Author Topic: Seriously, what has this world come to?  (Read 13331 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Seriously, what has this world come to?
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 09:34:57 PM »
If 2 people started to have anal sex, whether its a man on man, or man on woman, id be pissed. You think its more acceptable for a man and woman to have anal sex in front of a child because its heterosexual sex?  ::) ::)

Don't be moron! You claimed it is useless to care what someone, i.e., anyone does in public. I have made it crystal clear that it isn't just about public gay behavior. Rap music, bums on the street, swearing in public, under wear at funerals. Remember that guy who showed up at the airport boarding a plane wearing bra and panties? Fine with you?

I thought you were smarter than that.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 09:36:55 PM »
You give the most horrible examples lol. Gee, they are bad.

There is a huge difference between a homeless person peeing and swearing  in public and 2 men kissing. Gee, you are a bad debater. Read a book, then come back and debate.

They are not horrible examples. Of course there is a huge difference. But that's to highlight your skewed concept that it doesn't matter what people do.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 09:38:10 PM »
SF1900.....are you opening the closet door ???

I have feeling this one has a lot in his closet that he so wants to get out in the open.

Seriously SF, are there things?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 09:39:15 PM »
Don't be moron! You claimed it is useless to care what someone, i.e., anyone does in public. I have made it crystal clear that it isn't just about public gay behavior. Rap music, bums on the street, swearing in public, under wear at funerals. Remember that guy who showed up at the airport boarding a plane wearing bra and panties? Fine with you?

I thought you were smarter than that.

Yes, within reason. You can't be that dumb. OF course I am against behavior in public that potentially causes harm to someone else. A bum peeing in public is unsanitary and him screaming and cursing could be considered aggressive behavior. So yeah, no shit Im against behavior that is deemed potentially harmful to others. I thought you would have realize that.

However, if someones behavior is not hurting or harming anyone else, who cares.

Also, 2 men kissing, which is why you initially started this thread is much different than someone going to a funeral in their underwear. If you cant see the difference, you're an idiot.
X

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 09:39:15 PM »
We've turned into Europe and not the good things.

QFT

Europe is like the canary in the cave.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2012, 09:40:03 PM »
They are not horrible examples. Of course there is a huge difference. But that's to highlight your skewed concept that it doesn't matter what people do.

Read my above post, you nitwit. Your religion is clouding your judgement.
X

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2012, 09:41:01 PM »
And that applies to a man and a woman. I dont want to see a man and a woman slobbering all over each other out in public.

Now you contradict yourself. It does matter how people behave in public.

I'm a horrible debater?

You're losing this one, honey.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2012, 09:44:06 PM »
Now you contradict yourself. It does matter how people behave in public.

I'm a horrible debater?

You're losing this one, honey.  

Of course it matters. A person raising a gun in the air in public matters.

A behavior is either acceptable or not acceptable depending on its ability to cause harm to others or self.
X

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 09:45:58 PM »
Liberalism is truly training the masses to accept everything that will be coming in the future without question.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2012, 09:48:28 PM »
A behavior being accepted has nothing to do with harm, it has to do with the circumstance in which the behavior is displayed.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2012, 09:50:47 PM »
Yes, within reason. You can't be that dumb. OF course I am against behavior in public that potentially causes harm to someone else. A bum peeing in public is unsanitary and him screaming and cursing could be considered aggressive behavior. So yeah, no shit Im against behavior that is deemed potentially harmful to others. I thought you would have realize that.

However, if someones behavior is not hurting or harming anyone else, who cares.

Also, 2 men kissing, which is why you initially started this thread is much different than someone going to a funeral in their underwear. If you cant see the difference, you're an idiot.

So you are against peeing in public solely because of health and sanitary reasons? What health risks are done when someone pees in the bushes? Has anyone ever gotten sick because of that? If it was done in what you define in a sanitary manner -- say we put toilet bowls right next to a bus stop would you be for people publicly relieving themselves as long as it is sanitary and they flushed? Are you against people walking their dogs and having them pee in public?

And once again, it was YOU that made the claim that you don't care what anybody does in public. You do care and were simply lying to yourself. Wearing underwear at a funeral harms no one physically. There are many forms of inappropriate and indecent behavior that doesn't physically harm anyone. It's the lost sense of propriety, consideration and decency I'm talking about.

And I can see the personal attacks coming out. That didn't take long. Your anger and frustration is palatable.

And I'm the horrible debater. Keep trying.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2012, 09:51:22 PM »
A behavior being accepted has nothing to do with harm, it has to do with the circumstance in which the behavior is displayed.

And who decides those circumstances? Okay, I agree that certain circumstances might lend itself to certain behaviors, but even that is more subjective. More people would agree that a behavior is unacceptable if it causes harm to others.
X

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2012, 09:53:23 PM »
Liberalism is truly training the masses to accept everything that will be coming in the future without question.

You fellas sound like you believe in capital punishment and private gun ownership.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »
And who decides those circumstances? Okay, I agree that certain circumstances might lend itself to certain behaviors, but even that is more subjective. More people would agree that a behavior is unacceptable if it causes harm to others.
Boils down to what some people find offensive or immoral, not just harmful.

You're hanging out with some buddys at a bar, you see two dudes in the corner kiss, who gives a shit right?
You're sitting down eating with your kids and the two dudes in the booth across from you start kissing....YOU may not find it offensive, but some people might. The circumstances are different and some people would expect a little decency in public displays of affection.

