Author Topic: What is the correct/polite response....  (Read 21230 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: What is the correct/polite response....
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2011, 05:37:25 PM »
ButterBean, have you noticed that on our Girly Board it frequently occurs that we get all these men posting who have no concept of what it might be like to be a woman (nor do they appear to care to learn to...

If I went after someone on the street to relate to them my feelings about how they'd treated the last person they saw, they'd most likely punch my perfect teeth out.

...It's impossible to stick up for myself, let alone look out for anyone else.

xxxLinda

What it is like to be a woman??? Really? Are you suggesting all women are alike?

I've know a few women in my lifetime and at least the women I've known are individuals, each with their own unique personality. I think it degrades women or men to suggest either are homogeneous as defined by gender.

The truth is, no one really knows what it would be like to be someone else. We can imagine what it would be like, but imaginations are tricky and often wrong.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2011, 10:17:01 AM »

In order to keep this board as Ron intended, in the future the intention is that posts determined as intending to provoke others into a conflict will be fully deleted as opposed to edited.  In addition 3 deletions due to provocation will result in a monthly ban (just from this particular board).

R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2011, 11:27:19 AM »

I feel like i just read an excerpt from the tax code. 

Hey stella, next time take your itunes rage out on the people

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2011, 11:47:09 AM »

The truth is, no one really knows what it would be like to be someone else. We can imagine what it would be like, but imaginations are tricky and often wrong.

Truth is, women are capable of understanding and emoting and empathising far better than others, that's all.  

I am able to comprehend what it might be like to be someone else, I frequently walk a mile in their shoes.  This is not my imagination, simply my caring sensitive attitude.

xL

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2011, 02:39:51 PM »
^^^ lol

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2011, 04:47:51 PM »

In order to keep this board as Ron intended, in the future the intention is that posts determined as intending to provoke others into a conflict will be fully deleted as opposed to edited.  In addition 3 deletions due to provocation will result in a monthly ban (just from this particular board).

Starting........now
 :)

Perfect, that makes perfect logical sense, thank you ButterBean

(I don't remember anyone screaming sTeeeeellllllllllllllaaa aaaa on this board though.

so:
Are we able to report posts we determine as intending to provoke?  

Or shall I do the blueboxy thing with the posts requoting the ones which are utterly horrid?

>>>Oh do appoint Migs as an interim or "holiday period" mod?
He has a proper sense of manners, of how to treat others, plus he has a massive appreciation of boobs?

xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2011, 04:55:27 PM »
I think I can count maybe one of my posts as being deleted (the one about how mad I was about a yapping pig/rat/dogthing waking the entire neighbourhood up at 5 or 6am every morning, it's okay now, I'm lucky, it's gone).  THank you for deleting that, I was going to, I was in an awful mood, hadn't slept properly for months and felt like screaming on the www...

Will you post your delete count in order that we may know how close we're coming to making an incorrect or impolite 3rd response?  

I'll need to know if I'm up to two, particularly if that troll with 20 names who's barking about hacking my isp is being horrid on our Girly Board yet again.  Yawn...

take care all
Merry Everything and Happy Always
xLinda

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2011, 06:04:44 PM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=93039.0

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=93040.0

Follow the links, you constantly prove to me that you have the IQ of a flying squirrel on a crack binge.
Male posters like myself, Migs, Andy Griffin or whoever are allowed to post here. The link shows a list of people that Butterbean has approved to post here.

As I understand it, this board is not so much a female only board, but as the list alludes to (correct me if I'm mistaken) the list approves people that don't attack females because the attacker is a faceless internet warrior behind a computer screen.

The more I read your posts, I more I want to violate this rule!  >:( >:( >:(

As well, YOU have been BANNED from this board MULTIPLE times and have been warned more than banned. Get off your high horse.

Epic post!

(You will notice I use traditional Getbig use of the word "epic" to describe your post. A funny. A play on words. I'm clever like most GB'ers are ;D )

I'm rereading our epic thread to see whether it still reads coherently.  I've come across this.  Is this ^to me?

I have never been banned.  I was politely asked to stay away for two weeks for double-posting.  This was long before our overstimulated world became superoverstimulation.  I did the double-posting to keep up with the two-name trolls, but then realized that'll never work.

The other time I was told to refrain was when Arvilla was posting and modding as Laura Lee and I sussed that out after about a day.  I wasn't banned for that, Arvilla was and he's never posted on our Girly Board since and nor has Laura.

okay?

