Author Topic: What's life to you?  (Read 10111 times)

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Re: What's life to you?
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2012, 04:57:34 PM »
late in this thread, looks like its already deteriorated to cumshot compilations. but life is about being good to people and to yourself. there is no heaven/hell. stop that balonie. be kind

self outing :-\

back to the cum dumpsters  :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2012, 05:26:04 PM »

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Re: Life
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2012, 03:32:09 PM »
Happiness is terribly overrated. To see that this is so, read about Robert Nozick's "experience machine," which appears in his book Anarchy, the State, and Utopia. It is a thought experiment where we are asked whether we'd want to be plugged into a machine that could stimulate our brain such that we always have pleasurable experiences. But, the reality we'd be experiencing would be totally false and we'd never actually be doing anything in the real world (in other words, we'd each be in our own little pod and would never actually interact).

If happiness (pleasure) were all that mattered here then we'd gladly plug in and forget about the real world. But most (normal) people reject that; it seems like there is something more to value to our existence than just being happy all the time, like actually doing real things, interacting with real people, accomplishing stuff, understanding the world better, etc. So, if you would opt out of being plugged in (I think most people would), you need to say that there is more to life than just happiness.

P.S. If this all sounds like the Matrix then that's because it is ... or rather, the Matrix stole the idea, as the book was written in the 70's.

I would agree to be "plugged in". All the experience of life still happens in the brain so I couldn't care less. Actually - most people will spend their time that way (plugged into the virtual reality) once a computer-brain interface will be good enough (just like they are epnding their time on FB, second life and other virtual stuff currently.. actually - most of their time, already..). People may be against such an idea just because it's a "radical" one.. once they get accustomed to it - it becomes a whole diff. deal..

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2012, 03:34:38 AM »
life is like a twinky

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2012, 03:39:57 AM »
life is like a twinky
Disgusting, unhealthy and fattening?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Life
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2012, 05:00:17 AM »
Those three things is all that's needed.

First and foremost, your health, a functional family with a good wife that supports you etc, and then a decent economy (nothing special).

Nothing more is needed for an enjoyable existence.

This is true. These are the ingredients for a good life, and the combination of these things will make any attainable dream come true. Whether it is travel, a home, a family, these things will make it all possible.