Author Topic: Who believes in God?  (Read 51741 times)

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
Who believes in God?
« on: June 16, 2012, 10:16:33 PM »
The more I read into quantum physics and the zero point field, the more I believe. And before you rattle off your typical "GetBigger" stance on the topic replete with your barbs of "fairy tale" and other nonsense...I heartily recommend you become familiar with layman quantum mechanics.

It's actually mind blowing. So? There was a big bang? What was going on before that? (Science has *crickets*) There was nothing? And then..all the sudden...there was something? The Universe? How does that logically differ from.."HEY THERE WAS A FAIRY TALE MAN AND HE MADE THE UNIVERSE"?

So, you non God fearing heathens..you're telling me..that (best science you got, btw) there was nothing and BANG!!! THERE WAS SOMETHING!!

And you laugh at religious people?

Disclaimer: I subscribe to Steve Jobs's view that "all religions are windows to the same house".

Discuss.
The answer is "yes".

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: Who believes in God?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 10:18:27 PM »
The more I read into quantum physics and the zero point field, the more I believe. And before you rattle off your typical "GetBigger" stance on the topic replete with your barbs of "fairy tale" and other nonsense...I heartily recommend you become familiar with layman quantum mechanics.

It's actually mind blowing. So? There was a big bang? What was going on before that? (Science has *crickets*) There was nothing? And then..all the sudden...there was something? The Universe? How does that logically differ from.."HEY THERE WAS A FAIRY TALE MAN AND HE MADE THE UNIVERSE"?

So, you non God fearing heathens..you're telling me..that (best science you got, btw) there was nothing and BANG!!! THERE WAS SOMETHING!!

Disclaimer: I subscribe to Steve Jobs's view that "all religions are windows to the same house".

Discuss.

GOD IS DEAD!

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?
—Nietzsche
V

dynamike

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 10:20:47 PM »

Discuss.

This.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 10:21:12 PM »
Nietzche is dead.
 ~God
The answer is "yes".

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 10:22:17 PM »

Discuss.
The laws of nature themselves tells us that not only can the universe have popped into existence like a proton and have required nothing in terms of energy but also that it is possible that nothing caused the big bang, You can't get to a time before the big bang because there was no before the big bang. We have finally found something that doesn't have a cause because there was no time for a cause to exist in. This means there is no possibility of a Creator because there is no time for a Creator to have existed."

Since time itself began at the moment of the big bang, it was an event that could not have been caused or created by anyone or anything
V

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 10:25:04 PM »
why I bang your mom

your mom always says, "oh, big bang! oh, my god!"

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 10:25:50 PM »
The laws of nature themselves tells us that not only can the universe have popped into existence like a proton and have required nothing in terms of energy but also that it is possible that nothing caused the big bang," You can't get to a time before the big bang because there was no before the big bang. We have finally found something that doesn't have a cause because there was no time for a cause to exist in. This means there is no possibility of a Creator because there is no time for a Creator to have existed."

Since time itself began at the moment of the big bang, it was an event that could not have been caused or created by anyone or anything

I find your lack of knowledge of basic quantum physics disturbing. Educate yourself and then comment.
The answer is "yes".

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 10:26:28 PM »
I find your lack of knowledge of basic quantum physics disturbing. Educate yourself and then comment.
HA HA, I quoted Stephen Hawkings, sorry you find him so ignorant!

V

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 10:28:15 PM »
I quoted Stephen Hawkings, sorry you find him so ignorant!

I do. Apology accepted.
The answer is "yes".

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 10:28:54 PM »
well another question is even if a god exists does this mean we have eternal life? why would the presence of a god mean that we exist after we die? so even if there is a god we may very well cease to exist after death.. so whats the point and worshiping one? i am by no means saying this is the fact since realistically no one knows.. but to assume that the presence of a god automatically means we have a shot at a forever after is silly.. live a good life and let the chips fall were they may..

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 10:30:12 PM »
well another question is even if a god exists does this mean we have eternal life? why would the presence of a god mean that we exist after we die? so even if there is a god we may very well cease to exist after death.. so whats the point and worshiping one? i am by no means saying this is the fact since realistically no one knows.. but to assume that the presence of a god automatically means we have a shot at a forever after is silly.. live a good life and let the chips fall were they may..

You clowns really need to read the fuck up. Seriously.
The answer is "yes".

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 10:31:28 PM »
I do. Apology accepted.
Feel free, to offer up your accomplishments next to Stephen Hawkings, I am sure a Getbigger could easily accomplish what the Fool Stephen Hawkings has been able to achieve, all the while being limited by a severe handicap.

