democratic Senator and likely presidential candidate Cory Booker from New Jersey.

Booker described himself as “sort of stunned at the way this has all played out,” and would later appear along with Warren at a protest against Kavanaugh on the steps of the Supreme Court. Not a single Republican lawmaker appeared during the four different segments.

Rounding out the cast of progressive speakers were a slate of former Democratic staffers and journalists. Former Democrat aides Adam Jentleson (for Harry Reid) and Ron Klain (for Barack Obama) were present. Jonathan Alter from the Daily Beast, Dahlia Lithwick from Slate, and Jess McIntosh from progressive Shareblue Media likewise spoke. And while there were also a number of journalists from center-Left publications, such as David Maraniss from The Washington Post, there was not a single writer from a conservative publication.

For those watching MSNBC on Monday night, instead of the news viewers saw a carefully curated exhibition of the Left and their criticisms of an otherwise qualified nominee.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/richard-howell/2018/07/10/msnbc-kavanaugh-coverage-27-guests-zero-conservatives

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #456 on: July 13, 2018, 04:45:06 AM »
Washington Post slammed for ‘pathetic’ report that Kavanaugh used credit card on baseball tickets

The Washington Post is being mocked for a “pathetic” report that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh racked up credit card debt on Washington Nationals baseball tickets -- even though he paid off the bill.

The Associated Press ran a similar story that focused on Kavanaugh not being particularly wealthy and mentioned the baseball tickets without painting it as a national scandal. The Post, on the other hand, homed in on Kavanaugh incurring “tens of thousands of dollars of credit card debt buying baseball tickets over the past decade” and waited until the fourth paragraph to mention that he paid the bill.

Post investigative reporter Amy Brittain’s piece was headlined, “Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh piled up credit card debt by purchasing Nationals tickets, White House says.” The report vilifies the common practice of one individual laying out the funds needed to secure baseball tickets for a group of friends who want to be seated next to each other.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/33b66fd7-e2e6-39aa-a594-55641b34906e/ss_washington-post-slammed-for.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #457 on: July 13, 2018, 12:05:23 PM »
Washington Post slammed for ‘pathetic’ report that Kavanaugh used credit card on baseball tickets

The Washington Post is being mocked for a “pathetic” report that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh racked up credit card debt on Washington Nationals baseball tickets -- even though he paid off the bill.

The Associated Press ran a similar story that focused on Kavanaugh not being particularly wealthy and mentioned the baseball tickets without painting it as a national scandal. The Post, on the other hand, homed in on Kavanaugh incurring “tens of thousands of dollars of credit card debt buying baseball tickets over the past decade” and waited until the fourth paragraph to mention that he paid the bill.

Post investigative reporter Amy Brittain’s piece was headlined, “Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh piled up credit card debt by purchasing Nationals tickets, White House says.” The report vilifies the common practice of one individual laying out the funds needed to secure baseball tickets for a group of friends who want to be seated next to each other.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/33b66fd7-e2e6-39aa-a594-55641b34906e/ss_washington-post-slammed-for.html

Reason no. 999 why I hate the media.  This kind of crap keeps good people out of public service. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #458 on: August 24, 2018, 11:14:36 AM »
FNC’s Baier Stunned Media Didn’t Correct False Cohen ‘Bombshell’
By Kyle Drennen | August 24, 2018
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2018/08/24/fncs-baier-stunned-media-didnt-correct-false-cohen-bombshell

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #459 on: August 24, 2018, 11:58:48 AM »

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #460 on: August 24, 2018, 05:54:50 PM »
FNC’s Baier Stunned Media Didn’t Correct False Cohen ‘Bombshell’
By Kyle Drennen | August 24, 2018
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2018/08/24/fncs-baier-stunned-media-didnt-correct-false-cohen-bombshell
This kind of stuff cracks me up, people like Straw, Prime, andre…….all get so excited when these stories break, then when they're proven false, these guys go completely silent.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #461 on: August 24, 2018, 06:22:20 PM »
This kind of stuff cracks me up, people like Straw, Prime, andre…….all get so excited when these stories break, then when they're proven false, these guys go completely silent.

