Author Topic: Girlfriends - Do you have one? Rough times?  (Read 26404 times)

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
Re: Girlfriends - Do you have one? Rough times?
« Reply #200 on: May 23, 2012, 03:18:32 PM »
I did function well alone. I didn't get married until I was in my thirties. I don't believe anyone should get married until they are past their twenties. In your twenties you don't know who you are or what you want. Now that I'm married I am a lot happier. I have my best friend who I know will be there for me in the end.

Yea I'd love to have that too. Although I'm slowly coming to believe that we all have one great love in our lives and some people get to marry them, others lose them. Everything after that will never compare really. Oh, it'll be good, but that feeling, that impact, that torrent of emotions you only get to experience once. After that, you settle as best you can. I lost my great love and while I've had wonderful girlfriends in the past that were good people, they just didn't live up to that benchmark my great love set.

But I still have faith.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #201 on: May 23, 2012, 03:25:41 PM »
Yea I'd love to have that too. Although I'm slowly coming to believe that we all have one great love in our lives and some people get to marry them, others lose them. Everything after that will never compare really. Oh, it'll be good, but that feeling, that impact, that torrent of emotions you only get to experience once. After that, you settle as best you can. I lost my great love and while I've had wonderful girlfriends in the past that were good people, they just didn't live up to that benchmark my great love set.

But I still have faith.

Approved.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Re: Getbig Survey....How many GBers have a GF/ BF ???
« Reply #202 on: May 23, 2012, 03:28:17 PM »
I don't have a gf, not even pussy on rare occasion of course unless I pay for it.  Get this a woman I don't invites me to Las Vegas, even rents the room at Planet Hollywood and guess where I got to sleep: that's right on the fucking couch.  That's how much of a loser I'm with women.  The woman looks like a brown troll and I got shitted on.  There's no hope, man.  Actually gh15 says when he lays out his protocols in the new website I can least one girl to fuck me for free.  Imagine that an actual woman that likes me and wants to have sex w/me, that'd be like a dream come true.

well, let's not shoot for the stars right away. i think you should be happy if after your protocol you can attract a wealthy "muscle admirer"

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #203 on: May 23, 2012, 03:28:43 PM »

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #204 on: May 23, 2012, 03:42:17 PM »
I'm married and happy. Wife and I went to the Hard Rock the other night. We saw a lot of single desperate guys hoping to gets some ass. Most probably went home alone. Most here say they enjoy the single life but I highly doubt it. Going home to an empty house every night seems like a lonely and sad existence.

I agree. one of my best friends was a confirmed bachelor for the longest time, good looking guy with a TON of money... and would give me shit all the time about how important my relationship is to me, tell me I'm nuts for being with the same girl, I'm a good looking guy, I should be out there with him knocking them down, my woman runs my life,  why do i put up with her shit. And she isn't even like that, she's chill... he was just soured to being in a serious thing

Well he met a girl 4 months ago, he's engaged now and she's moving in..and boy has his tune changed LOL, he can't shut up about her....and I've said to him.."see, it's different when you care about someone...you'll do anything for her, right?'...and he agrees with me.

I could break his balls mercilessly about his total 180, but I'm not that kind of guy..I'm happy for him and hope it lasts.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #205 on: May 23, 2012, 04:21:11 PM »
I agree. one of my best friends was a confirmed bachelor for the longest time, good looking guy with a TON of money... and would give me shit all the time about how important my relationship is to me, tell me I'm nuts for being with the same girl, I'm a good looking guy, I should be out there with him knocking them down, my woman runs my life,  why do i put up with her shit. And she isn't even like that, she's chill... he was just soured to being in a serious thing

Well he met a girl 4 months ago, he's engaged now and she's moving in..and boy has his tune changed LOL, he can't shut up about her....and I've said to him.."see, it's different when you care about someone...you'll do anything for her, right?'...and he agrees with me.

I could break his balls mercilessly about his total 180, but I'm not that kind of guy..I'm happy for him and hope it lasts.

Wow. Quick engagement. Did he have time to really think things through.. with his "tons of money" and all?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: How to get over rough times in a relationship?
« Reply #206 on: May 23, 2012, 05:17:15 PM »
You just break up and start the process all over again, letting a little piece of yourself die each time, until you eventually become cold and dead inside.
At that point you've become a man.

lmfao...So true

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #207 on: May 23, 2012, 05:20:43 PM »

People have to be mental to get engaged after only dating for months.  It's like marriage doesn't mean shit anymore. "Oh well if it doesn't work out, i'll just get a divorce and try again!"

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #208 on: May 23, 2012, 05:28:15 PM »
If you don't trust your mother 100%, you will never trust any other woman on the planet. It's not good, its not bad, its just the way it is.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #209 on: May 23, 2012, 05:30:13 PM »
I got a gf and we gonna have us some love babies!!!!!!!!!!
G

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #210 on: May 23, 2012, 07:12:14 PM »
Wow. Quick engagement. Did he have time to really think things through.. with his "tons of money" and all?

they are planning on a long engagement, not trying to make a joke.

He's  like that, a very decisive person

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #211 on: May 23, 2012, 09:11:37 PM »
Dating this gf for a couple years, she wants to get married, I'd prefer not to. I'm sure I'll cave if we're still together in another 2-3 years.
It's Hip to be Square!

