Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 13754 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
2 questions
« on: March 26, 2012, 07:14:35 AM »
In your belief/opinion:

1.  If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

2.  Do you believe in a Spiritual God and/or a Spirit World?
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 07:15:00 AM »
1. Yes

2. Yes
R

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 08:54:16 AM »
In your belief/opinion:

1.  If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

1. Yes
2. Yes there's some crazy shit going on.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 07:14:35 AM »

2. Yes there's some crazy shit going on.

Would you please elaborate (here or PM)?
R

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 11:32:37 AM »
Yes

Yes, but don't believe in ghosts (ex: my grandfather won't be haunting his old house).  Angels, demons and eternity after our death here on Earth....yes.

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 01:11:29 PM »
i have yet to see a credible first hand testimony of spirits...
there are some strange events but chance can account for plenty.
anyway, i love to hear these kind of things....

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 07:55:16 PM »
In your belief/opinion:

1. Yes. Lots of things happen when left unobserved. Tides go in, tides go out... who can explain that?

2. I believe in God, but I do not know what God is... I'm agnostic about that  ;D I do believe there is a spiritual dimension but I don't mean that in the literal sense, any physical descriptions of heaven/hell are probably allegorical.
follow the arrows

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 08:28:14 AM »
1. Yes. Lots of things happen when left unobserved. 2. I believe in God, but I do not know what God is... I'm agnostic about that  ;D I do believe there is a spiritual dimension but I don't mean that in the literal sense, any physical descriptions of heaven/hell are probably allegorical.

haider I always thought you were Muslim.

"Tides go in, tides go out... who can explain that?"  ;D
R

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 03:16:23 PM »
1. Yes. Lots of things happen when left unobserved. Tides go in, tides go out... who can explain that?

2. I believe in God, but I do not know what God is... I'm agnostic about that  ;D I do believe there is a spiritual dimension but I don't mean that in the literal sense, any physical descriptions of heaven/hell are probably allegorical.

you have come a long way for the retard you were, the shitty thing is your iq is just right above retard so you receive none of the retard ability, no mong strength, you are just a low grade mental midget in a juvenile diabetes coma, that's where you are.

YOU SON OF A BITHC!!!!!!2

Hairdo say haiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 03:19:07 PM »

1. bill o'reilly

2. oh agnostic about that one irrationality huh? what about that first one there, faith as you outlined in the first four words.

autism

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 08:50:46 PM »
you have come a long way for the retard you were, the shitty thing is your iq is just right above retard so you receive none of the retard ability, no mong strength, you are just a low grade mental midget in a juvenile diabetes coma, that's where you are.

YOU SON OF A BITHC!!!!!!2

Hairdo say haiiiiiiiiiiiiii
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

:'(

If it wasn't for the lax moderation I'd never have to read that  :'(

In all seriousness I can't stop laughing  ;D
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 08:58:35 PM »
1. bill o'reilly

2. oh agnostic about that one irrationality huh? what about that first one there, faith as you outlined in the first four words.

autism
didn't want it to turn into a debate thread. much rather discuss that through PM anyway... but I think the atheist/theist argument centers around a certain conception of god that not all people ascribe to.

To put my views plainly, I believe in a divine source... God, or whatever you wanna call it. I just don't know what the spiritual traditions mean by 'God'. Buddhism, which I accept as a true religion does not even have the concept of God, but its core teachings are essentially the same as Islam.

bitch.
follow the arrows

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 08:06:36 AM »
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

:'(

If it wasn't for the lax moderation I'd never have to read that  :'(

In all seriousness I can't stop laughing  ;D

Lax moderation Lulz.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 08:13:24 AM »
didn't want it to turn into a debate thread. much rather discuss that through PM anyway... but I think the atheist/theist argument centers around a certain conception of god that not all people ascribe to.

To put my views plainly, I believe in a divine source... God, or whatever you wanna call it. I just don't know what the spiritual traditions mean by 'God'. Buddhism, which I accept as a true religion does not even have the concept of God, but its core teachings are essentially the same as Islam.

bitch.

I can dig this, I too feel the sense of awe and wonder and see Love as god.

I was going to PM you but this argument is an interesting one. Lets see what people think of it's implications and the possibility that it is true.

This is a very valid argument from a neuroscience perspective. Basically if you understand or make the leap that humans will eventually be able to create consciousness, as it appears it is simply an organizational thing. Then simulated universes will actually outnumber real ones, such that it is more likely that we are a simulation. The fact that error code has been found within the equations that explain the universe is startling to me. There are only a couple people who actually understand what this man is talking about so all i can offer is conjecture. Watch the vid, its super interesting. It indicates that the universe operates on a binary code, and that error code has been inserted to reduce the loss of information just like in computers.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 08:29:35 AM »

more to the point.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 07:18:14 PM »
I can dig this, I too feel the sense of awe and wonder and see Love as god.

I was going to PM you but this argument is an interesting one. Lets see what people think of it's implications and the possibility that it is true.

