Author Topic: Ron Paul Says Accused Traitor is a Patriot  (Read 9631 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Ron Paul Says Accused Traitor is a Patriot
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2011, 11:38:32 AM »

You hve dyed-in-wool liberal shitbags like myself 

I admit, I'm the most inconsistent, irrational debater here

Finally, something I agree with. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 11:40:27 AM »
Finally, something I agree with. 

hahahahhaha   come on man, you gotta admit the irony here is crazy, right?

ah, politics has these rare amusing moments when everything is flipped upside down. 

liberals defending the GOP frontrunner.  unreal!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 11:42:54 AM »
Some substantive, some not, but all involve the realities of presidential elections:

1.  He does not have good presence.  That includes his speaking voice and his delivery.  It is disjointed at times, sounds whiney, and just isn't very good.  This shouldn't matter, but it does.  All you have to do is look at our current president to see how important this is.  That's partly how Obama got elected. 

2.  His foreign policy views are so far outside the mainstream that he will not be able to get broad support from the Republican base, which he needs to get the nomination.  For example, making the blanket statement that we need close all of our foreign military bases and his isolationism ignore the realities of the world we currently live in.  Also, his comments about Bradley Manning that HH posted are pretty disturbing.  I really question whether he could be a competent commander in chief.

3.  Some of his supporters really don't help him.  The fact he was the only candidate in 2008 to be asked a question about 911 Troofers shows that small group of nincompoops can hurt him.  Going on the Alex Jones show didn't help either.  Remember what happened to Van Jones when he got linked to 911 Troofers?  If Ron Paul wins Iowa, that's the kind of stuff that will come up and drive a lot of voters away. 

4.  His support is a mile wide and an inch deep.  His 2008 performance is a prime example.  His actual performance on election day didn't approach his online support.  I posted the numbers here:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=394271.0

5.  I doubt he can win his home state of Texas (see the numbers in the link I referenced).  I don't see how he can win the nomination if he cannot win his home state.

Do you really believe that if 1-5 above were removed he'd have a better chance?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 11:45:45 AM »
if nothing else, ron paul winning a shitload of states, the base hating mitt with a passion, and newt just standing there lobbing molotov cocktails nonstop could lead to an incredibly interesting convention in 2012.

Although I still believe mitt has the infrastructure to win it all.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2011, 11:50:40 AM »
Do you really believe that if 1-5 above were removed he'd have a better chance?

Absolutely.  Especially no. 1.  National elections are a beauty contest.  Obama's 2004 speech at the Democrat convention thrust him into the national spotlight.  His ability to read a teleprompter so well really galvanized a lot of people.  I was even intrigued, until I actually listened to what he had to say.  Obama will not be able to get away with that this time around.  

But it's just an unfortunate fact that presence is a huge component.  People who can deliver have a much easier time gaining followers.    

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2011, 11:52:19 AM »
if nothing else, ron paul winning a shitload of states, the base hating mitt with a passion, and newt just standing there lobbing molotov cocktails nonstop could lead to an incredibly interesting convention in 2012.

Although I still believe mitt has the infrastructure to win it all.

I dont hate Mitt like i do Obama - but i dont trust him one bit. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2011, 11:52:51 AM »
 National elections are a beauty contest.

sometimes - but voters chose old and weird looking mccain over romney - and if any dude ever looked like a TV president it's romney.

They chose botoxed Kerry over a better looking dean in 2004.

hell, Huntsmann is the best looking in the gop bunch, and he's running last place.   2/3 of the top 3 (mitt and ron paul) look like little weird trolls.  bachmann ius hot and perry looks like josh brolin, and they're losing.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2011, 11:53:48 AM »
I dont hate Mitt like i do Obama - but i dont trust him one bit. 

see, i think he works within a system.  WIll he be nominating some moderates to the bench, yes, he probably will.  He admitted 85% of his Mass judges were liberal because he had to get them passed thru a dem state senate.  Guess what mittens - you will probably have a deb national senate in 2013. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2011, 12:01:31 PM »
Some substantive, some not, but all involve the realities of presidential elections:

1.  He does not have good presence.  That includes his speaking voice and his delivery.  It is disjointed at times, sounds whiney, and just isn't very good.  This shouldn't matter, but it does.  All you have to do is look at our current president to see how important this is.  That's partly how Obama got elected. 

