Author Topic: Want to fuck with us Americans?? MK-44 mini-gun test fire  (Read 34458 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Want to fuck with us Americans??
« Reply #200 on: June 07, 2012, 06:13:00 PM »
I find a lot of Americans online to be dim, xenophopic, and quick to recommend violence on small and large scales.  Yet in person they are usually thoughtful, critical of their own government, and opposed to violence or war as all but a last resort.  

Wtf America?  ???
Im highly critical of my government. I think a lot of our "percieved" arrogance stems from Americans overreacting from other countries instantly judging us as a people based on the actions of our government.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #201 on: June 07, 2012, 06:22:21 PM »
Europeans tend to be very anti-Americans online. Could be a defense mechanism.

Again, in person I've rarely found this to be case.  On those occasions when I've been questioned about the objectionable actions of my government, I told 'em I voted for the other guy.

Nationhood is a weird and bankrupt concept anyway, although I don't usually give people the benefit of my full views on that since it only comes up in conversation with those who have strong feelings on the topic.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2012, 06:55:25 AM »

Wrong, but many of us are critical towards certain aspects of the US, like their their delusion of superiority, over consumption, superficiality, extreme income differences, hypocrite Christians and other aspects. It seems like many Americans have that feeling of "your with us, or against us", like that dumb cowboy once said  ::)
I would say, pay more attention to the rest of the world and grow the fuck up.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #203 on: June 08, 2012, 07:19:24 AM »
Deerrrppp.
Thats because we've never had that intent.
To do that, we'd have to annihilate everything. Good luck getting someone to convince the public and the politicians to go destroy an entire nation for no reason.
We have never, ever, gone to war (in recent history) with the intent of taking absolute control of someones elses country. Thats not how we roll.

Way to make yourself sound like a dumbass. Its pretty clear you know jack shit about the US military history.

QFT...as we told the French, "all we ask for is enough land to bury our dead"

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: June 08, 2012, 07:34:08 AM »
Wrong, but many of us are critical towards certain aspects of the US, like their their delusion of superiority, over consumption, superficiality, extreme income differences, hypocrite Christians and other aspects. It seems like many Americans have that feeling of "your with us, or against us", like that dumb cowboy once said  ::)

Seems like you just proved my point.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #205 on: June 08, 2012, 07:36:05 AM »
Seems like you just proved my point.

Enjoy your delusional state of mind  ::)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
Re: Want to fuck with us Americans?? MK-44 mini-gun test fire
« Reply #206 on: June 08, 2012, 07:42:49 AM »
You have been fucked with before multiple times....

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #207 on: June 08, 2012, 08:39:37 AM »
Wrong
You say this, in response to this comment -

And then go on to say this.

but many of us are critical towards certain aspects of the US, like their their delusion of superiority, over consumption, superficiality, extreme income differences, hypocrite Christians and other aspects. It seems like many Americans have that feeling of "your with us, or against us", like that dumb cowboy once said ::)

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot broseph?
"Wrong, Were not anti-American, now let me rant on why I hate Americans."

Fail.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #208 on: June 08, 2012, 08:44:24 AM »
You say this, in response to this comment -

And then go on to say this.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot broseph?
"Wrong, Were not anti-American, now let me rant on why I hate Americans."

Fail.

You fail to see the difference between critique and hate/anti-something.
I never said I "hate" Americans. In that case, why would I join a forum where >50% is from the US?
So think deeper, my friend

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: June 08, 2012, 08:56:36 AM »
I never said I "hate" Americans. In that case, why would I join a forum where >50% is from the US?

I suppose it's all about perspective and culture but I really don't see your average american creating constant threads titled "Germans are so stupid" or "Those cowardly British" or "France is doomed to the apocalypse, destruction right around the corner" <------------ ::) ::) ::)  

Yeah the average American poster on here might make a quip here or there towards a nation when the situation arises but to make thread after thread over a singular country is just something that I can't grasp. It does reek a bit of insecurity though.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #210 on: June 08, 2012, 09:17:59 AM »
I suppose it's all about perspective and culture but I really don't see your average american creating constant threads titled "Germans are so stupid" or "Those cowardly British" or "France is doomed to the apocalypse, destruction right around the corner" <------------ ::) ::) ::)  

Yeah the average American poster on here might make a quip here or there towards a nation when the situation arises but to make thread after thread over a singular country is just something that I can't grasp. It does reek a bit of insecurity though.

Yes perspective, people who feel themselves attacked/hated, just because others have some critical/noncritical comments, are pretty insecure in my book. Every person/nation deserves a critical view, it's never time to sit back and relax and say "wow, what a perfect country this is".

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: June 08, 2012, 09:32:39 AM »
Yes perspective, people who feel themselves attacked/hated, just because others have some critical/noncritical comments, are pretty insecure in my book. Every person/nation deserves a critical view, it's never time to sit back and relax and say "wow, what a perfect country this is".

Oh yeah there are a million "America is such a perfect and great nation" threads on getbig.  ::)

Gimme a fucking break... You wanna compare the number of "Americans are so stupid etc etc etc" threads vs. "America is so perfect" threads?

