Author Topic: Which dog breed......advice needed  (Read 21376 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Which dog breed......advice needed
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2012, 10:15:28 PM »
pitbull mixes can be great dogs. My Bosco was a pound pup, pitbull/boxer? RIP

Not The Tony Alva?
a

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2012, 11:01:03 PM »
Our dog, a bastard dog-of-Bordeaux, is old and I think she won't make 2013. Makes me sad, cause she's been terrific.
After a while, I want another dog.

Any suggestions about which breed....?

Schnauzer would be the best pick, not a better breed in the world. Bull Terrier is a nice one.....

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2012, 11:03:23 PM »
Schnauzer would be the best pick, not a better breed in the world. Bull Terrier is a nice one.....

The Schnauzer is a fucking bad ass though!  Looks kind of formal with his nice hair cut and shape but he will go to war and die for his owner.  

They use Giant Schnauzers for Police Dogs, because they're fucking genius, tough animals.

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2012, 01:21:40 AM »
Mississippi leg-hound is the way to go.

haha.  Springer Spaniel = great dog.  Perfect size, great temperament, very loyal.

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2012, 07:42:51 AM »

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2012, 08:49:18 AM »
not bodybuilding related at all...  but there is no better choice than a Husky.  I have had 3 throughout my life.  Man's best friend.

there wild and crazy but i have a husky too.
F

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2012, 08:53:08 AM »
Pit.

In fact, this exact pit.

Game Time

• Getbig III
  • Go out fatboy
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2012, 08:56:05 AM »
there wild and crazy but i have a husky too.
Tom?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2012, 09:00:47 AM »
Our new Australian Shepherd, awesome dog!!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2012, 09:06:34 AM »

i think i heard that this breed of dog is actually the most intelligent overall.
F

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2012, 09:24:38 AM »

Does he say things like "flotsam" and "fair dinkum"?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2012, 09:36:11 AM »

You got one!!!  I hope you plan to give him/her the kind of exercise (mental & physical) they need to be well balanced.

i think i heard that this breed of dog is actually the most intelligent overall.

I believe the Border Collie is considered #1, but the Aussie is right up there too.
:

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2012, 09:39:45 AM »
Get one of these bad boys. I don't see a ton of them. You got to have a strong personality they will test you a little bit. Once they know their place excellent dogs. Or Maybe a german shepard or some kind of working dog. Little dogs are useless and boring to me. They're more of a burden and don't really contribute anything. My roomate has this little dog it's more like a cat. You can't can't rough house or play fetch or anything.

Some small dogs are awesome - Like Jack Russles - I never had one, but my buddy had one and he took him hunting rabbits in the irish country side, they are super smart and stong willed.
Since the grass was too tall for him to see the rabbit he would lift him up and show him were the rabbit was, the dog would be real still until he spot the rabbit you would littlerally just drop him and he would go off like a rocket.
Jack Russels are awesome!!

;D

NoMoreLies

• Getbig II
  • CanadianMass.com
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2012, 09:40:39 AM »
New foundland : a gentle giant , can weigh over 90 kg :)

Newfs and Goldens the best dogs ever.
~

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2012, 09:41:16 AM »
You got one!!!  I hope you plan to give him/her the kind of exercise (mental & physical) they need to be well balanced.

I believe the Border Collie is considered #1, but the Aussie is right up there too.

Oh god!!! here's the animal rights brigade :D

I fucking hate that shit!!! what you got that animal? I hope you do this and that" fuck off you over concerned fucking shallow cunt, don't stick you nose into other peoples business trying to "advice" people what they should and shouldn't do ::) go back to your right wing fucking getbig pets board - or I post some pictures of some life skinning in China that'll cheer you up.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2012, 09:43:12 AM »
Some small dogs are awesome - Like Jack Russles - I never had one, but my buddy had one and he took him hunting rabbits in the irish country side, they are super smart and stong willed.
Since the grass was too tall for him to see the rabbit he would lift him up and show him were the rabbit was, the dog would be real still until he spot the rabbit you would littlerally just drop him and he would go off like a rocket.
Jack Russels are awesome!!

