Author Topic: “Our rights come from nature and God, not from government"  (Read 16270 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: “Our rights come from nature and God, not from government"
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2012, 08:42:08 PM »
you're correct in thinking that your ability to "see" god in just about everything is not going to be proof enough for me

I'm kind of disappointed that's the best you can do, a completey vague and totally subjective judgement....and then from that you expect someone to conclude that the god you "see" has given me rights?

Yet you are not disappointed in obamas horrible tenure in office.   Lol!!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2012, 08:43:12 PM »
you're correct in thinking that your ability to "see" god in just about everything is not going to be proof enough for me

I'm kind of disappointed that's the best you can do, a completey vague and totally subjective judgement....and then from that you expect someone to conclude that the god you "see" has given me rights?
not at all, I expect you as someone who has convinced themself that God doesnt exist to quickly dismiss any and all evidence I put forth for the existence of God.

Kudos for living up to that expectation....

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2012, 08:49:29 PM »
not at all, I expect you as someone who has convinced themself that God doesnt exist to quickly dismiss any and all evidence I put forth for the existence of God.
Kudos for living up to that expectation....

I have no proof that a "god" exists or doesn't exist

when have I ever said otherwise

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2012, 08:55:35 PM »
I have no proof that a "god" exists or doesn't exist

when have I ever said otherwise
I never said you had proof one way or the other...

but you do not believe in God, correct?

what is your reasoning for that?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2012, 09:00:10 PM »
I never said you had proof one way or the other...

but you do not believe in God, correct?

what is your reasoning for that?

which God

Jesus's dad and his spooky friend?

Allah?

Shiva ?

I have no proof any of them exist or don't exist

haven't I already said that?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2012, 09:02:31 PM »
which God

Jesus's dad and his spooky friend?

Allah?

Shiva ?

I have no proof any of them exist or don't exist

haven't I already said that?
Im not asking for proof, Im asking for your belief in whether or not God/Any god exists.

How hard of a question is this to answer for you?

it seems like you may have some internal conflict with your views seeing as this question is so difficult for you to answer.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2012, 09:10:53 PM »
Im not asking for proof, Im asking for your belief in whether or not God/Any god exists.

How hard of a question is this to answer for you?

it seems like you may have some internal conflict with your views seeing as this question is so difficult for you to answer.

I believe that Shiva might be dancing on the dwarf of ignorance

but that's totally symbolic and not literal

how about you

I assume you're christian (correct me if I'm wrong)

is your god a symbol or an actual being ?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2012, 09:13:55 PM »
Lol its a simple question

When you want a serious conversation let me know

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2012, 09:18:28 PM »
Lol its a simple question

When you want a serious conversation let me know

I agree

it's a very simple question

is your god a being or a symbol?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2012, 09:21:11 PM »
1) "Something" created all us.
2) We cannot and will not ever understand it in this life.
3) God didn't say "You people in USA in 1783 are now granted life, liberty, pursuit of happiness".   People said that.

These are facts.  maybe someone on getbig just "feels" that the God from the Bible decided people inside our borders deserve something that people inside Iran's borders don't deserve.  Kinda cold.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2012, 09:30:55 PM »
1) "Something" created all us.
2) We cannot and will not ever understand it in this life.
3) God didn't say "You people in USA in 1783 are now granted life, liberty, pursuit of happiness".   People said that.

These are facts.  maybe someone on getbig just "feels" that the God from the Bible decided people inside our borders deserve something that people inside Iran's borders don't deserve.  Kinda cold.

how is that a fact

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2012, 10:14:42 PM »
Read the preamble to the. Declaration of Independence.

It says "creator"

It doesn't say God... Could be your mom and dad... every person who came before you in your family tree.

I don't see it as a God thing what so ever.

If that's the case, then why didn't God give those rights to people in Syria... Iran... Russia... China... on and on.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2012, 10:23:06 PM »
If that's the case, then why didn't God give those rights to people in Syria... Iran... Russia... China... on and on.

They seem to think God chose, 250 years ago, to make certain rights worthy of certain people inside certain borders.  What the did founders say?  White males, right?   Pretty strange God would discriminate.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2012, 03:02:51 AM »
Or, as I've said many times, atheism is simply man worshipping HIMSELF.

Why not stop worshipping and use our brain instead?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2012, 04:29:20 AM »
It says "creator"

It doesn't say God... Could be your mom and dad... every person who came before you in your family tree.

I don't see it as a God thing what so ever.

He did , it's just that the people in those countries choose to live that way. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2012, 05:00:51 AM »
My proof is that I can see God in just about everything I see around me. I see God in the actions of my friends and family, nature even misguided ppl like 240.