I'll quit quadruple posting now.
nite all
merry everything and happy always

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2011, 06:37:50 AM »

Perfect, that makes perfect logical sense, thank you ButterBean

(I don't remember anyone screaming sTeeeeellllllllllllllaaa aaaa on this board though.

so:
Are we able to report posts we determine as intending to provoke?  

Or shall I do the blueboxy thing with the posts requoting the ones which are utterly horrid?

>>>Oh do appoint Migs as an interim or "holiday period" mod?
He has a proper sense of manners, of how to treat others, plus he has a massive appreciation of boobs?

xL

When I bumped this I had already deleted some of your posts because they were provoking.  Since I couldn't be certain that you had read the warning, I was going to PM it to you but now I don't need to, thanks.

OK now that we know everyone has seen this, lets wipe the slate clean for everyone and start over.  It is Christmas time after all! 

And yes, we'll try to let anyone know their "count" but hopefully no one will have anything that needs to be counted or removed.

God bless us, everyone 8)
R

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2011, 08:30:49 AM »
I want to reach a billion post count.  Help me make it happen o' tiny butterbean

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2011, 08:38:06 AM »
maybe I'll open a troll account and begin again at zero.

Any suggestions for another name for me?  I've never ever had a nickname...

I do not answer or even look around on the street when someone whistles or honks their car horn, so don't go there.  I think I once registered here as blingthing, can't remember.  I haven't checked the email account I set up in order to sign on here, not in at least 5 years.  I remember that was niceblokesonly and I looked at 35 strange messages on the first day.  I've not looked at it since.

xxx
Linda
ho ho ho hello

ps:  only kidding, I'd never be able to keep up with different posting-on names, I find it difficult to keep up with my differing moods.  

And I was actually asking whether I've been deleted twice here yet (which I have),

so I'll be ever so very nice in future, because I'd hate to err a 3rd time.  

take care y'all.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2011, 09:06:00 AM »
I was going to PM it to you

God bless us, everyone

oh please please please don't ever pm me.  When it says 16 messages at the top, it doesn't first allow you to know who they're from and the whole pm thing is too scary to contemplate, let alone open.

Please just say it here.  I don't do email, do pm's very rarely, I don't do facebook or twitter.  I don't answer my front door unless I'm expecting someone nice.

ta BBabe
xL
merry you know what
and everything
and happy

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2011, 09:43:07 AM »
Step on their feet with yours!

If someone treads on my foot (I've never done so to anyone), I look down at my feet to check I'm okay.  

Then I look back up at the person who has just been horrid to me and I say "You're so lucky I'm not wearing my biker boots today, or I might have stomped on you"

I think that's funny, but they never laugh.

xL

I do wear biker or cowboy boots or steel-toe Timberlands, my DM's, or my wellies in the rain, so I'm mostly safe footwear-wise.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2011, 12:42:22 PM »
on the one hand linda makes this forum hard to take because it's small and she posts so much, on the other its interestign to come here and read her posts as a case study

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2011, 01:49:54 PM »

If someone treads on my foot

if Stella had a nickel for everytime she's said that...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2011, 05:27:13 PM »

oh please please please don't ever pm me.  When it says 16 messages at the top, it doesn't first allow you to know who they're from and the whole pm thing is too scary to contemplate, let alone open.

Please just say it here.  I don't do email, do pm's very rarely, I don't do facebook or twitter.  I don't answer my front door unless I'm expecting someone nice.

ta BBabe
xL
merry you know what
and everything
and happy

Seems like you've got some issues....agoraphobic, perhaps? ....or should I send this to you as a PM?  :D

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2011, 05:31:26 PM »
I don't do lifts, put it that way.  

I didn't mind elevators when I lived in America, but I'm not getting in one here, they don't work and yes I'm claustrophobic when it comes down to it.  Too many non-working parts and ugly germs

Take it out on the board here

madly
xxx
Linda

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2011, 05:42:45 PM »
I don't do lifts, put it that way.  

I didn't mind elevators when I lived in America, but I'm not getting in one here, they don't work and yes I'm claustrophobic when it comes down to it.  Too many non-working parts and ugly germs

Take it out on the board here

madly
xxx

Linda

Claustrophobia: abnormal dread of being in closed or narrow spaces

Agoraphobia: abnormal fear of being helpless in an embarrassing or unescapable situation that is characterized especially by the avoidance of open or public places

There are other phobias too, such as a fear of heights.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2011, 06:01:19 PM »

no, I don't do phobias much.  Recently i asked a friend to help me bend and fold and get into a bin bag all the polystyrene packing from a new washing machine.  I thought I couldn't handle it.  I thought I had an intense phobia of polystyrene.

