Author Topic: Money wasted on bodybuilding "supplements"  (Read 15877 times)

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: Money wasted on bodybuilding "supplements"
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 03:43:27 PM »
It means all the stuff about eating every three hours and getting enough protein in is fucking garbage. I stay very lean but seemed to hold that little bit of water most days. I just started eating only when i was hungrey, which was 3 times a day. Leaner, look bigger, muscle stays, only down maybe 3 pounds but a great difference. Can't believe how stupid i was.

I keep reading about you guys saying stuff like this, but have yet to see any pics proving anything. So... And save the "you lookin' for spank material bullshit" and other typical get big resonses...
?

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 04:27:03 PM »
Weider weight gain formula 14.  Stuff actually worked.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 04:34:43 PM »
hell it seems like the only thing worth the $$ is vitamins,mineral, and amino acids.
A

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 06:00:26 PM »
I would love to see some of these supplement snake oil salesman do some prison time for their douchebaggery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 06:10:44 PM »
Supplements are indeed  a waste of money ,  eating 5-6 times a day works great for me .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2012, 06:12:50 PM »
f

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 06:15:22 PM »
Stop whining, start eating

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012, 07:14:51 PM »
saw palmeto is a must in my book for over 30. I don't waste money on tribulus or milk thistle anymore. all the powders make me sick now... which is good since it's all crap. the thermals were causing mental problems after 15 years of use so they're out now... again good thing... because i never felt better after quitting thermals. still have tea/coffee no problems :) i have to say that saw palmeto is the one supplement i take and believe in ... good enough for me :)
X

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 07:17:03 PM »
Over the years?  $0.00.  ::)
lol - how much do you think you have spent? :)
X

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2012, 07:29:07 PM »
  From personal trial, I've come to the conclusion that at least 80% of supplements are useless and/or unnecessary.

80 %?! Man you are harsh!

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 07:38:18 PM »
A few thousand dollars probably in my first two years of working out. Then I found a proven formula called test cyp and dbol and dropped supps completely. I haven't had even protein powder in 6 years and am still in decent shape. I eat like a normal person (3x day) also and might get 60-70 grams of protein per day.

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2012, 05:07:02 AM »
Like someone else said earlier - if I had had some discretionary spending money when I was younger - very early twenties - I would have fallen hook line and sinker for that Franco santoriello cybergenic shit. Thank goodness I was struggling student. But I did once buy a bottle of gamma frac - what ever the fuck that was. Still remember religiously taking one before each workout and then after a few weeks when absolutely nothing happened thinking 'what would happen if I double the dose' - what the fcuk was it thinking.
Anyways - like others here  - only use whey protein every so often basically because the one I get actually is my desert when I crave something sweet after dinner. And creatine - works very well for me when Im use it which is rarely.
Steroids - the only supplement I would ever heartily recommend - most incredible shit ever. I look back on those mispent days of youth - and think I would love to do it all again.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2012, 06:07:57 AM »
Never spent a whole lot on supplements. Prostitutes yes.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2012, 06:16:34 AM »
Never spent a whole lot on supplements. Prostitutes yes.

Lol, well at least you can guarantee to lose at least 5grams liquid bodyweight everytime you buy a prostitute!

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2012, 06:47:27 AM »
I keep reading about you guys saying stuff like this, but have yet to see any pics proving anything. So... And save the "you lookin' for spank material bullshit" and other typical get big resonses...

Fair call. I more than hold my own  ;) but there are a lot of bullshit posters. Until you try not eating as much or whatever you never know, so forget about what i'm writing and try something different and see what happens. In 16 years i didn't try it and now i wish i hadn't spent time overeating getting fat.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2012, 06:48:47 AM »
hell it seems like the only thing worth the $$ is vitamins,mineral, and amino acids.
Add creatine and L-Glutemine. 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2012, 06:48:52 AM »
You have to agree that bodybuilders in the ads who inject steroids, insulin, HGH, anti estrogens, thyroid, speed, HCG and then push supplements are funny.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2012, 07:13:50 AM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2012, 07:23:01 AM »
Religions of parasols..

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2012, 07:23:51 AM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2012, 04:50:21 PM »
Add creatine  

Having SAND go directly to the kidney's and sit there probably isn't the best thing a person can do just to add a couple pounds of water weight.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2012, 03:24:55 PM »
saw palmeto is a must in my book for over 30. I don't waste money on tribulus or milk thistle anymore. all the powders make me sick now... which is good since it's all crap. the thermals were causing mental problems after 15 years of use so they're out now... again good thing... because i never felt better after quitting thermals. still have tea/coffee no problems :) i have to say that saw palmeto is the one supplement i take and believe in ... good enough for me :)
^^
What do you use Saw Palmetto for, I've seen guys buying it but what is it's main use?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2012, 04:10:53 PM »
^^
What do you use Saw Palmetto for, I've seen guys buying it but what is it's main use?

Prostrate health.  Plus it's a nice antioxidant, IMO.

Lifetime $$$ spent on supps?  Wow. . . has to be in the thousands.   In later years I took almost everything out there, but by then I received everything free so no damage done.

Now? Protein powder & Glutamine.
a

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2012, 04:27:43 PM »
Proteins are chains of aminoacids. What's the catch in taking aminoacids when you're eating ok/using protein powders?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2012, 04:42:58 PM »
MET-RX! ... I spent about $1000 on that POS before I realized it was all nonsense.  The marketing behind that product was ingenuis though... good old Bill Phillips (I hope he dies a miserable death!).  All Met-Rx is was a protein drink with some food gums to add texture and thickness.  The program was based on eating less calories, less carbs and working out 5-6 days a week... how revolutionary! -lol

I know Cybergenetics was another one that bilked many young nyophytes out of lots of money too.  The marketing was huge, but not as creative as Met-Rx.  Bill Phillips had many people in the industry pushing Met-Rx... especially his golden boy Dr Scott Connelly (if I ever meet him I'm going to punch him in the mouth).

It's amusing to look back on my teens and early twenties to realize how much I DIDN'T know.  I see the same thing with kids in the gym today... I want to reach out and shake some sense into them, but they would never listen anyway.

Don't get fooled kids... BBing supplement marketing adds are just a bunch of lies.  Your BBing heroes do not take any of these supplements... they save their money for real supplements like roids and GH.