Author Topic: Stephen Hawkins: Theists Are Cowards Who Are Afraid Of The Dark.  (Read 26196 times)

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
Re: Stephen Hawkins: Theists Are Cowards Who Are Afraid Of The Dark.
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2012, 07:28:22 AM »
tbombs is smart

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2012, 07:43:10 AM »
oops

This is a little gem that was brought to my attention. 

I can not take credit for the beauty in the following information and will keep the source anonymous as to show respect for the fellow forum member.

It was brought to my attention that a gimmick here by the name of 'Cigaretteman' has been "nuthuggin" Suckmymuscle on various threads as of recent.. 

Well, the truth has revealed that the paraplegia-inducing, canine destroyer who just so happens to be a genetically engineered superhuman has been using a gimmick to reply to his own posts, LOL!

It's been an outing waiting to happen and light should be shed upon this fountain of truth.

Closely examine CigaretteMan's early posts and their striking similarity to SMMs posts and the truth shall set you, or better said him, free: 

SMM:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=4908;sa=showPosts

Cigaretteman:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=27918;sa=showPosts

"1"

pWnd

omg I can't believe I haven't caught on that earlier.. looking at the post history it's so fucking obvious lmao!

mwaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha, total outing, this is the icing on the cake, this is!!!!

SMM, I can see you're online, you little snivelling cunt, what's the matter, is the going too rough, now? ;D Is your monster 200 points IQ not of any use to you in this situation? :P

Come on lad, give us one of those famous 50pt font meltdowns ;D

Definately the same poster....can you say OWNED once again ?

GEEZUS,the shit just keeps on a coming! ;D

ROFLLLLLL hahah that gimmick account is so obvious wtf? how did I miss that?

Hahah , Onemorerep destroying SMM rectum.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2012, 07:43:47 AM »
 Actually, quantum mechanics allows physicists to make predictions with 99.98% accuracy on the behavior of particles.

Source on this?
from incomplete data

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2012, 08:32:08 AM »
How true it is. My wife believes all good people will either not die or be resurrected, and live forever here on earth. Of course its only people who are of her same religion who are gonna be saved. ::)

What religion is your wife mitchy?
R

chess315

« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2012, 08:36:12 AM »

physicists and people like hawkins usually go out of there way to kiss christians ass and twist words to suit them because the last thing a researcher wants to say is god doesnt exsist.  

It is very possible a creator dose exist in that we may come from other life else where in the universe but not in the super natural biblical sense.

Saying there is no god is a public death sentence much like saying fag,fatty or other such statements. Hell he has a line to the pope and has on many occasions answered requests to word stuff as to not say there is no god from the vatican. Which in itself proves how much of a fraud the church is to call physicists and try to buy them off.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2012, 09:28:14 AM »
tbombs is smart
Stephen Hawkins smart. Kid should have stayed in school.  

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2012, 09:31:43 AM »
Stephen Hawkins smart. Kid should have stayed in school.   

The school would have left then.

the trainer

« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2012, 10:30:45 AM »
Scientific people need to shut up, they know nothing of what they speak of all they have is a bunch of theory that they change everyday.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2012, 01:31:58 PM »
Scientific people need to shut up, they know nothing of what they speak of all they have is a bunch of theory that they change everyday.
latest word from God is that she is bored with this debate particularly among a group of boys not content with the body she gave them
c

the trainer

« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »
latest word from God is that she is bored with this debate particularly among a group of boys not content with the body she gave them

God is not a woman because if he was with all the mood swings that women have we would all be dead by now.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2012, 01:42:37 PM »
 This goes to show how much you know of cosmological physics. It is actually known almost precisely(down to decimal places) for how long the singularity existed before expanding. And it is known exactly what was it's composition one billionth of a second after it started expanding.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
 ;D how long did it exist ?

Not true. Mass can be created by quantum fluctuations of the zero-point field according to mathematical models of string theory that make valid predictions that can be tested and verified. And the fact that energy cannot be created in no way means it cannot have an origin explained by laws of pparticle physics that we don't know yet.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
"virtual particle" , maybe you missed that part of my post.  

Just because you don't understand the laws does not mean they are breaking down - there is not necessarily a god in the gaps.

We may never find the all encompassing theory of everything, that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
the current laws of physics break down at a certain level, meaning that certain basic concepts we previously agreed upon as being laws no longer hold true.. its not that I dont understand whats going on, its that NOBODY DOES.

its not that we may never find that theory, its that the idea of such a thing is completely illogical and necesarily impossible.

I meant - you'd have NO idea of what the word "god" is if there was no religion (with a DOCTRINE, that EXPLAINS it). Ok, let's take a god without a religion. WHat's that? AN entity.....to believe in? Uh...that's it? What's about that?

