Author Topic: retarded things people do in your gym  (Read 24008 times)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: retarded things people do in your gym
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2012, 04:17:30 PM »
that dude in the blue tank top looked like he was 1 week away from going into the nationals
R

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2012, 04:27:12 PM »
Threads like this need SF/QO...

The Squadfather
Getbig V

Brutal ownage of a local TV personality in the gym!!
« on: December 21, 2006, 08:14:39 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there's this clown who does local sports radio at my gym, 6'0" 170lbs. around 30 years old, reaaly arrogant, sarcastic little bitch, anyways he's in the gym doing dumbbell inclines with the 60's for his heaviest set and i'm training legs and i'm between sets and i say, "60 pound dumbbells, YOU'RE A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" hahahahaha, i'm gonna keep making fun of him until he has a meltdown.

~

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2012, 05:14:50 PM »
There's a guy who comes in a couple times a week who's probably in his mid-late 50's.  Drives one of those Hemi Chargers (black) and parks on an angle in front taking up 3 spots.  Looks like he could've been a defensive tackle "back in the day" but now is just a big, fat, barrel chested lug with robin legs.  Probably runs about 370#.  First thing he does as he charges into the gym, with no regard of who or what is in his way, is to flap his arms around like a whirly-bird 90 miles an hour.  Then he flat benches, again, about 90 miles an hour. Goes to the hammer-strength chest and pumps that out 90 miles an hour.  Then he'll either his bis or tris (1/4 reps), slamming the weights each set.  That's it.

I feel like keying his car every time I see it in the parking lot
.  >:(
:

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2012, 05:18:41 PM »
ah yes, i remember now, there was one guy who layed on the floor under the smith machine and used it for leg presses ::)
Haha.

Classic.

G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2012, 05:19:30 PM »
There's a guy who comes in a couple times a week who's probably in his mid-late 50's.  Drives one of those Hemi Chargers (black) and parks on an angle in front taking up 3 spots.  Looks like he could've been a defensive tackle "back in the day" but now is just a big, fat, barrel chested lug with robin legs.  Probably runs about 370#.  First thing he does as he charges into the gym, with no regard of who or what is in his way, is to flap his arms around like a whirly-bird 90 miles an hour.  Then he flat benches, again, about 90 miles an hour. Goes to the hammer-strength chest and pumps that out 90 miles an hour.  Then he'll either his bis or tris (1/4 reps), slamming the weights each set.  That's it.

I feel like keying his car every time I see it in the parking lot
.  >:(
Hey, that's me.

You leave my truck alone.

G

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2012, 05:25:43 PM »
Hey, that's me.

You leave my truck alone.

Mid-life crisis?

;D
:

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 05:41:58 PM »
dont you guys have enough money to afford a home and a basement where to put your own home gym?

It is statistically impossible to avoid retards in a public gym, too many of them.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 05:50:37 PM »
Rest for 10-20 mins while doing dumbbell rows with 65 pounds.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 05:55:33 PM »
Not give me blow jobs.

G

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2012, 06:04:41 PM »
the list is endless: in a nutshell, its dipshits trying to be bad asses. this includes

hats turned to one side or the other

wifebeaters / under armor

lifting too much weight with poor form / partial ROM

sweating like a ni.ggar on court day all over the equipment

improper use of equip., ie, curls in squat rack

screaming: "lift it homey" too loud considering its only 85 lbs

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2012, 06:26:03 PM »
dont you guys have enough money to afford a home and a basement where to put your own home gym?

It is statistically impossible to avoid retards in a public gym, too many of them.

I have a very nice home gym in my basement.  I NEVER use it.  Actually I forget that it's down there.  Too dreary.
:

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2012, 06:26:57 PM »
I have a very nice home gym in my basement.  I NEVER use it.  Actually I forget that it's down there.  Too dreary.
::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2012, 07:51:25 PM »
So many fools finish a set and start shadow boxing.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2012, 08:04:55 PM »
that dude had no business messing with 315 ::) he prolly cant get 225 for a rep by himself never mind 315. if ya cant get at least 6 to 8 good reps by yourself the weights to damn heavy, just like squats, if you cant go rock bottom the weights to heavy. old school is still king
exactly thats why people love the bench press great excersise for showing off getting the spotter to yank the weight off.. he wouldnt try that with dumbells because he probably couldnt get them in place plus its hard to get a spotter to do the work for you with dumbells....
a lot of guys are morons.. basically ego all ego
choice is an illusion

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2012, 08:09:07 PM »
A number of things that are totally "normal" here in Japan:

One spoonful of creatine after each set.
Using lifting straps on ALL exercises, even bench press or warm-up sets.
Using a weightlifting belt ALL the time. (also on bench press, triceps cable push-downs etc)
throwing the weight around or doing 1 inch reps with way too much weight.
buying your protein in the gym shop (125$$ for 1.5kg whey concentrate) instead of buying on the internet (100$ for 10kg)

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2012, 08:17:48 PM »

well done.... ive let a few idiots stay under the bar until totally embrassed then help

