Author Topic: Batman 'Dark Knight' Rises - Great movie or ???  (Read 56453 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Batman 'Dark Knight' Rises - Great movie or ???
« Reply #250 on: July 28, 2012, 03:18:01 PM »
I like the movie, but Bane's voice was silly... he sounded like Sean Connery trying to imitate Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
I liked Bane's voice.
Thought it gave him a more intelligent persona than most typical villians.

Besides, everyone knows he sounds exactly like Deckard Cain from Diablo.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #251 on: July 28, 2012, 03:19:32 PM »
I like the movie, but Bane's voice was silly... he sounded like Sean Connery trying to imitate Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
HAHAHA add a storm trooper, and stop on.
yeah, they boosted the mids after everyone complained about it. 
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #252 on: July 28, 2012, 03:31:42 PM »
I liked Bane's voice.
Thought it gave him a more intelligent persona than most typical villians.

Besides, everyone knows he sounds exactly like Deckard Cain from Diablo.
Not to be a geek here, but most of Batman's adversaries are intelligent---insane yes, psychopathic yes---but they seemingly have above average intelligence. The Joker, Harvey Dent, Cat Woman, Black Mask, Bane, etc. Even probably Killer Croc, they all seem to be top of their game, heading crime organizations.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #253 on: July 28, 2012, 03:32:50 PM »
Not to be a geek here, but most of Batman's adversaries are intelligent---insane yes, psychopathic yes---but they seemingly have above average intelligence. The Joker, Harvey Dent, Cat Woman, Black Mask, Bane, etc. Even probably Killer Croc, they all seem to be top of their game, heading crime organizations.
Yes, I know, but Bane historically was very intelligent even compared to the rest of the villians. Although that never translated to cartoons/movies, they always made him huge and dumb.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #254 on: July 28, 2012, 04:16:38 PM »
Yes, I know, but Bane historically was very intelligent even compared to the rest of the villians. Although that never translated to cartoons/movies, they always made him huge and dumb.

Bane actually allied with Batman on a few occasions as well.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: July 28, 2012, 04:28:24 PM »
People (Americans) think big and muscular equates to dumb and stupid. And I think (I don't know) that when they (DC) came up with Bane, they wanted an oxymoron for a nemesis.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #256 on: July 28, 2012, 04:31:15 PM »
People (Americans) think big and muscular equates to dumb and stupid. And I think (I don't know) that when they (DC) came up with Bane, they wanted an oxymoron for a nemesis.
In incredibly intelligent, hugely muscular and physically brutal enemy? Unpossible sir!
Everyone knows muscles = stupid.  ;D

I think the average person likes the idea that extremely fit/strong/physically capable people are stupid, it makes them feel better about their physical inferiority.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #257 on: July 28, 2012, 04:36:52 PM »
Yes most people are small and weak as well as dumb.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: July 28, 2012, 05:06:25 PM »
In incredibly intelligent, hugely muscular and physically brutal enemy? Unpossible sir!
Everyone knows muscles = stupid.  ;D

I think the average person likes the idea that extremely fit/strong/physically capable people are stupid, it makes them feel better about their physical inferiority.
In college, one of the smartest guys I knew, was a bber. His nickname was "Beast" from the Xmen, because he was huge and intelligent. Huge arms, chest, back, legs...but his mind was equal to his phyisque.

We know that there are intelligent "beautiful" people, but many assume that these people are stupid as well---because many people fawn at the feet of pretty people, so they use that to get ahead.

It's odd how the really, really smart people tend to be be of average or less than average looks, yet hate on those who are physically more attractive or muscular than them, but at the same time, wish that they either could be like them or with them.

And if you look at some of the people who draw the "handsome", "beautiful", "muscular", "curvy" characters---you see that they are their ideal man or woman---ones that they don't resemble.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #259 on: July 28, 2012, 05:20:06 PM »
movies was no big deal. bane sounded like a fag.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: July 28, 2012, 06:48:53 PM »
"you'd better hurry!" - bane

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #261 on: July 28, 2012, 06:58:19 PM »
"you'd better hurry!" - bane
"It would hurt"
"Mr. Wayne!"

You have to say it in your head with a deckard cain voice though.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #262 on: July 28, 2012, 07:13:39 PM »
In college, one of the smartest guys I knew, was a bber. His nickname was "Beast" from the Xmen, because he was huge and intelligent. Huge arms, chest, back, legs...but his mind was equal to his phyisque.

We know that there are intelligent "beautiful" people, but many assume that these people are stupid as well---because many people fawn at the feet of pretty people, so they use that to get ahead.

It's odd how the really, really smart people tend to be be of average or less than average looks, yet hate on those who are physically more attractive or muscular than them, but at the same time, wish that they either could be like them or with them.

And if you look at some of the people who draw the "handsome", "beautiful", "muscular", "curvy" characters---you see that they are their ideal man or woman---ones that they don't resemble.