It's a logical falacy, called "Elephant in the room". Read upon it: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_Dragon_in_My_Garage

Oh really?? Just because there's a lack of data on a certain issue - it's somehow appropriate to take an indefinitely MORE complex explanation that hasn't been proven IN ANY WAY at all, as a "missing variable".? (that's basically what religious nuts do in every case when they can't explain something. It's an ACT OF GOD!!). Have you at least any idea what "logic" is, in this case?

not that there is a lack of data, its that data itself is necessarily incapable of providing any information on metaphysics.

why are you ASSuming god is so complex?

Science CAN explain reality, and it DOES, it's actually the only thing that does it siccesfully and is FULLY predictable and testable. I have no idea what are you talking about, by saying that, and I'm not sure you have it either..

SOmething that created EVERYTHING is a lot more difficult to explain (as the reality proves) then the evolution of the universe itself (which is explaineble perfectly).

the "evolution of the universe". which universe? what about the possibility of other universes outside of our own? what about universes that existed before ours?  :) nonetheless, science cant actually "explain" the evolution of our universe, it can only describe the events that happened. no explanation for why or how is reachable.  

So afterall - I have no idea what makes you (or anyone else) think that there "may be or IS something called "god" ". Could you elaborate? I personally have NO proof, not even remotely tangible one to even let that idea slip to my mind, aside that I've been lied to, like many people in some period during my childhood by people who were as clueless and afraid of death as many others..

as a child i was about where you and the rest of the athiests in this thread are at intellectually. not once in my youth at any age did i ever think that god existed and i always rejected it as a fairy tale, stories of magic, and a way for scared people to avoid thinking of death.  but my thoughts have evolved past that unsophisticated and unwise and foolish presumptious way of being. i dont know god exists. to say so would be a lie. just like if you said you KNEW he didnt. that would also be a lie. but my experience of causality , and other logical things, have encouraged me to believe that diety of some sort is probably responsible forcretaing this world.

But then where did that creator come from? Saying that it 'always existed' is just as plausible as saying that the universe 'always existed'. So in the end, all you're really doing is substituting one question (about the creator) for another one (about the universe), and creating an extra level of indirection, which would tend to violate Occam's Razor.
 i ask, lets say you are out in the wild and stumble upon a highly advanced computer capable of making decisions on its own and sustaining and reproducing itself. would you think it more reasonable to assume an extremely intelligent person was responsible for creating that computer than to assume that computer just popped into existence out of nothing and for no reason at all ?

surely both an eternal and uncaused universe and an eternal and omnipotent god are incomprehensible...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2012, 01:51:34 PM »
yall need to read this over and over till ya understand

oh, it cant. certain things are absolute. a circle is a circle. 1+1=2.  science, which depends on empirical data, can never speak on metaphysics. any assertion about the cause and origin of the universe and its laws its necessarily out of ignorance. science can certainly explain the mechanical cause and effect of the universe to the extent which causality exists, but beyond that point there is no grounds for experimentations.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2012, 01:58:52 PM »
tbombz, Why would you argue physics with a goob like suck men off?  As a radiation physicist, you can read through his cut and paste threads, and tell he has absolutely no idea what he is saying, my advice to you, don't pick on the special ed child anymore.   ;D

And my second question is for those that say scientist do not believe in God, there are several of us that believe in God.  Actually through my degree, I actually feel science has proven there is a God with the lack of answers that we do have!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2012, 02:02:19 PM »
tbombz, Why would you argue physics with a goob like suck men off?  As a radiation physicist, you can read through his cut and paste threads, and tell he has absolutely no idea what he is saying, my advice to you, don't pick on the special ed child anymore.   ;D

And my second question is for those that say scientist do not believe in God, there are several of us that believe in God.  Actually through my degree, I actually feel science has proven there is a God with the lack of answers that we do have!
i like arguing with people. its a hobby of mine.  ;D

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2012, 02:27:44 PM »
You can't really ask what happened before the big bang because time itself resulted from the big bang. Therefore, any cause would have to exist outside the scope of space-time.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2012, 02:27:55 PM »
i like trolling. its a hobby of mine.  ;D

I agree

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2012, 02:30:18 PM »
yall need to read this over and over till ya understand

So science can never find the answers but you can?? This is in fact what you're saying.
from incomplete data

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2012, 02:30:40 PM »
i like arguing with people. its a hobby of mine.  ;D
If you could only invest your prodigious logic, mental acrobatics and 'arguing' in a scholastic investment...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2012, 02:32:12 PM »

Ive noticed this, for some reason, many scientists like to insinuate that "scientists" dont believe in god, period.
Honestly I believe from reading responses and from dealing with people in general, that atheists are just as afraid of being wrong and comforted by their choice as much as they believe theists are scared of being wrong.

