Author Topic: How do you feel about Tim Tebow's Jesus pushing?  (Read 11978 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: How do you feel about Tim Tebow's Jesus pushing?
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2011, 09:39:13 PM »
I read an interview with him where he says that if he's in front of a microphone, he wants to tell the world about how much he loves Jesus. That Jesus is the most important thing in the world to him...I wonder if an athlete who did the same thing that Tebow is doing(telling the world about his love for Jesus) changed the word Jesus with his child's name or wives name, how would people take hearing about that every single time the guy spoke? I'm guessing even a lot of Christians would say WTF. Enough is enough.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2011, 09:47:33 PM »
Tim Tebow is awesome.  I doubt he is hated for his public displays of religion, but rather he is a huge fan favorite who is winning....the hate is coming from the numerous critics that are everywhere, who believe there is only one way to play QB in order to win.

Tim Tebow is hated by a lot of people because some people aren't that stupid. They can spot/smell a narcissus a mile away. Tebow has never shy'd away from all the Tim Tebow nutt hugging. In fact, people in his circle early on started a lot of it when he was in college. Tim Tebow has been caught using his own name in the third person. And we all know that's pretty fucked up.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2011, 09:51:46 PM »
AS, was the interview where he was basically called out by Jake Plummer?? If it was he using that analogy as a respose to Plummer. Its not like they put the microphone in front of his and that was the first that happen to come out. C'mon dude, seriously.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2011, 09:56:11 PM »
AS, was the interview where he was basically called out by Jake Plummer?? If it was he using that analogy as a respose to Plummer. Its not like they put the microphone in front of his and that was the first that happen to come out. C'mon dude, seriously.

Not the interview. Are you saying he doesn't talk about Jesus every time he's in front of a mic? Really, come on dude, seriously. And I'm the one making the analogy with the child or wife ;)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2011, 10:04:58 PM »
You mean like thanking God after a game? Ray Lewis mentions Jesus more than Tebow does, how come no one says anything about that. As does Aaron Curry and a most of the NFL. WTF, why demonize Tebow?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2011, 10:10:36 PM »
You mean like thanking God after a game? Ray Lewis mentions Jesus more than Tebow does, how come no one says anything about that. As does Aaron Curry and a most of the NFL. WTF, why demonize Tebow?

No praising God and his love of Jesus every time a mic is in his face. Doesn't matter where he is. I'm not even saying it bothers me. Because honestly it doesn't. I'm just wondering how people would feel if some athlete proclaimed his love for his wife/child or animal every time he had a chance to speak in front of a mic. And it never stopped for years at a time. Wouldn't that become some sort of distraction/weird.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2011, 10:13:30 PM »
In this world its kind of refreshing. Look around. We need this. Its positive. Too much damn negativity.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2011, 10:20:24 PM »
In this world its kind of refreshing. Look around. We need this. Its positive. Too much damn negativity.
Its not positive at all.  It is a giant display of ignorance about the universe and it champions stupidity to the highest degree.  Rather than try to learn and figure something out and understand the Universe around him, the message is "Jesus did it".

STUPID STUPID STUPID.  

Oh well, the type of people who follow football anyways are complete morons for the most part so its probably fitting.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2011, 10:36:22 PM »
Quite TA, you're speaking and that never goes well.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2011, 10:41:07 PM »
Why are people being mean to Wiggs?  ???
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2011, 10:45:47 PM »
Dunno, but it isn't right.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2011, 05:25:24 AM »
And how many examples of non-Christian oppression does history record LOL?  We can go back and forth on the historical accuracy and inaccuracy surrounding the actions of Christians and non-Christians alike, but the fact remains that neither I nor the vast majority of today's church supports the misguided actions of prior generations of Christians.  Nor do I support the tyranny of non-Christian entities throughout history that have destroyed the lives of countless numbers.  You've suggested that today's society is one of civility in which the advancement of one's agenda is accomplished through far less brutal tactics (ex: political channels).  Certainly we have pockets/sects/cults of misguided individuals today, but those bad apples don't speak for the majority.  Tell me this ND, which church group....which Christian sect is trying to forceably change your life?  The fact is none of them are forcing change in your life.  I'd wager that the only genuine contact with Christians you come across in you day to day occurs while flipping through cable channels and even then it last for seconds unless you choose to watch. You're just lashing out anonymously behind a computer screen because as you said you now can without any fear of reprisal....not very civil behavior (it's actually leans towards cowardice).  Now, let's be very clear, you wouldn't say one hostile word to me face to face...and that isn't some pompous tough guy line either.....you just wouldn't.  Conversation would be polite regardless of disagreement.  You wouldn't spew venom.....only with the security of net does your true self come out.  If I met you in person I would openly share my beliefs, but I wouldn't beat your over the head with a bible.  I wouldn't tell you what bad person you are or judge your life....I'd share with you the love of God and how it's changed my life.  You could then accept or deny it, but you wouldn't feel a need to attack.  If you have a legitimate gripe with a Christian or group of Christians that directly impacted your life share that with me, privately if you prefer.         

