Author Topic: Obama vs Romney  (Read 70273 times)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Re: Obama vs Romney
« Reply #925 on: October 29, 2012, 07:00:25 AM »
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #926 on: October 29, 2012, 07:25:51 AM »

LOL

The bullshit fake naratives you idiots believe in is hysterical. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #927 on: October 29, 2012, 07:29:15 AM »

LOL

so romney is not a flipfloper  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D   get your lips off his nutsack  :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #928 on: October 29, 2012, 07:33:45 AM »

so romney is not a flipfloper  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D   get your lips off his nutsack  :D

flip flopper is better than a dedicated communist traitor and piece of kenyan rat turd like obama 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #929 on: October 29, 2012, 07:35:13 AM »
flip flopper is better than a dedicated communist traitor and piece of kenyan rat turd like obama 
How would you know?

You have no idea what Mitt Romney would show up to the White House.

G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #930 on: October 29, 2012, 07:38:44 AM »
How would you know?

You have no idea what Mitt Romney would show up to the White House.

Correct - but i do know what that ghetto mook obama is all about and am glad to take my chances. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #931 on: October 29, 2012, 07:39:19 AM »

Why do you hate succes?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #932 on: October 30, 2012, 09:09:49 AM »
NPR: 8-point swing puts Romney in front

October 30, 2012 | 9:28 am
416Comments

Paul Bedard

Washington Secrets
The Washington Examiner
E@SecretsBedard

Popular in Politics

1Obama dispatches election lawyers 'all across the country'
2York: With week to go, Team Romney is upbeat about Ohio
3$1.5B contract in Iraq for Biden’s little brother exposes Obama ahead of debate
4Atlantic City mayor challenges Gov. Christie to ‘mano-a-mano’ confrontation
5Photo: Ground Zero construction site flooded in New York City

AP Photo
A new National Public Radio poll, which had President Obama leading Mitt Romney 51 percent to 44 percent four weeks ago, now has Mitt Romney on top, 48 percent to 47 percent, with the Republican benefiting from his debate performances.

The poll found that among likely voters, 34 percent said Romney's debate performances made them more likely to vote for the challenger while 28 percent said they now are more likely to vote for the president. Among critical independent voters, though, Romney won big, with 37 percent saying they are now more likely to chose him compared to 21 percent for Obama.

But Democratic pollster Stanley Greenberg and Republican pollster Whit Ayres found that Obama leads by 4 points in the 12 battleground states that appear ready to pick the winner for the rest of the country next Tuesday. And they suggest that Romney's post-debate surge has "stalled."

The duo surveyed 1,000 likely voters nationwide with an over-sampling in 12 battleground states: Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin. The poll was conducted Tuesday through Thursday (October 23-25). The margin of error is 3 percentage points for the national sample, and 4.5 percentage points for the smaller subsample (462 respondents) in the battleground states. The sample was 35 percent Democrat, 31 percent Republican.

Ayers said that Romney is doing particularly well among independent voters. According to NPR, "most of the gains for Romney have come from independents, who went from favoring Romney by a few points before the debates to favoring him 51% to 39% after the debates."

Ayres added, "So were it not for the debates, I think Obama would be cruising to a victory right now. Because of the debates, this is going to be an incredibly close election."

Romney also beat Obama as the candidate best prepared to handle the issues of jobs, the deficit and taxes, but Obama won on more issues: health care, Medicare, foreign policy and national security.

What's more, those polled said that Obama, by a 55 percent to 44 percent margin, has spelled out a clear agenda for the nation

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #933 on: October 31, 2012, 07:48:44 PM »
Karl Rove’s prediction: Romney 51, Obama 48
posted at 9:27 pm on October 31, 2012 by Allahpundit

A shot of optimism after a day of eeyorish state polls. How does Rove arrive at this result when eight of the last nine Ohio surveys have O ahead? In two steps: (1) He clearly trusts the national data over the state data, and (2) he cites historical numbers showing that incumbents recently have tended to overperform their national polling on election day by only one percent or so. Obama’s tied with Romney in the RCP national average tonight at 47.4. If, per the historical data, O’s ceiling is therefore at 48 percent, then it follows that most everyone else will break for Romney and that his national advantage will carry him to narrow wins in the states he needs.

As for Ohio:

Adrian Gray, who oversaw the Bush 2004 voter-contact operation and is now a policy analyst for a New York investment firm, makes the point that as of Tuesday, 530,813 Ohio Democrats had voted early or had requested or cast an absentee ballot. That’s down 181,275 from four years ago. But 448,357 Ohio Republicans had voted early or had requested or cast an absentee ballot, up 75,858 from the last presidential election.

That 257,133-vote swing almost wipes out Mr. Obama’s 2008 Ohio victory margin of 262,224. Since most observers expect Republicans to win Election Day turnout, these early vote numbers point toward a Romney victory in Ohio. They are also evidence that Scott Jennings, my former White House colleague and now Romney Ohio campaign director, was accurate when he told me that the Buckeye GOP effort is larger than the massive Bush 2004 get-out-the-vote operation.

Democrats explain away those numbers by saying that they are turning out new young Ohio voters. But I asked Kelly Nallen, the America Crossroads data maven, about this. She points out that there are 12,612 GOP “millennials” (voters aged 18-29) who’ve voted early compared with 9,501 Democratic millennials.

