Author Topic: Just another reason why I hate "crossfit"  (Read 39886 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: Just another reason why I hate "crossfit"
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2011, 12:43:58 AM »
i have no cankles. don;t train my calves much anymore..but i am fat though ;)

why don't YOU post a pic. i am sure you are the next mr. o in the making

I don't make claims. And if I did, I would hope some people who actually lift would call me on it. Much like i'm doing now ;)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2011, 12:51:36 AM »
Listen People...We all think Big Ach is a cool mother fucker. And I'm one of them...But cool guys don't get a pass for being lying attention whores...Sorry

If pro bodybuilders on here can get called the fck out and run off, then even the 'good" guys need to be brought to the forefront. Big Ach had never even thought about curling 90-100 pound dbells. And if he has, then he is more of a douche then Groink. Shame on all you mofo's for thinking/saying 100 lbs dcurls for reps is no big deal. The world's strongest man who weight 300-380 pounds would have a hard time with it. Let alone "all natural" over the hill schmoes... Its shit like this that creates "moderators" like that Blaze dude on Mayhem with the 24 inch bicep implants. That guy is supposedly one cool mofo...but how fucking cool could he really be being under 5'9 200 pounds walking around with 24 inch arms. Come one man!!!

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2011, 02:00:10 AM »

Calling out someone for an obvious lie is attention whoring? You sir are a douche mallet. His video of 128 for silly reps show he can't touch 90 pound dbells. Shame on you for encouraging him. The fact that most people think hes cool doesn't/shouldn't give him a pass for lying. And your 20 inch calve handle is also ridiculous and you know it deep down...

i suppose i should have thought of better handle..yeah abdominal snoman is much better ;D
irongearco.com

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2011, 04:23:19 AM »

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2011, 10:36:42 AM »
lol. bro sorry but many people on here do 135 pound straight bar curls because where lazy and its easy to load the bar to that and it looks nothing like what your trying pull off. Are you really trying to show how 128 pound easy curl=close to 100 pound dumbbell curls? WTF bro. This video just reinforces the fact that you should even ever put anything over a 55 pound dumbbell in your hand and attempt to curl it.

By the way, you are FAT!
i agree with you in that the form you're going to see on db curls above say 60 pounds is going to involve a lot of trap, shoulder and lower back involvement no matter who you are, its just not biomechanically possible for any human being to hold their arms pinned against their side, stand totally straight and curl 100 pound db's with a biceps contraction alone.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2011, 10:59:12 AM »

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: CrossFit - Anyone else Hate it?
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2012, 12:11:53 AM »
haha those retards train like they're getting ready for the Olympics.....i can't stand chicks who are involved in these workouts, 99% of those women probably wish they had their own penis anyway

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2012, 12:12:05 AM »
CrossFit Cults Suck

and keep moving!

Spidey

• Getbig III
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2012, 12:48:41 AM »
So what i gather here is and everywhere else is:
-Nothing wrong with the workouts\routines\training
-The people who do them are stupid and smug

I bet they think the same about bodybuilders and people who take spin classes think the same about everyone else, like bodybuilders think people who do bodypump and spin classes are retarted, etc, etc, etc.

Spidey

• Getbig III
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2012, 12:49:35 AM »
Yea, some of the women have that attitude it seems. 

There are a few crossfit trainees that are pleasant and dont have the arrogant attitude that the rest seem to sport.  I could really care less what their workouts are like, or how effective they are.  What bugs me is the general persona of most of them.  They seem to think they are an elite little "group" at the gym and that the rest of us are just there taking up space. 

x2

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2012, 01:13:58 AM »
So what i gather here is and everywhere else is:
-Nothing wrong with the workouts\routines\training
-The people who do them are stupid and smug

I bet they think the same about bodybuilders and people who take spin classes think the same about everyone else, like bodybuilders think people who do bodypump and spin classes are retarted, etc, etc, etc.

Sadly most bodybuilders are retarded but there are exceptions

Spidey

• Getbig III
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2012, 01:36:53 AM »
Sadly most bodybuilders are retarded but there are exceptions

Just like most crossfitters are smug but there are exceptions ( i hope so because i dont know any crossfitters)
I just hate when someone puts labels and make assumptions about people. She has a tattoo therefore she's a whore or like you said a bodybuilder is a moron, now it seems like crossfitters are smug and stupid, skaters are idiots, etc

Just think it's stupid and unfortunetly had to live with it for part of my life. It tought me to shit on what other people thinnk and do whatever the fuck i want and have fun.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2012, 02:33:07 AM »
Mostly for attention whores and fake "true" trainees.
In Austria it goes under a different name "Cross Training" and well, same shit.

