Author Topic: night working  (Read 2823 times)

jon cole

• Getbig IV
night working
« on: February 10, 2012, 12:19:58 AM »
seriously lower or destroy your progress at the gym, and your overall health.

i'm a night worker since 2007, and during off day or holiday i stayed on a night work sleeping schema most of the time.

the last three week i'm on a normal sleep/working cycle, can take regular nap, and full night of sleep and it's like a rebirth.

i can't stand to go to the gym, insane pump, strenght comes back, and despite i'm eating more i'm losing fat, every morning i wake up with a feeling of deep rest and fullness in my muscle.
it's like my 20's are back.

any night worker here ?
asstropin

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
Re: night working
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 01:21:50 AM »
Got a few night workers at where I work. Guy is in great shape and him and his friend eat their meals like clock work with no deviation. I guess to do that kind of work you get yourself into a strict routine of working and eating but fuck that. I have a friend who worked night shifts my age and he always looked tired but he said it was really easy money.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 04:47:27 AM »
I did Nights for about 7 years and it does wreck you. In summer it's worse it's hot and outside a lot of noise...so i had to use ear plugs. this was a reason why i got my own weights so i could workout when i wanted. it's not healthy  :(

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 11:24:56 PM »
I did Nights for about 7 years and it does wreck you. In summer it's worse it's hot and outside a lot of noise...so i had to use ear plugs. this was a reason why i got my own weights so i could workout when i wanted. it's not healthy  :(

during winter = no sun light for few month if you wake up too late
during winter = go to bed when sun is shining is hard
asstropin

SamsonD

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 11:30:41 PM »
I work nights, but I work 12 hour shifts so I usually work only three nights per week.  On my off days I go back to normal routine so it doesn't fuck with me too bad overall.

gatorr

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 07:44:15 PM »
Been working shift work my whole working career. 12 hour shifts 2 days, 2 nights then 5 days off. 3 days, 2 nights then 4 days off you just learn how to deal with it. My first day off after night shift i get up by noon and head to the gym gotta break the night shift mode asap. Very tired by bed time so it works for me.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 07:58:55 PM »
seriously lower or destroy your progress at the gym, and your overall health.

i'm a night worker since 2007, and during off day or holiday i stayed on a night work sleeping schema most of the time.

the last three week i'm on a normal sleep/working cycle, can take regular nap, and full night of sleep and it's like a rebirth.

i can't stand to go to the gym, insane pump, strenght comes back, and despite i'm eating more i'm losing fat, every morning i wake up with a feeling of deep rest and fullness in my muscle.
it's like my 20's are back.

any night worker here ?
Fortunately not. Being up all night would fuck my life.
T

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 06:37:02 AM »
Been working shift work my whole working career. 12 hour shifts 2 days, 2 nights then 5 days off. 3 days, 2 nights then 4 days off you just learn how to deal with it. My first day off after night shift i get up by noon and head to the gym gotta break the night shift mode asap. Very tired by bed time so it works for me.

try this too, breaking the night shift.
asstropin

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 06:38:18 AM »
Fortunately not. Being up all night would fuck my life.

some co worker who train told me that their gain are quasi non existent or slow since they're night worker.
asstropin

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 01:39:24 AM »
I remember always feeling drained and tired. If you are doing nights i would suggest a short basic routine and not a marathon session. You have to adapt and over come like Johnny Rambo... ;D

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 04:08:27 AM »
past 5 weeks ive done 12hr nights, 7 days a week,,,, your never going to grow or progress, you can tread water tho, which will do for now

i picked a great time to come off gear too!, made it doubly hard, havnt missed a session yet tho

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 11:52:58 PM »
past 5 weeks ive done 12hr nights, 7 days a week,,,, your never going to grow or progress, you can tread water tho, which will do for now

i picked a great time to come off gear too!, made it doubly hard, havnt missed a session yet tho
Fuck sake...you may as well take your bed to work. Now that is dedication if you still get your training in ;D

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 03:30:25 AM »
needless to say, im going back on the gear a month earlier than planned,,,, im aching like fuck... need the money tho so cant turn the hrs down

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 05:58:11 AM »
needless to say, im going back on the gear a month earlier than planned,,,, im aching like fuck... need the money tho so cant turn the hrs down

word of wisdom.
asstropin

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 09:05:43 AM »
I worked the night shift and swing shifts for 28 years.   One thing I feel strongly about is that it's not healthy.  Being awake all night isn't natural.  I found training before the night shift was the best solution.  Training when you got home from a night shift left me with no energy.  Then the adrenaline from working out interfered with sleep. 

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 03:38:26 AM »
I worked the night shift and swing shifts for 28 years.   One thing I feel strongly about is that it's not healthy.  Being awake all night isn't natural.  I found training before the night shift was the best solution.  Training when you got home from a night shift left me with no energy.  Then the adrenaline from working out interfered with sleep. 

i prefer to train before i go to bed... i agree, its a horrendous stress on your body