Author Topic: Customer At Internet Cafe Shoots 2 Robbers  (Read 20468 times)

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
Re: Customer At Internet Cafe Shoots 2 Robbers
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2012, 05:36:35 PM »
Have you? I have, by someone with a knife, and they didnt get anything. Not because I pulled my gun (as I didnt have it on me, never again), but because I stood my ground and refused to give him shit.

I'm sorry but that's a horrible idea IMO. And yeah I've been robbed, two guys robbed my motorcycle and being aimed with huge revolver at your chest it's not pretty, but having a gun at that moment would have meant that any of us could have been killed or seriously wounded. I'm not taking that chance, but remember we are talking about robbing.

It sucks, but I'd rather lose something material than being shooted, and sadly I know what a serious injury feels like. Money can't buy your health back. IMO It's safer  to do nothing.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2012, 05:40:19 PM »

I'm sorry but that's a horrible idea IMO. And yeah I've been robbed, two guys robbed my motorcycle and being aimed with huge revolver at your chest it's not pretty, but having a gun at that moment would have meant that any of us could have been killed or seriously wounded. I'm not taking that chance, but remember we are talking about robbing.

It sucks, but I'd rather lose something material than being shooted, and sadly I know what a serious injury feels like. Money can't buy your health back. IMO It's safer  to do nothing.
I know it was a terrible idea, but thats how I handled it. Fight or flight reaction, I guess.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2012, 05:53:08 PM »
VERY rarely do you see bad guys in Florida come running into a place with guns, shouting at a crowd.  Too many people with carry perrmits who will just start shooting.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2012, 06:02:21 PM »
*sigh*

Neither you or I know what would have happened if the old fart didn't whip out a gun. Don't pretend like you do. It's not even an argument. The robbery to robbery-murder ratio is definitely something to consider, though.

You come across as a good and smart guy in every other thread but right now you seem like a stubborn idiot to me and I'm sure it's also the other way around to you. I'm going to bed now which is probably for the better.

Lets just hope that none of us will find ourselves in a spot where we have to make a life and death decision in a split second.... It's not fun, no matter where you're coming from.

Neither you or I know what would have happened if the old fart didn't whip out a gun. Don't pretend like you do. It's not even an argument. The robbery to robbery-murder ratio is definitely something to consider, though.

That's a double edge sword , you and I don't know what would have happened if he didn't. Don't pretend like you do. What is something to consider is we know what did transpire and your hypothetical situation did not.

You come across as a good and smart guy in every other thread but right now you seem like a stubborn idiot to me and I'm sure it's also the other way around to you. I'm going to bed now which is probably for the better.

Let me apologize for being harsh with you and calling you names. But from my prospective I cherish life and don't want to chance it on the whims of armed men , the fact that you do and put your fate in the hands of people who would show such disregard for fellow humans astounds me. I don't have a problem with you not wanting to take matters in your own hands but I do have a problem with you claiming it's wrong for others to make that choice for themselves and basing it off of what may have happened or what could have happened

Again I apologize for being an asshole.

Lets just hope that none of us will find ourselves in a spot where we have to make a life and death decision in a split second.... It's not fun, no matter where you're coming from.

I agree

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2012, 06:31:55 PM »
well, truth be told way too many idiots with guns roaming the streets. but fuck would I LOVE to be in a situation where I happened to be packin and some motherfuckers tried to rob me or a store I was in like the old timer. \... A dream come true, just to see the look on their face hahahahahah priceless.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2012, 06:33:35 PM »
go down fighting on your feet not on your knees.

love monkey loves the cock

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2012, 06:34:47 PM »
wow just great, a situation that had a low to moderate chance of shots being fired now turned into people getting potentially lethally injured and exposing innocent bystanders to the same risk.

That's very immature and foolish. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2012, 06:36:28 PM »
matlock bustin caps  8)

Check this one out; Columbus, Ohio.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2012, 07:27:09 PM »
VERY rarely do you see bad guys in Florida come running into a place with guns, shouting at a crowd.  Too many people with carry perrmits who will just start shooting.