If someone is spending 2-3 hours a day in a gym/cardio and constantly weighing him/herself and thinking about protein 18 hours a day everyday, along with taking untested substances from China, that alone is going to make someone lose a boatload of intelligent points.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: July 28, 2012, 07:14:43 PM »
"It would hurt"
"Mr. Wayne!"

You have to say it in your head with a deckard cain voice though.

;D

*batman sneaks in*

Bane: "It's beginning to feel like some great evil is permeating the air around here!"

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: July 28, 2012, 07:17:10 PM »
Damn Movie is cursed, a storm had knocked out the power, and we have passes for another movie

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: July 29, 2012, 02:31:25 AM »
The movie was OK.. Much too long though.. damn.. Nothing special..

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: July 29, 2012, 05:31:34 AM »
not seen it yet but I heard bane sounds like tom jones. Also he Hardy at 5'9" is badly miscast as Bane but apparantly headded 30lbs of muscle to his warrior physique. Yea right.
http://www.fitzness.com/blog/batmans-tom-hardy-bulks-up-to-play-bane-in-the-dark-knight-rises/

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #267 on: July 29, 2012, 06:21:21 AM »
not seen it yet but I heard bane sounds like tom jones. Also he Hardy at 5'9" is badly miscast as Bane but apparantly headded 30lbs of muscle to his warrior physique. Yea right.
http://www.fitzness.com/blog/batmans-tom-hardy-bulks-up-to-play-bane-in-the-dark-knight-rises/
He looks fairly imposing, lots of trick camera work.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: July 29, 2012, 08:03:55 AM »

what is intelligence anyway. Someone is considered intelligent when he survives using his brain to fuck others people in the ass instead of being fucked by them, instead of using sheer physical strenght/violence to survive, this is what is considered intelligence. But wether you re using strenght or "intelligence", both have for only purpose to allow you tu survive better than/at the expense of others ultimately. Someone is considered smarter than others when he survives better than them, earning more money, having a better looking girl, a bigger house, car, and when he only had to work sitting in a chair in an office for it. Someone s considered intelligent when he wins without fighting or with only little few efforts, which means he ll save more energy for later fights.
Seriously, define "intelligence" first.
Also as mentioned numerous times, being smart, and good looking, doesnt mean you re happier than everyone else either. There are ugly, bad people who are very happy, because they can dominate others people who are uglier and stupider than them. Looks like it's all relative right?
Fact is someone's who s happy is someone who most of the time thinks he s better than everyone else and who have daily evidences that he has a better than other people he can compares himself to.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #269 on: July 29, 2012, 08:09:27 AM »
what is intelligence anyway. Someone is considered intelligent when he survives using his brain to fuck others people in the ass instead of being fucked by them, this is what is considered intelligence. Someone is considered smarter than others when he survives better than them, earning more money, having a better looking girl, a bigger house, car, and when he only had to work for it. Someone s considered intelligent when he wins without fighting or with only little few efforts, which means he ll save more energy for later fights.
Seriously, define "intelligence" first.
Also as mentioned numerous times, being smart, and good looking, doesnt mean you re happier than everyone else either. There are ugly, bad people who are very happy, because they can dominate others people who are uglier and stupider than them. Looks like it's all relative right?
Fact is someone's who s happy is someone who most of the time thinks he s better than everyone else and who have daily evidences that he has a better than other people he can compares himself to.
I think you're definition of intelligent is quite a bit different than most peoples.

Seriously dude, you need to stop trying to psychoanalyze EVERY situation.
There is a time and place where that fits, but many times where it doesn't.
Youre like the psychologist version of Bay.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: July 29, 2012, 08:14:24 AM »
I guess most of you knew tom hardy your "favorite villain" -oh brother- is gay right?  :-\

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/28/inception-star-tom-hardy_n_662907.html

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #271 on: July 29, 2012, 08:35:43 AM »
I guess most of you knew tom hardy your "favorite villain" -oh brother- is gay right?  :-\

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/28/inception-star-tom-hardy_n_662907.html
Lol, yes, this has been posted at least 3 times.
His sexual exploits are no business of mine, nor do they make the slightest difference in his acting IMHO.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: July 29, 2012, 09:01:47 AM »
Lol, yes, this has been posted at least 3 times.
His sexual exploits are no business of mine, nor do they make the slightest difference in his acting IMHO.
Sure buddy, sure. It's not gay, as long as balls dont touch right?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #273 on: July 29, 2012, 09:03:35 AM »
Sure buddy, sure. It's not gay, as long as balls dont touch right?
Lol, no, its still gay, but his sex life is his own and doesnt effect me.
If I refused to watch movies based on the actors sexual preferences, I probably would never be able to watch any movies ever again, as Im pretty sure 99% of the major hollywood actors are closeted homosexuals.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: July 29, 2012, 09:11:58 AM »
Lol, no, its still gay, but his sex life is his own and doesnt effect me.
If I refused to watch movies based on the actors sexual preferences, I probably would never be able to watch any movies ever again, as Im pretty sure 99% of the major hollywood actors are closeted homosexuals.
and heroes, models, of 99.9% of the occidental male audience that watch their movies and imitate them in their daily lives.