;D

Hyper and neurotic too!  ;D  Sturdy little fellas though.
:

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2012, 09:43:20 AM »
I hope you plan to give him/her the kind of exercise (mental & physical) they need to be well balanced.[/color]

Like crossword puzzles and whatnot?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2012, 09:43:58 AM »
Like crossword puzzles and whatnot?
My dog can do the Rubicks cube in 5 minutes.

Beat that.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2012, 09:45:26 AM »
Oh god!!! here's the animal rights brigade :D

I fucking hate that shit!!! what you got that animal? I hope you do this and that" fuck off you over concerned fucking shallow cunt, don't stick you nose into other peoples business trying to "advice" people what they should and shouldn't do ::) go back to your right wing fucking getbig pets board - or I post some pictures of some life skinning in China that'll cheer you up.

Maybe you should take your own advice.
:

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2012, 09:46:49 AM »

my wife had a Schnauzer - mini Schnauzer, her name was Britta :) she had to leave the dog in latvia when she came over to Ireland - broke her heart, she always wanted a dog so bad when she was a girl when she finally got one she was so happy.
Britta got amazing old as well I think overal 15 years or so, at the end my mother in law who's a nurse put her to sleep at home on the couch and she went easy, I held her head while she gave her the injection - she just complained for a second but it was over real fast - real sad otherwise.
I burried her later in the forrest (same forrest were they shot like a million or so jews but thats beside the point) and the grave is still there.

Schauzers are AWESOME - rat hunting dogs, my wife told me once when she went to the country side to visit her grand dad and Britta would go around the neighborhood with Moppa who was a big mix and the dog of her grand dad - one day they found a rat and moppa tried to kill the rat but he didn't know how, she had the rat killed in a second, bit her in the back and was so proud!!! :D

Awesome dogs

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2012, 09:47:39 AM »
Beautiful dog Coach.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2012, 09:48:29 AM »
Maybe you should take your own advice.

go suck a cock ::)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2012, 09:48:59 AM »
Our dog, a bastard dog-of-Bordeaux, is old and I think she won't make 2013. Makes me sad, cause she's been terrific.
After a while, I want another dog.

Any suggestions about which breed....?

Which breed of dog suits you best has everything to do with your circumstances. Do you have a big yard or just a little patio? Will the dog be an indoor dog or an outdoor one? Do you like to excercise the dog by taking it on walks frequently? Do you have children? And there are a raft of other circumstances that affect which breed of dog is best for you.

All my life, I have had dogs. Being as how I am old now, I've had quite a few dogs of various sizes and breeds. I can't say I ever had a bad dog. Presently, I have two dogs. One is a Rat Terrier and the other is a Labradore Retriver and Irish Wolfhound mix. Despite their size difference, they get along really well.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2012, 09:51:06 AM »
Which breed of dog suits you best has everything to do with your circumstances. Do you have a big yard or just a little patio? Will the dog be an indoor dog or an outdoor one? Do you like to excercise the dog by taking it on walks frequently? Do you have children? And there are a raft of other circumstances that affect which breed of dog is best for you.

All my life, I have had dogs. Being as how I am old now, I've had quite a few dogs of various sizes and breeds. I can't say I ever had a bad dog. Presently, I have two dogs. One is a Rat Terrier and the other is a Labradore Retriver and Irish Wolfhound mix. Despite their size difference, they get along really well.

i envy you, I want nothing more than a dog :(

I'm not complaining i have an awesome son - maybe when I finally buy a house I get a dog for the moment we are nor here nor there it wouldn't be too good to have a dog.

simon

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2012, 10:45:22 AM »
Great Dane.   This is my first, she is very very smart.   House broke in 2 weeks, rings a bell when she wants outside.  Great with the kids