Author Topic: Documents: Romney didn't manage Bain funds - ANOTHER LIB LIE DEBUNKED  (Read 16544 times)

orion

• Getbig IV
Re: Documents: Romney didn't manage Bain funds - ANOTHER LIB LIE DEBUNKED
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2012, 07:34:58 AM »
I was against the bailout too.  GM could have gone through a normal bankruptcy Chapter 11 and restructured. 

Ford, Toyota, Hyundai, BMW, Honda, KIA, all who make cars here, didnt need a bailout. 

It's easy to say something like that if you know it won't affect you, but thousands of jobs would have been lost. Family's would have been torn apart.  Restructuring would have taken many months, maybe years. Unemployment would have been higher than it is now.  I think the right decision was made in that case.  Now if your're talking about the banks, then...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2012, 07:36:17 AM »
It's easy to say something like that if you know it won't affect you, but thousands of jobs would have been lost. Family's would have been torn apart.  Restructuring would have taken many months, maybe years. Unemployment would have been higher than it is now.  I think the right decision was made in that case.  Now if your're talking about the banks, then...

Thousands of jobs and dealerships were lost remember? 

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2012, 07:59:49 AM »
Thousands of jobs and dealerships were lost remember? 

Yes, without the bailout it would have been more.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2012, 08:02:29 AM »
Yes, without the bailout it would have been more.

And?   That is the point.  We tossed money down the rat hole and did not fix anything.

GM is still in debt to us by billions on billions, other than fleet sales they are sucking wind, etc etc

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2012, 09:27:18 AM »
So seriously McWay, what is it about Romney that you identify with, other than him being white? I believe people vote more with their hearts than minds, generally they will choose the person that is most like them.  If you are just an average assembly line worker you will likely vote Obama than Romney, if you work as an investor, yeah your're going with Romney. It is really not that complicated. If you're a millionaire then I understand your position.

First of all, I'm black.

Second of all, why would an average assembly line worker identify with Obama? Did he work on an assembly line? Did he come from a blue-collar family or work his way through school? NO!

I identify with Romney, because he has this crazy notion that I should keep as much of my hard-earned money (REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH I MAKE) in my pocket as possible. I don't bow down to the government and owe them every thing, simply because it (half-heartedly, at times) does the job it's supposed to do.