Author Topic: Try to look at this picture and not laugh - Avengers  (Read 15141 times)

hench

• Getbig V
Re: Try to look at this picture and not laugh
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 06:41:13 AM »
no, darkman  ;)
Did anyone like unbreakable, I thought it was a good more realistic approach of doing a superhero movie.
The Blade movies were the best superhero movies imo.

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 07:46:26 AM »
I am pretty sure that there were no women on the SEAL team that invaded Osama's compound and executed him.

In the Hollywood version you can be damn sure that there would be a kick-ass female member that is tougher, wittier and more deadly than the guys.

x2 it's some stupid shit

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 08:05:36 AM »
see if you can looks at this for 30 seconds without laughing

god, where to even start, anyone seeing these 3 walking towards them would just laugh, on the far left epic thousand yard stare on 5 foot 6 136 lb ear-width-clavicled twink proudly flexing his sleeveless 14.3 inch, 2 weeks of working out on a bowflex 'guns', then a walking parody, blue spandex penis headed fagggot in a clown suit and lastly a silly bitch with a tough guy face whose 'power' is owning a glock.

im probably going to see this movie but god they look stupid

FIXED

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 08:18:08 AM »
I am pretty sure that there were no women on the SEAL team that invaded Osama's compound and executed him.

In the Hollywood version you can be damn sure that there would be a kick-ass female member that is tougher, wittier and more deadly than the guys.

There would also be an openly gay soldier that would be the second toughest and wittiest...but of course the black soldiers would still be killed off in the first ten minutes. 

Regarding the picture, I'm pleasantly surprised that there is only a crew member in the background, not some tool in a "TapOut" or "Affliction" shirt.
~

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 08:51:28 AM »

god, where to even start, anyone seeing these 3 walking towards them would just laugh, on the far left epic thousand yard stare on 5 foot 6 136 lb ear-width-clavicled twink proudly flexing his sleeveless 14.3 inch, 2 weeks of working out on a bowflex 'guns', then a walking parody, blue spandex penis headed fagggot in a clown suit and lastly a silly bitch with a tough guy face whose 'power' is owning a glock.

im probably going to see this movie but god they look stupid
hey why didn't i get to play the hulk, i still got it ah-nuld.
F

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2012, 03:00:40 PM »

Do you like UnderWorld?
Yes. They were decent movies.

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 03:02:21 PM »

Did anyone like unbreakable, I thought it was a good more realistic approach of doing a superhero movie.

I liked it, I thought it was cool how they did it too.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2012, 03:12:42 PM »
lol what can he do, hes just a man in a clown suit...i dont get it theres 3 characters with incredible powers (hulk, iron man, thor) then theres just him and some bitch who...is just a woman with a handgun..rofl

That's exactly what I was thinking while watching it. Iron Man is flying around in his suit fucking shit up in the skies, Thor is a demi-god flying around and hitting everything with lightning, Hulk was smashing everything and even Captain America was holding his own on the ground.....and then you get Black Widow with a pistol and Hawkeye with a bow.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2012, 03:44:48 PM »
 I got the feeling they intentionally gimped Captain America because despite the fact he fought the nazis, he still represents everything ''hollywood'' hates - a juiced up WASP who wears the American flag on his chest

He got his ass kicked more in the movie than renner, who has no powers at all?

great movie though, the only thing that was cheesy was wee Renner trying to play a tough guy

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2012, 10:21:40 AM »
If I showed up to battle super villains armed with a hand gun or a dumb ass bow, and saw Hulk, Iron Man, Thor on the scene already..... I would just take my lunch box and go home.  If something can survive getting hit by the Hulk, they are not even going to feel a damn bullet.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2012, 10:24:17 AM »

I thought the same thing when I saw this in a mag.  I showed it to the girl next to me and she laughed at it.  The mask and costume looks ridiculous.  They could have made him look cool but it looks like a halloween getup.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2012, 10:29:10 AM »
much more scary

then

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2012, 10:32:25 AM »
Saw it this weekend and there was a VERY good 30 sec scene of the redheads ass in those black pants! It's very nice i would smash..    ;D

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2012, 10:37:04 AM »
Saw it this weekend and there was a VERY good 30 sec scene of the redheads ass in those black pants! It's very nice i would smash..    ;D

???

yea you and everyone else out there, Get in Line  ;D

scarlett johansson

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2012, 10:55:24 AM »
???

yea you and everyone else out there, Get in Line  ;D

scarlett johansson

From what I hear the line is not that long and moves quickly.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2012, 11:37:55 AM »

When she is talking to Loki who is in the Hulk time-out room, yes. Incredible shot that was milked for all its worth. Wonderful bum on the girl.

