Author Topic: Steve Kappra - RIP  (Read 10536 times)

sean

• Getbig IV
Re: Steve Kappra - RIP
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2011, 06:41:22 PM »
woah! you mean, almost every youth sports event has EMT's on hand yet the events in which the "hardest training athletes in the world" dont? I think youth football might run about $300/year give or take. One contest +npc card ~ $250?

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2011, 06:44:54 PM »
R.I.P. Steve -    

I was at the NPC Excalibur taking pics, and before prejudging ever started, we heard of a competitor falling down outside of the building, and people rushing to take care of him.  Talking to friends a few days later, the ambulance came quick, and rushed him away, all before the contest began. We didn't know if he was ok or not. Sadly, not.

There will be a Moment of Silence for Steve at the next contest at the Culver City Veterans Auditorium, which will be held on April 14th.  I cannot recall that someone passing away before a contest here in Southern California ever.  

From his friends, we do know that Steve loved bodybuilding and that he will be missed.

I will be there in April at the 2012 NPC Amateur Grand Prix.

Yet some people here was making fun about his death.  :-\

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2011, 06:47:33 PM »
woah! you mean, almost every youth sports event has EMT's on hand yet the events in which the "hardest training athletes in the world" dont? I think youth football might run about $300/year give or take. One contest +npc card ~ $250?

Pretty sure all public events have to have EMT's there by law. Should be there in the guidelines when they pull permits for the event.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2011, 01:01:32 AM »
A father of my friend died at 54, was cycling (BYCYCLES, not gear) very often, jogged, generally lived a /healhty lifestyle/. During one of his rides - *bam* - lights out... PLENTY of people die at even youngers ages, have a sudden cradiac arrest/etc, and they haven't touched any "gear" in their life.  Not an excuse to risk ones health, but a piece of shit like Uberfag probably just preaches "I just want to arrive to the grave with as less risk involved as possible.." kind of credo, and it's nothing to look up to. I'm sure he'll suffer a heart attack out of that acumulated negativity and self grief he has.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2011, 01:15:17 AM »
Bob may confirm this but I'm almost positive that there was an ambulance and crew on stand-by in the Orleans Arena parking lot, but I am not aware if it was specifically present for the Olympia event , but it would appear somewhat logical if the venue rental contracts did require that some form of med crew be on site during all sporting events in order to limit that venue's liability.

To the best of my limited knowledge that requirement is presently enforced in Las Vegas.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2011, 10:44:22 AM »
A father of my friend died at 54, was cycling (BYCYCLES, not gear) very often, jogged, generally lived a /healhty lifestyle/. During one of his rides - *bam* - lights out... PLENTY of people die at even youngers ages, have a sudden cradiac arrest/etc, and they haven't touched any "gear" in their life.  Not an excuse to risk ones health, but a piece of shit like Uberfag probably just preaches "I just want to arrive to the grave with as less risk involved as possible.." kind of credo, and it's nothing to look up to. I'm sure he'll suffer a heart attack out of that acumulated negativity and self grief he has.

Very good post. I suspect you are right that very negative people shorten their lives some because of their negativity. It must be stressful to live ones life like that. Stress equals poor health or so the experts say.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2011, 11:00:35 AM »
maybe competitors should bring their own EMTs to shows.