Yep.  Crickets.  But that's what hacks do.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #462 on: September 14, 2018, 07:26:56 PM »
New York Times admits creating 'unfair impression' about Nikki Haley's $53G curtains that were OK'd by Obama administration
Brian Flood By Brian Flood   | Fox News

The Times issues correction for implying that U.N. Amb. Nikki Haley spent over $52,000 on curtains; reaction and analysis on 'The Five.'

The New York Times has added an editor’s note and changed the headline on a story that was widely criticized for reporting U.N. ambassador Nikki Haley has extravagant curtains in her official residence costing nearly $53,000, because the purchase was actually approved in 2016, under the Obama administration.

“An earlier version of this article and headline created an unfair impression about who was responsible for the purchase in question. While Nikki R. Haley is the current ambassador to the United Nations, the decision on leasing the ambassador’s residence and purchasing the curtains was made during the Obama administration, according to current and former officials,” the editor’s note states.

"The decision on leasing the ambassador’s residence and purchasing the curtains was made during the Obama administration."

- New York Times
“The article should not have focused on Ms. Haley, nor should a picture of her have been used. The article and headline have now been edited to reflect those concerns, and the picture has been removed.”

The New York Times initially reported this week that $52,701 was spent last year on buying customized and mechanized curtains for the picture windows in Haley’s New York City residence, for which rent is $58,000 a month. The paper didn't mention until the sixth paragraph that Haley's spokesman said the Trump administration had no input in the purchase decision.

Haley’s office declined Fox News’ request for comment.

The first version of the story was mocked across social media for appearing to place the blame on Haley. Earlier in the day, Donald Trump Jr. mocked the paper for the mistake, tweeting “It was Obama’s State Dept. Will you print a correction or just leave it as is because you want it to be true???”

Washington Post reporter Josh Dawsey said the Times change is “pretty significant,” while HuffPost’s Yashar Ali called the original story “irresponsible.”

The news-making curtains themselves reportedly cost nearly $30,000, but the hardware needed to operate them cost an additional $22,801. The curtains were installed last year.

Patrick Kennedy, the top management official at the State Department during the Obama administration, defended the spending, saying the curtains will be used by future officials and cited security and entertainment purposes.

“All she’s got is a part-time maid, and the ability to open and close the curtains quickly is important,” Kennedy told the newspaper.

The State Department, under former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, had frozen hiring, reduced diplomatic staff and proposed cutting the department’s budget by 31 percent.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/09/14/new-york-times-admits-creating-unfair-impression-about-nikki-haleys-53g-curtains-that-were-okd-by-obama-administration.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #463 on: September 28, 2018, 09:09:36 AM »
WHY WE HATE THE MEDIA, KAVANAUGH EDITION
POSTED ON SEPTEMBER 20, 2018 BY STEVEN HAYWARD

It is hard to single out the most egregious media treatment of the sexual assault allegations against Brett Kavanaugh because the field is so large and the competition so intense. But The Guardian at least deserves to make the Finals with its story today entitled “‘No accident’ Brett Kavanaugh’s female law clerks ‘looked like models’, Yale professor told students.”

It is a transparent attempt to paint Kavanaugh as a sexist pig, but the story depends on besmirching the reputation of two eminent Yale Law Professors, Amy Chua and Jed Rubinfeld. Just watch how this story unfolds:

A top professor at Yale Law School who strongly endorsed supreme court nominee Brett Kavanaugh as a “mentor to women” privately told a group of law students last year that it was “not an accident” that Kavanaugh’s female law clerks all “looked like models” and would provide advice to students about their physical appearance if they wanted to work for him, the Guardian has learned.

Amy Chua, a Yale professor who wrote a bestselling book on parenting called Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother, was known for instructing female law students who were preparing for interviews with Kavanaugh on ways they could dress to exude a “model-like” femininity to help them win a post in Kavanaugh’s chambers, according to sources.

Did they get this information from Prof. Chua herself? No—it comes from anonymous “sources.” How many sources? The story doesn’t say. Let’s keep going:

Yale provided Kavanaugh with many of the judge’s clerks over the years, and Chua played an outsized role in vetting the clerks who worked for him. But the process made some students deeply uncomfortable.

