Author Topic: Do you train forearms ?  (Read 9445 times)

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
Re: Do you train forearms ?
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2012, 05:52:34 AM »
People always comment on mine when I am holding full body weight.
Yet I have never trained them, other than when doing every other upper torso exersise.

PT

Why every other?

Stavios

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2012, 07:00:21 AM »
i always trained forearms extremely heavy and regular. they would cramp up so bad they would actually overpower my tricep.

but be careful Stav, the bigger your forearms are the faster they will burn out finger banging your woman - trust me on that.
:o

I'm fucked haha
most of the time I am fingering her fucking hard and she is just about to squirt all over the fucking place and my forearm gets so pumped I have to stop  >:(

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2012, 07:11:49 AM »
I like to train them by taking a curl bar and doing really slow movements like I'm casting a fishing pole. Gets a ton of blood in there. That's the only direct work I do.
G

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2012, 07:35:04 AM »
i never feellike doing them even though i feellike i should

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2012, 07:35:44 AM »
Wrist curls and grippers are great but you have to work the extender movement or it could lead to elbow pain. Kneel by a bench and rest your forearms on it and do reverse dumbbell wrist raises. 

Some guys with elbow, forearm,tricep and bicep pain can be traced to a unbalanced forearm strength.  Sometimes you even have to work on pronation and suplination.  Get a cheap dumbbell where you can put two collars on one end to hold a plate. Then twist your hand a couple of sets inward and outward.

I think the best grippers are from Ironmind. They make all different strengths and some I don't think most 300lbs powerlifters can close. 

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2012, 07:41:13 AM »
I never train forearms.  I am italian though and my forearms are genetically big.  Someone even pointed out in some pics I posted that my forearms make my bi's look smaller because of how big they are  >:(.  The only work they get is indirectly from me not using grips when I train.  I use Versa Gripps on back day because they help me contract and isolate my lats better, but otherwise I use no gloves, wrist wraps, or anything.

Stav, if you think the forearm pumps are bad from fingering your girl, wait until the CTS from hgh kicks in!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2012, 07:41:54 AM »
Great exercise as talked about earlier in the thread.........I made one and have used it off and on for years.

Kills the forearms like nothing else.

Wrist Roller

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2012, 07:46:45 AM »
Great exercise as talked about earlier in the thread.........I made one and have used it off and on for years.

Wrist Roller

Uberman?

Stavios

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2012, 07:54:43 AM »

Wrist Roller

yeah I have that at the gym but it kills the upperportion of the forearms

I am trying to the the lower portion bigger, were most of the beef of the forearms is

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2012, 08:00:46 AM »
Wrist rollers are great, i even use them when training people for boxing.

My forearms responded well to rollers, grips, hammer curls and reverse grip curls.

8)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2012, 08:10:18 AM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2012, 08:28:04 AM »

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2012, 08:33:29 AM »

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2012, 08:35:58 AM »
I think I'll start doing the grip thing, just gotta found some hard ones cause all the ones I see are the cheap ones from wallmart that a 10 years old can close 200 times

those things are for 10 year olds, try these.

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/Main/captainsofcrush.html

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2012, 08:38:22 AM »
never

Stavios

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2012, 11:19:19 AM »
those things are for 10 year olds, try these.

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/Main/captainsofcrush.html

exactly what I wanted, I'll buy those

8)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2012, 11:52:57 AM »
exactly what I wanted, I'll buy those

8)

Are you looking to build size or strength? If you're interested in closing some of the harder grippers I can help ya out if you'd like. There's a lot of things that you can do to progress faster.
from incomplete data

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2012, 12:02:39 PM »
Don't need to, your mom does all the work!

On a serious note, no. Do u think it helps with forerarma growth? I think it wud little if any considering all the backwork you do in the gym.
follow the arrows

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2012, 12:04:59 PM »
despite the fact that i trained forearms steady, my buddy had huge forearms just from gripping the bar on heavy dead lifts. he could double 8 plates with no wraps. his weak wrist (previously fractured) would give out when he would get 8 and a half plates to his knees.

if you want big traps as well you could do high rep shrugs with 4 of 5 plates aside until your grip gives out. hanging on to that for close to a minute will definately grow the forearms.

Stavios

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2012, 12:06:53 PM »
Are you looking to build size or strength? If you're interested in closing some of the harder grippers I can help ya out if you'd like. There's a lot of things that you can do to progress faster.

both

having a strong grip is important , and I also want huge forearms  8)

Stavios

« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2012, 12:08:12 PM »
Don't need to, your mom does all the work!

On a serious note, no. Do u think it helps with forerarma growth? I think it wud little if any considering all the backwork you do in the gym.

the way I train my back, I don't really train my forearms cause I only pull the bar with my fingers, kind of like a "hook" grip  so I can feel my back better

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2012, 12:08:43 PM »
Once a week calves and once a week forearms on my lower day.

Stavios

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2012, 12:09:45 PM »
despite the fact that i trained forearms steady, my buddy had huge forearms just from gripping the bar on heavy dead lifts. he could double 8 plates with no wraps. his weak wrist (previously fractured) would give out when he would get 8 and a half plates to his knees.

if you want big traps as well you could do high rep shrugs with 4 of 5 plates aside until your grip gives out. hanging on to that for close to a minute will definately grow the forearms.

maybe it'S just me but I feel my traps grew more more from doing 1 plate a side for 40-50 reps of shrugs and a few reps with 315-405 lbs and ugly form

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2012, 12:16:22 PM »
maybe it'S just me but I feel my traps grew more more from doing 1 plate a side for 40-50 reps of shrugs and a few reps with 315-405 lbs and ugly form

like arnold told a kid in the 70's (david cercia)

'you'll get a good burn if i shove a match up your ass, but it don't mean you'll grow from it!!'

Stavios

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2012, 12:17:13 PM »
like arnold told a kid in the 70's (david cercia)

'you'll get a good burn if i shove a match up your ass, but it don't mean you'll grow from it!!'

haha awesome :D