Author Topic: Cars - what kind of car do you have seriously?  (Read 77833 times)

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Cars
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2012, 05:12:25 AM »
I drive a Posche 917 supplied to me by der Führer:

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2012, 03:28:42 PM »
I drive an X6 5l twin turbo. Dont like new cars much and dont like any other BMWs

My project is a 69 C10 Chev, every single panel and part hand fabricated, Lexus engine with twin turbo, twin superchargers and NOS. 3 years in the making and less than a month till ready to drive. I am mechanically spastic so have done no mods myself. My builder is a genius, so it works out good.

The X6 is a fun vehicle, but it has a shockingly small interior given the external dimensions.  It appears to have been made for people under 5’8”. :(

The back seat is only good for your cat or a bag of groceries.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2012, 03:34:46 PM »
There is no better value in the 40,000 class than Infiniti, G37S 8)
T

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2012, 06:58:02 PM »
The X6 is a fun vehicle, but it has a shockingly small interior given the external dimensions.  It appears to have been made for people under 5’8”. :(

You got a point, I mostly only use the front seats or sometimes the little kids in the back. My wife drives a Q7 which is really practical for the big family car.

X6 drives like sports car on the open road.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2012, 07:17:02 PM »
i use to have a 88 trans am -GTA-tune port injection with honey comb gold rims. i really liked that car

I had an 89...loved it. but i put 18 inch ronals on it, the 5 stars were painted white like the car with a chrome lip. it looked badass.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2012, 07:24:33 PM »

terrible blind spot ,,rear window is useless,,nice lines and x version like all bmw's awesome.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »

Not enough room for a good ol' rimjob?  :'(

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2012, 07:44:19 PM »
It's a car, you fucks. ::)

Men drive trucks.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2012, 07:51:30 PM »
It's a car, you fucks. ::)

Men drive trucks.
Only to haul their race cars.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2012, 09:44:32 AM »
I currently have an '06 H2 Hummer, '05 Dodge Ram Hemi Quad Cab, and a basically stock '77 Yellow Corvette with manual tranny.  Rather than purchasing a new vehicle, I plan on swapping a Duramax into the H2.  Still not quite sure what I want to do with the Vette, however...I have a ton of options.

Past cars have included:

'01 Trans Am....Forged Heads/Cam, 4000 Stall, 150 Wet Shot + 150 Dry Shot...dynoed at 683 RWHP 714 RWTQ...ran a best of 10.31 up at old Moroso track on a hot, shitty August day.  I think I'd hit high 9's if track conditions were better and it were cooler out.

'85 Trans Am....High compression 383 stroker putting out close to 500 RWHP on a 3-speed Auto...car was a fuckin' blast to drive.

'79 Lincoln Town Car Continental.....the picture below was basically what it was....I had plans for swapping a 5.9 Cummins into it but there was just too much rust that would be too costly to properly fix.  I sold it...was a damn boat, though.

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2012, 05:40:32 PM »
Full 25.2 chassis, all carbon body, 855 cubic inches, 4 stages of nitrous, 3 speed lenco, 5.80s at over 240mph in the 1/4. I am lucky enough to work on cars like these and be part of pit crews, and every now and then drive them, but I would never want to own one. LOL
down with hussein

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2012, 05:54:30 PM »
I currently have an '06 H2 Hummer, '05 Dodge Ram Hemi Quad Cab, and a basically stock '77 Yellow Corvette with manual tranny.  Rather than purchasing a new vehicle, I plan on swapping a Duramax into the H2.  Still not quite sure what I want to do with the Vette, however...I have a ton of options.

Past cars have included:

'01 Trans Am....Forged Heads/Cam, 4000 Stall, 150 Wet Shot + 150 Dry Shot...dynoed at 683 RWHP 714 RWTQ...ran a best of 10.31 up at old Moroso track on a hot, shitty August day.  I think I'd hit high 9's if track conditions were better and it were cooler out.