To answer your question, society as a whole decides those circumstances, as well as what is immoral or offensive. And to be quite honest, the majority of society is silent on these types of subjects so as not to be labeled by the minority that screams the loudest. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2012, 10:03:02 PM »

The same people who have always decided. US! I'm arguing and fighting against the steady lowering of our standards of decency. There use to be a time when a teenage girl didn't get pregnant not because of any religious or criminal restrictions. They were deterred by a sense of shame and family honor. It reflected terribly on a family who had their 15 year old girl pregnant. There was a sense of shame and dishonor. The idea of men making out in public was unheard of just a generation ago. I think that is a bad thing. You obviously don't. The cultural battle continues. And I have to admit, though you are losing this argument, you're side is winning the cultural battle. Congratulations. You really think you are making this a more better and decent society.

But for me it's not only about winning and losing. But about fighting for what I think is right.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2012, 10:03:39 PM »
There use to be these concepts called propriety, modesty, decency, consideration. I know people are different. I get that. But does it have to be thrown in our faces and crammed down our throats everyday? Every fucking day.

Remember that pic of the nurse kissing the sailor after the end of WW2 in Times Square?

This is what we have become now.

I so want this cesspool of a planet to end already.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/Gay_Marine_homecoming_picture.html?id=140626293

Excerpt from the article:

The vast majority of the comments have been supportive.

Tim Chung said, "Thank you for your service. Welcome home. You are so brave for doing that, especially on military property. In that setting, wow what a terrific day!"  

Ahhh look....just a couple "elfs" happy to see each other.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2012, 10:04:40 PM »
You fellas sound like you believe in capital punishment and private gun ownership.

I have been known to possess a gun or two. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2012, 10:07:15 PM »
Pellius - this is the best thing about America... that they are FREE to do that!!  In some other countries they would be executed for doing that... Thats what sets this great country apart...

Who cares, if they are gay and making out.... doesn't effect anyone but them!  As far as I'm concerned that guy just came back from war... what I imagine is one of the hardest thing for anyone to endure.... Let him celebrate like any straight couple could when they finally arrive back to their homeland!  

He's not hurting anyone in the process!  

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2012, 10:08:40 PM »
Boils down to what some people find offensive or immoral, not just harmful.

You're hanging out with some buddys at a bar, you see two dudes in the corner kiss, who gives a shit right?
You're sitting down eating with your kids and the two dudes in the booth across from you start kissing....YOU may not find it offensive, but some people might. The circumstances are different and some people would expect a little decency in public displays of affection.

To answer your question, society as a whole decides those circumstances, as well as what is immoral or offensive. And to be quite honest, the majority of society is silent on these types of subjects so as not to be labeled by the minority that screams the loudest. ;)

End of thread.

Of all the virtues that a man can aspire to: be it generosity, compassion, honesty -- even goodness -- it is courage that is most rare. People always SAY what they will do in certain situations when they see things that they know are simply not right. But in reality they do nothing. They sit in silence and hope someone else speaks up. Someone else will do something. Maybe then they will join in. Most times not. They are afraid. Simply afraid.

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2012, 10:11:35 PM »
Damn, I think I'd rather stay in a warzone than come home to a cock in the ass.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2012, 10:13:12 PM »
Pellius - this is the best thing about America... that they are FREE to do that!!  In some other countries they would be executed for doing that... Thats what sets this great country apart...

Who cares, if they are gay and making out.... doesn't effect anyone but them!  As far as I'm concerned that guy just came back from war... what I imagine is one of the hardest thing for anyone to endure.... Let him celebrate like any straight couple could when they finally arrive back to their homeland!  

He's not hurting anyone in the process!  

Again I'm not even remotely imply that we should pass laws against men kissing in public. But with freedom comes responsibility. You're young. I'm old. I've lived, experienced and compared different generations -- the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000+. Maybe to you seeing your son hand in hand with a boy is no different than seeing him hand in hand with a girl. To me there is a difference.

I do not think this society and culture is getting better.

Stavios

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2012, 10:17:14 PM »
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye cause another dude poke it with his cock

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2012, 10:26:55 PM »

Yup. Picked up a new rifle today.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2012, 10:31:18 PM »
I also want to make something crystal clear regarding homosexuality. I distinguish between the person and the behavior. I don't personally have any problems with someone being gay but what I am against is the gay agenda. To equate homosexuality with heterosexuality. I consider homosexuality to be below heterosexuality. But that I mean that all else being equal being heterosexual is BETTER than being homosexual. Now I know this declaration many will find shocking and accuse me of being JUDGMENTAL. But I am part of that declining generation that still believes in passing judgment. To determine and openly declare that some things are better than others.

Now this in no means is a judgment on a gay person's humanity. His goodness as a person. That is an entirely separate issue. There are many good homos out there and many horrible heteros. Way more so because of sheer numbers. But if my son were about to be born and God told me that it would be completely up to me to determine whether he turns out gay or straight. I would not toss a coin. I'd want him to straight. I would want him to be attracted to women. I think being heterosexual is better than being homosexual. But if he should turn out gay it's not like I'm going to suffocate him with a pillow at night. I will still love him as I would love a straight son. But I would not lie to myself and say I wouldn't have preferred that he turned out straight.  

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2012, 10:32:21 PM »

Yup. Picked up a new rifle today.

What kind and what State do you live in?