Tell me this ND, which church group....which Christian sect is trying to forceably change your life?  The fact is none of them are forcing change in your life.  I'd wager that the only genuine contact with Christians you come across in you day to day occurs while flipping through cable channels and even then it last for seconds unless you choose to watch.

Again I said they're not using force anymore , just policy. please pay attention. and it's not so much my life personally , it's the lives of everyone that doesn't buy into the Jesus myth. Again how are Christians trying to affect the lives of others? Abortion , Gay Marriage , teaching pseudoscience in schools , mandatory prayer in school , trying to censor movies , television , and the internet , I mean I can seriously go on and on with the ways Christians are trying to control what non-Christians do , that's the main problem I have with them , they're like vegetarians they just can't be happy with choice it must now be the choice of everyone else

And wrong again about the contact with Christians , I was baptized a ' born-again ' Christian , I come from a large family and they are all ' believers '. I've been to church many , many times , I still have the drawings I made in Sunday school of Isaac & Abraham , I've had many debates with my family about religion , you couldn't be any more wrong

Now, let's be very clear, you wouldn't say one hostile word to me face to face...and that isn't some pompous tough guy line either.....you just wouldn't.  Conversation would be polite regardless of disagreement.  You wouldn't spew venom.....only with the security of net does your true self come out.  If I met you in person I would openly share my beliefs, but I wouldn't beat your over the head with a bible.  I wouldn't tell you what bad person you are or judge your life....I'd share with you the love of God and how it's changed my life.

I treat people with respect and if we met I would treat you the way I would want to be treated but make no mistake I don't have a problem telling people that their beliefs are silly. I look forward to Christians knocking on my door. We have a guy at work a real enthusiastic believer in God , we chat from time-to-time about religion and he knows my position and I know his and that's where it ends , it doesn't stop me from being polite or cordial , I say good morning everyday to him and he returns the same.

My main gripe with Christians is they just can't be happy with their decision , it now has to be everyone pushed on everyone else , be happy with your God , leave the rest of us alone.  

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2011, 05:28:13 AM »
Its not positive at all.  It is a giant display of ignorance about the universe and it champions stupidity to the highest degree.  Rather than try to learn and figure something out and understand the Universe around him, the message is "Jesus did it".

STUPID STUPID STUPID.  

Oh well, the type of people who follow football anyways are complete morons for the most part so its probably fitting.

Great points.

Jesus is positive? follow me or you're gonna burn in hell for all eternity , that's positive? they actually teach this to children , that's neither moral or ethical.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2011, 09:17:13 AM »
Again I said they're not using force anymore , just policy. please pay attention. and it's not so much my life personally , it's the lives of everyone that doesn't buy into the Jesus myth. Again how are Christians trying to affect the lives of others? Abortion , Gay Marriage , teaching pseudoscience in schools , mandatory prayer in school , trying to censor movies , television , and the internet , I mean I can seriously go on and on with the ways Christians are trying to control what non-Christians do , that's the main problem I have with them , they're like vegetarians they just can't be happy with choice it must now be the choice of everyone else

And wrong again about the contact with Christians , I was baptized a ' born-again ' Christian , I come from a large family and they are all ' believers '. I've been to church many , many times , I still have the drawings I made in Sunday school of Isaac & Abraham , I've had many debates with my family about religion , you couldn't be any more wrong

I treat people with respect and if we met I would treat you the way I would want to be treated but make no mistake I don't have a problem telling people that their beliefs are silly. I look forward to Christians knocking on my door. We have a guy at work a real enthusiastic believer in God , we chat from time-to-time about religion and he knows my position and I know his and that's where it ends , it doesn't stop me from being polite or cordial , I say good morning everyday to him and he returns the same.

My main gripe with Christians is they just can't be happy with their decision , it now has to be everyone pushed on everyone else , be happy with your God , leave the rest of us alone.  

But you have no problem for lets say the gay community flamboyantly pushing their gay agenda on us? Gay pride parades, San Francisco saying it's ok for them to run around nude in the streets, etc, etc, etc and basically representing everything thats morally wrong!! But you have a problem with someone wanting to help someone or pray?? Sounds like your priorities are ass backwards.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2011, 09:25:49 AM »
But you have no problem for lets say the gay community flamboyantly pushing their gay agenda on us? Gay pride parades, San Francisco saying it's ok for them to run around nude in the streets, etc, etc, etc and basically representing everything thats morally wrong!! But you have a problem with someone wanting to help someone or pray?? Sounds like your priorities are ass backwards.

