Author Topic: Should Hardcore Ron Paul Fans Tone It Down At This Point?  (Read 7855 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Should Hardcore Ron Paul Fans Tone It Down At This Point?
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2011, 11:19:34 AM »
RP - winner by default and the only one seriously trying to shake up

How any Republicans, and anti Obama voters can disagree with this is absolutely beyond me.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2011, 11:24:21 AM »
It's going to come down to weather - I think huck said it.

If the sun is shining, the people who 'settled' for Mitt might come out and vote for him.
If it's shitty and cold and nasty on Jan 3 in Iowa, people who aren't enthusiastic anyway will stay home.
Ron Paul supporters would crawl thru a mile of glass to vote for him, particularly if they have hope he can win. 

RP supporters have always liked his message, but always kinda knew he couldn't win.  Now? They're already shitting on Iowa AND new hampshire as not mattering lol...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2011, 11:29:06 AM »
It's going to come down to weather - I think huck said it.

If the sun is shining, the people who 'settled' for Mitt might come out and vote for him.
If it's shitty and cold and nasty on Jan 3 in Iowa, people who aren't enthusiastic anyway will stay home.
Ron Paul supporters would crawl thru a mile of glass to vote for him, particularly if they have hope he can win. 

RP supporters have always liked his message, but always kinda knew he couldn't win.  Now? They're already shitting on Iowa AND new hampshire as not mattering lol...

240 - dead serious no bs.   

My cousin out of nowhere who voted for Clinton twice.  She is a pretty lib type and a business owner.  She sells womens bullshit fashion accessories just let it out.    She is not too politcal and blurted out of nowhere yesterday  - "I think obama is going to win unless ron paul wins, he is the only one I like"   

My dad likes Huntsman and RP, and my mother will vote for who we tell her to in the primary usually.   

He really is the best chance we have to get rid of obama, and even other friends of mine are talking about him.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2011, 11:34:57 AM »

240 - dead serious no bs.   

My cousin out of nowhere who voted for Clinton twice.  She is a pretty lib type and a business owner.  She sells womens bullshit fashion accessories just let it out.    She is not too politcal and blurted out of nowhere yesterday  - "I think obama is going to win unless ron paul wins, he is the only one I like"   

My dad likes Huntsman and RP, and my mother will vote for who we tell her to in the primary usually.   

He really is the best chance we have to get rid of obama, and even other friends of mine are talking about him.   

I talk to a lot of people about politics and I haven't heard any of them speak of Ron Paul as a legitimate contender. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2011, 11:35:20 AM »
youre right.

however, people who are 'rank and file' republicans - who brag about their loyalty to whomever Rush & Hannity assign value - will probably cost the repubs the presidency.

so really, if they end up with shit soup (4 more years of obama) it's because they made it themselves.  Can't blame anyone - they actually have a ron paul in very viable shape.  They have to decide if they want more of the same (newt and mitt) or if they want real change.  

It's up to yall.  Maybe it's time to discard that "but I'm a rank and file, loyal kinda guy who does what my talk show host recommends".  Just a thought!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2011, 11:37:04 AM »
 ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2011, 11:47:17 AM »

I'm for RP in the primary and A B O in the general.   

But i will tell you - if its newt or romney - i will not spend a week or two on my own dime like i did the last two elections.   I will vote for A B O regardless.

I will volunteer my time for a week or so for RP, Bachmann, Santorum, Huntsman, or even Perry.

Newt and romney?   fuck no.   newt and romney are two sleezebags who are big govt RINO party thugs who will be more fo the same garbage.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2011, 11:54:34 AM »
I'm for RP in the primary and A B O in the general.   

But i will tell you - if its newt or romney - i will not spend a week or two on my own dime like i did the last two elections.   I will vote for A B O regardless.

I will volunteer my time for a week or so for RP, Bachmann, Santorum, Huntsman, or even Perry.

Newt and romney?   fuck no.   newt and romney are two sleezebags who are big govt RINO party thugs who will be more fo the same garbage.   

I'm not crazy at all about this field.  I'd vote for any of them over Obama, but some of them should not be president, including Newt and Ron Paul. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2011, 12:07:32 PM »
I'm not crazy at all about this field.  I'd vote for any of them over Obama, but some of them should not be president, including Newt and Ron Paul. 

just curious - what qualifies mitt as 'should be president', but disqualifies Newt?

