Author Topic: Customer At Internet Cafe Shoots 2 Robbers  (Read 20308 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Customer At Internet Cafe Shoots 2 Robbers
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2012, 11:58:16 AM »
I don't know the gentlemans background so maybe it was just blind luck the robbers were in the same area, and there were no bystanders in the line of fire or behind the robbers. But just based on the video it appears the gentleman knew what he was doing and did a great job. He had eyes on both of them. in critiqueing it, he gets high marks for balls and awareness of his targets. I'd have to mark him down for exposing himself so much and not seeking cover to fire from. With one robber he would have been fine engaging and closing in while firing, but with two.. it's a risk. Finally, after the thugs fled I would advise him to remain vigilant at the doorway as one might double back for some insane reason and want to come in blasting. Unlikely, but why risk it. Overall, well done.     
Agree on all counts, but not a lot of cover to be had without endangering bystanders, not to mention only one of the robbers had a firearms, and the other was preoccupied.
Id say near flawless on his part.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2012, 12:04:15 PM »
Studies show that it drops to 0.0% after I shoot him in the face a few times. 

AMEN!

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2012, 12:40:29 PM »
Perhaps we all need to take a step back and learn from the master.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2012, 01:56:30 PM »
First this;

"Acts of violence were committed during 201 of the 5,086 robberies, burglaries, and larcenies [/font] that occurred during the 12-month period. These acts included 70 instances involving the discharge of firearms, one instance involving an explosive, and 116 instances involving assaults. (One or more acts of violence may occur during an incident.) These acts of violence resulted in 88 injuries, 13 deaths, and 30 persons taken hostage."

and then this;

"Out of 5.086 bank robberies in the United States, only 13 people died. That's a roughly 0.2% risk of someone getting killed if you find yourself in a bank robbery. I'd interpret that as a very low risk considering how serious a bank robbery is."

My observation- The first paragraph includes burglaries, which for the most part, no one is present but the burglar. Larcenies that is a fancy word for theft, which can be shoplifting, bad checks etc... Then the second paragraph makes the 5,086 incidents into "bank robberies"... kind of confusing for me...

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2012, 09:57:58 PM »
This isn't a complex argument.  

You don't mind the fact you have no right to defend yourself and your family.  You would rather put your life in the hands of statistics, and the state.  You obviously come from a country of slaves, that better obey, and do as they're told.

You're still playing the statistics games even if you decide to defend yourself. This is probably the main issue you guys aren't getting through your thick skulls. Pulling out a gun is absolutely no guarantee that you and those around you are safe all of the sudden.

Why are you even debating it with us?  You live your life your way, we'll live ares our way.

Probably one of the more bizarre things I've ever seen posted on a >>DISCUSSION FORUM<<
from incomplete data

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2012, 10:04:40 PM »
First this;

"Acts of violence were committed during 201 of the 5,086 robberies, burglaries, and larcenies [/font] that occurred during the 12-month period. These acts included 70 instances involving the discharge of firearms, one instance involving an explosive, and 116 instances involving assaults. (One or more acts of violence may occur during an incident.) These acts of violence resulted in 88 injuries, 13 deaths, and 30 persons taken hostage."

and then this;

"Out of 5.086 bank robberies in the United States, only 13 people died. That's a roughly 0.2% risk of someone getting killed if you find yourself in a bank robbery. I'd interpret that as a very low risk considering how serious a bank robbery is."

My observation- The first paragraph includes burglaries, which for the most part, no one is present but the burglar. Larcenies that is a fancy word for theft, which can be shoplifting, bad checks etc... Then the second paragraph makes the 5,086 incidents into "bank robberies"... kind of confusing for me...

All those numbers are from the page "Bank Crime Statistics". Not sure why there would be any reason to interpret it in any other way.
from incomplete data

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2012, 10:04:57 PM »
Pulling out a gun is absolutely no guarantee that you and those around you are safe all of the sudden.

We all understand that fact.  

You're the one missing the point here.

I just assumed after you looked like a horses ass eleven times in a row you would back off.

You have more heart than most getbiggers.  :P

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2012, 10:10:48 PM »
Sounds like a guy that doesn't believe in the right to bear arms...You a yankee boy?

No I'm not(duh!).

I'm not necessarily against the right to bear arms(especially in the states) but I also think it comes with great responsibility. If you pull out a gun at a robbery scene you better know what the hell you're doing and not expose innocent bystanders to additional risks, given that a large majority of robberies don't end up with people dead to begin with.

If it's just you and the robber in the area then by all means, knock yourself out.
from incomplete data

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2012, 10:13:26 PM »
No I'm not(duh!).

I'm not necessarily against the right to bear arms(especially in the states) but I also think it comes with great responsibility. If you pull out a gun at a robbery scene you better know what the hell you're doing and not expose innocent bystanders to additional risks, given that a large majority of robberies don't end up with people dead to begin with.

If it's just you and the robber in the area then by all means, knock yourself out.

Are we missing something here?  When was a gun legally pulled in self defense that something went wrong?  This doesn't ever happen as far as I know?

???

Six pages over a non-issue, our right to self defense got you butt hurt?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: July 18, 2012, 10:18:37 PM »
Some of prefer to be proactive and would rather take our lives into our own hands than leave it in the hands of some cracked out burglar.

That all sounds good and well but at some point you guys need to bring some sort of evidence to the table that your plan of action is the one that actually insures that the victim has a better chance of surviving.