Are Democrats bringing out episodic voters who might not otherwise turn out? Not according to Ms. Nallen. She says that about 90% of each party’s early voters so far had also voted in three of the past four Ohio elections.

In other words, the dam that O’s built among early voters simply isn’t tall enough to hold back the red tide next Tuesday. One caveat to Rove’s point about the national numbers, though: According to RCP, Obama’s either tied or ahead in seven of the last 10 national polls taken. Romney still leads in Rasmussen and Gallup, and in only three of those 10 does Obama reach 49 percent or higher, but things have evened out a bit after Romney’s post-Denver debate surge. Case in point is the new Fox News poll tonight, which has the race dead even at 46 after Romney led by a point in early October. The topline number is not so good for Mitt, but the fundamentals are:

Independents give the edge to Romney by seven percentage points (46-39 percent). That’s down from a 12-point advantage in early October…

Among the subgroup of most interested voters, those who are “extremely” interested in the election, Romney leads Obama by 53-42 percent…

Romney’s supporters continue to be more enthusiastic: 69 percent say it’s extremely important he win, while 59 percent of those backing Obama feel that way.
Romney also leads on this metric, which will hopefully influence a lot of undecideds next week:

How is Obama even when the numbers look that rosy for his opponent? Partly because the partisan split has moved from D+1 in the last poll taken in October to D+5 in this one, which strains credulity as a prospect for election day. This is why it’s so hard to make guesses based on the polls right now — even some of the ones that are in sync, like the national polls showing O inching into a tie, have obvious weaknesses that may make the results questionable.

Rove’s other prediction, incidentally: At least 279 electoral votes, which jibes with Romney political director Rich Beeson telling reporters today that he thinks the campaign can win a few other midwestern states besides Ohio.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/10/31/karl-roves-prediction-romney-51-obama-48/

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #934 on: November 01, 2012, 09:08:58 AM »
Why do you hate succes?

He only hates it when the person who is successful is black

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #935 on: November 01, 2012, 09:14:09 AM »
He only hates it when the person who is successful is black

I read a news article last night which purports that racism with regards to African Americans is actually up in the U.S. since 2008. I suspect there are many folks whose real issue with President Obama is that he is a black man, they just won't admit it.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #936 on: November 01, 2012, 09:16:48 AM »
I read a news article last night which purports that racism with regards to African Americans is actually up in the U.S. since 2008. I suspect there are many folks whose real issue with President Obama is that he is a black man, they just won't admit it.

Of course this is certainly a part of it... It's a shame.

I can handle anyone who dislikes his policies... That's fine.

Let's be honest though... Whenever someone talks about "birther" nonsense or that he's from "Kenya", you know full well that they are just being racist.

That's just so blatantly obvious.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #937 on: November 01, 2012, 09:18:06 AM »
Yet 94ers are not racist who only vote for Obama because he is black?   ???

Of course this is certainly a part of it... It's a shame.

I can handle anyone who dislikes his policies... That's fine.

Let's be honest though... Whenever someone talks about "birther" nonsense or that he's from "Kenya", you know full well that they are just being racist.

That's just so blatantly obvious.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #938 on: November 01, 2012, 09:19:02 AM »
Yet 94ers are not racist who only vote for Obama because he is black?   ???

If someone votes for Obama only because he's black, of course that's racist.

What's one got to do with the other?

Racism now justifies racism? Since when?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #939 on: November 01, 2012, 09:20:00 AM »
If someone votes for Obama only because he's black, of course that's racist.

What's one got to do with the other?

Racism now justifies racism? Since when?

If Obama were white w his record he would not even have won in 2008 primary, let alone be running for re-election. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #940 on: November 01, 2012, 09:24:33 AM »
If Obama were white w his record he would not even have won in 2008 primary, let alone be running for re-election. 

and if palin looked like madeline albright, she's not on the 2008 ticket.

Did you just wake up in Nov 2012 and realize appearance affects political outcome? 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #941 on: November 01, 2012, 09:25:04 AM »

That's because they would have voted in the woman... which would have been sexist.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #942 on: November 01, 2012, 09:27:21 AM »
That's because they would have voted in the woman... which would have been sexist.

No - it would be voting for experience vs race. 

Obama was the least qualified , least experienced, least capable, least accomplished person running even in the demo primary and only got ahead for one reason - the media narrative and desire to elect the first black potus. 

and sadly - we have all gotten fucked royally as a result of the emotional hype and bullshit  by putting the equivalent of the mail room boy in the CEO slot with no in between 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #943 on: November 01, 2012, 09:46:41 AM »

Obama was the least qualified , least experienced, least capable, least accomplished person running even in the demo primary and only got ahead for one reason - the media narrative and desire to elect the first black potus. 

and sadly - we have all gotten fucked royally as a result of the emotional hype and bullshit  by putting the equivalent of the mail room boy in the CEO slot with no in between 

I haven't been fucked... A lot of the country hasn't been fucked.

Wall Street CERTAINLY hasn't been fucked.

Have you been fucked? You just merged offices with a larger firm and became a partner of a bigger money maker didn't you?

Did you get fucked?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #944 on: November 01, 2012, 05:32:22 PM »
G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #945 on: November 01, 2012, 05:33:38 PM »

Are you fighting mad about this?

G

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #946 on: November 01, 2012, 05:51:04 PM »

LOL

that's pottiest, kettliest i have ever heard you say.  ;D

Go Mitts!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #947 on: November 01, 2012, 09:26:52 PM »

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V