"Cross - picture" is a banner from a nearby mma school.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2012, 02:37:26 AM »
I`ve been training long before training even became popular, and I`ll be training long after the  crossfit  gimmick plays out.

Current "fitness fad" of the week,and the morons who follow it are just a bunch of fitness fad sheep!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2012, 02:43:40 AM »
CrossFit Cults Suck

Funny stuff!  :)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2012, 02:45:48 AM »
So the gym I workout at is pretty much overrun with "crossfit".  They take up almost every rack and all the floor space for their retarded workouts.  What bothers me the most though, is the arrogant look that most of the "crossfit" trainees walk around with while they are in the gym.  They act like the own the place and act as if they are superior to the rest of us who are there doing a workout.  The crossfit trainers seem to have that smug look to them as well. 

I've had a lot of other lifters there mention that they hate how crossfit has taken over the place as well, so apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way. 

The music the crossfit trainers play is aweful!!!  I put in a Rocky CD and half the gym was talking about how great it was...mysteriously...the CD was somehow thrown out during that next week....my friend had heard one of the crossfit trainers saying how he hated the Rocky music, so we are pretty sure he was the one who got rid of it.  I mean, honestly, who doesn't like the Rocky music to train to? 

If you are a true alpha, you do not notice others in the gym..... They notice you.
P

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2012, 03:42:41 AM »
I`ve been training long before training even became popular, and I`ll be training long after the  crossfit  gimmick plays out.

Current "fitness fad" of the week,and the morons who follow it are just a bunch of fitness fad sheep!!

x2, just leave these idiots, it will be gone faster than you can say "Tae Bo".

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2012, 04:15:02 AM »
At least they are doing resistance training. It's going to get physical results. But like personal training courses, over time you need to know how to change things to keep getting results and they wouldn't know what to do. But typical fuckwits, think bodybuilders have no idea how to train and there method is the best it builds real world strength or whatever helps them make $$$ selling their shit.

'Crossfit' my cardiovascular system would smoke any of them but i do more than just bodybuilding. I just don't pretend i'm better than another sport because of it. Except fucking crossfitters; and Kettlebells  ;)

Spidey

• Getbig III
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2012, 04:19:14 AM »
At least they are doing resistance training. It's going to get physical results. But like personal training courses, over time you need to know how to change things to keep getting results and they wouldn't know what to do. But typical fuckwits, think bodybuilders have no idea how to train and there method is the best it builds real world strength or whatever helps them make $$$ selling their shit.

'Crossfit' my cardiovascular system would smoke any of them but i do more than just bodybuilding. I just don't pretend i'm better than another sport because of it. Except fucking crossfitters; and Kettlebells  ;)

I like kettlebells :)

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2012, 04:41:19 AM »
It sucks balls across broad time and modal domains

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2012, 04:44:06 AM »
x2, just leave these idiots, it will be gone faster than you can say "Tae Bo".
Or "Reebok Step Aerobics" !!  ;D

Sizwe

• Getbig II
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2012, 05:25:26 AM »
unfortunately it's here to stay, and sadly the stereotype of them being smug "I have secret training knowledges that you don't therefore I'm better than you" is very true.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2012, 06:03:16 AM »
I don't put down what anyone does for fitness.  What bothers me about crossfit is the attitude that they have the superior way to Nirvana.

Truth be told women that are really into a good cross fit program look fantastic. Another truth is that many bodybuilders couldn't keep up in a serious cross fit class. Same thing about guys who run and do bodyweight exercises hard core. They are in serious condition.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2012, 06:11:44 AM »
I haven't seen any crossfit stuff at any gyms but I watched it once on espn2 and it looked pretty cool. The guys were in very good shape and also looked the part. I'd rather be a heavily jacked crossfit guy (so just a little bigger than the biggest guys who do it) who has to use less drugs than a mr olympia guy

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2012, 06:11:57 AM »
Or "Reebok Step Aerobics" !!  ;D

Funny thing is, I see the aerobic courses in the gym through the windows all the time, and NO ONE in there looks in decent shape, they are all fat or skinny-fat.