Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 13761 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: 2 questions
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2012, 04:58:06 PM »
and many believe there was always matter, it always existed, always will..
So maybe God = matter?  :o

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2012, 07:55:50 AM »
In your belief/opinion:

1.  If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

2.  Do you believe in a Spiritual God and/or a Spirit World?

To the first, yes.  Why?  For the same reason if you were to walk in to a room but no one was there to see you, you would still be present.

To the second, also yes.  Why?  One need not see some one to know they exist.  For example, some people have read the New Testament and have come to believe that Christ exists.  They have only read His words but never have they seen him and still, they believe.  Here on a forum such as this and many others on the net, we can read the words of many, many different people.  More than not, we shall never meet these folks and yet through their words we know that they exist.

As is my way, I am not come here to argue but simply to state what I hold true as best I can.  Hopefully my words will resonate with those that choose to read them. If they do, then they will remain written not only here, but upon them as well.  If not?  No problem. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2012, 08:15:50 AM »
To the first, yes.  Why?  For the same reason if you were to walk in to a room but no one was there to see you, you would still be present.

To the second, also yes.  Why?  One need not see some one to know they exist.  For example, some people have read the New Testament and have come to believe that Christ exists.  They have only read His words but never have they seen him and still, they believe.  Here on a forum such as this and many others on the net, we can read the words of many, many different people.  More than not, we shall never meet these folks and yet through their words we know that they exist.

As is my way, I am not come here to argue but simply to state what I hold true as best I can.  Hopefully my words will resonate with those that choose to read them. If they do, then they will remain written not only here, but upon them as well.  If not?  No problem. 

It's apples and oranges on your second point. If my observation resonates with you, fine, if not, may you find peace and prosper..

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2012, 08:16:43 AM »
I'm arsing around stella old girl.

Ahhh! :)

Glad you are here and look forward to reading your posts!
R

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2012, 10:55:45 AM »
It's apples and oranges on your second point. If my observation resonates with you, fine, if not, may you find peace and prosper..

That it is, my friend.  Both are made to be taken in and "digested", albeit in this case mentally if you will.  Ultimately each person will choose that which they find more palatable, easier to digest/believe in.  It is what it is and that is the way of the world.

I tend to look at both sides of the coin and as with all such matters, the choice is up to the individual.  It harms no one that I believe in Christ, just as it harms no one if another chooses not to. 

I appreciate your blessing and wish the same for you and yours.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2012, 10:56:59 AM »
Ahhh! :)

Glad you are here and look forward to reading your posts!

Thanks.  I shall try not to make a fool of my self, but be aware that it does occur.   ;D