Author Topic: get rid of religion if we want evolve  (Read 24765 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: get rid of religion if we want evolve
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2012, 11:44:29 AM »
Do you honestly think that the US is trying to wipe a certain religion out, or just a certain group that reigns terror on innocent people?  All this is just a mask, while people behind the scenes get filthy rich.

I grace you with a response if you learn to quote the right post :)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2012, 11:46:09 AM »
not a wise choise of words when talking about free religion ;)

Also you've got to have a giggle at any religion that devotes a lot of time pointing out that god has given us the right of choice but in a heartbeat religion takes that away by imposing their own rules and regulations on them ::)

God: I have given you the gift of free will and choice - BUT DONT YOU FUCK IT UP IF YOU DO I WILL BEAT THE SHIT OUT IF YOU!!!

Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn' talking about religion, I was talking about a relationship with Christ.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2012, 11:47:42 AM »
Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn' talking about religion, I was talking about a relationship with Christ.

Not much of a difference ;) - ask any of your fellow follower and you find out pretty fast that they all have their own special relationship with god.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2012, 11:48:16 AM »
It's a good thing this memetic virus only affects the most mentally weak ones. The brilliant ones are free of mental slavery and can discover new marvels of the universe while the peasants sing in the church about Jesus.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2012, 11:51:39 AM »
Not much of a difference ;) - ask any of your fellow follower and you find out pretty fast that they all have their own special relationship with god.

Yes they all have a special relationship with Christ and unfortunately many of those fellow believers can't participate in a church, attend an organized church service or fellowship with other believers so many worship from their homes or on their breaks at work or wherever they're able.  Still, organized religion isn't a requirement for salvation in Christ.  It can certainly assist many in furthering their faith, but it isn't a requirement.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2012, 11:52:20 AM »
It's a good thing this memetic virus only affects the most mentally weak ones. The brilliant ones are free of mental slavery and can discover new marvels of the universe while the peasants sing in the church about Jesus.

The problem is (which proves a theory I have for a long time 80% of humans on this planet are not too smart) their numbers outweighs the once that want to rid them-self free of mental slavery as you said so nicely by infinity - There are simply too many dumb people on this planet.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2012, 11:54:05 AM »
Some people are just too smart for God...that is right.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2012, 11:54:28 AM »
Some of the most honest, loving, caring, giving, people I've ever met in my life have been devout Christians! I don't know why so many of you have such a problem with a religion that teaches morals, honestly, love, obedience to mother and father. If more people in America tried harder to follow the teachings of the bible we would have less welfare (people would give more to charity,food banks, and churches, you would have less welfare kings and queens) less violence (Christians should only use violence to protect their families and own safety, never use violence just to get things out of greed) you would have less divorce, more faithfull relationships. You wouldn't have all of these illegitimate kids running around, less stds. If anything we need more religion it would clean things up!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2012, 11:55:31 AM »
Some people are just too smart for God...that is right.

BLASPHEMY !!!! GO SAY A FEW HAIL MARY'S

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2012, 11:56:34 AM »

I'm not Catholic LOL!!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2012, 11:57:30 AM »
Ah, nothing like a Getbig religious or politics thread. Battle for the low-hanging fruit.     :-\

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2012, 11:58:58 AM »

Idiots like you take the worst things they can find about religion and just hammer on those talking points. Every natural disaster in the last hundred years the first people to respond with food clothes and money are Christians. They bring medicine food and help builder shelters in shitholes you wouldn't want anything to do with. Churches take in hopeless people that need positive guidance it gives them a second chance. Drug addicts, convicts, murderers, felons, have completely cleaned up their lives because of religion. What's wrong about giving people hope.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2012, 12:00:32 PM »
Ah, nothing like a Getbig religious or politics thread. Battle for the low-hanging fruit.     :-\

Add some weight to the conversation then. You just sound like a stuck up prick.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2012, 12:02:49 PM »
Acknowledging Christ as my Savior gave me fresh eyes and a heart more sensitive to sin.   It was as if I perceived things differently.  My sins were immediately apparent to me.  In moments of prayer and worship the Holy Spirit absolutely revealed himself and continues to do so.  It's amazing what a heart aligned with Christ and a genuine desire to worship and experience Christ can produce.  You may have heard the expression "the Holy Spirit washing over a person".....well, it's a very cool, personal experience.  It's that moment in which you know divinity is in your midst and it blankets you from the outside in....you can feel that presence and it's humbling.  Calling on the name of Christ is also powerful; plus, engaging in prayer and surrendering to the Lord's will has been an awesome experience.  It's not always easy to surrender, but when you finally recognize God's fingerprints and guidance in your life it's very cool.  Studying his living word brings even further revelation, but the washing over of the Holy Spirit is a very tangible, awesome experience.  Fellowship with other believers can also help a person draw closer to God....both publically and privately I've drawn closer to my Savior, but my favorite moments are quiet moments when it's just me and him - that's the cool stuff!