One source said that in at least one case, a law student was so put off by Chua’s advice about how she needed to look, and its implications, that she decided not to pursue a clerkship with Kavanaugh, a powerful member of the judiciary who had a formal role in vetting clerks who served in the US supreme court.

In one case, Jed Rubenfeld, also an influential professor at Yale and who is married to Chua, told a prospective clerk that Kavanaugh liked a certain “look”.

“He told me, ‘You should know that Judge Kavanaugh hires women with a certain look,’” one woman told the Guardian. “He did not say what the look was and I did not ask.”

Sources who spoke to the Guardian about their experiences with Chua and Rubenfeld would only speak under the condition of anonymity because they feared retribution and damage to their future careers.

Did The Guardian ask Prof. Chua to comment on these allegations? It is not until very far down in the story that you learn this:

Chua has cancelled her classes at Yale this semester and, according to her office, has been hospitalised and is not taking calls. Rubenfeld sent an email to the Yale Law School community that said his wife had been ill and in hospital and had a long period of recuperation ahead of her.

I was told by a good source last week that Chua’s illness is life-threatening. Gee—what classy journalism on The Guardian‘s part. But they were just getting warmed up. The Guardian story goes on to report that Chua’s husband, Prof. Rubenfeld, is currently under investigation himself by Yale on unspecified harassment charges, though this has nothing to do with the Kavanaugh matter—it is clearly just a smear:

The Guardian has learned that Rubenfeld is currently the subject of an internal investigation at Yale. The investigation is focused on Rubenfeld’s conduct, particularly with female law students. Students have also raised related concerns to Yale authorities about Chua’s powerful influence in the clerkships process. The investigation was initiated before Kavanaugh was nominated by Donald Trump to serve on the high court.

Rubenfeld said in a statement to the Guardian: “In June, Yale University informed me that it would conduct what it terms an ‘informal review’ of certain allegations, but that to preserve anonymity, I was not entitled to know any specifics. As a result, I do not know what I am alleged to have said or done. I was further advised that the allegations were not of the kind that would jeopardize my position as a long-tenured member of the faculty.

“For some years, I have contended with personal attacks and false allegations in reaction to my writing on difficult and controversial but important topics in the law. I have reason to suspect I am now facing more of the same. While I believe strongly that universities must conduct appropriate reviews of any allegations of misconduct, I am also deeply concerned about the intensifying challenges to the most basic values of due process and free, respectful academic expression and exchange at Yale and around the country.”

The Guardian leaves out a lot here. While Amy Chua is best known as the author of the famous book about “tiger moms,” her most recent book, Political Tribes: Group Instinct and the Fate of Nations, goes unmentioned in The Guardian article. This is relevant because it is clear from this book and other writings that Chua does not subscribe to leftist orthodoxy about identify politics. Plus, quite obviously she’s Asian, and as we know the Left now considers Asians to be “white” for their political purposes.

The Guardian article is a blatant piece of character assassination, and journalism so shoddy and biased that  it doesn’t even rise to the level of fake news. Their operating rule is simple: anyone who stands in the way of leftist power must be destroyed. Smear Kavanaugh. And smear anyone who might have anything good to say about him.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/09/why-we-hate-the-media-kavanaugh-edition.php

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #464 on: September 28, 2018, 12:07:58 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #465 on: October 09, 2018, 01:23:24 PM »
Study: Economic Boom Largely Ignored as TV's Trump Coverage Hits 92% Negative
By Rich Noyes | October 9, 2018

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2018/10/09/study-econ-boom-ignored-tv-trump-coverage-hits-92-percent-negative

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #466 on: October 09, 2018, 06:03:46 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #467 on: January 15, 2019, 01:43:01 PM »
Networks Trashed Trump With 90% Negative Spin in 2018, But Did It Matter? 
By Rich Noyes | January 15, 2019
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2019/01/15/networks-trashed-trump-90-negative-spin-2018-did-it-matter

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #468 on: January 15, 2019, 05:35:03 PM »
Hahaha!