Think of it this way - whats more frightening, the though of non-existance, or the thought that if you made bad choices and were a shitbag in life that you would spend an eternity suffering?
I know personally, I fear the possibility of hell a lot more than I fear the thought of non-existance. Anytime I find myself thinking of the possibility of death, I find I comfort myself with the thought that more than likely Ill just go to sleep and never wake up.

I feel that when atheists point to theists as "being afraid to die so they believe religion", well, I see that as wrong in most cases (im sure its true for some). It's much easier to believe that you just die, and that youre not accountable in any way for your actions, that to think that youll be judged for the things youve done in your life.

The people ive dealt with in my life, the aethists always tend to be the more dickish and close minded, and simply wont even entertain the idea that they may be held accountable for what theyve done - and I usually get the impression that the reason theyre so stubborn is because they dont want to think of the possibility of some being out there judging them for how theyve treated people or what theyve done in their lives.
Most of the REAL spiritual/religious people Ive met (not diehard zealots who believe simply because thats what's written and thats the way it is, or ones who know theyre "going to heaven" because they believe, even if they treat people like shit) have been, in general, nicer, kinder, and more open minded (which seems backwards, I know, but this is my experiences from people Ive interacted with). Only reason I can come up with, is that theyve accepted that theyre being judged by someone for the way they live their lives, and believe that if they live their lives well, treat people decently, and make good moral decisions (I know there is a lot of gray area in "morals") that they will not end up being punished in the worst possible fashion.

Seems like the same argument can be used for the so called "die hard zealots" on both sides -
Many die-hard Atheists fear religion because they dont want to be judged by someone for all the bad things theyve done in their lives
Many die-hard Theists fear the thought of non-existance, or their ego cant handle the idea that someday they wont matter and just wont exist anymore.

Personally I dont get the whole afraid of not existing argument, the thought of non-existance does not trouble me, as long as I feel happy with the way Ive lived my life, the people ive touched, and the things Ive accomplished. Death is an inevitability, to me the thought of being subject to someone elses judgment is far scarier than the thought that I could make whatever choices I want in life and never be held accountable for them.
So I dont think the "fear of death" argument follows for many theists. "fear of going to hell/being judged" is probably more appropriate, as Im sure there are many out there who claim a religion and follow it just on the off chance that if it is real, they wont go to hell, but they really dont "believe". ::) :-\
Im sure that whatever god they believe in wouldnt be fooled by their feigned faith however, IMHO those people are only fooling themselves. Just like the people that treat others like shit but claim to be "true christians", usually the same ones who know beyond a shadow of a doubt theyre going to heaven, and tell others that theyre going to hell. Those are the same people who seem incapable of understanding how their choices affect others, they always think theyre in the right, and that their morally just, even if they make people feel like shit or treat them like shit. :-\

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2012, 02:34:07 PM »
So science can never find the answers but you can?? This is in fact what you're saying.

Exactly , science can't figure it out but he has at home I wonder why he hasn't claimed his Nobel Prize yet.  ::) 

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2012, 02:36:11 PM »
If you could only invest your prodigious logic, mental acrobatics and 'arguing' in a scholastic investment...

I doubt any 'schooling' is going to help him considerably. Sure it won't hurt to give it a shot but his issues stem mostly from a very bad attitude.
from incomplete data

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2012, 02:36:53 PM »
Exactly , science can't figure it out but he has at home I wonder why he hasn't claimed his Nobel Prize yet.  ::) 
Is bomz gonna sweep, or is he favoured in one of the categories?     ;D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2012, 02:48:07 PM »
Is bomz gonna sweep, or is he favoured in one of the categories?     ;D
pWnd.
Bombz is a good kid IMHO.
Once he gets older and accumulates life experience he'll probably be a pretty cool guy, he's already laid back and lets shit slide, he's driven and he likes to learn, even if he likes to try to debate and teach before he's actually experienced what he's debating.  :-\
He'll learn as he gets older and more experienced how much different things are in reality, compared to how they appear to him now.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2012, 02:51:46 PM »
  Inspiring truth!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

He's right.

He's also wrong. 

In a word:  Pragmatism.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2012, 02:54:29 PM »
He's right.

He's also wrong. 

In a word:  Pragmatism.
Hawking is just pissed that god was drunk when he was putting him together.
If Hawking had to acknowledge that there was a god, he would be acknowledging that someone INTENTIONALLY made him the way he is. Pretty sure Hawking is pissed at life for his ailment, id bet 1099870987 dollards he'd trade his intelligence for a working body in .000000000000001 milliseconds.