Author Topic: Scotty Bower's Book Full Service - Steve Reeves implicated  (Read 64345 times)

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
Re: Steve Reeves G4P?
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2012, 12:28:48 PM »
I saw an interview with Reeves as an older man, didn't seem to sharp, surprisingly deep voice.

Given the rumors and trends of the time i'm pretty sure Steve and his peers were all running test, pimping themselves out really wouldn't surprise me.

The whole bodybuilding pursuit really did evolve from the greeks and their ideals. Young athletic men and older "father figures".
Trans Milkshake.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2012, 12:32:12 PM »
No amount of proof can overcome denial.  If you want to be in denial, that is certainly your prerogative, but what exactly are you accomplishing by clinging to that?  Do you have some emotional investment in his reputation?  Why?  Watching someone in denial is often more embarrassing than the exposure of the thing they are in denial about.  :-X

How about starting with any proof? guilty by association. You act like there are no heterosexual professional bodybuilders who ever entered the sport did well and retired without a blemish on their reputations  ::)

You need everyone to be ' gay ' it fits your agenda

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2012, 12:51:12 PM »
How about starting with any proof? guilty by association. You act like there are no heterosexual professional bodybuilders who ever entered the sport did well and retired without a blemish on their reputations  ::)

My agenda?  What exactly is my agenda?   ???

Here is another question for you: what is the "agenda" of a man who trains for thousands of hours in the gym, eats like crazy, injects supplements to make his muscles grow unnaturally large (even to the point of risking his health) just so he can put on a thong and flex his muscles for an audience of men?  Or do you still believe the guy who does this is doing it “for the ladies”?  Is musclegallery.com for the ladies?  Connect... the... dots... my friend.  ::)  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=248135.0

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2012, 12:54:06 PM »
No amount of proof can overcome denial.  If you want to be in denial, that is certainly your prerogative, but what exactly are you accomplishing by clinging to that?  Do you have some emotional investment in his reputation?  Why?  Watching someone in denial is often more embarrassing than the exposure of the thing they are in denial about.  :-X
I`m not in denial at all,just because an author writes doesn`t mean it`s so.

Besides Bay,you thrive on shit like this.......it reinforces your mythical belief that all bodybuilders are gay!  ;D

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2012, 12:56:26 PM »
My agenda?  What exactly is my agenda?   ???

Here is another question for you: what is the "agenda" of a man who trains for thousands of hours in the gym, eats like crazy, injects supplements to make his muscles grow unnaturally large (even to the point of risking his health) just so he can put on a thong and flex his muscles for an audience of men?  Or do you still believe the guy who does this is doing it “for the ladies”?  Is musclegallery.com for the ladies?  Connect... the... dots... my friend.  ::)  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=248135.0

I don't see how anyone could argue with this...
Trans Milkshake.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2012, 12:57:06 PM »
I`m not in denial at all,just because an author writes doesn`t mean it`s so.

Besides Bay,you thrive on shit like this.......it reinforces your mythical belief that all bodybuilders are gay!  ;D

All gay?  Not at all.  They just like to show off their bodies--to other men.  Call it what you will.  :-\

A rose by any other name would be just as schmoetastic!  :-*

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2012, 01:16:44 PM »
My agenda?  What exactly is my agenda?   ???

Here is another question for you: what is the "agenda" of a man who trains for thousands of hours in the gym, eats like crazy, injects supplements to make his muscles grow unnaturally large (even to the point of risking his health) just so he can put on a thong and flex his muscles for an audience of men?  Or do you still believe the guy who does this is doing it “for the ladies”?  Is musclegallery.com for the ladies?  Connect... the... dots... my friend.  ::)  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=248135.0

Your agenda is to lump everyone together and draw the conclusion if this guy does it then everyone does it. You have something to work with especially when it comes to this ' sport ' but seriously just because you seen the seedy part of the sport doesn't mean everyone is involved

Lots of guys have made it through without being tainted by the underworld of bodybuilding's dark side. You want everyone to be gay and if they don't see it your way they are in denial about being gay , you can only see this sport from the perspective of a man attracted to other men and then draw the conclusion that if we are both looking at the same thing it means we are thinking the same and it's not

Croatian

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2012, 01:19:23 PM »
How do you think Arnold survived before coming to America?

He works on buildingsites !.Inform yourself !.
Franco explained a long time ago how they work as builders in 1968/9/70 & how they make mockery of
Americans who could not read/understand metric system  ;D ;D.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2012, 01:21:00 PM »
All gay?  Not at all.  They just like to show off their bodies--to other men.  Call it what you will.  :-\

A rose by any other name would be just as schmoetastic!  :-*
You are a funny gay man Bay!  LOL  ;D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2012, 01:27:00 PM »

All you have to do is see what these people did for a living and if they had a family with money who backed them. These guys with $100 in their pocket who fly to California to make it big with no job and no prospects and stay in cult almost 100% do shit like G4p to get by.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2012, 01:33:13 PM »
All you have to do is see what these people did for a living and if they had a family with money who backed them. These guys with $100 in their pocket who fly to California to make it big with no job and no prospects and stay in cult almost 100% do shit like G4p to get by.