Your Average GymRat

Re: Getbig Survey....How many GBers have a GF/ BF ???
« Reply #212 on: May 23, 2012, 09:16:23 PM »
10 years of wedded misery bliss come next October.
She must hate your fucking guts. Probably a fall down drunk too.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #213 on: May 23, 2012, 11:22:19 PM »
I did function well alone. I didn't get married until I was in my thirties. I don't believe anyone should get married until they are past their twenties. In your twenties you don't know who you are or what you want. Now that I'm married I am a lot happier. I have my best friend who I know will be there for me in the end.
Same here. Didn't get married until I was 32. That's when I was finally certain I could leave the fucking around scene. Got it all out of my system (the wife as well, used to be a bigger slut than me), so I never feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: May 23, 2012, 11:34:31 PM »
I'm curios as to how many people here are actually in a serious (1 year)...or semi-serious (6 months) relationship.

I ask GF/BF because there is Tbombz in the mix as well ;D

this isn't a contest either, or me trying to brag...I am sure there are other GBers with attractive girls...we are GBers after all...just wondering how many dudes here are in a committed thing, and how they make it work, what concessions and compromises they have had to make (if any) to stay in a relationship

Next October, we will be married for 48 years. Does this count as a serious relationship?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: May 23, 2012, 11:42:18 PM »

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=394976.250

:) :) :)

9 months and already engaged

;D 8)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2012, 11:43:22 PM »

Age has no bearing on when you find the one you want to spend the rest of your life with. I married at 20 years of age. I am 67 years old and still madly in love with the woman I married way back then. Like with you, she is my best friend and lover forever. Incidentally, both of our kids married young (in their twenties) and are still happily married.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: May 23, 2012, 11:55:32 PM »
If you don't trust your mother 100%, you will never trust any other woman on the planet. It's not good, its not bad, its just the way it is.

I married a gal so unlike the "gal that married dear old dad." If you mean by trusting your mother, you are saying she was faithful to your dad, then I would agree that I think you have a point in some cases. However, I also must tell you that it pays to get over it. Some folks spend their whole miserable lives blaming everything on having a "dysfunctional" childhood. Believe it or not, one is not committed to repeat their parents' mistakes. My mom had several lovers and three husbands. I married the girl of my dreams when I was still a kid. Next October, that girl and I will have been married for 48 years. She is the polar opposite of my mom....god rest her soul.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: May 24, 2012, 12:00:32 AM »
Ive heard that the woman you will be together for the next of your life is like an idol of your mother or something like that..like boys have their mothers as an ideal for a wife and marry a girl with the same personality and/or the same appearence.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: May 24, 2012, 12:42:11 AM »
looks like all of you come from dysfunctional families.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #220 on: May 24, 2012, 01:23:47 AM »
Age has no bearing on when you find the one you want to spend the rest of your life with. I married at 20 years of age. I am 67 years old and still madly in love with the woman I married way back then. Like with you, she is my best friend and lover forever. Incidentally, both of our kids married young (in their twenties) and are still happily married.

Whats your advice? (on life in a marriage)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #221 on: May 24, 2012, 01:47:34 AM »
I am single and happy.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #222 on: May 24, 2012, 01:58:03 AM »
Ribbed for her pleasure.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #223 on: May 24, 2012, 02:03:21 AM »
I married a gal so unlike the "gal that married dear old dad." If you mean by trusting your mother, you are saying she was faithful to your dad, then I would agree that I think you have a point in some cases. However, I also must tell you that it pays to get over it. Some folks spend their whole miserable lives blaming everything on having a "dysfunctional" childhood. Believe it or not, one is not committed to repeat their parents' mistakes. My mom had several lovers and three husbands. I married the girl of my dreams when I was still a kid. Next October, that girl and I will have been married for 48 years. She is the polar opposite of my mom....god rest her soul.

You suck dick while you're married.

Your input is worthless here.
P

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: May 24, 2012, 07:43:01 AM »
Quote from: A Professional on March 12, 2012, 11:16:47 AM

You just break up and start the process all over again, letting a little piece of yourself die each time, until you eventually become cold and dead inside.
At that point you've become a man.

Depends.
This is what happen to atheists who are unable to have faith in anything/anyone and who are simply told to fuck other people up to insure their own survival. Atheists have a great "magical" childhood being spoonfed and spoiled by their divorced parents and then growing up have a hard time realizing they re just powerless animals with very limited possibilities like all life forms on earth, reproducing subconsciously most of the time patterns they learnt from their own caregivers, and whose sole purpose everyday is to ...survive, facing the competition of other life forms.  Believers dont have that problem as they re able to give a meaning to their existence, are more low profile/humble, able to be satisfied with what they have instead of always wanting more. Basically atheists grow up the wrong way while believers grow up the healthy -psychologically, spiritually speaking- way. Believers enjoy shaping a better world and are working on it through every single of their actions and thoughts while atheists willingly live in a "free for all" kind of lifestyle/mentality every single day.

This is why religion is important; it allows one to get better with age instead of getting more miserable. Being able to say "this is good, this is bad, I'm on that side of the fence" , being able everyday to place yourself in the grand scheme of thing is just fundamental for one's mental balance.  Atheists think that all that matter is to dominate at all costs and that only this will insure their "hapiness". That life is absurd and it's only all about survival of the fittest/strongest. It's all good as long as they re in a position of power, it starts to get nasty whent hey lose that position of power for whatever reasons. Obviously when their strenghts start to disapear, melt over time, they re left with nothing else, as they developed no spirituality and global understanding of life, only a cynical view of the world that made them focus solely on themselves. As a result others dont care about them anymore, as they never cared about others anyway.