I saw the film last night and loved it.

Hulk smashes lots of stuff into smithereens.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2012, 12:29:18 PM »
When she is talking to Loki who is in the Hulk time-out room, yes. Incredible shot that was milked for all its worth. Wonderful bum on the girl.

I saw the film last night and loved it.

Hulk smashes lots of stuff into smithereens.

and to think they picked her for her acting skills and the fact that black widow is such a central and pivotal character in the Marvel comics  ::)

j_mtl

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2012, 12:40:18 PM »
I DONT KNOW ABOUT you guys , but im just sick of these super heroes movies....so god damn lame , almost lamer than listen to beats by jay, with his  mouth piece on....almost!!!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2012, 01:01:30 PM »
and to think they picked her for her acting skills and the fact that black widow is such a central and pivotal character in the Marvel comics  ::)
She is pivotal in Avengers, and was pivotal in Marvel, she was one of Marvel's first Max Lines---along with Luke Cage, who along with Black Panther, should have their own movies out.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2012, 01:02:31 PM »
She is pivotal in Avengers, and was pivotal in Marvel, she was one of Marvel's first Max Lines---along with Luke Cage, who along with Black Panther, should have their own movies out.
Fucking outed!

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2012, 01:07:21 PM »
who's the slut ??

I think she sexy. Good hair to cum also  :P
You don't know ?   How old are you ?

btw: whaddaya think about Sarkozy bein' dumped....?  More euro problems?  Glad we still got the AAA, like the Deutsch and the Fins...

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2012, 01:11:16 PM »
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/box-office-shocker-avengers-opens-record-shattering-200-155614945.html

Joss Whedon's The Avengers has set a new bar in opening to a walloping $200.3 million at the domestic box office, the largest debut ever and kicking off summer 2012 in high style.

The 3D tentpole -- marking a major victory for Disney and Marvel Studios -- easily dethroned Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, which opened to $169.2 million last summer, then the largest bow in history.

Avengers opened a week ago overseas, earning a whopping $441.5 million through Sunday. The pic's worldwide total of $641.8 million already has surpassed the lifetime totals of Captain America: The First Avenger ($364 million), Thor ($449 million), Iron Man ($585 million) and Iron Man 2 ($624 million).

The pic -- which assembles Marvel superhero characters Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Captain America (Chris Evans), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) -- earned a glowing A+ CinemaScore.

PHOTOS: 28 of Summer's Most Anticipated Movies: 'Avengers,' 'Dark Knight,' 'Prometheus'

Avengers is now positioned to reach $1 billion in global grosses in a much-needed win for Disney, which posted a $200 million loss after John Carter cratered at the box office this year. It's also a validation of Marvel's strategy to build a franchise by turning out single titles -- Iron Man, its sequel, Thor and Captain America -- and then bring the characters together. Avengers also could reboot the Hulk film franchise.

Among other records, Avengers is the first film to cross $200 million in only three days of play at the domestic box office. It also scored the biggest Saturday gross of all time, earning $69.7 million.

"It's been a fantastic weekend on every single front," Disney executive vp distribution Dave Hollis said.

Hollis said the slim 13 percent drop from Friday to Saturday reflects great word-of-mouth, as well as the fact that all segments of the audience are turning out, including families. Roughly 52 percent saw it in 3D.

PHOTOS: Avengers Premiere in Los Angeles

The tentpole played evenly in terms of age, with 50 percent of the audience under the age of 25 and 50 percent over. Couples made up 55 percent, families 24 percent and teens 21 percent. Males represented 60 percent of the audience.

Imax theaters reported record business, generating north of $15 million in ticket sales domestically to tie with Deathly Hallows Part 2 for the biggest opening weekend in the circuit's history. The giant-screen exhibitor expects to finish the weekend with a worldwide cume of $31.2 million.

Avengers is the first Marvel title marketed and distributed by Disney since buying Marvel. Paramount distributed Marvel's previous films and, in exchange for ending its output deal early with Marvel, will receive a minimum of  $115 million in distribution fees for Avengers and next summer's Iron Man 3.