CNN legal analyst Areva Martin accuses David Webb of ‘white privilege’ before learning he’s black

It was a rough day for author and CNN legal analyst Areva Martin on Tuesday.

Martin accused Sirius XM radio and Fox Nation host David Webb of “white privilege” during a segment on a radio program before he broke the news.

“Areva, I hate to break it to you, but you should’ve been better prepped. I’m black,” Webb said.

The embarrassing moment occurred during a discussion about experience being more important than race when determining whether or not someone is qualified for a particular job.

“I’ve chosen to cross different parts of the media world, done the work so that I’m qualified to be in each one. I never considered my color the issue, I considered my qualifications the issue,” Webb said.

“That’s a whole, another long conversation about white privilege, the things that you have the privilege of doing, that people of color don’t have the privilege of,” said Martin – who also hosts CBS’ “Face the Truth.”

A dumbfounded Webb asked, “How do I have the privilege of white privilege?”

Martin responded, “David, by virtue of being a white male you have white privilege.”

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cnn-legal-analyst-areva-martin-accuses-david-webb-of-white-privilege-before-learning-hes-black

https://www.mediaite.com/online/cnn-analyst-calls-out-radio-host-david-webb-on-air-for-white-privilege-webb-informs-her-hes-black/

For reference, a picture of the CNN/CBS doofus (to the left) and the "privileged white male" Mr Webb to the right:

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #469 on: January 15, 2019, 05:38:55 PM »
Hahaha!

CNN legal analyst Areva Martin accuses David Webb of ‘white privilege’ before learning he’s black

Martin accused Sirius XM radio and Fox Nation host David Webb of “white privilege” during a segment on a radio program before he broke the news.

“Areva, I hate to break it to you, but you should’ve been better prepped. I’m black,” Webb said.

The embarrassing moment occurred during a discussion about experience being more important than race when determining whether or not someone is qualified for a particular job.

“I’ve chosen to cross different parts of the media world, done the work so that I’m qualified to be in each one. I never considered my color the issue, I considered my qualifications the issue,” Webb said.

“That’s a whole, another long conversation about white privilege, the things that you have the privilege of doing, that people of color don’t have the privilege of,” said Martin – who also hosts CBS’ “Face the Truth.”

Martin responded, “David, by virtue of being a white male you have white privilege.”

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cnn-legal-analyst-areva-martin-accuses-david-webb-of-white-privilege-before-learning-hes-black

https://www.mediaite.com/online/cnn-analyst-calls-out-radio-host-david-webb-on-air-for-white-privilege-webb-informs-her-hes-black/

For reference, a picture of the CNN/CBS doofus (to the left) and the "privileged white male" Mr Webb to the right:

Classic! Shows how some people like to blame skin color for their races lack of success
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #470 on: January 15, 2019, 05:45:27 PM »
Hahaha!

Any nudes from earlier years ?

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #471 on: January 15, 2019, 09:11:28 PM »
Hahaha!

You can't make this stuff up.  Her agenda trumps reality. 

http://cdn7.loonastatic.com/img/user/gif/3/1/5/4/3154218249211830.mp4

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #472 on: January 16, 2019, 12:35:30 AM »
Any nudes from earlier years ?

Probably not he seems pretty conservative.  ;D

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #473 on: January 16, 2019, 06:29:39 PM »

Probably not he seems pretty conservative.  ;D

I heard from a guy in NYC that David Webb put himself through community college by giving handjobs under the Brooklyn Bridge for $15.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #474 on: January 18, 2019, 03:15:08 PM »
https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/sebastian-gorka-jim-acosta-get-shouting-match-front-press-room

“I was waiting inside the entrance of the Briefing Room for a private meeting with the president,” Gorka told The Daily Caller.

Acosta walked in then, according to Gorka, touched his arm and said “Why are you here? This place is for journalists only,” then walked away. He also noted that the incident occurred in front of fellow SALEM host Mike Gallagher and Sirius Patriot XM host David Webb — and explained that, although they had been in the same building on several occasions, he and Acosta had never officially met prior to this incident".

“Abilio ‘Jim’ Acosta, you are a d**kh**d,” Gorka yelled.