Author Topic: benzos and how they make you feel  (Read 8896 times)

Hiitsmichael

• Getbig II
benzos and how they make you feel
« on: April 13, 2012, 09:01:28 AM »
How do benzos make you guys feel? i was recently prescribed xanax at a dosage of .25mg and took my first dosage today. it feels like i have a cloud over my head as in down and depressed all day. is this  normal for a first time or not?

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: benzos and how they make you feel
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 09:18:40 AM »
How do benzos make you guys feel? i was recently prescribed xanax at a dosage of .25mg and took my first dosage today. it feels like i have a cloud over my head as in down and depressed all day. is this  normal for a first time or not?
I dont care too much for them. Make me veeerrryyyy slllleeeeepppy. I could see how they would help if you had sleep issues, though that's not their purpose. If they are making you down and depressed, it's prob not for you. I dont know what your issue is but if it was the proper medx, it would alleviate it. It's like with adderol, if someone without ADD takes it, it's makes them hyper. But when someone with ADD takes it and the medx works like it sopposed to, it slows them down. Benzo addiction is apparently serious shit by the way, way worse withdrawls then opiates

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 09:24:01 AM »

are these anti d's ?

dunno how normal it is but you've gotta give them some time to start working properly.. weeks and months is my understanding !

i'd sooner ask my doc rather than getbig  :-\

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 09:30:57 AM »
I dont care too much for them. Make me veeerrryyyy slllleeeeepppy. I could see how they would help if you had sleep issues, though that's not their purpose. If they are making you down and depressed, it's prob not for you. I dont know what your issue is but if it was the proper medx, it would alleviate it. It's like with adderol, if someone without ADD takes it, it's makes them hyper. But when someone with ADD takes it and the medx works like it sopposed to, it slows them down. Benzo addiction is apparently serious shit by the way, way worse withdrawls then opiates

X2

Only time I ever took a Xanax was to sleep...a quarter stick and it's lights out for ten hours with those things

I heard the WDs are brutal too, I knew a girl who had to be hospitalized coming off those fuckers

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 09:32:35 AM »
I like valiums better

chess315

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 09:33:12 AM »
 .25 is a very low does should really feel much if anything.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 09:33:25 AM »
are these anti d's ?

dunno how normal it is but you've gotta give them some time to start working properly.. weeks and months is my understanding !

i'd sooner ask my doc rather than getbig   :-\
The vast drug abuse experience of the board doesnt qualify us medically? LOL! Pretty sure zanax is anti-anxiety not anti-d's. Anti-d's do take awhile to build up in your system and work, not so sure about zanax. Think it works pretty quickly. Did WW set you up with the doctor? Haha j/k

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 09:34:07 AM »
I like valiums better
Ya good for coming down off blow LOL!

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 09:37:17 AM »
X2

Only time I ever took a Xanax was to sleep...a quarter stick and it's lights out for ten hours with those things

I heard the WDs are brutal too, I knew a girl who had to be hospitalized coming off those fuckers
Ya first time I ever tried it was the bar you break into quarter's. Except I took the whole thing because nobody told me. Lala land, nap time! Prob could count on one hand how many times I tried it, not my sort of buzz ya know?

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 10:05:41 AM »
Why did the doc prescribe them? Did you tell him you had general anxiety? Or did you have panic attacks?
Benzos work by enhancing GABA-ergic transmission.
GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter, a 'chiller'. It chills you out. Laid back people usually have
high levels of GABA. People that are fearful or timid often have very low GABA levels or poor GABA-ergic
transmission. High GABA levels usually make people more social (alcohol affects GABA, which is why so many
people become talkative and outgoing when drinking).
If benzos make you depressed, you probably have plenty of GABA already, and don't really need them unless
you begin to experience a panic attack.
Some people like abusing them recreationally because it gives you a drunken feeling and carefree attitude.

They are very effective drugs for panic attacks, but I feel they shouldn't be used for anything else. Tolerance
develops quickly, they are highly addictive, and withdrawals are a bitch.
Also, the GABA system of the brain is very fragile and hard to repair. If you mess it up with benzos it can take
years for it to recover. Neuros like Dopamine and Serotonin rebuild fairly quickly when people stop using drugs
that affect those systems.... but not GABA. Be careful.

efanhowz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 10:14:01 AM »
Xanax and tomazePam work amazing for helping me go to sleep. I wouldn't take them for anything else. They are anti-anxiety meds, are you talk g them for anxiety or panic attacks?

the trainer

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 05:27:23 PM »
smoke some fucking weed and get off all these drugs.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 07:26:53 PM »

Ya great idea because weed cures panick attacks  ::) Just use them sparingly. I have a couple laying around I take one once every few weeks If I really need it.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 07:32:56 PM »
american'ts are bigger drug whores than ever...