They're very much alike.  Both swing left whenever convenient, both are pretty good at lying.  If anything, I'd probably argue Newt actually takes (multiple sometimes) positions while Mitt likes to "sit things out".  Example:   Mitt refused to comment on if he supports the senate or house in this budget mess, while newt would answer Qs

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2011, 12:08:25 PM »
just curious - what qualifies mitt as 'should be president', but disqualifies Newt?

They're very much alike.  Both swing left whenever convenient, both are pretty good at lying.  If anything, I'd probably argue Newt actually takes (multiple sometimes) positions while Mitt likes to "sit things out".  Example:   Mitt refused to comment on if he supports the senate or house in this budget mess, while newt would answer Qs

Myth is obama w good hair.   

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2011, 12:08:54 PM »
I talk to a lot of people about politics and I haven't heard any of them speak of Ron Paul as a legitimate contender. 

........................ ............

hahah.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2011, 12:10:04 PM »
Myth is obama w good hair.    

what do you think about self-proclaimed tea party members - who believe Mitt best supports those tea party ideals?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2011, 12:12:44 PM »
what do you think about self-proclaimed tea party members - who believe Mitt best supports those tea party ideals?

In for a rude awakening.   Mitt romney makes me sick to my stomach.   He is a liar, a fraud, a rino, a hack, and will say anything to fool other people.   

I will vote for him over obama - but Myth is going to be the second biggest scam on the voting public next to obama.   

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 26, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »

hard to believe this is real

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #89 on: December 26, 2011, 05:44:21 PM »

Kinda makes you wonder what happens to presidents once they reach office that makes them abandon their beliefs so much...
Bush.. Obama... etc...

Hopefully Paul would not allow himself to become like the others.. but you have to wonder what is so persuasive that they totally abandon their ideals and become the exact opposite of what they tout in their election speeches...

Or maybe they never believed that at all, they just know what to say to get elected.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2011, 05:44:22 PM »

He's not running.  You can stop crying now.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2011, 06:13:35 PM »

He's not running.  You can stop crying now.
I think you kinda missed the point of posting that video.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2011, 07:00:06 PM »
I think you kinda missed the point of posting that video.

I get the idea that this Skip fellow is kind of a dumb ass.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2011, 07:08:04 PM »
I get the idea that this Skip fellow is kind of a dumb ass.
na.. Skip is ok and I don't often say that about a steelers fan :D  I would be more worried about Beach Bum's worship of Skip.  That's a little creepy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2011, 07:12:52 PM »
na.. Skip is ok and I don't often say that about a steelers fan :D  I would be more worried about Beach Bum's worship of Skip.  That's a little creepy.

RP fans are zealous but is that a necessarily bad thing ?   At least most of the issues RP favors are correct unlike obamabots who push a man favoring disgusting policies and positions. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2011, 07:20:58 PM »

The RINOs attacking RP are doing thecGOPa grave disservice IMHO. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2011, 07:34:05 PM »

Ooooooooooops........... .. Maaaa bad.....  ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2011, 07:47:27 PM »
RP fans are zealous but is that a necessarily bad thing ?   At least most of the issues RP favors are correct unlike obamabots who push a man favoring disgusting policies and positions. 
I really do think that most Paul fans are pretty normal people who have been brought to being a bit more aggressive by how the media has treated Paul.  When you start seeing all the shit the media has pulled with Paul, I imagine it makes a follower of his message get a little more aggressive.  If the media would have been giving him a fair shake none of this would be an issue.  I can't really blame them for that.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2011, 07:48:33 PM »
Ooooooooooops............. Maaaa bad.....  ;D
I disagree with him on Ron Paul but otherwise he seems ok to me.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #99 on: December 26, 2011, 07:54:22 PM »
I really do think that most Paul fans are pretty normal people who have been brought to being a bit more aggressive by how the media has treated Paul.  When you start seeing all the shit the media has pulled with Paul, I imagine it makes a follower of his message get a little more aggressive.  If the media would have been giving him a fair shake none of this would be an issue.  I can't really blame them for that.
X10000000003738192

It's frustrating as hell when the most sensible candidate is smeared by both sides simply because he isn't corrupt... And it makes it twice as hard to deal with when anyone you talk to has their heads full of bullshit from corrupt media or a party that's butthurt hes not their Bitch.