Author Topic: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV  (Read 307102 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2013, 08:24:28 AM »
that's the bad thing about it. so production and CGI Heavy. makes time between seasons too long.

I was reading it costs upwards of $5 million per episode to make, about 5 times as much as any other 1 hour show.  HBO almost pulled the plug after season 1 because they actually lost money on the season, but when DVD sales and extra merch brought in huge dollars, they decided to keep it going.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2013, 08:30:38 AM »
I was reading it costs upwards of $5 million per episode to make, about 5 times as much as any other 1 hour show.  HBO almost pulled the plug after season 1 because they actually lost money on the season, but when DVD sales and extra merch brought in huge dollars, they decided to keep it going.

Oh they better keep the show running, because if they don't, I swear by the thong of Nasser to never again subscribe to HBO.

"1"

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2013, 08:49:51 AM »
Oh they better keep the show running, because if they don't, I swear by the thong of Nasser to never again subscribe to HBO.

"1"

QFT

no more sopranos
no more entourage
no more curb your enthusiasm
No more Game of thrones ??? Fuck that shit

ill bootleg episodes of Boardwalk empire and cancel HBO if they pulled the plug on Game of thrones

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2013, 09:03:23 AM »
They are making a lot from DVD sales to make up the difference and make a profit. They are saying they will do 7 total seasons and there is a little bit of a push for the author to finish book 6 and 7 soon.

Yeah it sucks next week is the season finale, but then Breaking  Bad, True Blood and Dexter come up, so the summer is still full of great things to watch.

"1"

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2013, 09:49:28 AM »
They are making a lot from DVD sales to make up the difference and make a profit. They are saying they will do 7 total seasons and there is a little bit of a push for the author to finish book 6 and 7 soon.

Yeah it sucks next week is the season finale, but then Breaking  Bad, True Blood and Dexter come up, so the summer is still full of great things to watch.

Dexter hasn't been great for a while - it's good, but not spectacular.  True Blood is almost comedy at this point.  BB should be awesome.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2013, 11:12:47 AM »
Dexter hasn't been great for a while - it's good, but not spectacular.  True Blood is almost comedy at this point.  BB should be awesome.

The crap about BB is Mike being dead.  He became on of my favorite characters.  It looks like the last 8 episodes will be a crescendo of the second half of scarface after Tony meets Sosa.

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2013, 12:32:05 PM »
Season 1-2 was solid tempo seasons.

Season 3 has imo been CRAZY drawn out and watered down. Kind of like walking dead. So Im glad something finally happened. Hopefully they pick it up for next season after next weeks last episode.

I wonder what kind of route the White Walkers took since they're still not at the wall. And everyone has been able to go to where they met them. And then back. Or J.snow who stayed with the new army for a while and Then walked back and made it to the wall. And still no sight of WW. Well besides the leader which died I guess..

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2013, 12:43:24 PM »

Season 3 has imo been CRAZY drawn out and watered down.

Obvioulsy it's your opinion, but Jamie's storyline and hand, Daenerys taking over the army of unsullieds (incredible scene) and the Snow story line have all been great.  Red Wedding was just icing on the cake.
Y

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2013, 12:44:20 PM »

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2013, 12:49:14 PM »
Obvioulsy it's your opinion, but Jamie's storyline and hand, Daenerys taking over the army of unsullieds (incredible scene) and the Snow story line have all been great.  Red Wedding was just icing on the cake.

few things have happened yes. But there has been episodes which could have been cut down to 2 min and it wouldn't have made any difference. Im just comparing it with first two ones, which I pretty much saw back to back and then this one started about a week after I was done with those two and I notice a massive difference..

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2013, 01:10:45 PM »
Inside the Red Wedding

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2013, 02:03:17 PM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2013, 03:56:45 PM »
It's dumb that it was the season 2 cliffhanger, then they don't even show them the entire season other than a couple guys.  I was thinking the same about Danny.  Why is it taking her an eternity to just do one thing, but everyone else seems to move at light speed. 

Season 1-2 was solid tempo seasons.

Season 3 has imo been CRAZY drawn out and watered down. Kind of like walking dead. So Im glad something finally happened. Hopefully they pick it up for next season after next weeks last episode.

I wonder what kind of route the White Walkers took since they're still not at the wall. And everyone has been able to go to where they met them. And then back. Or J.snow who stayed with the new army for a while and Then walked back and made it to the wall. And still no sight of WW. Well besides the leader which died I guess..

