Author Topic: Did Ronnie Coleman ever use fake plates in the 800lb squat?  (Read 41094 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: have you guys even considered the possibility coleman used fake plates?
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 06:07:22 PM »
You love conspiracy stories, don't you? ::)

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 06:10:06 PM »
:D

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 06:10:16 PM »
Only checked 1! local bodybuilder of mine, and he does 682 pounds here.  ::)

go back and read what i said
Ive only seen 3 bodybuilder bench 500 on video... I didnt say coleman is the strongest bencher in the world
ive see a six plate bench.. and 5 plate benh in real life....
heck even i hve benched 4 plates and a bit
adrian benches 5 plates.... so i kno fll well there re strong guys ot there... im one of them
... for my size anyway
choice is an illusion

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 06:12:20 PM »
Yeah, I have no doubt the weights are real, the gear probably added #100-150 to the squat, also #800 for 2 would be around 825-850ish for a single for most lifters, totally believable for a man his size.  It jives with other lifters numbers, for instance Kirk Karwoski was a low mid 800's raw squat, could do #905 for 5 at a similar weight and similar gear as Ronnie, and could hit a #1000 x 2 (1003lbs was his official meet squat) -

So, yes, totally believable gym lift.

:).

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 06:15:07 PM »
What conspiracy,...if it's a staged event with a crew of stagehands,...of course the plates are fake.

Pericles

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 06:22:51 PM »
I've trained at that gym many times and can assure you it's real. Those are not fake plates.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 06:25:55 PM »
I've trained at that gym many times and can assure you it's real. Those are not fake plates.
Hi Ronnie.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 06:32:07 PM »
look at the bar speed in his 800lbs squat, if this is real he can squat easily over 1000

you are fucking tripping. look at the bend in the bar. Ronnie and fake plates doesnt equate.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 06:38:10 PM »
I don't think he got very much out of that suit at all. He squatted with a narrow stance and a high bar placement, which is not a set up for getting the most out of a geared squat. On top of all that you actually have to learn how to use the gear to get the most out of it, I doubt he used that suit often enough to learn how to use it to it's full potential.

That was just brute fucking strength that's all. Had Ronnie actually trained for a powerlifting geared squat during that time in his career, there is no reason why he couldn't squat a grand and then some.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 06:39:37 PM »
I don't think he got very much out of that suit at all. He squatted with a narrow stance and a high bar placement, which is not a set up for getting the most out of a geared squat. On top of all that you actually have to learn how to use the gear to get the most out of it, I doubt he used that suit often enough to learn how to use it to it's full potential.

That was just brute fucking strength that's all. Had Ronnie actually trained for a powerlifting geared squat during that time in his career, there is no reason why he couldn't squat a grand and then some.
agree
choice is an illusion

suckmymuscle

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2012, 06:49:00 PM »
look at the bar speed in his 800lbs squat, if this is real he can squat easily over 1000

You don't get to be 290 lbs at 5'11 with a medium-sized frame with 5% bodyfat by using super-sets, giant sets and drop sets with light weights. So no, I think Coleman was just as strong as he was shown to be in his videos. The cross-sectional area of muscle is far more dependent on the amount of force it can generate rather than the amount of time it can sustain work. To be that big, you have to be very strong. There is no other way.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2012, 07:00:47 PM »

I'm figuring #40-60 out of the suit, #30-40 wraps, #20 belt give or take. I don't want argue depth, but figure a bit for that.......

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2012, 07:02:31 PM »

Are you blind or can you not see the bar bending, obviously real

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2012, 07:02:55 PM »
plz stop pns

chess315

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2012, 07:19:26 PM »
a suit and knee wraps add 100lbs?

way over a 100lbs genrally someone  that squats 1000 in a double-triple ply suit is maybe a raw 650-800 it varies the bigger you are the more material used in your suit ,wraps the more advatage to you. Many 1000lbs squatters have missed raws well under 700. I give coleman is prolly gaining 100-200lbs from the suit wraps 100 is on the low side. SO that would be like you squatting 400 for a few reps raw. Mass moves mass

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2012, 07:31:46 PM »
Come on. IF there is one real BB, it is Ronnie C.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2012, 07:38:42 PM »
Thing with the suit is you have to know the model of it. To me, it looks like an older single ply, you will get something out of it but not the big jumps a modern suit provides.

Wolfsanglerune

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2012, 09:02:09 PM »
what some of you forget if you liked training like ronnie did lots of chemicals just make it more enjoyable.
that makes a big difference.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 09:04:40 PM »
a suit and knee wraps add 100lbs?

Yes, absolutely. Even though his Super Suit is not very tight, his training partners pull the shoulder straps down very easy, it is snug. His wraps appear new & tight.
a

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2012, 09:14:54 PM »
All fake plates. Ronnie was really squatting 23.458374 pounds.
X

jakesonyou

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2012, 09:24:06 PM »
He was a very strong bodybuilder no question about that.  But it's really pointless doing 800lbs squats at a low body fat so close to contest.  This is a good way to injure yourself and it's not actually going to help build the physique at all.

The time to be doing extreme heavy weights is months before a serious competition eating a caloric surplus.  As you get lower in body fat you should focus on lighter weight and more reps.

hope this helps

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2012, 10:40:52 PM »
He was a very strong bodybuilder no question about that.  But it's really pointless doing 800lbs squats at a low body fat so close to contest.  This is a good way to injure yourself and it's not actually going to help build the physique at all.

The time to be doing extreme heavy weights is months before a serious competition eating a caloric surplus.  As you get lower in body fat you should focus on lighter weight and more reps.

hope this helps
Actually it doesn`t help, lol, you givan advice on what an 8 time Mr. Olympia should do, now that is funny,... We had Ronnie over here for a guess  appearance a couple years back, he sold out on this video and he had brought 20 of them with him, think they were 30 dollars a piece (not 100% sure), that`s 600 dollars in 1 single appearance. My friend bought one, his exact words before he bought one was...ìs that the video where he is squatting 800 lb``, .....Yep,   hope this helps ;)

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2012, 11:19:22 PM »
Actually it doesn`t help, lol, you givan advice on what an 8 time Mr. Olympia should do, now that is funny,... We had Ronnie over here for a guess  appearance a couple years back, he sold out on this video and he had brought 20 of them with him, think they were 30 dollars a piece (not 100% sure), that`s 600 dollars in 1 single appearance. My friend bought one, his exact words before he bought one was...ìs that the video where he is squatting 800 lb``, .....Yep,   hope this helps ;)

Extactly, Ronnie did all that for two simple reasons...

To sell more videos,

and because he can.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2012, 11:41:38 PM »
No bro, giving skinny nigerians roids will only end in bloodshed.

Giving steroids to negros in general is a bad idea. They fuck up their kidneys, liver, and their hospital bills are on us tax payers.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2012, 12:10:03 AM »
there is a big, BIG difference between quarter squatting and a squat to just below parallel
if I was squatting to the depth ronnie did it would add at least 30kg to the bar