That is NOT proof.  Or evidence.  That is nothing more than subjective opinion and subconscious projection.   You obviously know as much about what "proof" and "evidence" is our fake little lawyer on here does.

Its not just in the good that God is visible 240

Yeah, because god was really visible in that movie theater massacre wasn't he?  God is really visible when a child is born with MS or some other life crippling/shorting condition.

"Goodness gracious" what kind of God allows that?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2012, 05:03:08 AM »
They seem to think God chose, 250 years ago, to make certain rights worthy of certain people inside certain borders.  What the did founders say?  White males, right?   Pretty strange God would discriminate.

Obviously "God" sure as didn't think blacks or women in the US were worthy of basic rights.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2012, 05:26:49 AM »
Mother Nature?

if so, she's not amused.

its not nice to fool her.
w

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2012, 05:32:10 AM »
That is NOT proof.  Or evidence.  That is nothing more than subjective opinion and subconscious projection.   You obviously know as much about what "proof" and "evidence" is our fake little lawyer on here does.

Yeah, because god was really visible in that movie theater massacre wasn't he?  God is really visible when a child is born with MS or some other life crippling/shorting condition.

"Goodness gracious" what kind of God allows that?

Nice owning of the bible tumblers Lurker :)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2012, 06:00:59 AM »
Nice owning of the bible tumblers Lurker :)

They actually surprise me at times with their nonsense that they try to pass off as "fact" and "proof".   ::)  When challenged, the only resort they seem to have as a fall back is claiming that since you can't prove otherwise, it must be true.   ::) ::)

One retard on here, despite claiming to read the Bible and use it for his day to day guidance says that it was Jesus who created Earth and the universe.   ::)  And time travel too apparently since he had to go back before his birth to do so.

Another one claims that babies born with MS or mental/physical impairments are due to the "sins of the parents".  Cancer, Torquettes, and the like isn't due to a mutation of cells or other biological means that has be documented and proven by science, but rather because of "living in sin".

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2012, 06:11:51 AM »
They actually surprise me at times with their nonsense that they try to pass off as "fact" and "proof".   ::)  When challenged, the only resort they seem to have as a fall back is claiming that since you can't prove otherwise, it must be true.   ::) ::)

One retard on here, despite claiming to read the Bible and use it for his day to day guidance says that it was Jesus who created Earth and the universe.   ::)  And time travel too apparently since he had to go back before his birth to do so.

Another one claims that babies born with MS or mental/physical impairments are due to the "sins of the parents".  Cancer, Torquettes, and the like isn't due to a mutation of cells or other biological means that has be documented and proven by science, but rather because of "living in sin".

Haha priceless.
I guess they dont get out much and talk with people who can challenge their ideas. No wonder they hate the theory of evolution. Learning and improving are not what these guys are about.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2012, 06:18:29 AM »
Is it any wonder there is a decline in religion nowdays?

To be honest though, the only person on here I have found that can talk religion in an intelligent and open minded way that doesn't make themselves look like a full blown tard is Butterbean.  Sharp one there.  Always pleasant to chat with.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2012, 06:23:01 AM »
Obviously "God" sure as didn't think blacks or women in the US were worthy of basic rights.

tony, how do you describe this?   Why are some rights not given to certain groups?  God-given to white males within our borders, from 1780 to present.

God is being super selective here?

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2012, 06:36:39 AM »
A book written by man, right?

Look, I believe in a higher power, but everything we read about that higher power ws written by fallible men like us. Who stole candy from friends.  Who jerked off in the shower.  Who were jealous and normal and everything just like the rest of us.

If a govt takes away our rights, its fucked up - but it's only fucked up by a set of standards written by men.  Ya follow?

By "god's law" - completely natural - big MFers would kill small MFers and take their womenfolk on a daily basis.  There would be no inherent right to life, liberty, or anything else.  Isn't God's actual law - the one we've had for 1 million years of humanity until only a few thousand years ago - pretty much darwinish?  lol, survivlal of the fittest?  

This whole "it's illegal to kill and rob others" is something man invented, champ.

Guess you don 't understand the difference between the old and new testament.

But hey I'm all for survival of the fittest, the leaches of society would be eliminated one way or another
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2012, 06:40:54 AM »
Guess you don 't understand the difference between the old and new testament.

But hey I'm all for survival of the fittest, the leaches of society would be eliminated one way or another

it's a book written by men.  I went to catholic school from grade 1 thru 10.  I had religion class every day.  I was an altar boy. 

I guess I shake my head at men believing they are something separate from animals.  When a smake eats a mouse, that's just nature.  When a man kills a man breaking in his house, that's fine.  When a man shoots a fleeing man in war, it's cool.

But if you shoot a guy for cheating at a card game, you're going to hell.   Written by men, for men.  period.