This is a very valid argument from a neuroscience perspective. Basically if you understand or make the leap that humans will eventually be able to create consciousness, as it appears it is simply an organizational thing. Then simulated universes will actually outnumber real ones, such that it is more likely that we are a simulation. The fact that error code has been found within the equations that explain the universe is startling to me. There are only a couple people who actually understand what this man is talking about so all i can offer is conjecture. Watch the vid, its super interesting. It indicates that the universe operates on a binary code, and that error code has been inserted to reduce the loss of information just like in computers.

Yea I came across this discussion when I was searching for muscle bears browsing on youtube once, I believe it was a talk about the progress on string theory in the last decade. I don't know what to make of the clip you posted lol, but Smolin's criticism of reality not being math because of the existence of time is interesting (because you cannot take time into account in these equations). The idea that the universe is an illusion is something i've come across before..For example, Ibn El-arabi, a great Sufi of the 11th century something along the lines of "The universe is essentially imagination". Elsewhere I have come across the idea that what collapses the wave function in quantum mechanics is consciousness, and therefore you need consciousness for something to exist.

I don't know what the fuck this all means, in the end you still have to make a living and pay your bills  :'(
follow the arrows

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 07:35:40 PM »
I believe whatever the bible says.

It's obviously one hundred percent correct. Especially the part about the dinosaurs.
G

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 05:26:41 AM »
Yea I came across this discussion when I was searching for muscle bears browsing on youtube once, I believe it was a talk about the progress on string theory in the last decade. I don't know what to make of the clip you posted lol, but Smolin's criticism of reality not being math because of the existence of time is interesting (because you cannot take time into account in these equations). The idea that the universe is an illusion is something i've come across before..For example, Ibn El-arabi, a great Sufi of the 11th century something along the lines of "The universe is essentially imagination". Elsewhere I have come across the idea that what collapses the wave function in quantum mechanics is consciousness, and therefore you need consciousness for something to exist.

I don't know what the fuck this all means, in the end you still have to make a living and pay your bills  :'(

basically what he is saying is that there is a very very specific type of error blocking code embedded within the math of string theory, namely in supersymmetric things (the universe is one such thing). So basically strings may be binary code and whoever designed this program (im speaking as if it were true) put an error code into the fabric of the universe, seemingly to keep things running smooth, ie the laws of physics. Some arguments were put forth about refresh rate and its maximal speed being the speed of light, but apparently we have exceeded the speed of light on two occasions now. Also, i would like to say that there is another finding which is ultra interesting namely that when atoms are frozen they behave immensely different then "normal" atoms, its called exotic states and we still don't know the implications.

I get what your saying about sufi philosophy and illusion but I just can't dig it unless there is evidence, my mind won't allow it. Although i don't believe in ghosts etc i watch videos of that shit all the time, lol, I'm a grown ass man with the mind of a 10 year old. :D

then bostrom the neurophilosopher makes the simulation argument and it is quite convincing but a overwhelming sense of no fuck just came over me and i'm going to cease writing.. now.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 06:32:44 AM »
1. Yes. I believe there are scientific principles at work when a tree falls, regardless of who is or isn't around.

2. Not at the moment

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 09:05:50 AM »
1 - Yes
2 - I believe in the Big Bang Theory.  Even if there is a God, where did he/she/it come from?  There was not one before and suddenly there is one now?  That is a Big Bang Theory all in itself.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 12:47:58 PM »
basically what he is saying is that there is a very very specific type of error blocking code embedded within the math of string theory, namely in supersymmetric things (the universe is one such thing). So basically strings may be binary code and whoever designed this program (im speaking as if it were true) put an error code into the fabric of the universe, seemingly to keep things running smooth, ie the laws of physics. Some arguments were put forth about refresh rate and its maximal speed being the speed of light, but apparently we have exceeded the speed of light on two occasions now. Also, i would like to say that there is another finding which is ultra interesting namely that when atoms are frozen they behave immensely different then "normal" atoms, its called exotic states and we still don't know the implications.

I get what your saying about sufi philosophy and illusion but I just can't dig it unless there is evidence, my mind won't allow it. Although i don't believe in ghosts etc i watch videos of that shit all the time, lol, I'm a grown ass man with the mind of a 10 year old. :D

then bostrom the neurophilosopher makes the simulation argument and it is quite convincing but a overwhelming sense of no fuck just came over me and i'm going to cease writing.. now.
name the exact location of the bolded peice of information, bro.

I don't understand how there is code found within the math of superstring theory, but your proposal that the error code has been inserted to block loss of information sounds... theistic to say the least  ;D Regarding belief in this or that theory of reality- ofcourse nothing should be accepted without evidence. I don't have much to add to this debate, so i'm glad you ceased writing your run-on sentences and psuedophilosophical garbage.
follow the arrows

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 01:34:56 AM »
Why did god tell Herman Cain to run for president and why did god tell Bush to invade Iraq?

G

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 06:47:52 AM »
Why did God ignore Palins prayers to end the Gulf oil spill?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 07:48:43 AM »
1 - Yes
2 - I believe in the Big Bang Theory.  Even if there is a God, where did he/she/it come from?  There was not one before and suddenly there is one now?  That is a Big Bang Theory all in itself.

Many people believe that God is eternal...that He always existed and always will.
R

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 08:23:19 AM »
Many people believe that God is eternal...that He always existed and always will.

and many believe there was always matter, it always existed, always will..