just be humble. everyone knows that you have absolutely no idea where those feelings came from. to you it seems quite obvious that god exists. it seems that way to me as well. i have experienced what your talking about. i didnt need go through jesus, i dont know if such a person ever existed. i came to god by way of logic, that something must have caused life to happen. when we come to god he gives us signs, but those signs require faith.  talking about god in certain terms is extremely off putting to people because they know you cant possibley be certain.  and when you go off on tangents about jesus it becomes even more off puting because thats something people know you not only cant be certain of by dont have any evidence at all to indicate such a person ever existed beyond the tall tales of the bible.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »
Idiots like you take the worst things they can find about religion and just hammer on those talking points. Every natural disaster in the last hundred years the first people to respond with food clothes and money are Christians. They bring medicine food and help builder shelters in shitholes you wouldn't want anything to do with. Churches take in hopeless people that need positive guidance it gives them a second chance. Drug addicts, convicts, murderers, felons, have completely cleaned up their lives because of religion. What's wrong about giving people hope.

Why do we need religion for hope? Understanding the universe striving to become a more technological advanced race which does not rape their own planet for fossil fuel living in peace and harmony should be hope not that your religion is the one and true religion on this planet.

Religion especially Christianity had its shot for over 2k years now and I think its time for change.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2012, 12:10:11 PM »
Add some weight to the conversation then. You just sound like a stuck up prick.
Like threatening to beat someone up? 

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2012, 12:12:50 PM »
I had to surrender and set aside my doubt once before in my life; fortunately Christ overcame that doubt.  

::)

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2012, 12:13:02 PM »
Why do we need religion for hope? Understanding the universe striving to become a more technological advanced race which does not rape their own planet for fossil fuel living in peace and harmony should be hope not that your religion is the one and true religion on this planet.

Religion especially Christianity had its shot for over 2k years now and I think its time for change.

When I was going through a bad addiction and I was strung out real bad on pain killers I opened the bible. I turned to a random page and started reading. I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders. I swear the verses were perfect for the situation I was in. I felt a warmth. It was a pure good feeling that came over me. I've had the pure evil feeling come over me to. There's both in the world. I cried that night and gave myself to Christ. I wouldn't of made it through being strung out that bad. I could of commited suicide or something. I was in severe severe opiate withdraw. The bible helped me get through it. I was sick for two months. I fell asleep with the bible in my hands. I'm convinced I would of ended up in a mental hospital if I didn't have it.

The bible lays out such a pure good way to live your life. I feel the holy spirit in me when I hear gospel music. It's hard to explain. It's an extra ordinary feeling I get. That's how I know christ is real.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2012, 12:13:38 PM »
Are emotions real, love, hate?  Can you see them, smell them, touch them, hear them, etc.?  Just saying.   :)

Emotions can be proven to exist.

But thanks for coming out.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2012, 12:16:06 PM »
just be humble. everyone knows that you have absolutely no idea where those feelings came from. to you it seems quite obvious that god exists. it seems that way to me as well. i have experienced what your talking about. i didnt need go through jesus, i dont know if such a person ever existed. i came to god by way of logic, that something must have caused life to happen. when we come to god he gives us signs, but those signs require faith.  talking about god in certain terms is extremely off putting to people because they know you cant possibley be certain.  and when you go off on tangents about jesus it becomes even more off puting because thats something people know you not only cant be certain of by dont have any evidence at all to indicate such a person ever existed beyond the tall tales of the bible.

I strive for humility and honesty. I don't always succeed, but I try; still, having certainty about something doesn't necessitate a lack of humility.  The only platform I've used for my discussion about Christ is my life - as open and honest as I can be about it.  I haven't pointed fingers.  I haven't judged.  I haven't attacked.  I tried to remain as none threatening as possible.

Again, the proof you seek is in a relationship with Christ; unfortunately, deny that opportunity and you won't have that revelation in your life.  Christians are considered narrow-minded because the path to salvation begins with crossing the threshhold of a narrow gate.  That narrow way is Christ.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2012, 12:16:24 PM »
And your proof there is no God?  And anything unintelligent, do not reply.

I have more reasonable and solid proof that he doesn't exist then you do that he does.

And if you have to ask what proof it is, then you're clearly someone who will never emerge from the brainwashing.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2012, 12:17:40 PM »

;D

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2012, 12:19:07 PM »
Christians have evolved. You don't see Christians killing people in huge numbers like Muslims. Christians who bomb buildings or whatever are outcasts/crazy sick people.

Dude, members of both faiths, or perhaps I should say self-proclaimed members of boths faiths, have and still do commit atrocities. Balkan conflict wasn't too long ago for example.  A more recent example is the Haditha massacre which everyone got acquitted for.  Can list many examples.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2012, 12:19:22 PM »

Good ole Dawkins and his memes.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2012, 12:22:43 PM »
When I was going through a bad addiction and I was strung out real bad on pain killers I opened the bible. I turned to a random page and started reading. I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders.

BINGO!