Author Topic: How much protein works well for you?  (Read 12352 times)

Oly15

• Getbig III
How much protein works well for you?
« on: December 18, 2011, 11:15:34 PM »
I been hearing a lot lately to eat when hungry and dont worry so much about food, just eat a lot and make sure you get enough protein. How much protein do you guys take in? Is it working well? And do you need at least 1 gram per pound bodyweight or can you make good gains with less?

whitewidow

Re: How much protein works well for you?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 11:23:26 PM »
1.5-2 grams per pound nothing less.

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 11:40:39 PM »
I been hearing a lot lately to eat when hungry and dont worry so much about food, just eat a lot and make sure you get enough protein. How much protein do you guys take in? Is it working well? And do you need at least 1 gram per pound bodyweight or can you make good gains with less?

yeah I don't measure it ever. I just eat when I feel hungry, and I eat a lot more than you can believe. I eat minimum 24 but more normally 48 egg whites a day on top of many other meals with protein. I have never counted until now, but I can't imagine a day when I get less than 400 grams (more often I get 500 + I just calculated) and I am a very lean 230.

whitewidow

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 12:16:42 AM »
yeah I don't measure it ever. I just eat when I feel hungry, and I eat a lot more than you can believe. I eat minimum 24 but more normally 48 egg whites a day on top of many other meals with protein. I have never counted until now, but I can't imagine a day when I get less than 400 grams (more often I get 500 + I just calculated) and I am a very lean 230.

thats about right you should be shooting for 460grams. but 500 works.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 12:42:56 AM »
Damn thats a lot. I am going to work my way up to about 360, my goal weight is 240 lbs short term. So 1.5 g per lb. How do you guys incorporate carbs? Just whenever you feel like, before working out? Or do you incorporate them with each meal?

whitewidow

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 01:03:33 AM »
Damn thats a lot. I am going to work my way up to about 360, my goal weight is 240 lbs short term. So 1.5 g per lb. How do you guys incorporate carbs? Just whenever you feel like, before working out? Or do you incorporate them with each meal?

I incorpororate at least 30 grams of carbs per meal unless I am on a cutt cycle.

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 06:06:04 AM »
250g per day

MrBigandCut

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 11:34:26 AM »
Ronnie Coleman said in his video that the reason for his increased mass was the increase in protein from 300gms to 500gms a day, but probably the increase in gh from 15 -40 ius a day was the more accurate explanation!  ;D

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 12:53:18 PM »
Can you give example of your typical daily meal plan?

chess315

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 10:01:23 PM »
eating 500grams of protein is not cheap nor easy.

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 10:55:20 PM »
eating 500grams of protein is not cheap nor easy.

and stupid.

whitewidow

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 11:03:55 PM »
and stupid.

well technically you are supppose to eat 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound so if ronnie was just 250lbs 500mg would be about right. plus you want to eat lean proteins and if you are on HGh and steroids all that protein goes to the right spots. I don't think it's stupid at all. the man was trying to be the best in the world.

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 11:10:14 PM »
well technically you are supppose to eat 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound so if ronnie was just 250lbs 5000mg would be about right. plus you want to eat lean proteins and if you are on HGh and steroids all that protein goes to the right spots. I don't think it's stupid at all. the man was trying to be the best in the world.

i dont buy into that. there's no real proof anyone's ever come up with to support that either.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 12:56:39 AM »
Cant afford to eat even 140 grams nowadays...  ;D :'( ;D :'(

LOL

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 01:16:33 AM »
Cant afford to eat even 140 grams nowadays...  ;D :'( ;D :'(

LOL

Thats all you need stud. This extreme amounts of protein is bullshit. Your body won't absorb 500 grams of protein. It will just piss it out and strain your system trying to use it all. If you are on gear you need less protein.

whitewidow

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 01:19:00 AM »
i dont buy into that. there's no real proof anyone's ever come up with to support that either.

well you do whatever you want to do but that is what most bodybuilders will eat 1.5-2grams per pound. dosn't mean you have to follow it but protein is important and whn you are using HGH and steroids itg will push it in all the right places. has to be good proteins lots of chicken breasts, lots of salmon, ribeye,herring all good choices. It is expensive. but becoming a pro will cost you almost 6 figures with the drugs and food.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 01:22:24 AM »
Thats all you need stud. This extreme amounts of protein is bullshit. Your body won't absorb 500 grams of protein. It will just piss it out and strain your system trying to use it all. If you are on gear you need less protein.
;D 8)

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 02:52:33 AM »
well you do whatever you want to do but that is what most bodybuilders will eat 1.5-2grams per pound. dosn't mean you have to follow it but protein is important and whn you are using HGH and steroids itg will push it in all the right places. has to be good proteins lots of chicken breasts, lots of salmon, ribeye,herring all good choices. It is expensive. but becoming a pro will cost you almost 6 figures with the drugs and food.

6 figures total or per year?

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 03:08:41 AM »

I agree 100% !!

whitewidow

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 03:14:27 AM »
[/quote

Not just on food but if your talking juice, top dollar HGH, tanning, training gurus, accupuncture,massages. it gets up there. 75,000$ to 100,000$.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 03:30:12 AM »
[/quote

Not just on food but if your talking juice, top dollar HGH, tanning, training gurus, accupuncture,massages. it gets up there. 75,000$ to 100,000$.

wtf man..  :-\  :-X

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 03:52:43 AM »

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2011, 04:30:43 AM »
I've never calculated exactly. But i just make sure there is a decent protein portion in each meal. If i had to guesstimate id say 180-250g a day aprox depending on how many meals i do and what those consist of.
Boundary Breaker

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2011, 11:21:43 AM »
1.5-2 grams per pound nothing less.

i just don't believe numbers like this anymore. jay cutler says 1.2 in his book ceo muscle. milos says 1.0 for everyone, 1.5 for the athletically inclined individual, and 2.0 for the serious bodybuilder. lee haney says just 1.0 served him throughout his courier.

i tried counting how many i needed and i came out with like 75 grams five times a day...  ::) just impossible and ridiculous. so for me, each meal is comprised of a lean protein about the size of my fist, complex carbohydrate portion about the size of my fist with my other hand wrapped around it, and as much veggies as i like, with some fruit thrown in here and there. and, if on gear, then that works for me. i grow 27-34 lbs in 12 weeks.

eat what you can, cut empty calories--you need that space! and keep it balanced.

MrBigandCut

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011, 11:35:01 AM »
I used to be in the high protein high fat crew but soon realised the need for carbs and when on aas the need for alot of carbs to push more water and fullness to the muscle! Trouble is I found the amount of calories I was consuming too high when I took in extra carbs and protein and now I tend to reduce the amount of protein rather then carbs to keep my condition and fullness. I think the value of carbs is more important and often underated with bodybuilders that seem to think protein is still the holy grail when it comes to muscle size.  ;D