Author Topic: RECOVERY TIME and protein intake  (Read 4901 times)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
RECOVERY TIME and protein intake
« on: October 16, 2005, 07:34:18 PM »
i have been lifting for about a year and a half, and am still struggling to find a good routine.

right now im doiing a four day, repititous cycle, with out any reps.
it goes like this:
1.chest
2.arms
3.legs
4.shoulders and back

the problem is that my workout sessions are wayy too long(for my schedule at leasst). on shoulder and back day, im normally in the gym for an hour and 45 minutes. on arms day an hour and a half. legs and chest arent a prob, and are normally an hour.

a simple soltion might be to stretch my workouts to 5 or 6 days...and move it around a little bit. but, my recovery time is really quite astounding, i normally recover from a workout in 3 days. and im really killing myself in the gym, too. like, on leg days, i am never able to walk right coming out, qnd have thrown up before...arm days i can never fit into my t-shirt.....ect.

so by stretching my routine out, it would kill my gains.

so, my question is: would reducing my protien intake, slown down my recovery time enough to stretch out my schedule, and by doing so, would it hurt my gains?  would this be recommendable?
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
Re: RECOVERY TIME and protein intake
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 08:58:28 PM »
hour and 45 mins is too long i would say.

i think back and shoulders should have their own days.
what you think of this

1. chest/bi's
2. back/tri;s
shoulders/traps
legs
OFF

also its good are you killin urself when ur in the gym. however you need to rest to grow obvi.  but some people can do what you are doing and be fine, you would know best. how are you gains?
Valhalla awaits.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 12:41:27 AM »
1,5 hours for arms is too long. biceps for example is a pretty small muscle group, i dont think one need to hit it with that many sets and exercises, it also gets worked on backday etc.
Z

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 02:29:42 PM »
hour and 45 mins is too long i would say.

i think back and shoulders should have their own days.
what you think of this

1. chest/bi's
2. back/tri;s
shoulders/traps
legs
OFF

also its good are you killin urself when ur in the gym. however you need to rest to grow obvi.  but some people can do what you are doing and be fine, you would know best. how are you gains?

pretty good, actuall. i started lifting at 5'8'' 258 lbs. really high body fat. now im 6'0''(lol...stil growing) 235, and pretty dang hard. its been one and a holf years now...and now that i know all the exercises i need to do, and i know that if i want to be huge, i need to kill myself in the gym..my routine just lengthene p alot.

and abut the protein intake...would you think thqat if i was to do that, to reduce my protein intake, my gains for one routine "cycle" would differ thasn from my "cycle" now..just take longer?
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 09:02:35 PM »
hmmmmmmmmmm. man i dont know about that.  maybe someone on this board with a PHD could answer that, cuz i cant.  if i may ask what does your back shoulder day look like, for example? exercises set etcs
Valhalla awaits.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 05:46:19 PM »
hmmmmmmmmmm. man i dont know about that.  maybe someone on this board with a PHD could answer that, cuz i cant.  if i may ask what does your back shoulder day look like, for example? exercises set etcs

i start with military press. warm up set..then three straight work sets. then front raises. then upright rows 3 work sets. then side raises three work sets. then the machine that simulates side raises, but the pad is on your forearms. three reverse pec dec work sets. then i go to the lat pull down machine. three work sets. then i go to the bent over rows three work sets. then i do hyper extensions two work sets at high reps. then i go do shrugs...one work sets at three different postitions though.
d[-_-]b actin all cool