But I did it all on my own after realizing that it isn't a good idea to have phobias.

Obviously I'll not be going bungee-jumping any day soon, or ever.  I did once work as the secretary, the only woman on the building site of what was then the tallest building in the world.  I went to the top on a crane before they put in the elevators.  There were helicopters flying past at the same eye level.  I adore heights.

madly
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2011, 06:03:51 PM »

Agoraphobia:
There are other phobias too.

I'm not aggroanything.  Or acronistic.
I don't mind spiders

xL

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2011, 08:38:20 PM »

I'm not aggroanything.  Or acronistic.
I don't mind spiders

xL

There is no such word as acronistic that I know of. What does it mean?

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2011, 01:33:53 PM »

go lift some weights - your time is far better spent doing that.  What hard to take?  Go elsewhere in that case please - like try the x board - I'm sure that's better suited to your iq.

posting on our Girly Board isn't a good idea for you - give it up now and go lift some weights or read a nice newspaper or watch TV.  Honest - you should'nt post - you appear to be too stupid to be true. 

Few are as ridiculous as you.  Most men have a grasp of civility whereas you have not.  You're half man half ape - either that or you are 16 or 17.

x
Small?  what small?  are you talking about yourself again?  We're fine - just grand.  Please don't be calling us small.

lol, thank you m'am, may I have another?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2011, 01:36:50 PM »
uh huh
oh yep hon.  Go google irony.

I was being deliberate and facetious...

Obviously to everyone else but you >>>the word I'd hoped you'd search for in your dicky was acrostic or perhaps an ancronym?

I was even hoping you'd look up the word which means phobia of spiders but you didn't.  

I was giving you such a big clue.

I doubt I'll ever again respond to another of your posts - you appear to be daft - so I'll not bother in future...  

That leaves maybe one person (Stella of course) left here who it's worthwhile to post to and chat with.  

Such a pity that your overstimulated left brain spoilt our nice Girly Board.

It's dire - there's noone out there who can even speak or write or read English anymore so no wonder I'm unable to any longer be polite or correct...

madly

if you'd googled - this would've been the first thing to come up
Did you mean: acrostic
Urban Dictionary: acronistic
... Acronymbecile · acronymcompoop · Acronymdicapped · acronymical · acronymically · acronyming · acronymious.
acronistic isn't defined yet. ...

Isn't it rather painful for you going through life with so much (almost) pent up anger and hostility? You do seem to have some issues with men too.

As for your word games....guess I didn't know all the rules (you made up). Noone is more accurately written as no one and acronym is not spelled ancronym, btw....just saying.  ;)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2011, 02:06:27 PM »
naa darling - I'm not pent up or hostile...

I'm just having a larf.

Do take care always and be as funny as you possibly can.
xL

I don't think I'll bother to again respond to your posts either.  

Which leaves me all alone on the Girly Board doesn't it?  
One or two women here and more than a few ugly-minded men?  Ugh.

Well, Linda if you are lonely here or just change your mind and decide to respond to my posts....even if only for a laugh, that's cool with me. I have no ill feelings towards you. How could I? I don't really know you. Just as you don't really know me.

Just so you know, I genuinely like women. I have many female friends. For the most part, I get the feeling that most women like me too. And, just for the record, I'm not talking about hook-ups or sex. I am married and faithful to my wife, who is also my very best friend in life. -Not to get all mushy.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2011, 07:22:31 AM »
uh huh
oh yep hon.  Go google irony.

I was being deliberate and facetious...

Obviously to everyone else but you >>>the word I'd hoped you'd search for in your dicky was acrostic or perhaps an ancronym?

I was even hoping you'd look up the word which means phobia of spiders but you didn't.  

I was giving you such a big clue.

I doubt I'll ever again respond to another of your posts - you appear to be daft - so I'll not bother in future...  

That leaves maybe one person (Stella of course) left here who it's worthwhile to post to and chat with.  

Such a pity that your overstimulated left brain spoilt our nice Girly Board.

It's dire - there's noone out there who can even speak or write or read English anymore so no wonder I'm unable to any longer be polite or correct...

madly

if you'd googled - this would've been the first thing to come up
Did you mean: acrostic
Urban Dictionary: acronistic
... Acronymbecile · acronymcompoop · Acronymdicapped · acronymical · acronymically · acronyming · acronymious.
acronistic isn't defined yet. ...

After I realized you meant dictionary I though all was well  :D but then the post became provoking and had to delete.....one :(
R