2.  His foreign policy views are so far outside the mainstream that he will not be able to get broad support from the Republican base, which he needs to get the nomination.  For example, making the blanket statement that we need close all of our foreign military bases and his isolationism ignore the realities of the world we currently live in.  Also, his comments about Bradley Manning that HH posted are pretty disturbing.  I really question whether he could be a competent commander in chief.

3.  Some of his supporters really don't help him.  The fact he was the only candidate in 2008 to be asked a question about 911 Troofers shows that small group of nincompoops can hurt him.  Going on the Alex Jones show didn't help either.  Remember what happened to Van Jones when he got linked to 911 Troofers?  If Ron Paul wins Iowa, that's the kind of stuff that will come up and drive a lot of voters away. 

4.  His support is a mile wide and an inch deep.  His 2008 performance is a prime example.  His actual performance on election day didn't approach his online support.  I posted the numbers here:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=394271.0

5.  I doubt he can win his home state of Texas (see the numbers in the link I referenced).  I don't see how he can win the nomination if he cannot win his home state.

These exact same statement apply to Palin and Perry and yet you thought they were qualified for office.

Despite liking RP, I already know he won't be getting the nod at all.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2011, 12:02:23 PM »
Absolutely.  Especially no. 1.  National elections are a beauty contest.  Obama's 2004 speech at the Democrat convention thrust him into the national spotlight.  His ability to read a teleprompter so well really galvanized a lot of people.  I was even intrigued, until I actually listened to what he had to say.  Obama will not be able to get away with that this time around.  

But it's just an unfortunate fact that presence is a huge component.  People who can deliver have a much easier time gaining followers.    

If you are right, then that is very sad about the state of the democratic process.  

But I believe that even if you remove your reasons why you believe Ron Paul does not have a chance, his chances would still be low because of his honesty, because he does not bow down to corporations and because his says what he believes is right even if it's unpopular.  

I believe it will be very hard for Ron Paul to become a presidential candidate, but still definitely possible.  

If Ron Paul is not the next US president, then Americans should prepare for just more of the same crap.  

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2011, 12:04:42 PM »
sometimes - but voters chose old and weird looking mccain over romney - and if any dude ever looked like a TV president it's romney.

They chose botoxed Kerry over a better looking dean in 2004.

hell, Huntsmann is the best looking in the gop bunch, and he's running last place.   2/3 of the top 3 (mitt and ron paul) look like little weird trolls.  bachmann ius hot and perry looks like josh brolin, and they're losing.

Maybe the GOP has different standards for beauty than the rest of us?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2011, 12:05:52 PM »

Maybe the GOP has different standards for beauty than the rest of us?

Truth - you find a lot of beauty in Barney Frank.   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2011, 12:07:52 PM »
Truth - you find a lot of beauty in Barney Frank.   

Says the shut in with an imaginary girlfriend who has shirtless pics of BF on his hard drive.

Nice way to showcase those homo frustrations of yours.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2011, 12:19:00 PM »
These exact same statement apply to Palin and Perry and yet you thought they were qualified for office.

Beach..great post. I think people overlook how he comes across on debates. I think they missed how our current President got elected because of speeches and presence. This shit really matters...it goes beyond looking good. Being able to sway a crowd, persuasion etc...RP comes off horribly. Palin comes off bad, Perry and Bachman have gotten better...but they're poor as well. Newt and Romney do very well.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2011, 12:27:51 PM »

No, the same statements don't apply.  Both Palin and Perry give good speeches.  Palin's convention speech actually drew higher ratings than Obama's.  Perry does a very good job giving speeches.  Horrible in debates.  

How are Palin's and Perry's foreign policy views like Ron Paul's?  

911 Troofers support Palin and Perry?  News to me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2011, 12:31:25 PM »
If you are right, then that is very sad about the state of the democratic process.  