Two examples:

1) You and your friends are in a dark alley and all of the sudden some crackhead pulls a a gun on you and asks for your wallets. You're dumbfounded and really don't have much time to do anything than to just simply comply with the robber. Pulling out a gun would be very risky since he's already pointing a gun at you.

2) You're on Utøya at the time of the Breivik shooting. People are being massacred and he shows no signs of stopping. Pulling a gun is risky but I'd say almost mandatory in this case.

There's a time and place for everything, but you guys make it sound that one should always pull a gun if facing a serious threat.. I don't agree with that.
from incomplete data

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2012, 10:22:55 PM »
Everyone I know with a concealed carry permit (no permit should be required as in AZ, AK, VT, and WY) takes the same tactical classes the Sheriff's department takes, taught by law enforcement.  

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2012, 10:24:28 PM »
I'm still curious why the other people that share my view on this aren't being called faggots. I understand that I've been made some type of bottom bitch here apparently(oh brother) but still, my stance doesn't differ much from Bam Bam's and Mensa Bob's for example... not to mention el numero uno who has actually been robbed at gunpoint.
from incomplete data

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: July 18, 2012, 10:29:00 PM »
I'm still curious why the other people that share my view on this aren't being called faggots. I understand that I've been made some type of bottom bitch here apparently(oh brother) but still, my stance doesn't differ much from Bam Bam's and Mensa Bob's for example... not to mention el numero uno who has actually been robbed at gunpoint.

Maybe it's because they have their opinions, yet they're not willing to go so far as to be ass raped like you are?  ???

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: July 18, 2012, 10:33:49 PM »
Maybe it's because they have their opinions, yet they're not willing to go so far as to be ass raped like you are?  ???

I was called a fa.ggot, pussy and pansy right after my first post.
from incomplete data

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2012, 10:34:50 PM »

Welcome to getbig?  ;D

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2012, 12:08:51 AM »
I stopped reading when the second page started. Jeez   :-\.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2012, 02:06:41 AM »
Fuck the name calling, when that starts you should be flattered  ;)

anyway, can you post a few examples of someone in the crowd getting injured in a shootout cause of a hero shooting at the criminal cause I can't seem to find any.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2012, 04:46:16 AM »
Probably because they stated their opinion in a way that didnt make them sound like a cowering vagina.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2012, 04:59:15 AM »
looked like the silly bastrd was trying to use his co-worker as a human shield. more luck than anything else that he didn't shoot the baby  :-\

still! that chap won't be robbing that place ever again  ;D

I didn't see that at all. Looked like he was trying to get the jump on the robber more than anything and there was zero chance of him shooting the baby. Sometimes that split second makes all the difference in the world. That dude stepped the fuck up in that situation. Gotta give him respect.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2012, 08:08:45 AM »
from incomplete data

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2012, 08:14:27 AM »
I didn't see that at all. Looked like he was trying to get the jump on the robber more than anything and there was zero chance of him shooting the baby. Sometimes that split second makes all the difference in the world. That dude stepped the fuck up in that situation. Gotta give him respect.

Hey man since I lost your respect I don't know what to do anymore. It feels like my balls have been ripped off and I can't even look at myself in the mirror. I'm seriously contemplating suicide.. but I'm too big of a pussy to actually do it.

::)

For those that don't know, dear polycock here sent me a pm out of nowhere telling me how he's lost all his respect for me due to this thread. First off, I had no idea he had any respect for me at all and I guess it's a backhanded compliment in a way. Second, what kind of person goes through the trouble of sending a pm to an anonymous poster on a message board to tell him that he lost all "respect" for him? LMAO!
from incomplete data

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2012, 08:25:09 AM »
 :'(

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2012, 08:25:30 AM »
Fuck the name calling, when that starts you should be flattered  ;)

anyway, can you post a few examples of someone in the crowd getting injured in a shootout cause of a hero shooting at the criminal cause I can't seem to find any.

One thing that tells me that I'm doing something right at least is that I've been called pretty much every dirty word in the book, except for a troll. If I was consciously trolling I'd say I've done a damn good job at it ;D

You know what, I'm having trouble finding examples of that myself. There are two possible explanations for that, that I can think of:

1) Such statistics and examples are really hard to find because it's such a rare event. A majority of robberies take place without the victim putting up any significant resistance(like numero el uno). It's a pretty long sequence of events that have to take place in for such an event to occur. Even if they do happen occasionally the number/statistics might be buried somewhere on an obscure government website and I haven't done enough googling to find them. One thing we can do to get closer to the truth is to compare various crime statistics between Florida and Norway and see if victims seem to stand a larger chance of survival in Florida's case for example. It wouldn't be totally scientific research by any stretch of the imagination but could at least provide a hint.

2) I'm completely wrong. I'll admit I'm fallible(just like everyone else here) but to convince myself of that I'd like to see some real evidence, perhaps from 1).
from incomplete data

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2012, 08:27:18 AM »
:'(

FYI if you haven't read the thread I don't care much for the suspect but I do care about the victims chance of survival... weak, try again.

And you might wanna work on your paint/photoshop skills a bit too. The picture is tiny.

EDIT: Nvm
from incomplete data

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2012, 08:30:56 AM »
FYI if you haven't read the thread I don't care much for the suspect but I do care about the victims chance of survival... weak, try again.

And you might wanna work on your paint/photoshop skills a bit too. The picture is tiny.

FYI The pic is fixed and it wasn't directed at you. I haven't been following the thread but could guess the back and forth. ;D