I guarantee you its AT LEAST 3 to 1 to the negative side and that is an EXTREMELY conservative estimate. 10 to 1 in the negative vs. "America is so perfect" would not surprise.

It's just obvious you are completely biased on this or just flat out have your head up your ass with really strange anti-american sentiment because on face value you have zero evidence to back up your statement. 

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #212 on: June 08, 2012, 09:35:04 AM »

Let this motherfukin' thread die already  ::)

It would have been cool to have a conversation about that gun and compare it with others maybe.... but noooo, yankees couldn't keep from turning the thread to how they would kill everyone (and rape the underage daughters)....

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #213 on: June 08, 2012, 09:58:50 AM »

It would have been cool to have a conversation about that gun and compare it with others maybe.... but noooo, yankees couldn't keep from turning the thread to how they would kill everyone (and rape the underage daughters)....

I agree with this, it makes no sense to discuss with hate-obsessed folks

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #214 on: June 08, 2012, 10:18:27 AM »

Somebody combined 2 threads broseph.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #215 on: June 08, 2012, 10:25:14 AM »
Really?
This is critiquing to you?

seems like many Americans have that feeling of "your with us, or against us", like that dumb cowboy once said

and

pay more attention to the rest of the world and grow the fuck up

Sounds like an awful lot like you hating on what you percieve Americans to be. Its ironic considering many Europeans love to talk shit about the US for stereotyping their countries, but yet when you do it to us, its "critiquing".

Lulz.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #216 on: June 08, 2012, 10:36:21 AM »
Really?
This is critiquing to you?

Sounds like an awful lot like you hating on what you percieve Americans to be. Its ironic considering many Europeans love to talk shit about the US for stereotyping their countries, but yet when you do it to us, its "critiquing".

Lulz.

Call it what you want, if it feels good to be in the victim position as a hated person, feel free to do so  ::)
Furthermore, it's you who talks in terms of Europeans vs. Americans, as if it's a it's a sport match ::)
You think I don't criticize my own country (Netherlands) or Europe in general? Wrong!

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #217 on: June 28, 2012, 06:39:55 PM »
We'll stick a boot in your ass, it's the American way.

;D
#

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #218 on: June 29, 2012, 04:21:44 AM »
America could be the greatest country on earth.
Hope it recovers but it's unlikely - my concern with it is the myriad of wasp's nest it's been creating  and fundamentalists it's been supporting.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #219 on: June 29, 2012, 07:17:22 AM »
America is crashing under Obama. He has turned the country into what can the goverment do for me with other people's tax money. Unfortunately the tax payers are being killed in the elections by people who take from the government. The new massively expensive health care law has been called a legal tax of the workers by the supreme court. It's only a matter of time before we will have to have a 50% tax rate to keep up with the amount the goverment is spending.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #220 on: June 29, 2012, 07:22:49 AM »
America is crashing under Obama. He has turned the country into what can the goverment do for me with other people's tax money. Unfortunately the tax payers are being killed in the elections by people who take from the government. The new massively expensive health care law has been called a legal tax of the workers by the supreme court. It's only a matter of time before we will have to have a 50% tax rate to keep up with the amount the goverment is spending.

"crashing.."  ::)
please stop the drama, it's pathetic

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2012, 07:50:37 AM »
"crashing.."  ::)
please stop the drama, it's pathetic
Crashing is the term. Just look at how much he has increased the deficit in three years. It's staggering. Now with the new health care law it will only increase. What is pathetic is what you choose to ignore.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #222 on: June 29, 2012, 08:48:55 AM »
Crashing is the term. Just look at how much he has increased the deficit in three years. It's staggering. Now with the new health care law it will only increase. What is pathetic is what you choose to ignore.

Well first of all, I'm not an American myself so I don't want to start another rep-demo debate. And second, would a conservative leader improve the US economy under the same circumstances? I highly doubt it.
Regarding the "Obamacare" plan, I think every person has the right on affordable health care. Yes, I know about the arguments like "being forced to have a contract with a private company", but it's just pathetic. Your health should be more important than those principles, think about that.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #223 on: June 30, 2012, 05:02:56 AM »
Well first of all, I'm not an American myself so I don't want to start another rep-demo debate. And second, would a conservative leader improve the US economy under the same circumstances? I highly doubt it.
Regarding the "Obamacare" plan, I think every person has the right on affordable health care. Yes, I know about the arguments like "being forced to have a contract with a private company", but it's just pathetic. Your health should be more important than those principles, think about that.
Uh, what?
Sorry, I dont agree that we should sacrifice the principles of the founding fathers for security. Health or otherwise.
Did healthcare need some help? Yes. Is Obamacare the right choice? Fuck no. Its a step in the wrong direction, and it seems mostly to be done for the good of the insurance companies.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #224 on: June 30, 2012, 06:41:49 AM »
Uh, what?
Sorry, I dont agree that we should sacrifice the principles of the founding fathers for security. Health or otherwise.
Did healthcare need some help? Yes. Is Obamacare the right choice? Fuck no. Its a step in the wrong direction, and it seems mostly to be done for the good of the insurance companies.

Then what's your plan to keep healthcare affordable for every American?