Author Topic: At what age does someone become "old"?  (Read 25917 times)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Re: At what age does someone become "old"?
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2012, 05:34:34 AM »
What about when the problem is your pecker hitting the water when sitting which is an issue I run into on a consistent basis?

"That toilet water is cold...and it's deep too"

You want all the schmoes to know you got a long cock?  :-\
P

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2012, 07:21:21 AM »
It's relative, really.. all about the epigenetic state of cells.

This fella is 61. watch what an agility he has at that age: http://vimeo.com/28790000

I'm pretty sure he doesn't feel (nor look) old.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2012, 07:35:24 AM »
Honestly, as said before, its much easier to standout from the crowd once you reach thirty and beyond if you are fit, in your late teens and twenties you re competing against numerous in shape pretty boys for the quality vagina, once you get in to your thirties you pretty much stand alone in most circles if you are lean and fit.The benefit here is you give less of a shit what anybody thinks of you,are far more experienced and comfortable with who you are and dont put the pussy on a pedastal.The women your own age want you, the younger women with a thing for older men go crazy because you are one of the few that are inshape.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2012, 07:37:29 AM »
It's relative, really.. all about the epigenetic state of cells.

This fella is 61. watch what an agility he has at that age: http://vimeo.com/28790000

I'm pretty sure he doesn't feel (nor look) old.

Wonder why at 50 he changed his name?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2012, 07:40:27 AM »
"That toilet water is cold...and it's deep too"
^Richard Pryor^  ???

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2012, 07:42:42 AM »
Turned 50 today. Having never been one to sweat over turning 30, 40, 45 I admit 50 has me reflecting a bit. It's hard to rationalize that I'm not really that old... I work out, I feel my cardio is as good as it was 20 yrs ago, I get the "You don't look close to that age" response and honestly still feel 35. but.... Things take longer to heal, lower back hurts from long bouts of standing or walking, don't feel as quick or agile, and I'm keeping Just For Men financially stable.

Thinking back on when I was in my 20's, I thought 50 was ancient. Now I think 70 is... Funny how that works. I'll enjoy my birthday with the standard cake and all the food trimmings that go along with it, but I plan on celebrating my 50th by recommitting myself to a healthy lifestyle and getting back into the best shape possible.            

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2012, 07:46:26 AM »
standard coke

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2012, 07:48:12 AM »
you know you're old as a man, when you can no longer bust a second nut in 15mins after your first one...... ;D

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2012, 07:50:12 AM »
Things will change 20-30years down the road significantly. Replenishment of stem cell pools (the rejuvenation of their "niches", etc..), ability to "code" transcription factors (so instead of using GH, people will use viruses or other stuff to get tha mRNA into their body to make it produce certain proteins at the levels of young organism), tweaking of DNA chromatin structures (so to literally "turn back the clock" on a cellular level), and many more, which aren't even discovered curently (but progress is astouning).
 It's nothing more but a very specific cellular processes that go wrong over time, due to the lack of selective pressure over the generations after a certain age (reproductive peak), it starts to diminish gradually so the "code" ceases to adapt and stay in a phenotype, called "youth".
 Don't want to upset you guys, but you/we may be amongst the last generations who'll die from an old age (given the current pace of progress at understanding of what's really happening "under the hood"). Sounds bold and maybe even ridiculous, but that's an inevitable future, and the goal of an "evolution" of any given species (we, humans, have reached the point of evolution where we start "tweaking" our own evolution consciously, to speed it up.)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2012, 07:50:34 AM »
^Richard Pryor^  ???

God bless him.   :)  8)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2012, 07:51:51 AM »

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2012, 07:58:11 AM »
some people are old at 20, some are still young at 60/70/80

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2012, 08:00:45 AM »

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2012, 08:13:43 AM »
Exactly^^

Quess what... people like this one've "preplanned" all that in advance.. That does not happen "accidentally".. R.Robinson does not look like he does at his age just because "he was lucky", T.Freeman is not among top 10 bb'ers in the world just because he was genetically "blessed" (fella was as twinkish as me, before he started), many more examples (like J.Lalane, that female bbér with a great face, who is 50 änd  "still got it", etc..).. All they have in commond one thing - progressive mindset, of "keep going", keep improving, keep learning and "stay young" by any means possible.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2012, 08:25:04 AM »

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2012, 08:25:12 AM »

dude are you fucked in the head of something?

No. I'm just fascinated by a science that studies aging and everything related. Is that "fucked up in the head" by your standarts? If so - yes, I am. :)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2012, 08:26:05 AM »

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2012, 08:28:08 AM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2012, 08:28:08 AM »
No. I'm just fascinated by a science that studies aging and everything related. Is that "fucked up in the head" by your standarts? If so - yes, I am. :)
You are not doing yourself any good by being 240 lbs if you are concerned about aging.  The only thing so far proven to retard the effects of aging is a low calorie diet, reduced bodyweight and intermittent fasting.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2012, 08:30:45 AM »
You are not doing yourself any good by being 240 lbs if you are concerned about aging.  The only thing so far proven to retard the effects of aging is a low calorie diet, reduced bodyweight and intermittent fasting.

Truth. I'm very well aware of it and that always was a dilemma for me. I'm pretty confident in the progress that is being made in that field so theoretically I could go on CR for the rest of my life and see what happens (whether would I make it to an "escape velocity" or not), on the other hand - if that doesn't turn out to be true - I may regret of not pursuing my goals/dreams (being a "bodybuilder" in this case).. I try to minimise every other risk factor tho'.. And that's why I won't be pumping slin into my body anytime soon (or ever, to be more specific), as that would be a stretch by a big degree..

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2012, 08:32:50 AM »
You're taking that whole life extension anti-aging shit too seriously, not to mention you somehow involved pro bodybuilders into it.

Yeah, I'd say you start showing sings of "fucked up in the head"

Why do you think you can decide what's "too serious" for me or someone else? :) Just relax, really, and take seriously whatever other field that interests you.
 Pro bb'ers are notorious users of exogenous hormones, that's an experiment of "anti aging" at it's best. Some, as you can witness, turn out to be succesfull cases..

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2012, 08:37:10 AM »
experiment in anti-aging, lol

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2012, 08:39:06 AM »
another experiment, LOL

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2012, 08:40:00 AM »
lolol, experiment in anti-aging, why don't you get your head out of the clouds before people start handing your arse to you, hahaha

Yes, of course. It has been believed that "replenishing hormones" would "halt aging" to some extent (while other studies show that IGF signalling is the major pro-aging pathway, as it activates the m-tor one). Contradicting point of views, as at one hand - the restorement of what's lost "should" be beneficial on the long run, but on the other hand - pro-growth activity after the phase of development (experimentally/in vitro and some - in vivo) seems to be pro-aging.

Go have another "laugh" now ;)

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2012, 08:40:21 AM »
brutal anti-aging LOL