Author Topic: How much protein works well for you?  (Read 12287 times)

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: How much protein works well for you?
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 02:55:44 PM »
I used to be in the high protein high fat crew but soon realised the need for carbs and when on aas the need for alot of carbs to push more water and fullness to the muscle! Trouble is I found the amount of calories I was consuming too high when I took in extra carbs and protein and now I tend to reduce the amount of protein rather then carbs to keep my condition and fullness. I think the value of carbs is more important and often underated with bodybuilders that seem to think protein is still the holy grail when it comes to muscle size.  ;D

Agree.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 02:59:01 PM »
once you think about it rationally it becomes obvious that no one needs more than a few meals per day with a decent portion of meat at each, whether cutting or bulking.

buselmo

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 02:14:29 AM »
at this point in time?
100-170 grams of protein is more than enough
anything over 200 for me causes a lot of problems and doesn't make me look any better... actually it makes me look much worse.

MrBigandCut

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 02:52:54 AM »
Bit more than 150gms in this trolley!!! ;D

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2011, 02:57:53 AM »
what blows my mind is how are some of you even getting 500g of protein per day? do you spend all day eating? do you chug protein shakes all day?

i am willing to bet that a lot of that whey is getting undigested and you are most likely shitting it out

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2011, 03:14:40 AM »
what blows my mind is how are some of you even getting 500g of protein per day? do you spend all day eating? do you chug protein shakes all day?

i am willing to bet that a lot of that whey is getting undigested and you are most likely shitting it out
And straining the fuck out of your kidneys

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2011, 03:20:43 AM »
My maximum was 350gr a day. My urine smelled like amonia so i guess i was overdoing it. Honestly i can't see myself capable of eating more than that amount.
But the results were impressive, i gained lots of lean mass while on a small amount of steroids.
In the past i have done the opposite: +-200gr protein daily, lots of carbs/fats and bigger drug regimen. Didn't had the same results.
So protein works.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2011, 03:25:00 AM »
at this point in time?
anything over 200 for me causes a lot of problems and doesn't make me look any better... actually it makes me look much worse.

Damn and you're friggin big. I've seen a pic of you and its hard to believe you can maintain your weight and muscle mass on that amount considering you're probably at least 240. You got any recent pics you posted up?

And when you are dieting for a contest how much protein do you aim for?

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2011, 04:16:45 AM »
When you're eating enough carbs you'll need less protein since none of it will be converted into glucose for energy. I'm trying to find a balance since too many carbs tend to bloat me and just generally have me feeling like ass. Overall I think more than 1g per lb would be a waste for me. Though if it was higher I would feel and look better cause of the way I react to carbs.

matrixgh

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2011, 07:31:24 AM »
Eating a lot of protein is a myth, the supplement company's put this in your head that you need a lot of protein so you can spend your saving money on them. your body can digest certain amount of protein at the time, pushing to much protein in to your stomach does not mean all protein will be digested most likely it goes to a bowl. Is not a hormone the more you take the bigger you get :)

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2011, 08:10:35 AM »
Eating a lot of protein is a myth, the supplement company's put this in your head that you need a lot of protein so you can spend your saving money on them. your body can digest certain amount of protein at the time, pushing to much protein in to your stomach does not mean all protein will be digested most likely it goes to a bowl. Is not a hormone the more you take the bigger you get :)

Having no evidence that 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight is optimal doesn't necessarily mean it is a myth. There is simply no scientific data to support it. Nor is there any scientific data out there to prove that 2 grams per pound of bodyweight WOULDNT be helpful to bodybuilders.

All there is is testimonials from users of anabolics on what has worked for them. Which is the poimt of this thread. Not hating. Just opening up room for argument.

ChevChelios

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2011, 08:51:33 AM »
Eating tons of protein as a natural is a waste ofc,but when you're blasting AAS,things chance,protein synthesis goes up by miles and you are able to asimilate it much better.
GETBIG!

