Author Topic: 2012 Arnold - Branch Warren should not have won - lot of hate here  (Read 12044 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: A lot of Branch Warren hate on this board...
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 07:28:14 PM »
amazing genes, great win.

TooMuchMuscle4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 07:29:58 PM »
''

agreed bro

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 07:30:09 PM »
exactly, throw in some ULTRA  hardcore, to the death training and its a no brainer....
H

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 07:41:54 PM »
At least he trains.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 07:47:34 PM »
Wolf looked better  but all the hype was on BW's "comeback"!  Much like Levrone when he beat Flex in 96 after he tore his peck!
((-::

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 07:58:06 PM »
A lot of interesting views on this thread... I guess I just don't understand why some of the things mentioned on this board would bother someone so much to elicit a negative emotional response...

Coach, I agree with you on Branch from a business persepective... He just made $130 K winning the Arnold and let's be clear that he didn't NEED the money

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 07:59:25 PM »
Sorry shorty...but I would kick yoiur Mexican ass to Tijuana and back  ;D

old groink is back :D
l

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012, 08:11:15 PM »
Here's my take on it.

He has a lot of mass, is reasonably ripped.  But his physique has no flow, isn't very symmetrical IMO and he looks like a bunch of parts thrown together.  His legs are separated but his upper body is not.  In some poses he looks ok but for the most part, he is far too wide with not enough wow-factor across the board.  He's got a wide waist, which adds to the overall blocky look.

Now those are just my opinion.  It's not hate, it's just the way I see it.  If you look at what the IFBB is supposed to reward, Branch ain't it.  But that's what happens when you have a lack of challengers who are in shape.

Guaranteed that if Beyeke was RIPPED he would have won this thing.  He has what I consider the ideal shape of a top contender (well, his calves could be bigger but whatchagonnado).

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Branch is terrible.  I just don't think that his physique should be an Arnold champ.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 08:13:57 PM »
I'm curious why??  Not that I am a huge Branch Warren fan or anything, but I have a hard time hating on the guy.  Can anyone constructively explain all the Branch hate to me?

who cares what getbig thinks there still mad at him for killing that innocent animal :D-meanwhile Half these pussies will never have the chance to shoot a deer in their life anyways, unlike branch and myself.
The fucked up thing and sad part is there really is no pros that us young guys have to look up to, I really am not a fan of Phil's physique, as much as I try to be I just can't. Dennis wolfe was awesome a few years ago, looked amazing. Evan- don't like his look I'm sorry but I see a fat kid inside who was not meant to be a bodybuilder who became a bodybuilder and was literally all drugs. Only three physiques I "follow" are kevin levrone ..sagi kalev, and groink lol....and I wish I was joking but that's what bbing has come to. . Few other getbiggers... no one and adrian look very good. I don't like slinpimp's he looks like shit to me.  He's the next Branch in the making minus the chest...mark my words. All in all Branch is not that bad, at least he has a chest unlike phil and evan. 
l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2012, 08:15:57 PM »

actually look at some VERY old pics of branch.... he looked fucken great at one point. Too much drugs now
l

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2012, 08:19:38 PM »
one big torn muscle patched up with oil.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2012, 08:24:17 PM »
I'm curious why??  Not that I am a huge Branch Warren fan or anything, but I have a hard time hating on the guy.  Can anyone constructively explain all the Branch hate to me?

no idea about his personality but his physique isn't that great for a pro, yet he still wins shows based on the corruption of the sport. i think it's pretty easy to see why people would be angry about that.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2012, 08:26:40 PM »
Warren practically makes Tim Belknap and Benny Podda look aesthetic....

Zé galinha

• Getbig II
  • gh 15 . o r g
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2012, 08:28:16 PM »
He just speaks too fast.... I can't understand a word  ??? ??? ???

this!, lolz.

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2012, 09:09:36 PM »
Here's my take on it.

He has a lot of mass, is reasonably ripped.  But his physique has no flow, isn't very symmetrical IMO and he looks like a bunch of parts thrown together.  His legs are separated but his upper body is not.  In some poses he looks ok but for the most part, he is far too wide with not enough wow-factor across the board.  He's got a wide waist, which adds to the overall blocky look.

Now those are just my opinion.  It's not hate, it's just the way I see it.  If you look at what the IFBB is supposed to reward, Branch ain't it.  But that's what happens when you have a lack of challengers who are in shape.

Guaranteed that if Beyeke was RIPPED he would have won this thing.  He has what I consider the ideal shape of a top contender (well, his calves could be bigger but whatchagonnado).

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Branch is terrible.  I just don't think that his physique should be an Arnold champ.

Curious as to if you think a ripped Beyeke could have beat this:

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2012, 09:11:58 PM »
Also note: that what you see with wolf is knowing how to balance gh and insulin and knowing how to diet properly with the combination going into the last few weeks of the show.

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2012, 09:12:24 PM »
here you go bigher (note: to enhance right click on picture -> view image -> zoom in  :D)

Curious as to if you think a ripped Beyeke could have beat this:

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2012, 09:15:18 PM »
I'd like to see a side by side of that with Phil Heath front double bi at the Olympia.

Stavios

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2012, 09:17:05 PM »
I'd like to see a side by side of that with Phil Heath front double bi at the Olympia.

apples and negro-oranges

two different physiques

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2012, 09:19:45 PM »
i dont think most people hate branch for any reason other than his body shape and his lifting form

Well that, and also because he's an animal killer who proudly boasts of his killings.

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2012, 09:22:23 PM »
apples and negro-oranges

two different physiques

Yes, exactly why I wanna see the side by side...

Stav, you're almost at 20,000 posts bro... does anyone on this site have more??  If they do, it can't be many people

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2012, 09:26:06 PM »
because Branch Warren physique is the opposite of vtaper?  BW legs and core ( or slingut) completely overpower his upperbody. Two, BW arms have not kept up at all with the rest of his body, I cant fathom a reason besides genes why his arms look so "small" compared to his other muscle groups.

Basically, no proportions at all to his build. Huge legs, huge core, ok chest but shit shit shit arms...especially for an ifbb pro.
all drugs - TPPIIP

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2012, 09:29:07 PM »

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2012, 09:31:18 PM »

I'd like to see this match at the Olympia and see what the judges say.