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 07:35:44 PM »

x2

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 07:35:53 PM »
american'ts are bigger durg whores than ever...

So what better living through chemistry.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 10:20:51 PM »
Benzos are only for people who have SEVERE ANXIETY from Anxiety disorders and other mental health issues. Believe it or not, SSRIs are used to Treat ANXIETY DISORDERS, such as PANIC DISORDER. ATIVAN was the very first medication i took 7 years ago when i was in a Crisis center, was on it for only 2 weeks to calm me down, then was taken off that and put on PAXIL AND TRAZODONE.

I was at a buddies house last weekend working, forgot my meds, my buddies prescribed Klonopin, gave me 1mg on friday then on Saturday i took 1mg of ATIVAN..........Ativan works better for me. Even though im not prescribed BENZOS i have every right to take them, i have MULTIPLE ANXIETY DISORDERS.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 10:50:37 PM »
Benzos are only for people who have SEVERE ANXIETY from Anxiety disorders and other mental other issues. Believe it or not, SSRIs are used to TREAT ANXIETY DISORDERS, such as PANIC DISORDER. ATIVAN was the very first medication i took 7 years ago when i was in a Crisis center, was on it for only 2 weeks to calm me down, then was taken off that and put on PAXIL AND TRAZODONE.

I was at a buddies house last weekend working, forgot my meds, my buddies prescribed Klonopin, gave me 1mg on friday then on Saturday i took 1mg of ATIVAN..........Ativan works better for me. Even though im not prescribed BENZOS i have every right to take them, i have MULTIPLE ANXIETY DISORDERS.

Sometimes I get the feeling that everyone living in the US is on prescribed anti-depressants or some other shit that fucks with your mind.

j_mtl

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2012, 05:23:50 AM »
just my 2 cents on this...
ADD is an invention of the pharmaceutical stablishment,  as for xanax and other benzos they work great to combat anxiety and other sides caused by high doses of tren...thats how i been using them....never been hooked on them as my use is sporadic and ill use them only when i feel the need,now im at 700 mg tren a week, every once in a while i feel an anxiety attack coming on i will pop couple of theses babies and sleep like a champ!! :D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2012, 05:25:51 AM »
So what better living through chemistry.

junky

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2012, 06:04:12 AM »
Benzos are only for people who have SEVERE ANXIETY from Anxiety disorders and other mental other issues. Believe it or not, SSRIs are used to TREAT ANXIETY DISORDERS, such as PANIC DISORDER. ATIVAN was the very first medication i took 7 years ago when i was in a Crisis center, was on it for only 2 weeks to calm me down, then was taken off that and put on PAXIL AND TRAZODONE.

Explain - could you function without any meds?

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 08:15:39 AM »
Explain - could you function without any meds?
For a little while BUT after that.... my symptoms Slowly start to come back and slowly start to get bad again. With the number of Mental disorders i have.........i NEED medication.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 08:21:52 AM »
Fuck the prescription meds, they will fuck you up every time, roll a big fat joint, put on some of your favorite music, take a warm bath and light that thing, and just Relax man - no need for the highly toxic psych meds man.
V

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2012, 08:30:19 AM »
Fuck the prescription meds, they will fuck you up every time, roll a big fat joint, put on some of your favorite music, take a warm bath and light that thing, and just Relax man - no need for the highly toxic psych meds man.
I wish i could smoke a phatty and just relax BUT smoking weed and having PHYSCOSIS/PARANOIA DO NOT go good together.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 11:58:29 AM »
I take Xanax to fly. I can't stand to fly. My doc gives me a script for 15 half mg pills Nd it lasts two flights. No shit, when my anxiety for flying is bad, I take four or five and have a few drinks and I am still anxious about flying. Took six(3mg) on my way to Europe and that did the trick. They don't work too well, but my only other option is sleeping pills, but then I get groggy when I land. Xanax usually don't bother me.