Avengers was the only wide release of the weekend. At the specialty box office, Fox Searchlight looked to counterprogram with The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, which opened in 27 theaters in 12 markets. Marigold grossed $750,301 for a pleasing per-location average of $27,789.

PHOTOS: 'The Avengers' Premiere Red Carpet Interviews

Fox Searchlight's Sheila DeLoach said the film -- which has already a stellar $72 million overseas -- succeeded in luring baby boomers, evidenced by sold-out matinee and early evening shows. Marigold stars Judi Dench, Bill Nighy and Tom Wilkinson.

For full box office results, see below.

Domestic box office, May 4-6

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2012, 01:13:55 PM »
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/box-office-shocker-avengers-opens-record-shattering-200-155614945.html

Joss Whedon's The Avengers has set a new bar in opening to a walloping $200.3 million at the domestic box office, the largest debut ever and kicking off summer 2012 in high style.

The 3D tentpole -- marking a major victory for Disney and Marvel Studios -- easily dethroned Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, which opened to $169.2 million last summer, then the largest bow in history.

Avengers opened a week ago overseas, earning a whopping $441.5 million through Sunday. The pic's worldwide total of $641.8 million already has surpassed the lifetime totals of Captain America: The First Avenger ($364 million), Thor ($449 million), Iron Man ($585 million) and Iron Man 2 ($624 million).

The pic -- which assembles Marvel superhero characters Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Captain America (Chris Evans), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) -- earned a glowing A+ CinemaScore.

PHOTOS: 28 of Summer's Most Anticipated Movies: 'Avengers,' 'Dark Knight,' 'Prometheus'

Avengers is now positioned to reach $1 billion in global grosses in a much-needed win for Disney, which posted a $200 million loss after John Carter cratered at the box office this year. It's also a validation of Marvel's strategy to build a franchise by turning out single titles -- Iron Man, its sequel, Thor and Captain America -- and then bring the characters together. Avengers also could reboot the Hulk film franchise.

Among other records, Avengers is the first film to cross $200 million in only three days of play at the domestic box office. It also scored the biggest Saturday gross of all time, earning $69.7 million.

"It's been a fantastic weekend on every single front," Disney executive vp distribution Dave Hollis said.

Hollis said the slim 13 percent drop from Friday to Saturday reflects great word-of-mouth, as well as the fact that all segments of the audience are turning out, including families. Roughly 52 percent saw it in 3D.

PHOTOS: Avengers Premiere in Los Angeles

The tentpole played evenly in terms of age, with 50 percent of the audience under the age of 25 and 50 percent over. Couples made up 55 percent, families 24 percent and teens 21 percent. Males represented 60 percent of the audience.

Imax theaters reported record business, generating north of $15 million in ticket sales domestically to tie with Deathly Hallows Part 2 for the biggest opening weekend in the circuit's history. The giant-screen exhibitor expects to finish the weekend with a worldwide cume of $31.2 million.

Avengers is the first Marvel title marketed and distributed by Disney since buying Marvel. Paramount distributed Marvel's previous films and, in exchange for ending its output deal early with Marvel, will receive a minimum of  $115 million in distribution fees for Avengers and next summer's Iron Man 3.

Avengers was the only wide release of the weekend. At the specialty box office, Fox Searchlight looked to counterprogram with The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, which opened in 27 theaters in 12 markets. Marigold grossed $750,301 for a pleasing per-location average of $27,789.

PHOTOS: 'The Avengers' Premiere Red Carpet Interviews

Fox Searchlight's Sheila DeLoach said the film -- which has already a stellar $72 million overseas -- succeeded in luring baby boomers, evidenced by sold-out matinee and early evening shows. Marigold stars Judi Dench, Bill Nighy and Tom Wilkinson.

For full box office results, see below.

Domestic box office, May 4-6
Get ready for a shitload of sequels.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2012, 01:14:23 PM »

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2012, 01:20:47 PM »
They needed to put Olga Kurylenko as Black Widow, fits the bill...sexy with Eastern European/Russian accent....which Black Widow is supposed to be Russian...

Would've been a much much better choice. A far better fit for the role and i'd have enjoyed her more than Johansson. I graoned when i heard she'd got the role, and though i'm no fan, she didn't annoy me as much as i'd expected in the film.