Author Topic: PJ BRUAN Would DIE for a pro card?  (Read 26907 times)

Billy Guns

PJ BRUAN Would DIE for a pro card?
« on: July 16, 2012, 07:07:13 AM »
Well after spending 24 hours in the ER and hospital I am now back home. I went to the Dr yesterday after Intense abdominal pain had me floored! The Dr suggested I immediately go to the ER, they felt it was my gal bladder. Well Ultra sound showed by Gal bladder was ok, so they ordered a CAT scan of my abdomen. I had to stay over nite for tests but I found out I had a Liver hemangioma that ruptured. SO basically I had a cluster of blood vessels in my liver sort of like a birthmark on my liver that ruptured for some reason. There is blood in my liver still but DR's want to wait 2 weeks for another CAT scan and think I am ok. Also good news the DR said I should be very careful with my lifting but can still do USA! I have trained hard for this and don't want to stop. I appreciate all the support I got from friends and clients. I have so much good to do for the world as well as for those around me in fitness still and I believed all along I was going to be ok! Very fortunate and thankful!

I gotta take it day by day ..... Im not ready to give up but I can't really train or even do cardio at this point...I can however stick to my diet so i will give it a few more days and see if I improve...my condition is pretty serious. As much as I am a warrior I have to be smart.

Thank you, I got 50% of the DR;s saying don't do it, and 50% saying its ok...I don't the ink the 50 saying its ok necessarily Know what we do to ourselves, lol...I'm still in alot of pain, but on my diet and have not given up yet.

Well...Although I like to think so sometimes, I guess I'm not superman...pain kept me from sleeping last nite. I am hoping my recovery speeds up a bit today. Happy to see 8 of the 10 frigging lbs I gained from the shit they pumped me up with is gone though. One day at a time.

Thanks everyone...still in pain but I am going to the it day by day and if USA is an option I feel I can be my best at I am still doing it!

FYI I AM NOT DOING USA's and I AM HEALTHY but see if you can figure out who this is.....

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: Would you DIE for a pro card?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 07:11:10 AM »
Umm... what?

Die for the chance to stand on stage?

If you're dead, what joy would you get by being a carcass on a stage?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 07:12:10 AM »
I think Gaspari stated that he would have accepted death if he won 1 Olympia...

Billy Guns

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 07:13:03 AM »
Umm... what?

Die for the chance to stand on stage?

If you're dead, what joy would you get by being a carcass on a stage?

This is how mind fucked the industry is that a bodybuilder is going through all this right now...... ???

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 07:14:08 AM »
I think Gaspari stated that he would have accepted death if he won 1 Olympia...

I'd rather live and be 2nd for whole 10 years :D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 07:20:08 AM »
Living the dream while your organs secretly compose your last requiem.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 07:20:14 AM »
100k of gear =

O

Billy Guns

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 07:22:39 AM »
100k of gear =

LMAO that was on only $200 worth of deca and omnadren

Im not dying but this guy is close to it

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 07:24:37 AM »
Hey-- MD here-- if it is only a hemangioma that ruptured that is good news. The hemorrhage depends only
on the size of it. There are benign vascular tumors called hepatomas that seem to thrive on steroids and can become huge. These not only become problematic because they bleed, but they can also cause havoc by diversion of blood to the liver-- seen them cause cardiac issues in addition to the obvious bleeding.  Look man sounds like nature's  way of rx.'ing the problem. Give yourself a few weeks and get back to gym! U mentioned USAs?  Sponsoring the guy who will probably win it!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 07:27:02 AM »
Hey-- MD here-- if it is only a hemangioma that ruptured that is good news. The hemorrhage depends only
on the size of it. There are benign vascular tumors called hepatomas that seem to thrive on steroids and can become huge. These not only become problematic because they bleed, but they can also cause havoc by diversion of blood to the liver-- seen them cause cardiac issues in addition to the obvious bleeding.  Look man sounds like nature's  way of rx.'ing the problem. Give yourself a few weeks and get back to gym! U mentioned USAs?  Sponsoring the guy who will probably win it!

What's up doc?

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 07:30:05 AM »
Did your doc ever ask you about your useage? After he got back up off the floor I can't believe he didn't tell you to quit.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 07:30:12 AM »
a sandow is priceless. it makes you Immortal..... :)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 07:30:59 AM »
Put your health first man.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 07:31:33 AM »
Well after spending 24 hours in the ER and hospital I am now back home. I went to the Dr yesterday after Intense abdominal pain had me floored! The Dr suggested I immediately go to the ER, they felt it was my gal bladder. Well Ultra sound showed by Gal bladder was ok, so they ordered a CAT scan of my abdomen. I had to stay over nite for tests but I found out I had a Liver hemangioma that ruptured. SO basically I had a cluster of blood vessels in my liver sort of like a birthmark on my liver that ruptured for some reason. There is blood in my liver still but DR's want to wait 2 weeks for another CAT scan and think I am ok. Also good news the DR said I should be very careful with my lifting but can still do USA! I have trained hard for this and don't want to stop. I appreciate all the support I got from friends and clients. I have so much good to do for the world as well as for those around me in fitness still and I believed all along I was going to be ok! Very fortunate and thankful!