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2013, 04:01:40 PM »
This was done on purpose.  Season 1 was based on book 1, season 2 on book 2, but season three and four will be based off book 3, so it is a little more detailed, not drawn out.  They also skipped ahead to book four and brought that Theon storyline which made no sense since you don't even hear about him in book three.  Book 5 will be interesting because the author purposely shifts gears into more detail but leaves out Tyrion and Jon Snow.  I don't see how HBO can drop an entire character out of the season so they will write them in somehow.
few things have happened yes. But there has been episodes which could have been cut down to 2 min and it wouldn't have made any difference. Im just comparing it with first two ones, which I pretty much saw back to back and then this one started about a week after I was done with those two and I notice a massive difference..

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2013, 04:27:46 PM »
I only read the last page of this thread...GOT is a great show..

Anyone catch The Vikings on A&E?......By far my fav show.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2013, 04:54:36 PM »
The ones still on tv  :

1-True blood
2-Breaking Bad
3-Walking Dead
4-Dexter
5-Games of Thrones

Sons of Anrchy  way over rated by getbig standars..........

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2013, 07:05:57 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/06/04/game-of-thrones-star-michelle-fairley-joins-usas-suits/

‘Game of Thrones’ Star Michelle Fairley Joins USA’s ‘Suits’

Just days after the much-buzzed about “Red Wedding” episode of HBO’s “Game of Thrones,” actress Michelle Fairley has booked her next gig.

Fairley has signed on for a recurring role on the third season of USA Network’s legal drama “Suits.”

She will play a British entrepreneur named Ava Hessington who runs a successful oil company. When a lawsuit puts the family business in jeopardy, she turns to Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht) for help.

Fairley suits up for her first episode in the “Suits” season premiere, airing on July 16.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2013, 07:36:14 PM »
I saw it again and noticed something: Where's Blackfish? He excused himself to go pee. I didn't see him get killed.

http://www.nerdist.com/2013/06/george-r-r-martin-explains-the-red-weddings-historical-roots/

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2013, 07:42:24 PM »
I saw it again and noticed something: Where's Blackfish? He excused himself to go pee. I didn't see him get killed.

http://www.nerdist.com/2013/06/george-r-r-martin-explains-the-red-weddings-historical-roots/

He went out to take a Leak before they closed the Doors.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2013, 08:33:12 PM »
After the Wedding-News in Ep 09, Tywin Lannister celebrates!

Standard Lannister Celebration

And they have a lil get togetha for Theon after he lost his manhood
(Very kind of Ramsay Bolton to organize this, is Ramsay really sincere though??)

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2013, 08:40:25 PM »
I channel flip a lot and it is always on. I have to start from the "Beginning"

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2013, 09:38:07 PM »
http://www.nerdist.com/2013/06/george-r-r-martin-watches-fan-reaction-to-the-red-wedding/

George R.R. Martin Watches Fan Reaction to “The Red Wedding”

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2013, 11:51:47 PM »
I remember Dr. Baden from crime autopsy documentaries on HBO:

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/06/hold-the-phone-o-j-simpson-witness-says-game-of-thrones-scene-was-totally-unrealistic/

Hold The Phone! O.J. Simpson Witness Says ‘Game Of Thrones’ Scene Was Totally Unrealistic

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Re: A Game of Thrones
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2013, 03:43:28 AM »
Whoa, Whoa Whoa.  Watch your mouth convict.  The WIRE.  Best show ever on TV.  EVER.

Absolutely.  It's not even close.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2013, 03:51:34 AM »
Tv shows are crap as a format.

I don't watch any of these series... smallville, sopranos, entourage, 24 etc. Time consuming and non rewarding, in the end every tv show becomes stale, loses it's original cast or as in 90 % of the cases, they become lazy with the script. Dexter was fun for one season maybe.Prison Break. I got sick somewhere in the third season. The first season or seasons are always better than the inevitable "finale" which all series sort of speeds to.

Lost? Prison Break? Entourage has lost it's appeal as well, it's was the shit when it came out but with the long wait between seasons you expect something bigger and better but get the same rehashed jokes and characters after 6 months and it isn't as fun the second time around. TV shows are crap as a format and in it's form a show is rarely thought out have an ending, that's why the ending is never good. It's like a drug addiction, mindless numbing..

Comedy shows, on the other hand, are completely different. They don't pretend to have a thought out plot, they work because they just make fun of contemporary subjects so they can last through their writers humour and their casts age.

Family guy is good. how i met your mother and big bang theory are good but still they were better when fresh.

South park is an amazing show. i can't think of any other series who gets increasingly better and more brilliant after season 10(!!!)

Watch The Wire, then.  Story arc is tight over the the entire run of the show. Shows what's possible with format in a way that other shows rarely even try much les pull off.