Author Topic: What is more expensive to maintain? BMW, Lexus or Mercedes  (Read 93418 times)

tweeter

• Getbig IV
What is more expensive to maintain? BMW, Lexus or Mercedes
« on: April 18, 2012, 04:44:19 PM »
Between a BMW, Mercedes, and a Lexus?

Adam86

• Getbig III
Re: What is more expensive to maintain?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 04:53:02 PM »
less expensive is the lexus its a japanese car, luxury line of toyota

bmw and mercedes depend on the years and the models, but both expensive to maintain.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 04:53:18 PM »
Between a BMW, Mercedes, and a Lexus?

Probably the Mercedes than the BMW than the Lexus and that's all contingent on the model though , Lexus has a real great reliability and dependability rating and have for years on end , probably has the least amount of problems out of the three

dynamike

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 04:54:49 PM »
Honestly don't get any of them. The repairs will kill you. I got a Mercedes C230. The repairs are pretty expensive. The first time I took it to the stealership they charged me 65$ for a windshield wiper blade that wasn't even broken. A car is not an investment. It depreciates immediately. You are better off investing in land. Find a gently used car driven by an older couple and be content with the money you saved.

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 04:56:30 PM »
ive had a lexus gs for 3 years and it hasnt cost me a penny.before that i had a mercedes s class and it cost me a bit $1000 for a new a/c,$4000 for a tranny and a few other 3&4 hundred dollar repairs,that being said i loved the mercedes a far better car

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 05:03:21 PM »
D. Hookers and Beer

Adam86

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 05:04:18 PM »

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 05:11:45 PM »
Depends on the BMW and Mercedes and the repair but typically Mercedes service work at a dealer costs more as do parts but not by much.  In the aftermarket a Mercedes probably costs a little less due to the ubiquity. Also the more complicated the car to more expensive it is going to be a 750i is going to cost more to repair than a C280.

Do you really need to ask if maintaining a Toyota costs less than a Mercedes or BMW?

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 05:22:48 PM »
Honestly don't get any of them. The repairs will kill you. I got a Mercedes C230. The repairs are pretty expensive. The first time I took it to the stealership they charged me 65$ for a windshield wiper blade that wasn't even broken. A car is not an investment. It depreciates immediately. You are better off investing in land. Find a gently used car driven by an older couple and be content with the money you saved.
^^^^THIS^^^^

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 05:28:39 PM »
Only retards get maintenace done at dealerships and then bitch about how they got overcharged. What'd you think was gonna happen?

There are plenty of independent shops that do quality work without dealership price tag.

Perfect example is mercedes dealer wanted $900 for front brakes & rotors on my gf's c230. Independent shop did it for $479 with Mercedes parts.

bigjim

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 05:37:26 PM »
Why are you worried about the price of car servicing, youre a get bigger you are obviously very wealth.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 06:04:57 PM »
if u can afford expensive car why can't you afford the maintenance?
T

dynamike

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 06:06:11 PM »
Only retards get maintenace done at dealerships and then bitch about how they got overcharged. What'd you think was gonna happen?

There are plenty of independent shops that do quality work without dealership price tag.

Perfect example is mercedes dealer wanted $900 for front brakes & rotors on my gf's c230. Independent shop did it for $479 with Mercedes parts.

I was young back then. I learned my lesson. Its still an expensive car to maintain and definitely not worth it, unless you have a company and can write it off or your loaded to the gills.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 07:12:53 PM »
I was young back then. I learned my lesson. Its still an expensive car to maintain and definitely not worth it, unless you have a company and can write it off or your loaded to the gills.

I did the same thing with a cts-v. Wow what a piece of shit, always in the shop. I dont even like thinking about how much $ I wasted. I put 15k miles on it and sold it for 25,000 less then I bought it for. Nowdays I only ride a motorcycle.

Of course when your young you want to impress people, and get them thinking your wealthy. So you go out and blow a shit load of $ on a car, when in reality your just an average chump with less money because you bought a stupid car.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 07:40:29 PM »

Was just about to say this...
?

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 08:39:01 PM »
I did the same thing with a cts-v. Wow what a piece of shit, always in the shop. I dont even like thinking about how much $ I wasted. I put 15k miles on it and sold it for 25,000 less then I bought it for. Nowdays I only ride a motorcycle.

Of course when your young you want to impress people, and get them thinking your wealthy. So you go out and blow a shit load of $ on a car, when in reality your just an average chump with less money because you bought a stupid car.

Cts-v is über gay. Especially with the plethora of other vehicles that are better at that price range.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 08:57:08 PM »
Cts-v is über gay. Especially with the plethora of other vehicles that are better at that price range.

ok

dynamike

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 08:58:03 PM »

Yeah, your mom was a better ride at a fraction of the cost.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 09:14:12 PM »
I just get a new BMW every 4 years when the warranty ends, so I spend 0 in expenses for 4 years, they cover everything even the windshield wipers. You can do this when you have worked hard all your life and earn it.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 09:27:08 PM »
ok

So? It's a 4 door sedan with a big engine...GAY. Just like The m5.

But to each their own.

I prefer a 911 because it has PLENTY of balls, excellent fuel economy for daily driving and it doesn't get mistaken or lost in the mix of other vehicles like the base CTS or base 5 series which plenty of soccer moms drive.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 09:38:32 PM »
if mercedes and lexus are the names of strippers you are dating then i'm definitely going with mercedes, and lexus

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 12:39:29 AM »

This pretty much sums it up.

MikMaq

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 01:04:04 AM »
I just get a new BMW every 4 years when the warranty ends, so I spend 0 in expenses for 4 years, they cover everything even the windshield wipers. You can do this when you have worked hard all your life and earn it.
What the fuck is with this yuppy I've earned it attitude. Your pissing away money, theirs no way around that. It's this attitude that's fucking around our economy.

jarepeich

• Getbig II
Re: What is more expensive to maintain? BMW, Lexus or Mercedes
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 01:40:00 AM »
BMW for sure

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: What is more expensive to maintain? BMW, Lexus or Mercedes
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2012, 03:26:29 AM »
The Lexus will only cost you oil changes, tires, filters and brakes. It will run perfect for many years. The BMW will be in the shop constantly. The Mercedes is like throwing your money out the window for routine maintenance.

I had Toyota that had one repair in 17 years for a water pump. The basic routine maintenance I did myself. I sold that car and the kid driving it had put on so many miles without any trouble. The Lexus is a fancy Camry. It should run perfect if you just change the oil with Mobil one every 5K.