Crime rates are shown to drop in CCW states aren't they.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2012, 07:59:18 PM »
When are you trigger-happy morons going to realize that it's all about random chance and probabilities? Just because you try to be a hero doesn't necessarily mean you'll be considered one after it's all said and done. The robbery in the video could have gone either way. If those robbers were on drugs or just more aggressive a lot of people could have been fucking killed thanks to that old fart. If he wouldn't have whipped his gun out the robbers most likely would have taken the stuff they wanted and then left.

It's not about who's the victim or the bitch, honestly who gives a flying fuck about that when it comes to human lives being at risk? It's so obvious that you guys are thinking with your BALLS and then use your brains to construct some delusional self-serving arguments to make your balls even bigger.

The robbers don't give a shit about my rights? Fine, they can have my wallet, I don't care.

Did you shitstain know that people who carry weapons actually spend a lot of time training with them and are taught how to use them in different environments, their ballistic, penetration capacities thru different obstacles etc. Obviously not. Cause you re a cock sucking homosexual. Just because you wouldnt be able to do shit with a handgun doesnt mean those who carry them dont.
A gun is just like a knife, an axe, car, stone or a fucking stick, it's a tool. How it's going to be used solely depend of what is in the mind of the human that carries it.

Again, attempting to shoot down TWO armed robbers in a building full of innocent people is nothing but sheer stupidity.
only one had a handgun that could be fake and recognized as being so easily for a trained eye especially at close range, and the other only carried a fucking lame baseball bat. Get the fuck out of this thread, you re making no sense at all.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Grandpa Shoots two Thugs. Video
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2012, 08:06:05 PM »
is that 9mm bullets btw?

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »
Did you shitstain know that people who carry weapons actually spend a lot of time training with them and are taught how to use them in different environments, their ballistic, penetration capacities thru different obstacles etc. Obviously not. Cause you re a cock sucking homosexual. Just because you wouldnt be able to do shit with a handgun doesnt mean those who carry them dont.
A gun is just like a knife, an axe, car, stone or a fucking stick, it's a tool. How it's going to be used solely depend of what is in the mind of the human that carries it.
 only one had a handgun that could be fake and recognized as being so easily for a trained eye especially at close range, and the other only carried a fucking lame baseball bat. Get the fuck out of this thread, you re making no sense at all.

lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2012, 08:34:24 PM »
the funny thing in those real life shooting videos...

1) how often people take false cover, like hiding behind a glass shelf.

2) how often the shooter doesn't realize it's false cover, and will fail to shoot thru it.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2012, 09:52:17 PM »

Why aren't you guys calling el numero a giant pussy? What a fag he is for not fighting back, right?
from incomplete data

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2012, 10:05:50 PM »
I'm trying to find some real statistics on this issue and came across this from the FBI website:

"Injuries, Deaths, and Hostages Taken

Acts of violence were committed during 201 of the 5,086 robberies, burglaries, and larcenies that occurred during the 12-month period. These acts included 70 instances involving the discharge of firearms, one instance involving an explosive, and 116 instances involving assaults. (One or more acts of violence may occur during an incident.) These acts of violence resulted in 88 injuries, 13 deaths, and 30 persons taken hostage.
"

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/bank-crime-statistics-2011/bank-crime-statistics-2011

Out of 5.086 bank robberies in the United States, only 13 people died. That's a roughly 0.2% risk of someone getting killed if you find yourself in a bank robbery. I'd interpret that as a very low risk considering how serious a bank robbery is.

