Author Topic: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV  (Read 308505 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV
« Reply #325 on: June 06, 2014, 11:55:06 PM »
http://www.nerdist.com/2014/06/learn-how-to-speak-conversational-dothraki/

Learn How to Speak Conversational Dothraki

Once you get out of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros and across the narrow sea, different languages start to come into the picture. The fictional world feels richer and more realistic because of the presence of such tongues as Dothraki and High Valyrian. David J. Peterson crafted the Dothraki words for Game of Thrones, and he’s working with Living Language to create books, audio tools, and even an app so you can learn to speak like a Khaleesi in the comfort of your living room.

This is the real deal, not like the Muzzy parody we featured a few months ago. Living Language is a company that offers legit programs to teach a host of non-fictional languages. As far as I can tell, Dothraki is the first time they’re dipping into the fictional realm. They’re taking it seriously by offering different access points at varying price levels.

For only $4, you can download a Dothraki Companion App. They call this the Dothraki learning experience on the go (oh, so many jokes can be made); it’s more of a practice tool to go with the book or online course. Just the app comes packed with a pronunciation guide, conversational dialogue, and interactive games. For $20, you’ll get a Dothraki book and CD package with written exercise questions, culture notes, vocabulary words, and grammar examples.

If you want to lead a khalasar though, you can spend $30 and go through the online course. It has five progressive lessons, hundreds of phrases, and an extensive pronunciation guide. You can pre-order it and the book and CD package at Living Language. Go ahead and download a sample page from a lesson while you’re there.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #326 on: June 07, 2014, 09:32:42 AM »
you don't watch the show so you can maintain your snobbery, obviously.

I don't like identifiably faces that comes from the tv show, when i re-read the books and there's a jamie pov i see Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in my head completely different than how i had him pictured

ya it's the characters/ faces thing for sure. in my head I know what everyone looks like. I'd get throw for a loop if I watched the show I think. just seeing that pic of brienne I was like damn. I have her as a brunette. and way uglier. in my head she actually looks facially like a girl at my work.

b

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #327 on: June 08, 2014, 09:49:33 PM »
ya it's the characters/ faces thing for sure. in my head I know what everyone looks like. I'd get throw for a loop if I watched the show I think. just seeing that pic of brienne I was like damn. I have her as a brunette. and way uglier. in my head she actually looks facially like a girl at my work.

Sooo. You've got ugly girls at work.

Nice episode tonight even though completely different from last week. Olly becomes a badass during battle.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #328 on: June 11, 2014, 02:11:44 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #329 on: June 12, 2014, 10:10:19 PM »
http://www.buzzfeed.com/ashleyperez/got-jokes

33 Jokes Only “Game Of Thrones” Fans Will Understand

Winter is not going to get here for at least five more books. Warning: SPOILERS ARE COMING.

27. The sense of constant surprise for people who haven’t read the books.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #330 on: June 12, 2014, 11:09:26 PM »
I think this last episode is going to be epic . Cant wait

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #331 on: June 13, 2014, 12:16:24 AM »
http://www.nerdist.com/2014/06/learn-how-to-speak-conversational-dothraki/

Learn How to Speak Conversational Dothraki

Once you get out of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros and across the narrow sea, different languages start to come into the picture. The fictional world feels richer and more realistic because of the presence of such tongues as Dothraki and High Valyrian. David J. Peterson crafted the Dothraki words for Game of Thrones, and he’s working with Living Language to create books, audio tools, and even an app so you can learn to speak like a Khaleesi in the comfort of your living room.

This is the real deal, not like the Muzzy parody we featured a few months ago. Living Language is a company that offers legit programs to teach a host of non-fictional languages. As far as I can tell, Dothraki is the first time they’re dipping into the fictional realm. They’re taking it seriously by offering different access points at varying price levels.

For only $4, you can download a Dothraki Companion App. They call this the Dothraki learning experience on the go (oh, so many jokes can be made); it’s more of a practice tool to go with the book or online course. Just the app comes packed with a pronunciation guide, conversational dialogue, and interactive games. For $20, you’ll get a Dothraki book and CD package with written exercise questions, culture notes, vocabulary words, and grammar examples.

If you want to lead a khalasar though, you can spend $30 and go through the online course. It has five progressive lessons, hundreds of phrases, and an extensive pronunciation guide. You can pre-order it and the book and CD package at Living Language. Go ahead and download a sample page from a lesson while you’re there.

Oh for fucks sake. Why cant people put this type of time and effort into mastering a skill or language that will help you in the teal world instead learning a language that lives in a work of fiction. What next? a klingon dothraki grunting face off?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #332 on: June 13, 2014, 06:59:30 AM »
The Wall battle was interesting to say the least.  All of a sudden there's a wooly mamoth and two giant sasquwatches?  Where the fuck did they come from and why only two?  Kind of an odd battle.  It was right in the heat of things then just stopped.  Over.  I was wondering if I missed something.  There's so much content in the books and HBO trying their hardest to jam in as much as they can seems a little jagged at times.  Why not make 16 episodes instead of 12 and tell the story a little cleaner? 

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #333 on: June 13, 2014, 07:18:53 AM »
I think this last episode is going to be epic . Cant wait

There will definitely be "things" in this episode I assure you.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #334 on: June 13, 2014, 07:32:04 AM »
The Wall battle was interesting to say the least.  All of a sudden there's a wooly mamoth and two giant sasquwatches?  Where the fuck did they come from and why only two?  Kind of an odd battle.  It was right in the heat of things then just stopped.  Over.  I was wondering if I missed something.  There's so much content in the books and HBO trying their hardest to jam in as much as they can seems a little jagged at times.  Why not make 16 episodes instead of 12 and tell the story a little cleaner? 

Without being attached from the backside, defending that wall seems pretty easy, Giants or no Giants.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #335 on: June 13, 2014, 08:04:05 AM »
Without being attached from the backside, defending that wall seems pretty easy, Giants or no Giants.

Sounds like a typical night for the average getbigger  :P

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #336 on: June 13, 2014, 10:58:14 AM »

Only a small portion of the army was sent in. They were testing the defenses.
S

Kwon_2

• Getbig V

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #338 on: June 13, 2014, 11:56:01 AM »
will be sad after Sunday....till walking dead starts season 5

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: June 13, 2014, 01:17:54 PM »
It will certainly suck after Sunday. They should make the season finale 2 hours long.

I hate that it takes them so long to produce a season. I understand that quality takes time, but damn it sure feels like an eternity.

Also, why are episodes never a full hour, but instead 50 minutes or so?

"1"

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #340 on: June 13, 2014, 01:28:25 PM »
It will certainly suck after Sunday. They should make the season finale 2 hours long.

I hate that it takes them so long to produce a season. I understand that quality takes time, but damn it sure feels like an eternity.

"1"
did you delete my post you sly devil?

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #341 on: June 13, 2014, 01:42:08 PM »

"1"

If they filmed the seasons any faster they would run out of material. Martin is taking forever with writing the books.
S

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #342 on: June 13, 2014, 01:50:26 PM »
budget

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #343 on: June 13, 2014, 01:51:06 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/game-of-thrones-showrunners-promise-best-finale-weve-ever-done/

i hear they are promising the Best season finally ever

dont they all  ::)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: June 13, 2014, 01:56:01 PM »
did you delete my post you sly devil?

I did not.

Check with the other mods on.

"1"

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: June 13, 2014, 02:01:25 PM »

"1"

Final EP is supposed to be 66 whopping minutes OMR! :D

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #346 on: June 13, 2014, 07:27:07 PM »
What happen to the giants nuts?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V