Author Topic: The dutch seem like sissies to me  (Read 11049 times)

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
Re: The dutch seem like sissies to me
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2012, 02:55:04 PM »
lol, you guys posting back to back doesn't help. Who cares anyways  ;D

perverted minds think alive

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2012, 02:56:59 PM »
Don't let the haters get in ya' bro !!

Because in the end.... haters gonna hate

hahahahaha, if you don't come to democratic rossiya, democratic rossiya will come to you ;D

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2012, 09:18:55 PM »
hahahahaha, if you don't come to democratic rossiya, democratic rossiya will come to you ;D

;D ;D

Spicoli

• Getbig III
  • People on luds should not drive
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2012, 10:33:56 PM »
In all seriousness I judge people by their actions, not their heritage or skin color. Yes I do admit there are relatively more problems with certain etnic groups, but I think you should still judge the people by their actions not their race/heritage. I have been beaten up by a group of moroccans, but a person I consider one of my closest friends is also moroccan.

Having said that, I think our society has become VERY harsh. People don't care about anything but themselves. I think one of the causes is the development in technology. This gives people the opportunity to shut things off they don't like. Just press the "X" in the upper right corner of your screen  :P. I think this causes the "wegwerpmentaliteit". As soon as you are fed up with something, you switch over to something you DO like.  :P This is probably one of the reasons why so many people divorce these days, working out problems and keeping going trough harsh times just doesn't fit their mentality. They just want to quit because that's the easiest fucking thing to do. Zap to a different channel.

Are these technological improvements, such as the internet for example, really improvements? They only over complicate life, and dont give any happiness in return. Happiness is imo spending time with other people and enjoying yourself, but in this generation: you log on to facebook and press a few buttons "I like" and post a comment or two. Sickening :P . And before you ask, yes I had several alcoholic beverages. /rant off

Spot on.
Team Schering Oss NL

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2012, 03:12:04 AM »
In all seriousness I judge people by their actions
I dont think judging people by their actions is the most efficent way to evaluate another human being, unless we know someones pesonal situation deeply, there actions may not make sense to us, as we dont have enough information to evaluate objectively what their actions mean. Best to judge by their character - genuine character is hard to fake, you know it when you hear and see it.
V

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2012, 04:22:22 AM »

To clarify things, I have nothing against your person, but when it comes to politics, you seem a pretty nationalist (or populist?) right-wing person. I won't say I disagree with any of your opinions, but I'm almost the opposite of you.

'Why the hell do you think I'm a populist?
 I'm a D66 voter...

and I don't know shit about computers, you got that right... ;D

Marshdogg

• Getbig II
  • You look like a bag of smashed anuses. Backsmash!
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2012, 06:19:43 AM »
I like Bas Rutten, and while he is GREAT at sports martial arts, he should not be teaching 'self defence' against weapons.

I doubt he isn't qualified for that.

A lot of people need to recognize that MMA is a sport, it is geared towards rules.

True Self Defence is anything goes. Look at Krav Maga (the only thing I respect from israel).

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2012, 09:43:39 AM »
I like Bas Rutten, and while he is GREAT at sports martial arts, he should not be teaching 'self defence' against weapons.

A lot of people need to recognize that MMA is a sport, it is geared towards rules.

True Self Defence is anything goes. Look at Krav Maga (the only thing I respect from israel).

Bas is teaching things that would put you in jail in a hurry, very risky dangerous stuff but could save your life too.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2012, 11:33:38 AM »

Anybody who thinks krav maga is useful is a retard. MMA - boxing, thai boxing, bjj, wrestling, etc. is the only thing you should be training. There are no real knife fighting experts. Anybody who has been in more than a couple of knife fights would either be maimed or dead...you can't really defend against weapons

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2012, 06:17:43 PM »
Anybody who thinks krav maga is useful is a retard. MMA - boxing, thai boxing, bjj, wrestling, etc. is the only thing you should be training. There are no real knife fighting experts. Anybody who has been in more than a couple of knife fights would either be maimed or dead...you can't really defend against weapons
Good Post, it is hard to be considered an expert in self defense against a gun unless you have proven yourself, and how many guys you know can say they have sucessfully disabled an armed attacker - If anybody was qualified to teach - it is Bas
V

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2012, 01:48:52 PM »
'Why the hell do you think I'm a populist?
 I'm a D66 voter...

and I don't know shit about computers, you got that right... ;D

First off, good to hear you're a D66 voter. They have my sympathy, esp when it comes to the debate around privacy and their pro-Europe stance. As a bonus they have some good looking women aboard.

I don't collect someones posts for "munition", so I can't re-quote you, but I think you have a strong opinion about Muslims and the integration debate, feel free to correct me.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2012, 01:59:05 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2012, 04:29:07 PM »
  Not

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2012, 05:38:37 AM »
First off, good to hear you're a D66 voter. They have my sympathy, esp when it comes to the debate around privacy and their pro-Europe stance. As a bonus they have some good looking women aboard.

I don't collect someones posts for "munition", so I can't re-quote you, but I think you have a strong opinion about Muslims and the integration debate, feel free to correct me.
I think I should correct you, you may confuse my joking about everything in general with my opinions. I do feel that more leftwing orientated persons are more sour and got less humor than rightwingers. Righties care most about people they know, lefties about people they don't know. Idealistic leftwingers are political Calvinist, who feel they shouldn't enjoy themselves as long as people in Africa are still dying of hunger. I dislike this way of thinking very much.

And extreme left and right are horrible btw..

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2012, 11:54:13 PM »
I think I should correct you, you may confuse my joking about everything in general with my opinions.

Good point, humor can be confusing. In my experience, people use humor to express their honest opinions on a "soft" way, but in other cases just to make some noise, just because it's fun.

I do feel that more leftwing orientated persons are more sour and got less humor than rightwingers.

Judging someones sense of humor is very subjective. I don't think this has much to do with political preference. For example, I never heard a SP'er telling a good joke, but neither a CDA'er. However, I think liberal people have a the best sense of humor, just because they have less inner boundaries. Hans Teeuwen is a good example of this. Is he typical left or right oriented? I think somewhere in the middle like PVDA or D66.

Righties care most about people they know, lefties about people they don't know.

I agree with the first, but not with the second part. Left wingers tend to think in equality (liberté, égalité, fraternité...).

Idealistic leftwingers are political Calvinist, who feel they shouldn't enjoy themselves as long as people in Africa are still dying of hunger. I dislike this way of thinking very much.

There you have it, "equality". I think this is overreacting behavior. SP'ers tend to react this way. There is a man in my work, a very honest, humble and intelligent person, but he never made a good joke (well, as a getbigger, I have high standards  ;D). Though he's spot on about problems in society, I avoid him for his bitterness.
BTW, extreme right people also tend to overreact, by defending their opinions / culture in a verbally aggressive way.

And extreme left and right are horrible btw..

Horrible in what sense? The only problem I have with some(!) extremists, is that they think on a fundamentalist way; there's no discussion possible. Be aware of the fact that the whole political spectrum is filled with them. How many people are really open to debate things? Unfortunately fewer than you think, so many discussions don't make sense at all.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2012, 02:50:59 AM »
I think our opinions are not that different.. :)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2012, 03:05:52 AM »
I think our opinions are not that different.. :)

But the Dutch are ... ah..., never mind  ;D