Author Topic: Koloseum gym reopening??  (Read 25756 times)

hvyhitta

• Getbig I
Koloseum gym reopening??
« on: December 16, 2011, 12:51:07 PM »
Anyone else live in So Cali heard rumors about Koloseum gym opening back up? I have been told that old members get in for $15 a month. Anyone hear or know anything? 

The OC

• Getbig I
Re: Koloseum gym reopening??
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 01:25:47 PM »
I trained at koloseum over ten years before it closed and haven't heard anything about a reopening.   Who is the new owner?  When is it supposed to open?  I need details.

hvyhitta

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 01:33:38 PM »
I have no idea who is the new owner is. I am going to head down in about an hour to see what is going on. I heard they are already taking memberships. I also used to workout there for the last 4 years before they closed. What i posted earlier is what i heard from another former member, who now works out at golds gym in fullerton.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 01:38:43 PM »
Chaos may know something.  Either him or BigKubby who works at that Jack in the Box.  He might know too.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 01:40:31 PM »
Chaos speak on this.

hvyhitta

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 05:25:24 PM »
It is re-opening up. But under the name of true fitness if i remember right. Talked to the owner and also the manager he said its going to the same for the most part..but he is redoing the mens restroom, only going to have db's up to 140 or 160 (cant remember). Taking down all the air brush painting on the walls. Adding more equipment (ie: punching bags, more free weight stuff, etc). Former Koloseum members pay $15 a month, normal dues are $25. They said should be open for business Jan 2.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 05:49:05 PM »
Uh no. We've been told that db's will stop at 120, no chalk, no grunting, no noise plate dropping as a matter of fact we were told to stay away if we lift heavy. As the new name suggests they are gearing towards "fitness". Sign up special is like 99 down and 10 per month, "normal" price will be 15.

Lol he actually told us to spread the word, anyone that lifts heavy will not be allowed to train there. Lmfao!!!! ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 06:11:00 PM »
Uh no. We've been told that db's will stop at 120, no chalk, no grunting, no noise plate dropping as a matter of fact we were told to stay away if we lift heavy. As the new name suggests they are gearing towards "fitness". Sign up special is like 99 down and 10 per month, "normal" price will be 15.

Lol he actually told us to spread the word, anyone that lifts heavy will not be allowed to train there. Lmfao!!!! ;D

So it's a Planet Fitness?

hvyhitta

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 06:12:15 PM »
lol, they tried to say that everyone is leaving golds gym in fullerton & the meridan up the street to come back. lol

yea sounds like planet fitness.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 06:14:29 PM »

Don't worry, right around March or April you can come to my place and do all kinds of strongman shit.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 06:16:47 PM »

it's a business, they are there to make money, not cater to the "hard core" bodybuilders.

from what I see Planet Fitness is making money, they charge $10/month and the DBs stop at 60.

I

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 06:19:31 PM »
Sounds like the place to be.  ;D

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 06:24:12 PM »

it's a business, they are there to make money, not cater to the "hard core" bodybuilders.

from what I see Planet Fitness is making money, they charge $10/month and the DBs stop at 60.

Gayer than hell
U

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 06:40:33 PM »
They can make all the money they want, it won't be mine.

I go to meridian and I know guys that are at golds...nobody I know is eager to leave to go to that Life Fitness or whatever.

Coach keep me updated on the strongman stuff. The second week in Jan I'll be heading over to train highland with your buddy there.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 11:57:07 PM »

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 12:34:26 AM »
the amount of insulin that gym has seen would supply all the diabetics in the world.

BBJunkie

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 07:11:55 AM »
Yes, Koloseum Gym is reopening under the name True Fitness.  Irecieved a special offer in the mail for prior Koloseum members, zero enrollment cost and only $15/month.  pre-enrollment December 19th-31st.  Here's the website:  www.truefitnessclubs.com 

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 07:31:54 AM »
it might as well stay closed then.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 07:33:35 AM »
No thanks, will stay at 24 hour

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011, 07:49:04 AM »

it isn't how much you lift it's how much you look like you can lift, bodybuilders do not need 120 pound db's to do any free weight exercise and gain muscle, no top pro etc etc, only power lifters should be concerned.

TEAM Nasser

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2011, 07:50:20 AM »
Fuck the gym, what I want to know is

did the invisible hand of the cunning Milamar Sarcev have any part in this?

And where does her now fugitive ex-husband Milos stand in all of this?

You know, given that he lurks these here boards.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2011, 07:57:44 AM »

If she or anyone else from the US is sending money to Milos in another country are they not aiding and abetting? Not sure how that works.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 08:13:00 AM »
it isn't how much you lift it's how much you look like you can lift, bodybuilders do not need 120 pound db's to do any free weight exercise and gain muscle, no top pro etc etc, only power lifters should be concerned.

You know how I know you're gay? Oh shit look who I am talking to, nevermind

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2011, 08:18:15 AM »

From what we were told at the first attempt of an auction her lawyer stopped the sale with some kind of an injunction, this last attempt couldn't be stopped and th egym was sold to truefitness.
I recieved that same flyer for former members of Koloseum but when we walked in we were given the opportunity to sign up for an even better deal. Maybe they aren't getting the members they told somebody else they were getting?

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2011, 12:28:43 PM »
If she or anyone else from the US is sending money to Milos in another country are they not aiding and abetting? Not sure how that works.

coach even for a right wing republican you are acting like you r retarded

what part of the 'milamar completely fucked me over' story didn't you get ?

the only cash milamar will be sending milos is the one with poison on the tips so that the fucker dies when he is stupidly counting them, using is saliva  fingers like a good serbian mobster would do