Author Topic: Who believes in God?  (Read 51729 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Who believes in God?
« Reply #425 on: August 26, 2012, 01:59:45 PM »
There is a force/power greater than our comprehension.  I have no doubt about this.  Something created everything.  

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #426 on: August 27, 2012, 03:34:15 AM »
America has wronged the whole of humanity with their imperial expansionist interventionist genocidal foreign policies, it's illegal wars, it's destruction of democracy, it's disgusting use of propaganda, it's destruction of the legal system and justice, it's promotion of greed and immorality, it's lust for power and wealth at the expense of the disenfranchised and weak, it's complete disregard for human rights, it's stark hypocrisy, it's lack of compassion, empathy or regard for those they kill, rape and generally trample all over for reasons that can only be regarded as sociopathic, it's promotion of the elites and vilification of the poor, it's introduction of mainstream terrorism and fear to implement fascist polices and to top it all off it's overt covering up of it's atrocities by silencing whistle blowers and using the media to misinform and distract the public from the important issues and cover up there crimes.  Australians hate America, it's just our weak as piss politicians who have become puppets in Americas attempt to take over the world.  America has exported nothing but terror, hopelessness, fear, lies, propaganda and trash TV.  Fuck America.
If you're confused by these two little words, you've come to the right place. (Not that there aren't other right places.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's is a contraction for it is or it has.

Its is a possessive pronoun meaning, more or less, of it or belonging to it.

And there is absolutely, positively, no such word as its'.

A simple test
If you can replace it[']s in your sentence with it is or it has, then your word is it's; otherwise, your word is its.

Another test
Its is the neuter version of his and her. Try plugging her into your sentence where you think its belongs. If the sentence still works grammatically (if not logically) then your word is indeed its.

Examples
It's been good to know you. Contraction: it has
It's a bird! It's a plane! Contraction: it is

The dodo bird is known for its inability to fly. Possessive pronoun: its inability = the dodo bird's inability

HTH.
G

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #427 on: September 06, 2012, 10:52:45 AM »
FYI ~ I still believe in God. 

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #428 on: September 06, 2012, 12:37:31 PM »
Are you fucking kidding, this is GETBIG if I was to quote facts of the infinite list of Shit America has been pulling for the past half century to get to the point where they are now, I would have to sit on my laptop 24/7.  I have tired of posting facts here on Getbig, if you truly doubt any of my tirade or accusations, look for yourself, I don't care.  You mentioned Noam Chomsky, stop being a lazy cun+ and read some of his works: Class Warfare, Necessary Illusions, Occupied Media, You are being lied to, Anarachism, marxism & the hope for the future, Hegemony or survival, Pirates and Emperors, Fateful Triangle, Year 501, The Conquest continue, The Prosperous few and the restless many, Keeping the Rabble in Line, Secrets, Lies and Democracy, What Uncles Sam really wants the list goes on and on of available material from Noam on what a POS the USA has become, Noam just too polite and also afraid to put it the way I do.

Chomsky's work on politics is really rather mundane and represents a recapitulation of Marxist theories of international politics. You can find a good explanation of such theories in a book like:

They fill a nice gap in the political science literature, viz., the lack of any substantive attempt to measure the influence of corporations on public policy. But they have their problems and there are plenty of observations they cannot explain. Just because Chomsky writes and speaks with absolute confidence on the matter does not mean he is a prophet.

Chomsky's real insights are in linguistics and even philosophy. He interfaced with the big names in analytic philosophy of the 20th century (e.g., Quine, Putnam, Kripke) and knows more about the subject than many Phd's these days. Here is an interview where we get to see his analytic chops in action:

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #429 on: September 06, 2012, 07:35:54 PM »
FYI ~ I still believe in God.  

So what! No one cares what you think.  Not even God!  God must get sick and tired of God Botherers swinging from his all-mighty Nutsack!
V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #430 on: September 07, 2012, 06:59:29 AM »
So what! No one cares what you think.  Not even God!  God must get sick and tired of God Botherers swinging from his all-mighty Nutsack!

Have a blessed day E-Kul!

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #431 on: September 07, 2012, 07:45:03 AM »
So what! No one cares what you think.  Not even God!  God must get sick and tired of God Botherers swinging from his all-mighty Nutsack!
Actually it is the opposite, no one cares what you think, you are viewed as a nut case around here and MOS is a quality poster  ;)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: September 18, 2012, 11:08:47 AM »
Checked again today....I still believe in God.....a blessed day to all!

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #433 on: September 18, 2012, 11:21:07 AM »
America has wronged the whole of humanity with their imperial expansionist interventionist genocidal foreign policies, it's illegal wars, it's destruction of democracy, it's disgusting use of propaganda, it's destruction of the legal system and justice, it's promotion of greed and immorality, it's lust for power and wealth at the expense of the disenfranchised and weak, it's complete disregard for human rights, it's stark hypocrisy, it's lack of compassion, empathy or regard for those they kill, rape and generally trample all over for reasons that can only be regarded as sociopathic, it's promotion of the elites and vilification of the poor, it's introduction of mainstream terrorism and fear to implement fascist polices and to top it all off it's overt covering up of it's atrocities by silencing whistle blowers and using the media to misinform and distract the public from the important issues and cover up there crimes.  Australians hate America, it's just our weak as piss politicians who have become puppets in Americas attempt to take over the world.  America has exported nothing but terror, hopelessness, fear, lies, propaganda and trash TV.  Fuck America.

Wait... Australia? Bwahahahahahaha.... Bwauahahahahaha

Seriously if not for your alliance with the US, you, France, Canada and all these other piss poor excuses for countries would be flying black Muslim flags right now you fucking ingrate. Go get your shine box.
$

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #434 on: September 18, 2012, 07:11:53 PM »
it's destruction of democracy

Riiiigggght. What is your idea of a "democracy"? Venezuela?