Author Topic: Watching these gymnast dudes makes me wonder..  (Read 24638 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Re: Watching these gymnast dudes makes me wonder..I
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2012, 06:47:06 PM »
Arms seriously sore for 7 days?! While you're in shape already? Arms are a strong point for me too, and I've done some (stupid) crazy arm workouts but 4 days is max for DOMS. Legs is another story...

Ive never not been in shpe,obviously in regard to doms nothing beats the first workouts
im not saying I get doms 7 days all the time but when i majorly switch things up I on rare occasion carry doms that long .. particularly in the tri's but in truth once i got past 6 yrs of training... doms in the are are rare unless i take a break or switch things up....
choice is an illusion

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: Watching these gymnast dudes makes me wonder..
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2012, 08:16:58 PM »
mesmorph is one of the most gifted natural physique-athletes of all time, normal rules of soreness do not apply to him.

No the other black guy Adrian has him beat lol

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2012, 10:10:18 PM »
No the other black guy Adrian has him beat lol
Superior African genetics keepin whitey down

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2012, 10:38:26 PM »
Gymnasts or any athlete at the olympic level have elite genetics.  You might not have the same results as them.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2012, 11:39:16 PM »
These guys train their asses off for hours per day. None of that 3x per week 1h workouts bodybuilding bullshit.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2012, 12:03:25 AM »

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2012, 12:09:28 AM »

Why are you posting pictures of my private property  >:(
from incomplete data

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2012, 12:15:38 AM »
to show where you made of mate

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2012, 02:21:07 AM »
Regarding the original question of whether it's beneficial to train small muscle groups daily; Johnnie Jackson has some of the best traps ever and he said he developed them because when he was young he'd do shrugs every single day.

It's worth a shot.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2012, 02:23:16 AM »
Regarding the original question of whether it's beneficial to train small muscle groups daily; Johnnie Jackson has some of the best traps ever and he said he developed them because when he was young he'd do shrugs every single day.

It's worth a shot.
But did he develop them because he worked them every day or are his (traps) genetics that good that he could get away with working them each day? And how would they have looked if he had trained them 3, 2 or 1 time per week.
All Bro science, sir... ;)

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2012, 02:31:43 AM »

It's worth a shot.
Yeah right. Its all drugs

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2012, 03:23:47 AM »
Superior African genetics keepin whitey down

but that don't matter none, coz whitely can do her better

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2012, 03:25:39 AM »
But did he develop them because he worked them every day or are his (traps) genetics that good that he could get away with working them each day? And how would they have looked if he had trained them 3, 2 or 1 time per week.
All Bro science, sir... ;)
You have to also remember for many, traps are the easiest to train. And they grow like weeds. If one is younger, training them every day or every other day is going produce good or great results, whether you are natty or not.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2012, 04:26:49 AM »
You have to also remember for many, traps are the easiest to train. And they grow like weeds. If one is younger, training them every day or every other day is going produce good or great results, whether you are natty or not.
x2

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2012, 05:58:58 AM »
LOL @ u morons who waste time training ur arms twice, three times per week. I've been training for 14 years and the past 3 years, I have stopped training arms all together. I have had not one single arm workout in 3 years. They look exactly the same as 3 years ago. You can train your arms 7 days all u want. they will look the same. Stick to once per week if you're conscious about them. Or just drop them all together and concentrate on exercises that release more testoterone (squats, back, etc)... more testoterone = bigger everywhere.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2012, 06:07:29 AM »
LOL @ u morons who waste time training ur arms twice, three times per week. I've been training for 14 years and the past 3 years, I have stopped training arms all together. I have had not one single arm workout in 3 years. They look exactly the same as 3 years ago. You can train your arms 7 days all u want. they will look the same. Stick to once per week if you're conscious about them. Or just drop them all together and concentrate on exercises that release more testoterone (squats, back, etc)... more testoterone = bigger everywhere.
Here you go...no progress in 3 yrs.  ???

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2012, 06:35:18 AM »

That's a myth. And you might be happy with your arms supposedly staying the same size but what if you want them bigger...
Trans Milkshake.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2012, 02:46:30 PM »
Here you go...no progress in 3 yrs.  ???
Lol exactly

"you guys should train like me, my body hasn't changed in 3 years!"

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2012, 03:59:05 PM »
I always found the reverse-grip pull up the single best biceps exercise..

I agree, it also hits my upper back in a different way than a wide over hand grip.

8)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2012, 04:16:23 PM »
Is the low body fat that makes all the difference.

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2012, 04:48:44 PM »
impressive. some of those guys are built.. with REAL muscle. Its the lifestyle that gives them that look. Wrestlers have builds that reflect on the type of activities they do as well. Drugs wont help you attain that, only hard work.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2012, 05:40:07 PM »
I have had not one single arm workout in 3 years. They look exactly the same as 3 years ago.

What do they measure? 15 or 19" ?

That's the point

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2012, 06:31:59 PM »
Arms seriously sore for 7 days?! While you're in shape already? Arms are a strong point for me too, and I've done some (stupid) crazy arm workouts but 4 days is max for DOMS. Legs is another story...

EVEN IF THEY ARE SORE FOR 7 DAYS... SO WHAT???  Hit them again...  

At the moment I only train each muscle once a week, and there are times I'll still be sore the following week... that doesn't mean I won't train???  same applies for the days back when I was working each muscle twice a week... they would still be sore when its time to train them again.. but I'd still hit them again nevertheless!

Yes I am of the belief, if you think you arms are lagging... then go ahead and hit them twice a week or even  3 times a week if you want, and I believe they will improve!

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2012, 06:35:09 PM »
EVEN IF THEY ARE SORE FOR 7 DAYS... SO WHAT???  Hit them again...  

At the moment I only train each muscle once a week, and there are times I'll still be sore the following week... that doesn't mean I won't train???  same applies for the days back when I was working each muscle twice a week... they would still be sore when its time to train them again.. but I'd still hit them again nevertheless!

Yes I am of the belief, if you think you arms are lagging... then go ahead and hit them twice a week or even  3 times a week if you want, and I believe they will improve!

Some argue it's counter productive for a natty, that it's a sign you haven't recovered yet.

I don't really care any more...I just wanna look like a non-gay Bob Paris

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2012, 06:37:10 PM »
Some argue it's counter productive for a natty, that it's a sign you haven't recovered yet.

I don't really care any more...I just wanna look like a non-gay Bob Paris

I don't believe in that... people think "oh you're overtraining" - I say.. Fuck overtraining!  If you can still train then train....

You think these gymnasts aren't sore after a practice?  But they are back again the very next day doing the exact same thing!