That is still not proof!  He wants to see photos and video of Steve in explicit relations with another man.  And even THAT could be photoshopped or doctored.  Hence there is no proof!  ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2012, 01:37:27 PM »
That is still not proof!  He wants to see a photos and video of Steve in explicit relations with another man.  And even THAT could be photoshopped or doctored.  ::)

Or course it's not proof , it's proof because you have an agenda  ::) one reference in a book is all you need   ::)  seriously your standards are low because you already drew your conclusion based on the seedy side of bodybuilding , again everyone is guilty by association , it's the exact same when people say he was on steroids without zero evidence what so ever , well they were ' around ' back then and guys today abuse them , and he was involved in bodybuilding so therefore he was ON  ::)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2012, 01:38:34 PM »
That is still not proof!  He wants to see photos and video of Steve in explicit relations with another man.  And even THAT could be photoshopped or doctored.  Hence there is no proof!  ::)
Exactly!  ;)

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2012, 01:43:36 PM »
Or course it's not proof , it's proof because you have an agenda  ::) one reference in a book is all you need   ::)  seriously your standards are low because you already drew your conclusion based on the seedy side of bodybuilding , again everyone is guilty by association , it's the exact same when people say he was on steroids without zero evidence what so ever , well they were ' around ' back then and guys today abuse them , and he was involved in bodybuilding so therefore he was ON  ::)

Not saying it's 100% nailed down but what would the reasoning be for Steve's mention. I doubt if there are a hundred thousand people alive who know who Steve Reeves is, it's hardly worth the mention from a publicity angle.
Trans Milkshake.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2012, 01:46:59 PM »

Not saying it's 100% nailed down but what would the reasoning be for Steve's mention. I doubt if there are a hundred thousand people alive who know who Steve Reeves is, it's hardly worth the mention from a publicity angle.

who knows , Reeves is big in the gay community maybe they want to make him one of their own.

I just like how he is automatically outed because of one reference in some book. Like the guys who claim he was on steroids , they don't need much because it fits their agenda.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2012, 01:52:22 PM »
who knows , Reeves is big in the gay community maybe they want to make him one of their own.

I just like how he is automatically outed because of one reference in some book. Like the guys who claim he was on steroids , they don't need much because it fits their agenda.

I would just label it a possability, no real way to substantiate it, but his profession of choice and surroundings invite speculation.

Bay just loves fucking with you guys.
Trans Milkshake.

Jovo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig !
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2012, 03:15:47 PM »
lol @ proof, we have NO proof that ronnie coleman is on steroids, if fact rn has stated that " he ain't on no steroids" , are you saying he is lying ? I want proof of this if you are saying its true, other wise don't speculate.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2012, 03:26:34 PM »
lol thread filled with one rational thinking man, and a bunch of closeted homosexuals/bisexuals trying to flex their e muscles.
TEAM Nasser

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2012, 04:15:43 PM »
G4P?  Does that mean Gain for Pain, similar to No Pain, No Gain?   ;D

I think it is unfair to apply 21st century (im)morals to mid-twentieth century morals.  While I am sure that G4P is rampant in bodybuilding currently, I doubt it was prevalent before the 60's.  Reeves definitely posed for "cheesecake" photos; the evidence is there.  There is no proof, anecdotal or otherwise, that Reeves did any sort of G4P, so to speculate so blatantly is a dishonor to his memory.  If Reeves was still alive, such talk would be slander and he'd be within his rights to sue for defamation of character.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2012, 04:57:21 PM »
Oh yeah.....I can totally see how that would only be gay NOW......

::) ;D

Although he was talking about other photographs in another thread Gordiano’s quote makes the point rather well.  It doesn’t take a 2012 perspective to see that so many of those photos from yesteryear were in fact gay.  It is amusing to hear more than one of you insist on some kind of “proof” that these muscle/fitness heroes from years ago were swinging both ways.  You call for “proof” as if bodybuilders peddling their muscles just started last year and prior to that homosexual behavior among bodybuilders never existed. 

This all goes back to Sandow and even before...  :-*

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2012, 05:01:41 PM »
Although he was talking about other photographs in another thread Gordiano’s quote makes the point rather well.  It doesn’t take a 2012 perspective to see that so many of those photos from yesteryear were in fact gay.  It is amusing to hear more than one of you insist on some kind of “proof” that these muscle/fitness heroes from years ago were swinging both ways.  You call for “proof” as if bodybuilders peddling their muscles just started last year and prior to that homosexual behavior among bodybuilders never existed. 

This all goes back to Sandow and even before...  :-*

Bay what would you have done if you were born before the steroid era? With no larger than life muscle studs to satisfy your needs?

Fat truckers and lumberjacks?
Trans Milkshake.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2012, 05:36:51 PM »

Bay what would you have done if you were born before the steroid era? With no larger than life muscle studs to satisfy your needs?

Fat truckers and lumberjacks?

Think about it... anyone on this board can answer that question because we are all looking at the same men.   ;)

Bear in mind, even in the old days there were still muscle studs.  Our idea of what is huge today is different, but huge guys back then were considered huge compared to average Joes so they stood out and represented the apotheosis of the male form.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2012, 05:40:36 PM »
Of course Steve Reeves was BUYsexual. A drug using BUYsexual whatever the fanboys want to believe. Obviously nothing wrong with this.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2012, 06:24:28 PM »
Think about it... anyone on this board can answer that question because we are all looking at the same men.   ;)

Bear in mind, even in the old days there were still muscle studs.  Our idea of what is huge today is different, but huge guys back then were considered huge compared to average Joes so they stood out and represented the apotheosis of the male form.

No Bay i'm asexual, i can't answer that question. It's just a visual pursuit.

I suppose you are right though, you judge it to whatever the standard is.

But if you got time warped you would lack satisfaction, due to a heightened ideal, my big ebony cock munching friend.
Trans Milkshake.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2012, 06:52:02 PM »
Is it possible that Reeves made it big in Hollywood and bodybuilding because he woman like his pictures and movies?  90% of shit in America is and has always been "marketed" to women.  Women control 65 percent of global spending and more than 80 percent of U.S. spending.

Women made Paul Newman, Robert Redford, George Clooney and Brad Pitt rich too.  ;)