Field: Applied Mathematics, Theoretical Physics

Schooling: University of Oxford, University of Cambridge

Key Achievements: Black Holes, Theoretical Cosmology, Quantum Gravity

Notable Honors: Eddington Medal (1975), Hughes Medal of the Royal Society (1976), Albert Einstein Medal (1979), Order of the British Empire (1982), Gold Medal of the Royal Astronomical Society (1985), Member of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences (1986), Wolf Prize in Physics (1988), Prince of Asturias Award (1989), Companion of Honour (1989), Julius Edgar Lilienfeld Prize of the American Physical Society (1999), Michelson Morley Award of Case Western Reserve University (2003), Copley Medal of the Royal Society (2006), 12 Honorary Degrees, Member of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences. Cosmos Award from the Planetary Society (2010)
V

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 10:32:10 PM »
If there is actually a God, than why would he/she want to be worshipped? A real God would NOT want that of course. So why do religious people worship a God? Because they are brainwashed and don't know how to think for themselves.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 10:35:05 PM »
If there is actually a God, than why would he/she want to be worshipped? A real God would NOT want that of course. So why do religious people worship a God? Because they are brainwashed and don't know how to think for themselves.

Who said God wants to be worshiped? Some man somewhere? Again...read the fuck up.
The answer is "yes".

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 10:35:54 PM »

I believe Mao Tse Tung when he said "Religion is POISON"
V

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 10:36:35 PM »
Oh..and E-Kul..read 'The Black Swan" and quit playing the clown.
The answer is "yes".

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 10:43:16 PM »
Oh..and E-Kul..read 'The Black Swan" and quit playing the clown.
Are you suggesting that Hawkings theory is a black swan theory, this is ridiculous, Black Swan theory suggests that humans' tend to find simplistic explanations for rare and unpredictable events.  Hawkins theory would be considered far from simple, it is a deeply complex body of work that has come to life after thousands of years of knowledge piled one on top of the other - far from a simple - as a matter of fact it is the most plausible scientific theory yet to be developed - far more valid than just making up fairy tales!
V

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 10:46:11 PM »
Are you suggesting that Hawkings theory is a black swan theory, this is ridiculous, Black Swan theory suggests that humans' tend to find simplistic explanations for rare and unpredictable events.  Hawkins theory would be considered far from simple, it is a deeply complex body of work that has come to life after thousands of years of knowledge piled one on top of the other - far from a simple - as a matter of fact it is the most plausible scientific theory yet to be developed - far more valid than just making up fairy tales!

I'm not suggesting that. Read the goddamn book. And....here's a little clue: Hawking could be WRONG.  :-*
The answer is "yes".

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 10:51:05 PM »
I'm not suggesting that. Read the goddamn book. And....here's a little clue: Hawking could be WRONG.  :-*
Oh Yes, I thought that what you were getting at - I know Hawking could be wrong, that's why its called a Theory!  Hawkings didn't offer up his conclusions as fact, but the best science can offer for now, it's a starting point, and I don't believe Hawkings is done with the problem, he is just getting going, and he is setting the groundwork for future exploration of other great minds.  Hawkins himself considers himself an Agnostic, meaning perhaps THE TRUTH cannot be known with our teeny weeny brains!

I don't have time to read any more than what I already do, and some of that stuff is really heavy and beyond my little brain!
V

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 10:54:42 PM »
Got some sad news for you E-Kul..

I've read all of Hawkings books.

Average GetBigger with common sense could've wrote them. I was not impressed.

If you setting your flag on the Hawking hill...well, that dog not gonna hunt.

Pick another "hero".
The answer is "yes".

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2012, 11:12:27 PM »
Got some sad news for you E-Kul..

I've read all of Hawkings books.

Average GetBigger with common sense could've wrote them. I was not impressed.

If you setting your flag on the Hawking hill...well, that dog not gonna hunt.

Pick another "hero".
Your my Hero, NOW!

but I do like these words by Nagarjuna :

The gods are all eternal scoundrels
Incapable of dissolving the suffering of impermanence.
Those who serve them and venerate them
May even in this world sink into a sea of sorrow.
We know the gods are false and have no concrete being;
Therefore the wise man believes them not
The fate of the world depends on causes and conditions
Therefore the wise man many not rely on gods.
V

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 11:19:28 PM »
God of the gaps is a type of theological perspective in which gaps in scientific knowledge are taken to be evidence or proof of God's existence. The term was invented by Christian theologians not to discredit theism but rather to point out the fallacy of relying on teleological arguments for God's existence.[1]

X

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 11:19:57 PM »
Your my Hero, NOW!

but I do like these words by Nagarjuna :

The gods are all eternal scoundrels
Incapable of dissolving the suffering of impermanence.
Those who serve them and venerate them
May even in this world sink into a sea of sorrow.
We know the gods are false and have no concrete being;
Therefore the wise man believes them not
The fate of the world depends on causes and conditions
Therefore the wise man many not rely on gods.

good for you..you've managed to mask your ignorance of quantum psychics  so far....
The answer is "yes".

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 11:20:34 PM »
Will Brink needs a man bra and Pat Banya spends too much time talking about things coming out of China

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 11:21:26 PM »
God of the gaps is a type of theological perspective in which gaps in scientific knowledge are taken to be evidence or proof of God's existence. The term was invented by Christian theologians not to discredit theism but rather to point out the fallacy of relying on teleological arguments for God's existence.[1]

Hi idiot.
If you can't speak quantum mechanics..gtfo. OK retard?
The answer is "yes".