But I believe that even if you remove your reasons why you believe Ron Paul does not have a chance, his chances would still be low because of his honesty, because he does not bow down to corporations and because his says what he believes is right even if it's unpopular.  

I believe it will be very hard for Ron Paul to become a presidential candidate, but still definitely possible.  

If Ron Paul is not the next US president, then Americans should prepare for just more of the same crap.  

It really is sad.  Personally, I could care less about delivery.  I care about substance.  But that's not what moves the masses. 

Ron Paul is an honest man, but he's also just a politician.  Have you looked at his positions on the stimulus and earmarks and compared them what he has actually done?  Not very consistent.  He does what politicians do. 

I don't think he would be nearly as bad as most politicians if he were to get into office, but he's not some savior.  None of those folks are. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2011, 12:35:18 PM »
Beach..great post. I think people overlook how he comes across on debates. I think they missed how our current President got elected because of speeches and presence. This shit really matters...it goes beyond looking good. Being able to sway a crowd, persuasion etc...RP comes off horribly. Palin comes off bad, Perry and Bachman have gotten better...but they're poor as well. Newt and Romney do very well.

Thanks.  I actually had someone tell me that Obama is one of the "great orators of our time."   ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2011, 12:36:59 PM »
You'll here plenty of people who will say only the substance matters....sorry folks but you have to package it well too. Reagn could package, CLINTON could package...its possible.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2011, 12:37:50 PM »
Thanks.  I actually had someone tell me that Obama is one of the "great orators of our time."   ::)

Who!   Ask that person to ever repeat one thing from one speech he ever made!  

Who are these drones?  Orator?  The man is good at READING a speech on teleprompter.   When off mic is is an illiterate, stuttering, incompetent, ignorant buffoon.

He is not smart or intelligent, and shows signs of being nothing more than a college sophomore level aspiring TA.  

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2011, 12:44:27 PM »
if you guys are arguing that this guy is a traitor for exposing a corrupt government then you are morons lol. He exposed the traitors, he exposed the people that take advantage and commit terrible acts because they have the power to do so. How is it un american to expose corrupt law breaking government officials, if you condone the government being corrupt and abusing power then you are the sheep that have put the country in the state it is. Ron Paul is 100% right, expose these fucking scumbags, these traitors and money takers.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2011, 12:53:17 PM »
You'll here plenty of people who will say only the substance matters....sorry folks but you have to package it well too. Reagn could package, CLINTON could package...its possible.

Agree.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2011, 12:57:11 PM »
Who!   Ask that person to ever repeat one thing from one speech he ever made!  

Who are these drones?  Orator?  The man is good at READING a speech on teleprompter.   When off mic is is an illiterate, stuttering, incompetent, ignorant buffoon.

He is not smart or intelligent, and shows signs of being nothing more than a college sophomore level aspiring TA.  

They guy who said this to me is very smart and extremely well spoken.  He's also openly gay, so I think that explains why he "adores" Obama.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2011, 01:01:57 PM »
if you guys are arguing that this guy is a traitor for exposing a corrupt government then you are morons lol. He exposed the traitors, he exposed the people that take advantage and commit terrible acts because they have the power to do so. How is it un american to expose corrupt law breaking government officials, if you condone the government being corrupt and abusing power then you are the sheep that have put the country in the state it is. Ron Paul is 100% right, expose these fucking scumbags, these traitors and money takers.

The president is the Commander in Chief.  He cannot condone when a Soldier breaks the law and disobeys orders and directives like Manning. 

And saying he "technically" broke the law??  Calling him a hero?  He will get crucified over this.  There is no way members of the military would support this.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2011, 01:03:47 PM »
They guy who said this to me is very smart and extremely well spoken.  He's also openly gay, so I think that explains why he "adores" Obama.   :)

Sorry BB - you and I have a very different idea of what a "smart person" is if they could say something like that.   Like I said - maybe they are good at putting a veneer of intelligence forth to you - but no one could say that qualifies as smart in my book.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2011, 01:12:04 PM »
911 Troofers support Palin and Perry?  News to me.

palin supported another 911 investigation dude.   she's a troofer too.