'85 Trans Am....High compression 383 stroker putting out close to 500 RWHP on a 3-speed Auto...car was a fuckin' blast to drive.

'79 Lincoln Town Car Continental.....the picture below was basically what it was....I had plans for swapping a
 5.9 Cummins into it but there was just too much rust that would be too costly to properly fix.  I sold it...was a damn boat, though.

My parents have 87 Lincoln Town Car with the 5.0, single exhaust, they had a 78 T-Bird, Diamond Jubliee Edition, with the 351 in it. I believe I could have done something with that, with my dad's help at the time, but he is cheap. They junked it.

My dream car when I was a teenager was a 1988 Fiero GT and the late 80s early 90s Acura Legend Coupe, specifically the mid 90s one with 230 hp, and the Acura Vigor.

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2012, 06:03:11 PM »
Just wanted to share this picture, i think its pretty cool
down with hussein

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2012, 06:06:29 PM »
Full 25.2 chassis, all carbon body, 855 cubic inches, 4 stages of nitrous, 3 speed lenco, 5.80s at over 240mph in the 1/4. I am lucky enough to work on cars like these and be part of pit crews, and every now and then drive them, but I would never want to own one. LOL
Beautiful shade of blue, highlights the exaggerated curves of the Camaro.
I was just watching some Horsepower Freaks and Active Autowerke vids...

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2012, 06:08:49 PM »
another pretty looking car
down with hussein

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2012, 06:10:25 PM »
PARKER do you ever go to the drag races?
down with hussein

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2012, 06:16:31 PM »
PARKER do you ever go to the drag races?
No, never been, to be honest I'm not into drag racing, but appreciate the engineering and time that goes into it---I love the car shows. The closest one near me is MIR ( Buds Creek?) which is about 3 hours away. I couldn't justify that. Although, when I was a teenager, the guy across the street had a trans am that he took down there.
I am going to make it a point to go to one.

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2012, 06:18:30 PM »
Thats cool I have been to that track a few dozen times. You should if nothing else go to 1 nhra race and 1 adrl race! Goodtimes!
down with hussein

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2012, 06:32:27 PM »
Thats cool I have been to that track a few dozen times. You should if nothing else go to 1 nhra race and 1 adrl race! Goodtimes!
That I will do.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2012, 07:17:53 PM »
1996 HKS twin turbocharged MKIV Supra, 6-speed hardtop, 56k original miles.
Dyno'd 650hp on conservative boost for street driving, and just over 900hp
at full boost (45psi)

Who needs traction  ;D

Modded a r32 gtr to just over 700hp - 10 second street car , was heaps of fun - ended up dropping nearly 100k into though

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2012, 07:54:32 PM »
7second grocery getter

down with hussein

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2012, 07:59:35 PM »
yea man, anything that can be street driven is a blast
down with hussein

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2012, 08:11:40 PM »
7second grocery getter

Do you know Mike Murillo?

A good friend of mine worked at his shop for years, he used to take his turbo cars to lunch all the time.

I go to the drags in Houston every year.

8)

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2012, 08:15:43 PM »
i have spoke to him at the track many times in the staging lanes, just small talk about clutch stuff or track conditions but i wouldnt say i know him, his turbo stuff runs great though. we were testing at a track near dallas when he was testing the car that had the turbos in the trunk

i love going to houston, the air is usually very good there, easy to make alot of power.
down with hussein

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2012, 08:58:31 PM »
i have spoke to him at the track many times in the staging lanes, just small talk about clutch stuff or track conditions but i wouldnt say i know him, his turbo stuff runs great though. we were testing at a track near dallas when he was testing the car that had the turbos in the trunk

i love going to houston, the air is usually very good there, easy to make alot of power.

We have it pretty good down here near sea level. Seen a lot of guys from up north come down here and run their best times. As long as the track is prepped well the racing down here is always top notch.

Mike has some cool ideas and his shop is amazing, i haven't been out to it in a few years though.

8)