I personally have a problem with all organized communities who try to push their own agenda may they be Christians, Muslims, Gays, Feminists,....You're exactly the same as the others: you think you hold the truth. Who exactly are you to have this tremendous knowledge? To know what's morally wrong and what's not? From what you've disclosed of your personality, you certainly don't look like a high moral authority to me.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2011, 09:46:40 AM »
I personally have a problem with all organized communities who try to push their own agenda may they be Christians, Muslims, Gays, Feminists,....You're exactly the same as the others: you think you hold the truth. Who exactly are you to have this tremendous knowledge? To know what's morally wrong and what's not? From what you've disclosed of your personality, you certainly don't look like a high moral authority to me.

1. It's my personal belief and I don't push it on anyone. Saying I will pray for someone, praying or whatever is not pushing it on them.

2. Like I've a MILLION times before, my personality on here does not even come close to what I reflect in real life......this board is not real life. But there are people on here that I have met, emailed and talked to that can attest for that.

3. If you can't tell the difference between whats morally right or wrong then thats your problem.

4. Not concerned with what you think.

Salvatore Martinez

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2011, 09:49:09 AM »
Why are people being mean to Wiggs?  ???
because hes a fat black loser.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2011, 09:51:03 AM »
1. It's my personal belief and I don't push it on anyone. Saying I will pray for someone, praying or whatever is not pushing it on them.

2. Like I've a MILLION times before, my personality on here does not even come close to what I reflect in real life......this board is not real life. But there are people on here that I have met, emailed and talked to that can attest for that.

3. If you can't tell the difference between whats morally right or wrong then thats your problem.

4. Not concerned with what you think.

Why do you answer then? And as far as not pushing your beliefs, how come you also chime in on every single thread that involves "Christianity".
And believe me I have a sense (which differs from certainty) of what's right or wrong. Big difference with your judgemental ways.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2011, 09:54:06 AM »
Ah, politics and religion: is there any better way to find consensus on Getbig?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2011, 10:02:55 AM »
Ah, politics and religion: is there any better way to find consensus on Getbig?

It's funny. The site where I'm a mod on we have civil, intelligent conversations without name calling or other people trying to piss others just for the sake of pissing people off (or they would get booted) but I think I come back to this place just to dumb myself down :-\

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2011, 10:20:53 AM »
It's funny. The site where I'm a mod on we have civil, intelligent conversations without name calling or other people trying to piss others just for the sake of pissing people off (or they would get booted) but I think I come back to this place just to dumb myself down :-\

And as it's pretty obvious also, don't worry. I'll make fun of you but there's no hate.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2011, 02:44:46 PM »

This is what you're offering up as someone pushing something on you? one example? and where did I ever say I had no problem with men dancing around naked in the streets? I never said I was okay with that , that's you drawing your own conclusions. 

It sounds like you have your priorities ass backwards when you are so concerned with what other people do in their own homes.

You wanna believe in Jesus knock yourself out , leave the rest of us alone with your beliefs.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2011, 06:59:36 PM »

I fully grasp the current “Christian agenda” and believe that a healthy dose of tact is in order for the more outspoken Christians among us that poorly represent both Christ and other Christians.

Actually, I referenced your current day to day life, not your upbringing……but that’s fine. 

Salvation or being "born again" is not about a childhood act of baptism, it's about the choice to accept or deny Christ as risen Lord and Savior.  I have no doubt you were raised in a loving family of believers and you chose not to accept Christ.  Christ came to separate the wheat from the chaff, son from father, sibling from sibling; in essence, believer from nonbeliever.....he came to gather his flock.  Now, you're not the first atheist/agnostic/nonbeliever to tell me that they were raised in the church, have read the bible cover to cover, were baptized as a child, etc.... Although there’s nothing wrong with any of those things they’re merely supporting players in a larger scope.   The revelation of the Holy Spirit in an individual's life via the acceptance of Christ is the crux of the situation.   Without it you have no tangible proof and really no idea what you’re standing in opposition of - you’re basically arguing blindly (sorry to say that so bluntly). 

On the day of Pentecost the Holy Spirit descended on man and remains ever-present in the lives of believers sustaining and empowering them.  Christians are persistent in their cause because we’re called to action (it’s really that simple); although, at some point there may be no option but to shake the dirt from our feet and move on.   

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2011, 07:03:28 PM »
I wonder how many people flipped out after the Dallas game when the entire team huddled in prayer around the star at the 50 yard line?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2011, 02:09:17 PM »
I wonder how many people flipped out after the Dallas game when the entire team huddled in prayer around the star at the 50 yard line?

Thought it was awesome...loved it!