EDIT:

I'm not sure if the author of this article has any particular bias when it comes to guns but I found this to be interesting:

"Simple Survival Steps

To make the best of a bad situation, think along the following lines:

My money is insured, the only thing at risk is my safety (see below)
Let the guy have what he wants, the sooner he gets it the sooner he’ll go away
He’s probably done this before or he’ll do it again – the more often he does it the better his chances of getting caught
Although it may be difficult to control your anger in such a situation (after all, you have to work for a living don’t you?), the best thing is to just get the robber out of there so that everybody is safe. Desperation leads to bank robberies, and you don’t want to mess with a desperate and scared person.

Bank Robbery Heroes

Every law enforcement official will tell you the same thing: the most heroic act you should take in a bank robbery is noticing any details about the robber. You should not try to stop the robbery by force. Keep in mind that an increasing number of bank robbers are using powerful drugs (cocaine and methamphetamine) during the time of the robbery. You don’t want to take chances with an intoxicated person in a desperate situation – it’s simply not worth all of the money in the world.

If you notice that a bank robbery is in progress, simply get some details on the robber that you can pass on to the police. Some helpful information:

Clothing – look for layers under the visible layer (the outer layer will come off)
Physical characteristics – height, weight, eyes, hair, mannerisms, scars/tattoos
Automobile description (not the most important since it’s probably stolen)
Direction of travel
Weapons – the police need to know if the robber is armed
Remember that the bank robber is trying to avoid getting caught, and he probably knows what you’re looking for. Therefore, do not stare at a bank robber. In fact, it’s best not to attract any attention to yourself. Simply follow instructions so that the robber can get out of there as soon as possible. Law enforcement will pursue the robber. Agitating a bank robber can result in harm to yourself and/or others.
"

http://banking.about.com/od/securityandsafety/a/bankrobbery.htm
from incomplete data

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2012, 10:07:28 PM »
That's very immature and foolish. 

go down fighting on your feet not on your knees.

love monkey loves the cock

Lots of name calling and very little substance.
from incomplete data

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2012, 11:07:18 PM »
Lots of name calling and very little substance.

This isn't "name calling", you are being immature and foolish.  There's a lot more to this issue than whether or not you'll statistically be a victim of violence.

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2012, 11:47:32 PM »
Two center mass one in the head insures no repeat offenders

You know what we got here? Motherfucking Charlie Bronson.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2012, 12:22:48 AM »
This isn't "name calling", you are being immature and foolish.  There's a lot more to this issue than whether or not you'll statistically be a victim of violence.

Please do elaborate. From what I can gather I'm taking the stance that most police officers seem to advocate.
from incomplete data

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2012, 12:27:28 AM »
Every law enforcement official will tell you the same thing: the most heroic act you should take in a bank robbery is noticing any details about the robber. You should not try to stop the robbery by force. Keep in mind that an increasing number of bank robbers are using powerful drugs (cocaine and methamphetamine) during the time of the robbery. You don’t want to take chances with an intoxicated person in a desperate situation – it’s simply not worth all of the money in the world.

Don't try to defend yourself, the cops will kill him when they attempt to arrest. Does that sum it up? :)

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2012, 12:32:07 AM »
love spunkey making a clown of himself in this thread
T

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2012, 01:24:56 AM »
From what I can gather I'm taking the stance that most police officers seem to advocate.

You're absolutely right about that, the FOP would ban all guns if they could.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2012, 02:20:40 AM »
You're absolutely right about that, the FOP would ban all guns if they could.

Coming from a country where guns are quite rare(thankfully) I don't consider that to be a very bad idea quite frankly.

But then again america is quite different in a lot of aspects and it's way too late to try to severely restrict access to guns over there.

"Criminals don't care about permits blabla", don't worry I've heard it all before.
from incomplete data

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2012, 02:33:39 AM »
Coming from a country where guns are quite rare(thankfully) I don't consider that to be a very bad idea quite frankly.

But then again america is quite different in a lot of aspects and it's way too late to try to severely restrict access to guns over there.

"Criminals don't care about permits blabla", don't worry I've heard it all before.

The 2nd Amendment isn't about self defense, or hunting.  It's a check on the government.