MrBigandCut

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2011, 10:00:25 AM »
Timing of your carbs & protein is also probably more important! Stacking in the carbs after training just makes logical sense and then putting the protein in large amounts in the evening & through the night when the body is repairing also seems logiical! ;D

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2011, 11:24:45 AM »
Timing of your carbs & protein is also probably more important! Stacking in the carbs after training just makes logical sense and then putting the protein in large amounts in the evening & through the night when the body is repairing also seems logiical! ;D
This process is taking much longer than a single night, however i agree about the carbs post workout.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2011, 11:46:22 AM »
at this point in time?
once you think about it rationally it becomes obvious that no one needs more than a few meals per day with a decent portion of meat at each, whether cutting or bulking.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2011, 10:03:20 PM »
Here is my day today:

7:30 AM - 5 iu gh, 20 mgs DBol, 1 small container of egg whites, 3 cans pineapple juice 50 grams protein

10:30 AM - 3 Dunkin Donuts, 1 large iced coffee, 1 large container egg whites 100 grams protein

12:30 PM - 4 Fruit and Grain Breakfast bars

1:30 PM - 2 cans pineapple juice, 20 mgs DBol, Roast Beef sandwich with bacon, red onion, lettuce, tomato, and dressing on a hero. 40 grams protein

4:00 PM - 4 Fruit and Grain breakfast bars

5:00 PM - 1 small container egg whites 50 grams protein

7:30 PM - 5 iu gh, 20 mgs DBol, 500 mgs vit b5, 3 cans pineapple juice

8:30 PM - Train Bi's, Tri's, Abs, Calves

Warm up 10 minutes on stairmaster

Alternating standing dumbbell curls: 30 lb dumbbells x 20 (each arm) (warm up), 50 lb dumbbells x 10, 60 lbs dumbbells x 10, 70 lb dumbbells x 10

Hammer Dumbbell Concentration Curls: 30 lb Dumbbell x 10 each arm, 35 lb Dumbbell x 10, 40 lbs dumbbell x 10

EZ Bar Curls (using bar with pre-loaded weight): 2 sets of triple drops doing 10 with a heavy bar, 10 with a lighter weight bar, and 10 with and even lighter weight bar

Tri's

Dumbbell Skull Crushers: 35 x 10 (each arm), 45 x 10 (each arm), 50 x 10 (each arm)

Reverse grip cable pull downs: 4 sets using heavy weight with good form on stack

Weighted Dip Machine: 2 sets pyramiding weight up

Calves

Calf Press on Plate Loaded leg press: 3 plates on each side doing 10 reps with feet placed normally, feet outverted, and feet inverted totally 30 reps per set - 3 sets of these

Abs

Decline bench crunches: 3 sets x 20 reps using bodyweight

10:00 PM (post workout) - 10 iu gh (shot IV), 1 twix ice cream bar, 2 cans pineapple juice, 1 small container egg whites 50 grams protein

12:30 AM - Ice cream (as much as I feel), 1 large container egg whites, 5 iu gh, 1.5 cc Nordic Test 25, .5 cc Nordic Masteron 100, 1 cc Deca 200, 500 mgs vit b5 100 grams protein

Sleep

390 grams Total protein for me today.  This is about average.  Usually between 3 and 500.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2011, 05:28:54 AM »
Bigher:

Do you drink the egg whites or cook them?

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2011, 06:59:30 AM »
Bigher:

Do you drink the egg whites or cook them?

Drink... I haven't had cooked egg whites in close to a year.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2011, 07:48:53 AM »
Drink... I haven't had cooked egg whites in close to a year.
Because they taste like shit

matrixgh

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2011, 11:08:24 AM »
Bigher how much you wight? and  whats up with the carbs? do you eat whole food, chicken, fish, beef?

I will share my daily diet:

Meal 1: 1 bowl cereal or oats, 8 egg whites, 1 can pineapple juice or banana
Meal 2: Chicken and rice or frice
Meal 3: Beef and rice or buckwheat
Pre workout snack : 3 peanut butter on a rice cakes or protein bar and 1 can pineapple juice
Train
Post workout: unflavored protein shake with 1 can pineapple juice
Meal 4:sushi or any fish
Meal 5:2 peanut butter on rice cakes 8 egg whites and ice cream

Total about 300 grams of protein

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2011, 11:56:10 AM »

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2011, 11:56:52 AM »
Here is my day today:

7:30 AM - 5 iu gh, 20 mgs DBol, 1 small container of egg whites, 3 cans pineapple juice 50 grams protein

10:30 AM - 3 Dunkin Donuts, 1 large iced coffee, 1 large container egg whites 100 grams protein

12:30 PM - 4 Fruit and Grain Breakfast bars

1:30 PM - 2 cans pineapple juice, 20 mgs DBol, Roast Beef sandwich with bacon, red onion, lettuce, tomato, and dressing on a hero. 40 grams protein