I gotta take it day by day ..... Im not ready to give up but I can't really train or even do cardio at this point...I can however stick to my diet so i will give it a few more days and see if I improve...my condition is pretty serious. As much as I am a warrior I have to be smart.

Thank you, I got 50% of the DR;s saying don't do it, and 50% saying its ok...I don't the ink the 50 saying its ok necessarily Know what we do to ourselves, lol...I'm still in alot of pain, but on my diet and have not given up yet.

Well...Although I like to think so sometimes, I guess I'm not superman...pain kept me from sleeping last nite. I am hoping my recovery speeds up a bit today. Happy to see 8 of the 10 frigging lbs I gained from the shit they pumped me up with is gone though. One day at a time.

Thanks everyone...still in pain but I am going to the it day by day and if USA is an option I feel I can be my best at I am still doing it!

I'm surprised you still consider competing... aren't you a father with two kids?

Listen to this fool "I'm still on my diet, haven't made up my mind yet"

Hope your face starts bloating up like DA's maybe that will help you make up your damn mind, fool.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 07:33:14 AM »
I'd be ready to die for an IFBB Pro card. They look so damn good. I already did cut two of my fingers to get the business card of that guy who sells TV at the shop next to my place. You should see how fucking awesome is a business card. It's a sight to behold. I was so ecstatic the day I got my gym membership card that I sacrificed two young virgins to thank the Gods for this gift (although there was a 79€/month subscription thing involved somewhere). So imagine what one could do for that glorious piece of plastic.

Billy Guns

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 07:33:34 AM »
Did your doc ever ask you about your useage? After he got back up off the floor I can't believe he didn't tell you to quit.

It's not me that is having these issues let see who can figure out who is going thru such a major problem here

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 07:34:24 AM »

You were lucky; you got a wake up call.  Heed the call.  No amount of muscle is worth dying for.  I don't really want you to die for me, bitch! >:(

Billy Guns

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 07:35:07 AM »
I'm surprised you still consider competing... aren't you a father with two kids?

Listen to this fool "I'm still on my diet, haven't made up my mind yet"

Hope your face starts bloating up like DA's maybe that will help you make up your damn mind, fool.

I havent given bodybuilding a second thought but the guy here definetley needs to re evaluate life

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 07:37:22 AM »
I havent given bodybuilding a second thought but the guy here definetley needs to re evaluate life

Dude, get editing. Add some quotation marks to your post or something, there's flaming coming your way.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 07:38:13 AM »

You were that guy x10. You lived with your then hero, Palumbo, and followed his advices to a tee. You took a boatload of drugs 'chasing the dream'... It's only now you're cynical, embittered and sticking pins in your Palumbo doll.
O

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 07:39:22 AM »
live and let live.

we're all carbon based miracles with unkonwn expiration dates.

I think this BBer is crazy for pushing body after that kind of medical news, but he probably thinks i'm crazy for sitting home in my boxers posting on getbig at a mere 188 pounds.  

He gets to live like a superhero and that's his choice.  best wishes for his recovery.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 07:40:09 AM »

jesus thats bad

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 07:45:12 AM »

Are you serious man?

You would put your health at risk for a stupid, plastic trophy and the possibility of attaining pro status, only to find yourself making no money from sponsors and simply paying a fee to have a pro card (small piece of laminated paper)?

Look man, I can buy you a huge plastic trophy at modell's and have it engraved with your name and the title of "Best Professional Bodybuilder in the Universe".  I can also Photoshop and print out an IFBB pro card and have it laminated for you.

Don't risk your life for pro status, that is but merely worthless currency.  You know how many hundreds of IFBB pros are out there that NO ONE has ever heard of?  You have 100's of IFBB pros that have no contracts, sponsors, fame or even a place to live of their own.  

Getting a Pro card won't make you Bob Chick overnight,
"1"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 07:53:00 AM »
LMAO that was on only $200 worth of deca and omnadren

Im not dying but this guy is close to it

Even $200 of gear to look like that is pathetic. HORRIBLE genetics.
X

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2012, 07:53:15 AM »
Are you serious man?

You would put your health at risk for a stupid, plastic trophy and the possibility of attaining pro status, only to find yourself making no money from sponsors and simply paying a fee to have a pro card (small piece of laminated paper)?

Look man, I can buy you a huge plastic trophy at modell's and have it engraved with your name and the title of "Best Professional Bodybuilder in the Universe".  I can also Photoshop and print out an IFBB pro card and have it laminated for you.

Don't risk your life for pro status, that is but merely worthless currency.  You know how many hundreds of IFBB pros are out there that NO ONE has ever heard of?  You have 100's of IFBB pros that have no contracts, sponsors, fame or even a place to live of their own.  

Getting a Pro card won't make you Bob Chick overnight,
"1"

;D ;D