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

He only stretched his left pec in the vid... If he would've stretched the right pec as well, this whole snafu wouldn't have happened.. BOOM  problem solved  :D

whitewidow

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2012, 08:25:52 PM »
there is a jackass who puts on 225lbs and takes  it off the olympic bench press rack and goes down ike 1-2 inches and brings it back up. he does it for 4-5 reps 4-5 sets maybe goes down a few inches and comes back up! I just do not get how that would benefit him! He shoud just take a plate off and bench 135lbs but actually do a set where he touches his chest  and uses full range of motion. He is too old to get mad at though. he has to be late 40's. Also guys who you see leave the shitter and do not wash there hands and go ift free weights. It's just nasty! I cannot believe guys in there 20's and 30's take a shit or piss and dont wash there hands and then touch the free weights! I know most people wouldn't catch this and think much of it but it makes me sick!Germ city!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2012, 04:08:37 AM »
there is a jackass who puts on 225lbs and takes  it off the olympic bench press rack and goes down ike 1-2 inches and brings it back up. he does it for 4-5 reps 4-5 sets maybe goes down a few inches and comes back up! I just do not get how that would benefit him! He shoud just take a plate off and bench 135lbs but actually do a set where he touches his chest  and uses full range of motion. He is too old to get mad at though. he has to be late 40's. Also guys who you see leave the shitter and do not wash there hands and go ift free weights. It's just nasty! I cannot believe guys in there 20's and 30's take a shit or piss and dont wash there hands and then touch the free weights! I know most people wouldn't catch this and think much of it but it makes me sick!Germ city!
^
They communicate with each other via penile scents.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2012, 04:26:49 AM »
So many fools finish a set and start shadow boxing.

How've you been, sir?

~

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2012, 06:10:55 AM »
Guy at my gym does 1/3 rep bench/incline/decline, then keeps complaining to anyone who will listen about how bad his shoulder hurts, like a knife cutting into it.  Goes up to 225+ but can't do a real rep.

I got caught by him about 2 months ago.  Told him the first thing he needs to do was stop all pressing movements and rest it.  He said he didn't want to "lose it".

Didn't see him for six weeks, and he was back doing the exact same shit, except he grabbed a foam roller and rolled his shoulder against a machine once or twice.
Y

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2012, 06:37:37 AM »
bad habits are hard to break in the gym, i was fortunate enough to train at a great gym(diamond gym) when i started out and those guys helped me and showed me proper form
R

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2012, 07:22:36 AM »
today, there was a guy in the gym training chest right next to the rack where i trained legs.

he walked around all pumpep up, imaginary monster lat, "tuff" stare, the usual stuff.

so while i was in the middle of a set of squats he walks past me in a way where i had to move out of his way wight the bar on my neck.
i did say a think.
next set, he does the same thing again.
i observe him benchpressing, he used 22olbs wich was bit too much for him and he had worse form/range than dana lyn bailyes.hed unrack it, the bar would start to go unbalanced and hed barely balance it out and then-i swear im not exagerating-do a 1inch movement rep, hold on lock and then do the same again.
btw during his reps hed lift up his legs all the way up,like a homosexual who is about to receive an anal hammering.

between sets the idiot would do some stretching execrices and scream in the process.

i did a last set of light squats, him looking at the weight on my bar in a condescending way.

then, he puts 3 plates on his bar(310lbs) and motivates himself in a way , youd think its for a world record attempt.

he unlocks it and tries a full rep with the bar simply coming down to his chest, it was simply too much.
now hes squirming under the bar and can barely bring out a tone from the weight on his ribcage.

i simply sat down and told him i cant help him bc my legs are tired

and left him like that until some other ppl came along to help removing the bar.

;D

After putting this post through google translator so I could understand it I loled.

a couple of twinks come to the gym I go to and do their version of cross-fit bs; they will sometimes even dress alike

the part that makes me laugh hard every time is when they do laps (their is an indoor loop that goes around the perimeter of the main gym) running sideways, grapevines and even backwards

The men who come in a do the stepup bullshit and other assorted womens movements annoy and sicken me.

;D ;D
R

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2012, 07:27:16 AM »
bad habits are hard to break in the gym, i was fortunate enough to train at a great gym(diamond gym) when i started out and those guys helped me and showed me proper form

I've heard that gym had a lot of top amateurs and pros!

When did you train there?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2012, 07:40:03 AM »
Dude wearing weightlifting gloves while doing low intensity, steady state cardio, and nothing else.

There's a guy who comes in a couple times a week who's probably in his mid-late 50's.  Drives one of those Hemi Chargers (black) and parks on an angle in front taking up 3 spots.  Looks like he could've been a defensive tackle "back in the day" but now is just a big, fat, barrel chested lug with robin legs.  Probably runs about 370#.  First thing he does as he charges into the gym, with no regard of who or what is in his way, is to flap his arms around like a whirly-bird 90 miles an hour.  Then he flat benches, again, about 90 miles an hour. Goes to the hammer-strength chest and pumps that out 90 miles an hour.  Then he'll either his bis or tris (1/4 reps), slamming the weights each set.  That's it.
>:(

;D ;D
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2012, 07:49:50 AM »

I've heard that gym had a lot of top amateurs and pros!

When did you train there?

from 81-till 2005 or so, yeah i used to train at the same time as johnnie morant and kemper in the early morning. lol, morant would have trouble getting up in the morning and kemper would go to johnnies house and drag him outta bed and bring him to the gym. nick lavitola, guy(duke)duccasse, carla dunlop(mrs olympia), lucho, derrick whitsett(pro), jason arntz(pro) beau matlock(top amature) sean jones(jersey state champ) and a bunch others all trained there through the years. i miss those days
R