4:00 PM - 4 Fruit and Grain breakfast bars

5:00 PM - 1 small container egg whites 50 grams protein

7:30 PM - 5 iu gh, 20 mgs DBol, 500 mgs vit b5, 3 cans pineapple juice

8:30 PM - Train Bi's, Tri's, Abs, Calves

Warm up 10 minutes on stairmaster

Alternating standing dumbbell curls: 30 lb dumbbells x 20 (each arm) (warm up), 50 lb dumbbells x 10, 60 lbs dumbbells x 10, 70 lb dumbbells x 10

Hammer Dumbbell Concentration Curls: 30 lb Dumbbell x 10 each arm, 35 lb Dumbbell x 10, 40 lbs dumbbell x 10

EZ Bar Curls (using bar with pre-loaded weight): 2 sets of triple drops doing 10 with a heavy bar, 10 with a lighter weight bar, and 10 with and even lighter weight bar

Tri's

Dumbbell Skull Crushers: 35 x 10 (each arm), 45 x 10 (each arm), 50 x 10 (each arm)

Reverse grip cable pull downs: 4 sets using heavy weight with good form on stack

Weighted Dip Machine: 2 sets pyramiding weight up

Calves

Calf Press on Plate Loaded leg press: 3 plates on each side doing 10 reps with feet placed normally, feet outverted, and feet inverted totally 30 reps per set - 3 sets of these

Abs

Decline bench crunches: 3 sets x 20 reps using bodyweight

10:00 PM (post workout) - 10 iu gh (shot IV), 1 twix ice cream bar, 2 cans pineapple juice, 1 small container egg whites 50 grams protein

12:30 AM - Ice cream (as much as I feel), 1 large container egg whites, 5 iu gh, 1.5 cc **** Test 25, .5 cc **** Masteron 100, 1 cc Deca 200, 500 mgs vit b5 100 grams protein

Sleep

390 grams Total protein for me today.  This is about average.  Usually between 3 and 500.

So much food, but the food choices are so minimal...
btw how much ml/oz per pineapple can?

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2011, 12:25:25 PM »
Bigher how much you wight? and  whats up with the carbs? do you eat whole food, chicken, fish, beef?

I will share my daily diet:

Meal 1: 1 bowl cereal or oats, 8 egg whites, 1 can pineapple juice or banana
Meal 2: Chicken and rice or frice
Meal 3: Beef and rice or buckwheat
Pre workout snack : 3 peanut butter on a rice cakes or protein bar and 1 can pineapple juice
Train
Post workout: unflavored protein shake with 1 can pineapple juice
Meal 4:sushi or any fish
Meal 5:2 peanut butter on rice cakes 8 egg whites and ice cream

Total about 300 grams of protein

Hey bro,

I'm sitting right around 250 right now.  My recent progress thread is here if you wanna check it out, this is from a little over a month ago:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=401997.0

What do you mean by what's up with the carbs?  Not enough oooorrr??

I eat a lot of whole food and hardly ever do whey shakes.  I actually just at 10 oz. tilapia before writing this.  I work a lot so my schedule is tight and a lot of times it is just easier for me to drink  a carton of egg whites.  So some days I may have 3-4 meals based off drinking egg whites with the other 2-3 meals being whole food.  Other day's it'll be more whole food and less eggs. Love red meat in my diet.  It really fills me out.

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2011, 12:28:12 PM »
So much food, but the food choices are so minimal...
btw how much ml/oz per pineapple can?

Dole, 6 oz cans.  Fresh Pineapple juice, NOT from concentrate.  Approx. 25 grams carbs per can.

The variety of food options in my day is generally based off that days schedule.  Some days I'll have 2 meals in restaurants with my girl.  Others it will be a busy day with work and it will look more like this where it's just some basic, easy to eat on the go meals where I am trying to get the calories in.

whitewidow

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2011, 03:39:40 PM »
Dole, 6 oz cans.  Fresh Pineapple juice, NOT from concentrate.  Approx. 25 grams carbs per can.

The variety of food options in my day is generally based off that days schedule.  Some days I'll have 2 meals in restaurants with my girl.  Others it will be a busy day with work and it will look more like this where it's just some basic, easy to eat on the go meals where I am trying to get the calories in.

why pinapple juice overf grapfruit juice. grapfruits are more anabolic I believe